(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 377.
#9601 4 years ago

Did POTC ever come with radcals?

#9602 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I'm in the same boat interested in the standard but wondering is there such difference in gameplay and features worth waiting for a LE to pop up. I read theres no RGB on the playfield or star field.
I really dont care about the star field but does the RGB make a difference? Does RGB playfield mean all those changing colors on the arrow indicators will be just white?

Quoted from Lermods:

I think it does and that a very significant difference. Seeing everything all white would make it much more difficult to figure out what to shoot.

The inserts are still FULL RGB. The only part that is not are the few general illumination lights under the plastics.

#9603 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Did POTC ever come with radcals?

Yes it did as a $400 buyup option.

I bought a set and installed them after the fact. They look amazing!

IMG_0784.jpegIMG_0784.jpegIMG_0785.jpegIMG_0785.jpeg
#9604 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Yes I find it a bit high but I'm also 6'4". Cannot see the top during normal play but if I have a good game going I will cradle and look. Most of the constellations I can reconize without seeing the top.

Wait...whoa....stop....you can ACTUALLY read the star map??? Do tell. I have never seen any recognizable pattern.

#9605 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I'm in the same boat interested in the standard but wondering is there such difference in gameplay and features worth waiting for a LE to pop up. I read theres no RGB on the playfield or star field.
I really dont care about the star field but does the RGB make a difference? Does RGB playfield mean all those changing colors on the arrow indicators will be just white?

I've played the LE but put in way more time on an SE that is out on location and the RGB GI isn't missed in that situation (very good natural lighting).

For home use I think the RGB GI is a much bigger issue.

#9606 4 years ago

zaphX I am liking the radcals, but wondering what the installation is like and what kind of edge you have on the radcals. Could you take a side pic showing the thickness of these? I am guessing they just lay over the decal?

#9607 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

zaphx I am liking the radcals, but wondering what the installation is like and what kind of edge you have on the radcals. Could you take a side pic showing the thickness of these? I am guessing they just lay over the decal?

yes can you share how you did this? I wanted radcals on my woz rr, do they just go right on top of decal?

#9608 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Wait...whoa....stop....you can ACTUALLY read the star map??? Do tell. I have never seen any recognizable pattern.

The star map is mostly just eye candy. When you shoot the star map with no chapters enabled (no skulls), another shot somewhere on the playfield will flash white for a second - that's the shot you need to make to collect the constellation. Once you know the shot, you can kinda see the pattern in the stars. For example, if the "P" lane flashes white, the stars will vaguely draw the letter P.

#9609 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

does the standard have that starry field in the background. ?

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC-Matrix-New.pdf

LTG : )

#9610 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

zaphx I am liking the radcals, but wondering what the installation is like and what kind of edge you have on the radcals. Could you take a side pic showing the thickness of these? I am guessing they just lay over the decal?

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

yes can you share how you did this? I wanted radcals on my woz rr, do they just go right on top of decal?

Radcals have a thick edge, no different than factory radcals on the CE. I applied them over the existing decals. The installation was not for the faint of heart. I would only recommend doing this after the fact if you have damaged art, or you have substantial experience installing art decals.

The complicating factors were:

* Getting the "pins" out of the backbox, which was much more difficult than expected
* Lining up the art along the bottom edge caused the flipper holes to misalign. I was able to widen them with a Dremel and (barely) cover it with the flipper buttons.
* The front piece has two shapes that must be Dremeled out. In doing this, my tool slipped and skittered across Barbossa's belly, scuffing it. (Thankfully very hard to see.)

All this being said I absolutely love the look and I am glad I did it. I just want people to know what they are in for should they choose to do it.

#9611 4 years ago

LE #1018 in the house!

No idea how I'm getting this beast upstairs yet, not sure I'd burden my usual crew with this one. Maybe time to rent a stair climber.
IMG_2221 (resized).jpegIMG_2221 (resized).jpeg

#9612 4 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

LE #1018 in the house!
No idea how I'm getting this beast upstairs yet, not sure I'd burden my usual crew with this one. Maybe time to rent a stair climber.
[quoted image]

Definitely rent the stair climber. I rented a "Power Mate" from Sunbelt Rentals for around $120. Worth every penny.

Bought myself an Escalera so I can do this myself next time.

#9613 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Definitely rent the stair climber. I rented a "Power Mate" from Sunbelt Rentals for around $120. Worth every penny.
Bought myself an Escalera so I can do this myself next time.

Nice!

What did that run you?

I paid a local moving company a few hundred to get AFMr upstairs after the agony of enlisting my friends with Pirates.

NO ONE wanted to go through that again. Though AFMr would have been a little easier given the body and weight.

Hey, best advice for moving a pin to another room? Remove the legs, fold the backbox down?

#9614 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Nice!
What did that run you?
I paid a local moving company a few hundred to get AFMr upstairs after the agony of enlisting my friends with Pirates.
NO ONE wanted to go through that again. Though AFMr would have been a little easier given the body and weight.
Hey, best advice for moving a pin to another room? Remove the legs, fold the backbox down?

Yes, set a big furniture blanket on the floor. Fold the head and secure it with shrink wrap. Remove the rear legs and drop the machine on the blanket and set it upright. Remove the front legs if necessary. Then just pull on the blanket and move your pin to the other room. Then simply reverse the process. ****Don't forget to remove the balls******

#9615 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yes, set a big furniture blanket on the floor. Fold the head and secure it with shrink wrap. Remove the rear legs and drop the machine on the blanket and set it upright. Remove the front legs if necessary. Then just pull on the blanket and move your pin to the other room. Then simply reverse the process. ****Don't forget to remove the balls******

True!

Thanks!

#9616 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Nice!
What did that run you?

Best to call Zach at Flipnoutpinball. He can help you with the stairclimber best in the business!

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/contact-us

#9617 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Best to call Zach at Flipnoutpinball. He can help you with the stairclimber best in the business!
https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/contact-us

Yep Zach sold me mine. A++ would zach again

#9618 4 years ago

Chip-gate scared me off from the final LE on the line, which had my name on it, but then I realized this is very much not a big deal and can be avoided. So I looked at the Standard and to my surprise, it really isn't that different. Same game with less bling, and $1300 less (no discounts on the final LEs). Automated still has around 5 Standards left, and I know a few of the other vendors have one or two. So if you want one, now is the time.

#9619 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Chip-gate scared me off from the final LE on the line, which had my name on it, but then I realized this is very much not a big deal and can be avoided. So I looked at the Standard and to my surprise, it really isn't that different. Same game with less bling, and $1300 less (no discounts on the final LEs). Automated still has around 5 Standards left, and I know a few of the other vendors have one or two. So if you want one, now is the time.

Get that LE, just sayin... I'll even give you the .12 cents for washers to make that go away. Plus, the playfields Are the same in both models.

#9620 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Get that LE, just sayin... I'll even give you the .12 cents for washers to make that go away. Plus, the playfields Are the same in both models.

Sadly, that ship sailed...I cancelled a week ago Monday, called back Tuesday to say never mind, and it had already sold! I'll follow your example and figure out some cool mods! I'm thinking fiber optic starfield mod, since they are difficult to read anyhow, maybe a cool custom topper...some Mod Couple mods...and I'll be happy. The CE I played at TPF in 2018 is a work of art, might be an upgrade down the line... I'm actually really happy to be getting POTC for less than a Stern LE. Oh, and I forgot-the Standard is less common than the LE, so you guys may be downgrading soon, more to mod!

#9621 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Sadly, that ship sailed...I cancelled a week ago Monday, called back Tuesday to say never mind, and it had already sold! I'll follow your example and figure out some cool mods! I'm thinking fiber optic starfield mod, since they are difficult to read anyhow, maybe a cool custom topper...some Mod Couple mods...and I'll be happy. The CE I played at TPF in 2018 is a work of art, might be an upgrade down the line... I'm actually really happy to be getting POTC for less than a Stern LE. Oh, and I forgot-the Standard is less common than the LE, so you guys will all be downgrading soon!

That chipgate thread is bordering on hysteria. I'm sorry it kept you from scoring an LE.

#9622 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That chipgate thread is bordering on hysteria. I'm sorry it kept you from scoring an LE.

I agree, it seems overblown. I'm actually really happy with the Standard, as I love to do mods. Your input has been really helpful, shoulda stayed the course, but I'm very happy with this result.

Addendum: should clarify that the chipping issues are very concerning and I hope the owners get a response from JJP such as replacement playfields. Appreciate the potential preventative measures and will implement them.

#9623 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Sadly, that ship sailed...I cancelled a week ago Monday, called back Tuesday to say never mind, and it had already sold! I'll follow your example and figure out some cool mods! I'm thinking fiber optic starfield mod, since they are difficult to read anyhow, maybe a cool custom topper...some Mod Couple mods...and I'll be happy. The CE I played at TPF in 2018 is a work of art, might be an upgrade down the line... I'm actually really happy to be getting POTC for less than a Stern LE. Oh, and I forgot-the Standard is less common than the LE, so you guys may be downgrading soon, more to mod!

Last I seen posted a month ago HarryHoudini was going to release a starfield movie theater for sale though I have not seen it go any further as he is working on postgate. lol He may still be working on it sounding like he was ready for release though might want to check with him.

#9624 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Last I seen posted a month ago HarryHoudini was going to release a starfield movie theater for sale though I have not seen it go any further as he is working on postgate. lol He may still be working on it sounding like he was ready for release though might want to check with him.

Thanks! I think I'll try to make one myself first though. Ceiling fiber optics are all of $60 for 200 fibers, which you can adjust to flicker, fade, etc, and you can mount them in a medium behind the plastic. Tons of cool model ships out there as well, not sure how to fake a CE topper yet...

#9625 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Thanks! I think I'll try to make one myself first though. Ceiling fiber optics are all of $60 for 200 fibers, which you can adjust to flicker, fade, etc, and you can mount them in a medium behind the plastic. Tons of cool model ships out there as well, not sure how to fake a CE topper yet...

The CE topper is Actually rather simple. Won't lie, I considered knocking it off and pumping out exact copies but I just can't steal Erics creation. No fun for me copying other peoples work. Profitable yes but not much of a challenge. Many have found great Black Pearl models online and added some lighting which is a nice tribute and low cost. Many online to choose from. Good luck and enjoy your awesome new game!!!

#9626 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The CE topper is Actually rather simple. Won't lie, I considered knocking it off and pumping out exact copies but I just can't steal Erics creation. No fun for me copying other peoples work. Profitable yes but not much of a challenge. Many have found great Black Pearl models online and added some lighting which is a nice tribute and low cost. Many online to choose from. Good luck and enjoy your awesome new game!!!

Well, if you steal Eric's creation, that would save me a lot of time, and I bet the LE owners would upgrade as well. Can you get his permission? I recall seeing the mech and it does look pretty simple.

#9627 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Put me down for one if you decide to make them..

#9628 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yep Zach sold me mine. A++ would zach again

Got mine from Zach as well. Highly recommend.

#9629 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Got mine from Zach as well. Highly recommend.

Does he offer multiple models or which model did you get?

#9630 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

He sells the Only model. The Escalara. And every accessory and configuration you need to your liking. Best to call for answers.

#9631 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I agree, it is overblown. I'm actually really happy with the Standard, as I love to do mods. Your input has been really helpful, shoulda stayed the course, but I'm very happy with this result.

Stay the coarse and enjoy your game. Level, wax, play and Don't read to many forum pages or you will be infected with adjustment fever! lol Won't give his name but I was contacted for mods by someone that claimed to buy the Last LE off the line (maybe yours) and it was number #0001. SO hope thats wasn't the one you passed on.

BlackSpot (resized).jpgBlackSpot (resized).jpg
#9632 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

RLA-HC 66” with big wheel attachment and pinball lift plate. Call Zach to discuss though. In case you hadn’t seen it here is a video I made using it to set up a pin completely solo.

#9633 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Stay the coarse and enjoy your game. Level, wax, play and Don't read to many forum pages or you will be infected with adjustment fever! lol Won't give his name but I was contacted for mods by someone that claimed to buy the Last LE off the line (maybe yours) and it was number #0001. SO hope thats wasn't the one you passed on.[quoted image]

Thanks! Sounds like he got mine, if it was truly the last one, but that is fine by me. It's all good. I get upgrading to the CE, but to me the stainless is nicer to touch, the shaker is easy to add, invisiglass no big deal, and more custom mods to have fun with.

#9634 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Eh, everyone has to make their own decisions. No anxiety inducing shit needs to shift a person one way or another. Like I mentioned last week, as I was making up my mind on this game months back, I read the thread and the constant issues being posted daily by many people. I still went with it.

The extra cash saved can be used towards the next pin! No loss there. As much as people get on the anti-neurosis threads, people also estimate the value of the standard far too little. To me, the major one not to buy, would have been the CE. Too much extra cash, for so little gain. Not that it isn't nifty, but not 3K nifty.

Quoted from dts:

I agree, it is overblown. I'm actually really happy with the Standard, as I love to do mods. Your input has been really helpful, shoulda stayed the course, but I'm very happy with this result.

#9635 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

RLA-HC 66” with big wheel attachment and pinball lift plate. Call Zach to discuss though. In case you hadn’t seen it here is a video I made using it to set up a pin completely solo.

That's AMAZING!

Thanks for sharing... I could also use this to move pins to a new room or anywhere really...

#9636 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Eh, everyone has to make their own decisions. No anxiety inducing shit needs to shift a person one way or another. Like I mentioned last week, as I was making up my mind on this game months back, I read the thread and the constant issues being posted daily by many people. I still went with it.
The extra cash saved can be used towards the next pin! No loss there. As much as people get on the anti-neurosis threads, people also estimate the value of the standard far too little. To me, the major one not to buy, would have been the CE. Too much extra cash, for so little gain. Not that it isn't nifty, but not 3K nifty.

I agree with you on this, having played the CE and LE. If you are a huge fan of this game, I think the CE is clearly a standout. Good news is they are all great!

#9637 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I agree with you on this, having played the CE and LE. If you are a huge fan of this game, I think the CE is clearly a standout. Good news is they are all great!

The CE is mostly bling for the added cost of a diamond ring.

#9638 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

HA! If I know what you're referring to, all I wanted to do was make a piece of printed plastic like the rectangular star map plastic that is there but one that spans the entire length of the backbox. The starmap LEDs (assuming this is possible, I haven't pulled it apart) would stay as they are. Of course, if someone wanted to fiber optic (or LED) that piece of plastic it should work out pretty easily. I'm definitely going to investigate it if no one else does. I just have some games in pieces and haven't even installed my rubber washers yet (blasphemy, yes)!

But... I fixed all my WOZ problems on my SE and shopped the entire upper playfield on my RR so the SE is ready for sale. Now I just have to put my JP back together and do all the mods/fixes on my POTC. Fun!

#9639 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Thanks! Sounds like he got mine, if it was truly the last one, but that is fine by me. It's all good. I get upgrading to the CE, but to me the stainless is nicer to touch, the shaker is easy to add, invisiglass no big deal, and more custom mods to have fun with.</

I think Plato or Jagger once said, “ You can’t always get what you want but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need”

#9640 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I think Plato or Jagger once said, ” You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.”

#9641 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I think Plato or Jagger once said, ” You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.”

Yes, and the lower the expectations, the more satisfied. There's gonna be a run on these Standards..

#9642 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

HA! If I know what you're referring to, all I wanted to do was make a piece of printed plastic like the rectangular star map plastic that is there but one that spans the entire length of the backbox. The starmap LEDs (assuming this is possible, I haven't pulled it apart) would stay as they are. Of course, if someone wanted to fiber optic (or LED) that piece of plastic it should work out pretty easily. I'm definitely going to investigate it if no one else does. I just have some games in pieces and haven't even installed my rubber washers yet (blasphemy, yes)!
But... I fixed all my WOZ problems on my SE and shopped the entire upper playfield on my RR so the SE is ready for sale. Now I just have to put my JP back together and do all the mods/fixes on my POTC. Fun!

My apologies I thought it was you working on this cinema upgrade it was actually Drfrightener in post 7375. Seems he lost interest or steam on this video screen not sure. Seemed like he was going that direction?

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 6.07.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-05-28 at 6.07.15 PM (resized).png
#9643 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh, I scanned your note too fast. You were saying that the CE is the one not to buy for cost reasons... Perhaps, but they are the most beautiful in person, imo, so if you have extra money, I see the appeal.

#9644 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Oh, I scanned your note too fast. You were saying that the CE is the one not to buy for cost reasons... Perhaps, but they are the most beautiful in person, imo, so if you have extra money, I see the appeal.

Haha, yes that's what I meant! I'd like one if I had the extra extra cash. Affording this is a bit of a lifestyle shift. But then I'd also like another bit of cash towards a future game.

Thing is, the standard will be more limited than the "limited" anyway. You picked best.

#9645 4 years ago

I have my SE paid for, just need to find time to pick it up....Next week. CE Looks awesome and too bad all the playfields didn't look like that.

I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the SE, even though I wish I had the Spinning Bumpers, the rest I don't really care about.

A NIB LE just sold for around $11k, so I imagine these SE's will soon all be gone as that's the only option now and SE owners like the game from what I read as they don't feel they're missing a ton of stuff you can't live with.

#9646 4 years ago

Well.....

This is a first...LOL

DSC_4348 (resized).JPGDSC_4348 (resized).JPG
#9647 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I have my SE paid for, just need to find time to pick it up....Next week. CE Looks awesome and too bad all the playfields didn't look like that.
I'm glad I pulled the trigger on the SE, even though I wish I had the Spinning Bumpers, the rest I don't really care about.
A NIB LE just sold for around $11k, so I imagine these SE's will soon all be gone as that's the only option now and SE owners like the game from what I read as they don't feel they're missing a ton of stuff you can't live with.

Anyone with Any model Pirates should be happy. They 100% play the same and there is nothing to justify or doubt. An Absolutely brilliant game at all accessory levels. Rarely does a game fit that criteria but this one does. If you enjoy the game you made the right decision and future value is a mute point as we are not trading futures here. Dam I love this game warts and all Still simply the best and proud to own one. (Or two..). Arghhhh

#9648 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Well.....
This is a first...LOL[quoted image]

Ok sorry but that’s just funny. Put that in the “bet you can’t do that again” file! Pinball can be unpredictable and I feel that’s what makes it so much fun.

#9649 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

This is a first...LOL

If it does it again, you need a tighter rubber ring.

LTG : )

#9650 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That hand truck looks 8ft tall! Lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/193 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.