(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 377.
#9651 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it does it again, you need a tighter rubber ring.
LTG : )

Thats what she said! HAHAHAHAHA, ok sorry I couldn't resist

#9652 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Anyone with Any model Pirates should be happy. They 100% play the same and there is nothing to justify or doubt. An Absolutely brilliant game at all accessory levels. Rarely does a game fit that criteria but this one does. If you enjoy the game you made the right decision and future value is a mute point as we are not trading futures here. Dam I love this game warts and all Still simply the best and proud to own one. (Or two..). Arghhhh

Don’t and won’t be selling this game ever.... even if I wanted to my wife would shoot me

#9653 4 years ago

Picked this up tonight...

9A5DA15E-4DE5-4F65-A756-71DA2BD037A8 (resized).jpeg9A5DA15E-4DE5-4F65-A756-71DA2BD037A8 (resized).jpeg
#9654 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Picked this up tonight...[quoted image]

I've gotten better at playing that mode, but for a while it was like...wuh?

BTW, this game is having one of the best honeymoon periods since I started helping with a route locally here (pin stuff only). I was a bit concerned because this would be the first 1 play/$1.50 or 4 play/$5 machine due to the high LE cost (all Prem/LE pins are going here, and soon), but I upped the ball count to 4/game and put the ball counts (3) on the other machine price cards so n00bs could see they were getting one more ball per game at the higher price. People seem to be accepting the bump in price with an extra ball included and jjPotC is killing it on earnings. Double the nearest machines and triple some of the other machines on the route. We'll see if it lasts, but it's an encouraging start. The bar owner is addicted to it and calls it the best pinball machine he's ever played. Says he has no idea what he's doing, but he's having fun doing it.

#9655 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've gotten better at playing that mode, but for a while it was like...wuh?
BTW, this game is having one of the best honeymoon periods since I started helping with a route locally here (pin stuff only). I was a bit concerned because this would be the first 1 play/$1.50 or 4 play/$5 machine due to the high LE cost (all pins are going here, and soon), but I upped the ball count to 4/game and put the ball counts (3) on the other machine price cards so n00bs could see they were getting one more ball per game at the higher price. People seem to be accepting the bump in price and jjPotC is killing it on earnings. Double the nearest machines and triple some of the other machines on the route. We'll see if it lasts, but it's an encouraging start.

That’s great to hear

#9656 4 years ago

Question for owners... What are the adjustments in the software you can make on the rocking ship? Just wondering if the rocking motion can be shut off if it gets annoying. Or adjusted so that it only rocks if a ball is up there. Just curious.

#9657 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Question for owners... What are the adjustments in the software you can make on the rocking ship? Just wondering if the rocking motion can be shut off if it gets annoying. Or adjusted so that it only rocks if a ball is up there. Just curious.

There are optos that tell the game logic where it is, and the position/speed is determined by the software.
I could be mistaken but I don't think there is much if anything to adjust here.

Learn to enjoy the motion of the ocean!

#9658 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

There are optos that tell the game logic where it is, and the position/speed is determined by the software.
I could be mistaken but I don't think there is much if anything to adjust here.
Learn to enjoy the motion of the ocean!

When I watched a video it looked like the ship was rocking faster when a ball was up there and it slowed down when it wasn't. Just makes more sense to me that it doesn't rock at all when there is no ball up there. No big deal really but just wondering if there was a way.

#9659 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Well.....
This is a first...LOL[quoted image]

Mine did the same just over a month ago. Good news: hasn't done it since. Fluke?

#9660 4 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

One of the characters slows the rocking speed. Yeah, they thought of everything.

#9661 4 years ago

As the game goes on and you visit the Pearl more and more, “the seas get rougher” and the Pearl will rock farther and faster. Cotton slows it down and calms the seas.

#9662 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

As the game goes on and you visit the Pearl more and more, “the seas get rougher” and the Pearl will rock farther and faster. Cotton slows it down and calms the seas.

Yeah, it gets pretty crazy as the game goes on. Might be nice to have a "calm pearl" mystery award show up every now and again...

#9663 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it gets pretty crazy as the game goes on. Might be nice to have a "calm pearl" mystery award show up every now and again...

Especially during COTBP Multiball.

#9664 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

RLA-HC 66” with big wheel attachment and pinball lift plate. Call Zach to discuss though. In case you hadn’t seen it here is a video I made using it to set up a pin completely solo.

Nice video and game room setup! Really digging my Escalera, makes moving games so much easier and safer. I've moved Sterns by myself but I'm too nervous to do the same with a JJP pin that weighs around 100lbs more. I still have a spotter when moving JJP pins down the stairs lol.

#9665 4 years ago

Yelobird I am still waiting on your Dauntless deck mod!
Mezel's is nice but I like your railing better and would like to keep it. No hurts towards Mezel they still make great products and my BP deck is on it's way!!

#9666 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, like Calm before the Storm, with a countdown let's say 8 seconds before the Seas get heavy, then let the rocking begin.

#9667 4 years ago

A interactive chest lightning mod would be great. Interactive in the meaning that it lights when the chest will lock a ball and flashes when the lock is not yet ready (or the other way round). The current mod is lightning without any relation to the lock status.

#9668 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nice video and game room setup! Really digging my Escalera, makes moving games so much easier and safer. I've moved Sterns by myself but I'm too nervous to do the same with a JJP pin that weighs around 100lbs more. I still have a spotter when moving JJP pins down the stairs lol.

I would not use a spotter. If something does go wrong one person isn’t going to be able to catch/stop 550 pounds. (450 for pin, 100 for escalera)

#9669 4 years ago

Has anyone installed the Mezel Mods illuminated cannon mod? Looks really cool and I love that it flashes when the cannon fires! Anyone have pics or better yet, a video?
https://mezelmods.com/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-pinball-black-pearl-cannon

#9670 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

A interactive chest lightning mod would be great. Interactive in the meaning that it lights when the chest will lock a ball and flashes when the lock is not yet ready (or the other way round). The current mod is lightning without any relation to the lock status.

Doesn’t the chest already have interactive lighting? I swear mine flashes red inside when it’s ready for a ball to be locked. I’m assuming this is what your referring to.

#9671 4 years ago

Good thing about the SE: it plays the same as the other models. So it's a purely cosmetic thing. I think folks get too caught up in model envy sometimes, here on Pinside. Most threads I frequent feature some of that action.

I only buy standard/pro editions - whether Stern, or JJP, or whatever. If I don't like a standard edition, I pass, whether or not the higher end models are better. Sometimes you get lucky. My Deadpool Pro is an awesome game with almost the same gameplay as the higher models. Pirates SE is the same game, just cosmetic differences. But anyway, that's just my personal philosophy about pin shopping. Pins are already absurdly expensive toys, so I hang around the low end of the cost scale. Other folks think differently about it, obviously. Some folks are probably loaded, and the cost difference is trivial. No worries.

Just be happy with what you've got! You have pinball machines. In your house. And if you have a Pirates - of any flavor - you have one of the GOAT pins. It's all good.

#9672 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I'm in the same boat interested in the standard but wondering is there such difference in gameplay and features worth waiting for a LE to pop up. I read theres no RGB on the playfield or star field.
I really dont care about the star field but does the RGB make a difference? Does RGB playfield mean all those changing colors on the arrow indicators will be just white?

SE still comes with RGB insert lighting, so arrows are full RGB. So is the strip underneath the pearl ramp. The white LEDs on the SE are for General Illumination only. Gameplay effect is zero.

#9673 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I upped the ball count to 4/game and put the ball counts (3) on the other machine price cards so n00bs could see they were getting one more ball per game at the higher price. People seem to be accepting the bump in price with an extra ball included and jjPotC is killing it on earnings.

Good to hear. Coming soon to all games...

potc_game_length (resized).jpgpotc_game_length (resized).jpg
#9674 4 years ago

Just curious, is there any point value assigned to getting the "666666" (all six multiballs running at the same time)? With as hard as it is to get and maintain, seems like something major should happen. My thought was you get 666,666 points or something.

#9675 4 years ago

pinball_keefer are we going to possibly see some attract mode music other then the standard JJP?

#9676 4 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Just curious, is there any point value assigned to getting the "666666" (all six multiballs running at the same time)? With as hard as it is to get and maintain, seems like something major should happen. My thought was you get 666,666 points or something.

Try to get the Big Points award while 666666 is running. I think_ this gives you a 66,666 jackpot. Couple that with a super or shotX and boooom

#9677 4 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

SE still comes with RGB insert lighting, so arrows are full RGB. So is the strip underneath the pearl ramp. The white LEDs on the SE are for General Illumination only. Gameplay effect is zero.

Plus the Lanterns on the Rocking Ship playfield are also RGB, which is coo.

I bet in 1 week that all the SE's that are available for sale will probably be gone.

#9678 4 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

Good thing about the SE: it plays the same as the other models. So it's a purely cosmetic thing. I think folks get too caught up in model envy sometimes, here on Pinside. Most threads I frequent feature some of that action.
I only buy standard/pro editions - whether Stern, or JJP, or whatever. If I don't like a standard edition, I pass, whether or not the higher end models are better. Sometimes you get lucky. My Deadpool Pro is an awesome game with almost the same gameplay as the higher models. Pirates SE is the same game, just cosmetic differences. But anyway, that's just my personal philosophy about pin shopping. Pins are already absurdly expensive toys, so I hang around the low end of the cost scale. Other folks think differently about it, obviously. Some folks are probably loaded, and the cost difference is trivial. No worries.
Just be happy with what you've got! You have pinball machines. In your house. And if you have a Pirates - of any flavor - you have one of the GOAT pins. It's all good.

I'm with you on this machine for sure. On some others, it matters, but it differs between games. IMDN Pro and AS Pro are great, for example. But I liked IMDNLE, so that was a personal choice. ST Pro for me wasn't as fun as the Pre/Le but others disagree. I bought DILE but in retrospect think it didn't matter. BM66 Pre is great (no Pro model). I'm actually surprised there aren't more people choosing the POTC Standard over the LE, which is part of the reason I dragged my feet, as it allows for more customized mods than the LE and CE models, and plays exactly the same.

#9679 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

Agreed! But.. I think those kinds of interactions are hard to integrate because there aren't basic lighting circuits to tie in to.

#9680 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Good to hear. Coming soon to all games...[quoted image]

Thanks for implementing this! It will help with the pricing transition.

#9681 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Full info for anyone interested:
I hooked up a Polk PSW10 powered subwoofer to my POTC as I have with all of my Stern games and my Houdini. These sound great and are relatively cheap - as little as $80 online occasionally. I think it helps with POTC's bass, but it's not as noticeable a difference to me as on my newer Stern games which I attribute to JJP's cabinet subwoofer probably being better than Stern's.
This is the cable that I have used to connect most of my subwoofers (but there are a lot of others that will work as well and you typically only need one RCA jack rather than two):
amazon.com link »
On the right underside of your POTC's CPU (located behind the backbox screen), you'll find the typical (pink, green, blue(?)) sockets for audio jacks to plug into. You want to use the headphone output socket that the cabinet front headphone socket's cable is already connected to. To do so you'll need a splitter (3.5 mm male to (2) 3.5 mm females) so you can connect your subwoofer to it as well.
I ran the cable out the bottom of the cabinet through one of the ventilation openings - you'll need to pry up the screen slightly. If you use a Polk PSW 10 just follow the simple instructions that come with it for its various settings.

I just connected the cable to the sub woofer with the headphone plug in at the cabinet front. The sub works, but only the sub. The middle and high speakers in the backbox are out. How can I plug the sub in without losing the backbox speaker?

#9682 4 years ago

I haven't seen 666666 mode yet. Yarrr.

#9683 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I just connected the cable to the sub woofer with the headphone plug in at the cabinet front. The sub works, but only the sub. The middle and high speakers in the backbox are out. How can I plug the sub in without losing the backbox speaker?

There is an aux jack at the back of the cabinet.

#9684 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I used this...

http://www.pinnovators.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=80&osCsid=5lua7fp3urh2mcbvn2flq56995

#9685 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

There is an aux jack at the back of the cabinet.

I do not see any? At the outside back of the backbox/cabinet? Or inside the cabinet? Sorry to bother you.

#9686 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Doesn’t the chest already have interactive lighting? I swear mine flashes red inside when it’s ready for a ball to be locked. I’m assuming this is what your referring to.

I've never seen this happen, maybe I have an LED that's out? Always annoys me that there's no obvious indication that the chest is primed to lock.

#9687 4 years ago

anyone know the box dimensions before taking game out?

#9688 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

anyone know the box dimensions before taking game out?

About 32 inches by 32 inches by 56 inches.

LTG : )

#9689 4 years ago

Great , Thx, Lloyd, now going to see if it will fit in the back of an Expedition

#9691 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I do not see any? At the outside back of the backbox/cabinet? Or inside the cabinet? Sorry to bother you.

POTC doesn't have an aux jack in the back. You're either going to have to use the alligator clip method, or buy something like the pinwoofer kit (highly recommended).

#9692 4 years ago

I did quick disconnects, easy as pie!

#9693 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

POTC doesn't have an aux jack in the back. You're either going to have to use the alligator clip method, or buy something like the pinwoofer kit (highly recommended).

Damnit... getting my JJP games confused. Can't you just use a splitter on the 3.5mm jack from the mobo or split the molex connector at the sound board for the sub?

#9694 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The KIT seems to do nothing else than using alligator clips, only a bit more comfortable. It connects to the speaker cable in the cabinet. So it seems that there is no way to use direct board connection for the sub only?

#9695 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

The KIT seems to do nothing else than using alligator clips, only a bit more comfortable. It connects to the speaker cable in the cabinet. So it seems that there is no way to use direct board connection for the sub only?

There are. The sound board uses a 2 pin molex D connector for each of the speakers (I think that is what it is called, I have a bunch here, I can find the part if you want). You could build a harness (or I guess I could build one for you if needed) to split the output of the sub (or replace it). I think you could also split the 3.5mm out from the motherboard with a widely available splitter if you had a powered amp. Probably a converter from 3.5mm to RCA to go to the sub. Someone correct me if I am wrong here, but based on my testing of crap on the sound board this seems proper. But, soldering on or splicing in to the wiring at the sub seems just as plausible and maybe easier.

#9696 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

The kit (if you specified JJP) should have come with quick disconnects that attach directly to the subwoofer. JJP subwoofer has two extra prongs that make this super easy. If you got the wrong connector, then ask the folks at pinnovators, they will help you out. I did this on mine and works perfect. Plus I bought their mixer and have 4 games all hooked on the same sub and can work all at the same time. Now, in all clarity, a sub on Pirates really doesn't really add that much compared to my other games, in my opinion. But I also own a Hobbit, and adding a sub on that game is a game changer.

#9697 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

There are. The sound board uses a 2 pin molex D connector for each of the speakers (I think that is what it is called, I have a bunch here, I can find the part if you want). You could build a harness (or I guess I could build one for you if needed) to split the output of the sub (or replace it). I think you could also split the 3.5mm out from the motherboard with a widely available splitter if you had a powered amp. Probably a converter from 3.5mm to RCA to go to the sub. Someone correct me if I am wrong here, but based on my testing of crap on the sound board this seems proper. But, soldering on or splicing in to the wiring at the sub seems just as plausible and maybe easier.

Quoted from Crile1:

The kit (if you specified JJP) should have come with quick disconnects that attach directly to the subwoofer. JJP subwoofer has two extra prongs that make this super easy. If you got the wrong connector, then ask the folks at pinnovators, they will help you out. I did this on mine and works perfect. Plus I bought their mixer and have 4 games all hooked on the same sub and can work all at the same time. Now, in all clarity, a sub on Pirates really doesn't really add that much compared to my other games, in my opinion. But I also own a Hobbit, and adding a sub on that game is a game changer.

Thank you for your help, highly appreciated. I was looking for a „clean“ connection, but now used the alligator clip method to my active external sub like on my other pins. Works fine, so no problems. Keep playing.

#9698 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yes, that is what I meant. But my chest is not flashing at all, neither in the pre lock nor in the lock status.

#9699 4 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

You need to plug your sub directly into the headphones socket on the CPU in the backbox (as described in my post) - not the headphones socket on the front of the cabinet. You'll need a splitter to allow the sub to share the CPU's socket along with the cable jack from the headphones socket on the front of the cabinet.

#9700 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I've never seen this happen, maybe I have an LED that's out? Always annoys me that there's no obvious indication that the chest is primed to lock.

Could very well be but I just checked and it definitely flashes red inside the chest almost to the best of the heart when ready to load ball. Once loaded the red flasher goes out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/194 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.