(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 377.
#9751 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Sounds cool, would there be room behind it to run fiber optic .5mm to 1mm range? I don't want to alter the machine by removing anything though.

Let's talk, sending PM

#9752 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I know right! Seems essential to finish the Black Pearl off. I bet yelobird’s ears are burning right now!

Not really lol. I found the amount of light and Added effect actually great the way they turned out. Drill as you like I am pleased with the final product.

#9753 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not really lol. I found the amount of light and Added effect actually great the way they turned out. Drill as you like I am pleased with the final product.

No no no... your ears are burning because we want you to make some sort of awesome mod that goes between the BP spinners and hides the mechs back there. Please?

No changes are being request of the barrels!

#9754 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

How long was the wait? I'm waiting on TOTAN and just wondering what your time was.

Just over 2 months

#9755 4 years ago

Word on the street is that Kaneda is joining this club.

I welcome and look forward to his conversion to a full fledged Pirates fan!

#9756 4 years ago

For those that haven’t bought a special edition heard they’re almost sold out for left across the country

#9757 4 years ago

4 left to be sold

#9758 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Word on the street is that Kaneda is joining this club.
I welcome and look forward to his conversion to a full fledged Pirates fan!

I like his podcast even tho the funny thing I own the 2 machines he has bagged on the most! And absolutely love them..best 2 pin lineup I've owned! Hope he is getting one and anybody else that gets a chance!

#9759 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

I like his podcast even tho the funny thing I own the 2 machines he has bagged on the most! And absolutely love them..best 2 pin lineup I've owned! Hope he is getting one and anybody else that gets a chance!

I own a couple others, in addition to Pirates, that have been on his bash list as well: Houdini and Star Wars. Love both of 'em!

Playing Pirates in his home is going to be a HUGE improvement for him over trying to play it on location in NYC.

#9760 4 years ago

Modding this pin is so addictive! I just got the Kraken, cannon, and silencer from the mod couple and these are truly must haves. Tonight was the first time I really looked around the playfield and man this game is just gorgeous. Now I wish I would have also ordered both flasher mods and the gold lock button darnit. Beautiful work yelobird and shipped fast!

#9761 4 years ago

Where can I find jj authentic shaker motor to purchase seems kind of odd can’t seem to find any.

#9762 4 years ago

Shaker can be ordered from JJP if you like.

#9763 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

I get the impression he doesn't like to take the time to learn code that has some complexity to it. Maybe in a home environment he will learn to like the game.

#9764 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I own a couple others, in addition to Pirates, that have been on his bash list as well: Houdini and Star Wars. Love both of 'em!
Playing Pirates in his home is going to be a HUGE improvement for him over trying to play it on location in NYC.

Was this in his latest podcast?

#9765 4 years ago

I would sell my LE topper, for a trick nicer "Ship in the Bottle" type, like CE.

#9766 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Was this in his latest podcast?

He talks about getting a new game (POTC), but doesn't reveal the name.

#9767 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I get the impression he doesn't like to take the time to learn code that has some complexity to it. Maybe in a home environment he will learn to like the game.

So have you decided to get a pirates over a stern then?

#9768 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Where can I find jj authentic shaker motor to purchase seems kind of odd can’t seem to find any.

I got one from JJP. Call frank in tech, option 1, very nice person. The first one I got was not working and sent out a replacement. He told me set it in high since it’s a wide body and yes the machine can handle it

#9769 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Modding this pin is so addictive! I just got the Kraken, cannon, and silencer from the mod couple and these are truly must haves. Tonight was the first time I really looked around the playfield and man this game is just gorgeous. Now I wish I would have also ordered both flasher mods and the gold lock button darnit. Beautiful work yelobird and shipped fast!

I’m not a big mod person, have left my BM 66 and Star Wars fairly stock. But out $1000 in this, I was only able to get an SE so I wanted to go all out. Love the kraken, and the lighting...depths, backboard, and chest. And art blades, a must for all games in my opinion, why they don’t come with them and just increase the price? Like I want a black space in my game.

#9770 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So have you decided to get a pirates over a stern then?

I've decided pirates is the game I'd rather get over any stern right now. I haven't ordered one yet, still feeling like I missed out on getting an LE. They took out so much with the SE it almost seems like it should be a little less expensive than it is.

#9771 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I've decided pirates is the game I'd rather get over any stern right now. I haven't ordered one yet, still feeling like I missed out on getting an LE. They took out so much with the SE it almost seems like it should be a little less expensive than it is.

I felt the same way, but added a lot of mods and just as happy as an LE owner, considering I have one and am playing it whenever I want. So if you can’t get your favorite pizza you never going to eat pizza again? Order from classic game rooms. $199 shipping, mine arrived in 6 days. But get on them if they haven’t shipped in 48 hours

#9772 4 years ago

As much crap as Kaneda gets, and a lot many deal is warranted, he is honest, straight forward, and is open to discussing varied view points and he takes that and learns and often changes his beliefs or thoughts. If he gets a POTC good for him. He may end up not liking it or may love it. I wanted to get rid of mine in the first month. I had great ball times and high scores, but then went to BM 66 and felt like I was actually progressing to something. Then it kind of clicked with me that it’s a different game and different goals

#9773 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I felt the same way, but added a lot of mods and just as happy as an LE owner, considering I have one and am playing it whenever I want. So if you can’t get your favorite pizza you never going to eat pizza again? Order from classic game rooms. $199 shipping, mine arrived in 6 days. But get on them if they haven’t shipped in 48 hours

$199 for pizza and it comes in 6 days????? Must be great pizza!

#9774 4 years ago

LE #2000 arriving at the house tomorrow evening! It's been a long wait but I'm sure it will be worth it.

#9775 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

LE #2000 arriving at the house tomorrow evening! It's been a long wait but I'm sure it will be worth it.

2000 that number right? months back I wanted a number just over 1000 , was told I couldn't they weren't going that high.

#9776 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

He told me set it in high

That's were mine is, and every time I get the dead mans chest mutli ball the wife rubs herself on the pin!

#9777 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Do people find the dog and barrel flasher covers dim the affect of the flashers? I really love the dog, it brings backs nostalgic memories of the ride. I guess if you have the dog, you need the barrel. But I’m torn, cos I really love the light show too!!! Decisions! Will definitely get the cannon, kraken and the wife wants the monkey. Thought she would be satisfied of just having one around the house.
Also would love a half wheel with decking to represent the helm on top of the black pearl spinners. Seems to be enough room with the rocking. As long as enough room to pull playfield up and out.

I use skulls for the flashers.
They shine perfectly.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3393818

skull (resized).jpgskull (resized).jpg
#9778 4 years ago

Finally scored a Jack Sparrow figure for $29 shipped!

Can’t wait to give Tom the boot.

Am I going to need to drill the factory bumper cap or are there existing holes to use where Tom was mounted?

#9779 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

2000 that number right? months back I wanted a number just over 1000 , was told I couldn't they weren't going that high.

I believe people had the chance to choose their number. Mine just came off the line and was 273 (didn't choose mine though).

#9780 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Am I going to need to drill the factory bumper cap or are there existing holes to use where Tom was mounted?

No need to drill any parts of the game. Follow the write up I did for squid face install basically the same. Just use the 2 screw mounts they provided.

#9781 4 years ago

So if I have this right...there are 4 collectors edition unspoken for? No limited editions and several standards?

#9782 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did you get the Neca series 1? I’m hunting for a nice Elizabeth Swan but they are all meh looking. The nicest female is Hot Toys Angelica but she is around $200

55341FA4-0178-44DA-BCFA-6AC6061A7268 (resized).jpeg55341FA4-0178-44DA-BCFA-6AC6061A7268 (resized).jpeg
#9783 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

I believe people had the chance to choose their number. Mine just came off the line and was 273 (didn't choose mine though).

Yes you could but when I ordered back in Jan I was told nothing over 1000. Maybe he meant 200

#9784 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Did you get the Neca series 1? I’m hunting for a nice Elizabeth Swan but they are all meh looking. The nicest female is Hot Toys Angelica but she is around $200[quoted image]

I went with the Neca series 3 Jack Sparrow. Same size.

#9785 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Yes you could but when I ordered back in Jan I was told nothing over 1000. Maybe he meant 200

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
#9786 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

this is what I was told directly from JJP at the time. Apparently, they changed their mind after that.

#9787 4 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

So if I have this right...there are 4 collectors edition unspoken for? No limited editions and several standards?

No CEs left no LEs left ... I think there are only 5 SEs available

#9788 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No need to drill any parts of the game. Follow the write up I did for squid face install basically the same. Just use the 2 screw mounts they provided.

Yelobird - would you consider making that disc for underneath the figure? I was thinking it would help with stability.

#9789 4 years ago

Is the SE that much different?

#9790 4 years ago

Is the SE that much different?

Different enough that you can still buy one.

#9792 4 years ago

I was finally able to locate a Davy Jones figurine for my CE. Thanks David Yelobird for the detailed modification instructions! I absolutely love the looks of this, especially on the CE version.

DJones CE (resized).jpgDJones CE (resized).jpg
#9793 4 years ago

I know the differences but is it something that is really noticeable vs seeing it on paper. It’s a difference of 1k...I wouldn’t mind buying the SE (being they are the only thing left lol)...I think the only thing I’d be missing is the GI lighting

#9794 4 years ago

I know the differences but is it something that is really noticeable vs seeing it on paper. It’s a difference of 1k...I wouldn’t mind buying the SE (being they are the only thing left lol)...I think the only thing I’d be missing is the GI lighting

I didn't think so and bailed on my LE(in part due to the chipping concerns as well), then signed up for the standard. The only things that are missing are the GI RGB lights, the starfield, textured powdercoat, and the topper, which isn't great. You can get the shaker ($150), the headphone jack/volume assay ($84), the Devil's Triangle Sculpture over the left wireform ($54), and the spinning pirate Tom, which you can plug in on the Standard ($220). Add powdercoating and the invisiglass, and you are up to $1000 at least. So on further reflection, it probably is worth the difference for upgrades, and I may have missed some, if you like that kind of thing.

#9795 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Check your bulb, small red light in front right side of chest.
I’ll try to photo it but looks like it’s in the front right corner when viewed from playing position.
It isn’t super bright but it is there and noticeable.

Good to talk to you, I would not have noticed the red LED. Thought a bit about the light. I will try to install a red plastic heart and put the LED in, which should intensify the beating effekt from the LED. For that I have to remove the screw next to the red LED. The screw is not directly accessable. Do I have to remove the whole chest?

#9796 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I didn't think so and bailed on my LE(in part due to the chipping concerns as well), then signed up for the standard. The only things that are missing are the GI RGB lights, the starfield, textured powdercoat, and the topper, which isn't great. You can get the shaker ($150), the headphone jack/volume assay ($84), the Devil's Triangle Sculpture over the left wireform ($54), and the spinning pirate Tom, which you can plug in on the Standard ($220). Add powdercoating and the invisiglass, and you are up to $1000 at least. So on further reflection, it probably is worth the difference for upgrades, and I may have missed some, if you like that kind of thing.

For the extra 1k, I really think you're getting a decent bargain w/ the LE upgrades. I'm really glad I was able to get one of the last LE's from Joe at PinballStar. I sprung the extra coin to have the radcals installed. Along with a bunch of mods from the ModCouple and the Mezels, this machine really stands out amongst the crowd.

#9797 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Good to talk to you, I would not have noticed the red LED. Thought a bit about the light. I will try to install a red plastic heart and put the LED in, which should intensify the beating effekt from the LED. For that I have to remove the screw next to the red LED. The screw is not directly accessable. Do I have to remove the whole chest?

It's not a red LED. It's a tiny LED board like many of the other mini RGB light boards JJP uses in modern games. It's wired (not a plug) at the board and is screwed to the inside of the chest. You could probably re-mount the board and glue a transparent heart to it with some custom modding.

#9798 4 years ago

It's not a red LED. It's a tiny LED board like many of the other mini RGB light boards JJP uses in modern games. It's wired (not a plug) at the board and is screwed to the inside of the chest. You could probably re-mount the board and glue a transparent heart to it with some custom modding.

Don’t think I’ve ever noticed the light any color other than when it is red indicating to load the chest.

#9799 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Missing the star map, too.

#9800 4 years ago

Yes, but what is the easiest way to re-mount the board by removing the screw?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/196?hl=marz_78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.