(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,869 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 378.
#9701 4 years ago

I will have to remember to look for this!! Now you got me wondering!

#9702 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Yes, that is what I meant. But my chest is not flashing at all, neither in the pre lock nor in the lock status.

Check your bulb, small red light in front right side of chest.

I’ll try to photo it but looks like it’s in the front right corner when viewed from playing position.

It isn’t super bright but it is there and noticeable.

#9703 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You need to plug your sub directly into the headphones socket on the CPU in the backbox (as described in my post) - not the headphones socket on the front of the cabinet. You'll need a splitter to allow the sub to share the CPU's socket along with the cable jack from the headphones socket on the front of the cabinet.

What kind of splitter would that be, do you have a reference? This would mean to plug that in the 2 RCA inputs of the sub? Would the quality be better than using the high level inputs in the sub from the alligator clips?

#9704 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

What kind of splitter would that be, do you have a reference? This would mean to plug that in the 2 RCA inputs of the sub? Would the quality be better than using the high level inputs in the sub from the alligator clips?

The splitter consists of a single 3.5mm (male) jack attached to two 3.5 mm (female) sockets. The splitter jack plugs into the CPU's headphone socket. The two splitter sockets receive (1) the 3.5 mm jack from the cabinet headphone socket cable and (2) a 3.5 mm jack on the end of a subwoofer cable w/ RCA connector(s) on other end.

Piece of cake.

#9705 4 years ago

Ok, I understand, thanks.

What about quality, is that better than alligator Clips?

#9706 4 years ago

Finally found a CE for sale near me. Can't wait to get it! I haven't really watched the movie, but Im a fan of the pirate theme. Maybe I will add a goonies mod.

#9707 4 years ago

Wow thats the first time I noticed it! There it is in the chest.

DD92D4B5-CEC9-4066-AB34-7BE1FF78B64C (resized).jpegDD92D4B5-CEC9-4066-AB34-7BE1FF78B64C (resized).jpeg
#9708 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

The KIT seems to do nothing else than using alligator clips, only a bit more comfortable. It connects to the speaker cable in the cabinet. So it seems that there is no way to use direct board connection for the sub only?

Pinwoofer kits replace the stock sub and installs an amp. Way better than stock sub. Plus it is inside the machine vs wires running to a box outside. It uses a t tap on speaker wire and power connects using an empty unused plug located in the backbox. Super easy.

But if you already have the external sub, alligator clip will work fine.

#9709 4 years ago

Hey guys! I've been lurking on Pinside for a good 3 years now searching for my first pin (NIB at that) and finally settled on JJP POTC! Just received it last week and this game totally lives up to expectations - super happy!!

I bought an LE from Christopher from Kingpin Games and he's been awesome with the whole transaction! Had a few little issues (as with any pin) and he's "righted the ship" so to speak and been great! Highly recommend him!

#9710 4 years ago
Quoted from tgrinchy:

Hey guys! I've been lurking on Pinside for a good 3 years now searching for my first pin (NIB at that) and finally settled on JJP POTC! Just received it last week and this game totally lives up to expectations - super happy!!
I bought an LE from Christopher from Kingpin Games and he's been awesome with the whole transaction! Had a few little issues (as with any pin) and he's "righted the ship" so to speak and been great! Highly recommend him!

Congrats on the new pin! It's an awesome game.

#9711 4 years ago
Quoted from tgrinchy:

I've had my POTC LE for 2 weeks now. Awesome game!

#9712 4 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Just curious, is there any point value assigned to getting the "666666" (all six multiballs running at the same time)? With as hard as it is to get and maintain, seems like something major should happen. My thought was you get 666,666 points or something.

Not sure what the scoring total was during the 6MBs at once, but this video shows them in action. The overall game score ended up at 982,909 from my 9-year old who took over and finished my game.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fr4AqHZgkG9qd5eQ6.

#9713 4 years ago

We'll lets hear from all u SE owners too. I'll have mine next week once this stupid cold goes away

#9715 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Ok, I understand, thanks.
What about quality, is that better than alligator Clips?

I would imagine that standard connectors would result in higher quality audio. Can't say as to how much though as I've never used alligator clips for hooking up a sub.

#9716 4 years ago

How about this Black Pearl for an SE topper? Next, how to make it rock and have rolling waves...

F0239942-66BA-467B-AD09-7152FB9CB565 (resized).jpegF0239942-66BA-467B-AD09-7152FB9CB565 (resized).jpeg
#9717 4 years ago
Quoted from tgrinchy:

Thanks for the kind words John.

#9718 4 years ago

Has anyone put mirror blades on their POTC? The playfield is really tight, not sure if they will fit.

...q the cheeky puns, but hopefully get an answer.

#9719 4 years ago

Anyone notice the stickers starting to peel off their target ship? Little squares on the movable side of the ship that faces the BP.

#9720 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Has anyone put mirror blades on their POTC? The playfield is really tight, not sure if they will fit.
...q the cheeky puns, but hopefully get an answer.

Nothing cheeky but I will teach you how to fish instead. At the Top of this POTC thread simply type "Mirror Blades" and you will see ALL of the people that installed them, How they installed them, and if they worked along with what they look like! I even did a write up on this as did several others! Good Luck!

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 1.01.18 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-05-30 at 1.01.18 AM (resized).png
#9721 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Nothing cheeky but I will teach you how to fish instead. At the Top of this POTC thread simply type "Mirror Blades" and you will see ALL of the people that installed them, How they installed them, and if they worked along with what they look like! I even did a write up on this as did several others! Good Luck![quoted image]

Is Yelobird making another railing mod like the Mezel version or was that wishful thinking?

#9722 4 years ago

I think he is working on it! I am expecting a great mod, that's why it's taking so long! But my wife says nothing will beat the dog barrel light cover.

#9723 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Check your bulb, small red light in front right side of chest.
I’ll try to photo it but looks like it’s in the front right corner when viewed from playing position.
It isn’t super bright but it is there and noticeable.

Quoted from heni1977:

Wow thats the first time I noticed it! There it is in the chest.[quoted image]

We all really need to gang up for a request to pinball_keefer to turn up the intensity on that light. I never noticed it either and was going to get the mod to light up the chest. It's there already ... just a little too dim. I'm sure it's likely just a simple code adjustment to make that brighter.

#9724 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

We all really need to gang up for a request to pinball_keefer to turn up the intensity on that light. I never noticed it either and was going to get the mod to light up the chest. It's there already ... just a little too dim. I'm sure it's likely just a simple code adjustment to make that brighter.

Yep, there already and works great. If I’m playing in dim light it’s pretty noticeable but with lights on normal doesn’t quite jump out at you.

Pretty slick though that they incorporated this though!

#9725 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I think he is working on it! I am expecting a great mod, that's why it's taking so long! But my wife says nothing will beat the dog barrel light cover.

I’m still wanting to do the tortuga Tom replacement...wish someone would sell these so it’s work free!

#9726 4 years ago

I am still waiting on Tortuga Tina!!!

#9727 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I am still waiting on Tortuga Tina!!!

Aka - Mrs Swann?

#9728 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I was about to order the one from Mezel, hopefully he confirms!

#9729 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m still wanting to do the tortuga Tom replacement...wish someone would sell these so it’s work free!

It was no work at all when I did it. Followed instructions somewhere in this thread. Snap figure in half. Drill pilot holes in bottom of figure. Screw in figure. Nothing else to it. I gorilla glued the gun and bottle in the hands and glued the joints into position so it wouldn't move. Piece of cake and took me about 10 minutes.

#9730 4 years ago

I'm just order a SE hopefully it arrives sometime next week. Any must have mods people can recomend figuer I'll start buying them so I have them in hand by the time potc arrives

#9731 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Any must have mods people can recomend figuer I'll start buying them so I have them in hand by the time potc arrives

1 of each of these :

https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-custom-mods-collection

LTG : )

#9732 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I'm just order a SE hopefully it arrives sometime next week. Any must have mods people can recomend figuer I'll start buying them so I have them in hand by the time potc arrives

Some lighting enhancement mods from us...I'd guess a backboard light would be good on the SE since there is no star map.

https://lermods.com/t/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-mods

#9733 4 years ago

I would suggest the trough light too!

#9734 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yep, there already and works great. If I’m playing in dim light it’s pretty noticeable but with lights on normal doesn’t quite jump out at you.
Pretty slick though that they incorporated this though!

I have not noticed it before you indicated that there is a red light flashing when ready to lock. It seems far to small. But if the flashing is akready installed, the modding industry should hook a better lightning to this LED easily. A green flashing would better suit to the general chest colour.

#9735 4 years ago

Got my standard coming next week. I guess if I love it, I can get an LE or CE later if they seem different. Shaker is coming, can add the headphone jack/volume control, and rock formation on the left inexpensively. JJP said the software wouldn't support the LED constellation for the Standard, but I think more likely there is a driver board and LEDs they won't bundle for the standard-as the software looks the same to me?... Beats me, I'll just have some fun with it.

#9736 4 years ago

Would a CE topper work on a LE, meaning would it move like on a CE? Possibly a CE owner is not interested and might sell his topper.

#9737 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Would a CE topper work on a LE, meaning would it move like on a CE? Possibly a CE owner is not interested and might sell his topper.

At some point in the prior 10k posts there was a comment that it was not compatible due to coding differences on the LE. I am sure it could be rigged to work on a separate circuit but it would not have controls coded to function with the LE for varied speeds as the CE does. Honestly though I would doubt any of the 200 CE holders would sell as it is an iconic part of the upgrade to CE. You would need to wait for one to be scrapped to harvest the parts. I personally would not sell mine. So there are 199 left to get lucky on!

Really, a mod maker could make something on par and the market for it would be pretty well open for folks. However, the LE does have a pretty nice topper included so you would be aiming for those SE on location that rarely upgrade anyways. So maybe it’s not a large enough market...

#9738 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Modcouple barrel topper, monkey, silencer, and maelstrom mods are great.

Also elsewhere in these threads are a pistol handle launcher and barrel section that goes under the glass. The whole deal is pricy but the quality of product is insane. Feels like a real pistol. I got one for my CE and it looks amazing. The launcher feel takes a handful of games to get used to as well as you don’t really pull the launcher the same as you would a pistol. I’ll post a pic later with it. You also need to replace the launcher spring with a more robust spring to account for the weight of the new launcher.

#9739 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Would a CE topper work on a LE,

No, software won't support it. You'd need the CE dongle too.

Quoted from dts:

JJP said the software wouldn't support the LED constellation for the Standard, but I think more likely there is a driver board and LEDs they won't bundle for the standard-as the software looks the same to me?..

JJP told you the truth.

#9740 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I have not noticed it before you indicated that there is a red light flashing when ready to lock. It seems far to small. But if the flashing is akready installed, the modding industry should hook a better lightning to this LED easily. A green flashing would better suit to the general chest colour.

I like the red, it is intended to represent Davey Jones Heart and seems to flicker to the Heart Beat. Not sure green would give same effect.

#9741 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No, software won't support it. You'd need the CE dongle too.

JJP told you the truth.

Good to know, thanks.

#9742 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Some lighting enhancement mods from us...I'd guess a backboard light would be good on the SE since there is no star map.
https://lermods.com/t/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-mods

Do you have a picture of the backglass lighting kit installed? I purchased one from you, but can’t figure out how to install it without it greatly affecting the high score picture quality.

#9743 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I like the red, it is intended to represent Davey Jones Heart and seems to flicker to the Heart Beat. Not sure green would give same effect.

We have a mod to light the chest, you can’t really see the stock lights very well. It is not interactive, but can be set with different light modes with the supplied controller. We have it listed for red and gold, but we can do green or other colors like purple, blue and white (warm and cool). I’ll look at interactive, but it might be running directly into a board and I’m not a fan of having people plug things into the boards where they can cause problems.

https://lermods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-pinball-illuminated-chest-light

#9744 4 years ago

If anyone without a starmap is interested in "starry sky" lights behind the full width "galaxy sky" background I was thinking of doing that along with the full width plastic. Let me know if I should invest the time: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-anyone-be-interested-in-replacement-star-map-plastic-for-jjpotc#post-5020553

#9745 4 years ago

Do people find the dog and barrel flasher covers dim the affect of the flashers? I really love the dog, it brings backs nostalgic memories of the ride. I guess if you have the dog, you need the barrel. But I’m torn, cos I really love the light show too!!! Decisions! Will definitely get the cannon, kraken and the wife wants the monkey. Thought she would be satisfied of just having one around the house.

Also would love a half wheel with decking to represent the helm on top of the black pearl spinners. Seems to be enough room with the rocking. As long as enough room to pull playfield up and out.

#9746 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Do people find the dog and barrel flasher covers dim the affect of the flashers? I really love the dog, it brings backs nostalgic memories of the ride. I guess if you have the dog, you need the barrel. But I’m torn, cos I really love the light show too!!! Decisions! Will definitely get the cannon, kraken and the wife wants the monkey. Thought she would be satisfied of just having one around the house.
Also would love a half wheel with decking to represent the helm on top of the black pearl spinners. Seems to be enough room with the rocking. As long as enough room to pull playfield up and out.

Yes. I was considering opening up the holes a bit more or creating new ones in the barrel. I would be nice actually if the barrel was thin so it lit up with the flasher. Probably opposite of what you want to do when designing something to last.

I also want that "wheel" or something to fill the gap, no one seems interested in making it.

#9747 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yes. I was considering opening up the holes a bit more or creating new ones in the barrel. I would be nice actually if the barrel was thin so it lit up with the flasher. Probably opposite of what you want to do when designing something to last.
I also want that "wheel" or something to fill the gap, no one seems interested in making it.

I know right! Seems essential to finish the Black Pearl off. I bet @yelobird’s ears are burning right now!

#9748 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

If anyone without a starmap is interested in "starry sky" lights behind the full width "galaxy sky" background I was thinking of doing that along with the full width plastic. Let me know if I should invest the time: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/would-anyone-be-interested-in-replacement-star-map-plastic-for-jjpotc#post-5020553

Sounds cool, would there be room behind it to run fiber optic .5mm to 1mm range? I don't want to alter the machine by removing anything though.

#9749 4 years ago

My cliffys shipped!

Now I guess I have to keep the pin forever. :p

#9750 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My cliffys shipped!
Now I guess I have to keep the pin forever. :p

How long was the wait? I'm waiting on TOTAN and just wondering what your time was.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,869 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/195?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.