(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 377.
#9551 4 years ago

Love your idea Harry - might have to cut or route out the backboard to have the starmap lights sit flush and then one sheet covers the entire back - there’s gotta be a way!

Here’s my pirates swill PSW

BA4B3BFC-8E26-4AA5-9BED-0931D4EA5116 (resized).jpegBA4B3BFC-8E26-4AA5-9BED-0931D4EA5116 (resized).jpeg
#9552 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Since we are kicking summer off let’s discuss pirate drinks.
Only one drink other than straight rum neat should be had while playing this fine game and that is a Dark N’ Stormy!
What’s all your go to Pirate beverages, arghhhh!

What is a Dark and Stormy? Dark rum and....?

#9553 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

What is a Dark and Stormy? Dark rum and....?

Ginger beer (and a lime wedge).

#9554 4 years ago

My go to drink...Long Islands

(at least it has the word island in it)

#9555 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My go to drink...Long Islands
(at least it has the word island in it)

A dangerous drink. I got SUPER WASTED on them in Las Vegas once. Just once.

#9556 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ginger beer (and a lime wedge).

Ah....close but no.

2 parts goslings black seal Bermuda rum
4 parts Barrett’s ginger beer or goslings ginger beer
On the rocks
Wedge of lime

Yes the brand of ginger beer makes a difference and so does the rum. some ginger beeris more for vodkas(Moscow mule). Other dark rums don’t taste the same.

Goslings rum is like motor oil but good.

I’ve introduced many to this drink and they are hooked. Smooth but dangerous and when mixed properly is like a dark n stormy night on the seas visually.

It’s also happens to be the national drink of Bermuda.

#9557 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Only one drink other than straight rum neat should be had while playing this fine game and that is a Dark N’ Stormy!

I prefer beer, bourbon, or both when I play pinball.

Just like the real pirates drank.

#9558 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I prefer beer, bourbon, or both when I play pinball.
Just like the real pirates drank.

Pirates drank rum, used rum for wounds and many other things.

Rum and more rum please!

#9559 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

So don’t ask about other games in an owner’s thread to see if others have similar interests...
Noted.
Thanks guys!

Club threads are dedicated to just that machine. Just an FYI. They also more heavily moderate them for anti-machine trolls, off topic, etc.

Now pirate related drinks. Those are super on topic. Can’t go wrong with any kind of rum.

But... why is the rum gone?

#9560 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Club threads are dedicated to just that machine. Just an FYI. They also more heavily moderate them for anti-machine trolls, off topic, etc.
Now pirate related drinks. Those are super on topic. Can’t go wrong with any kind of rum.
But... why is the rum gone?

Not sure...but just brought back a very nice bottle from the Cayman’s, seven fathoms rum and it is aged at 42 feet beneath the sea hence the seven fathoms. All about the motion of the ocean in the barrel! Lol

Good sipper, smooth and no burn!

Happy summer fellow pirates!

#9561 4 years ago

ALMOST got my FIRST million!!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Edit: Everyone seems to do well with this character and I'm guessing this is part of the reason why:
"Awarded 1 free Skull Value Hold at end of ball."

I honestly don't know fully what that means, but when I looked up pretty much my skull value on every movie was in the 3,000 range which completely blew me away!

#9562 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Speak for yourselves!!!

Different down here.....

3zwzjw9198421 (resized).png3zwzjw9198421 (resized).png
#9563 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Speak for yourselves!!!
Different down here.....[quoted image]

Lol..didn’t think about that!

#9564 4 years ago

Yes, this is on my WOZ... but I am doing it to my POTC as well. Already wear spots on the siderails. I had to buy like 5000x more than I needed so if anyone wants a strip I'll mail it to you. It's sort of like a suede felt, very thin and very soft.

0526191800 (resized).jpg0526191800 (resized).jpg
#9565 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yes, this is on my WOZ... but I am doing it to my POTC as well. Already wear spots on the siderails. I had to buy like 5000x more than I needed so if anyone wants a strip I'll mail it to you. It's sort of like a suede felt, very thin and very soft.[quoted image]

I think nib owners got two tiny mylar patches for this. I'd imagine your solution might work better though!

#9566 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think nib owners got two tiny mylar patches for this. I'd imagine your solution might work better though!

I put on some mylar and I don't think it does much, so going this route.

#9567 4 years ago

Just got my machine! Given you guys have been at this for a bit is there a top 5 adjustments or fixes to consider in this game? All is great so far. Only one chapter leaf switch needed adjusting. Thanks in advance!!

23C46884-FAE7-42E9-979F-E7399C995AE5 (resized).jpeg23C46884-FAE7-42E9-979F-E7399C995AE5 (resized).jpeg
#9568 4 years ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

Just got my machine! Given you guys have been at this for a bit is there a top 5 adjustments or fixes to consider in this game? All is great so far. Only one chapter leaf switch needed adjusting. Thanks in advance!![quoted image]

If it’s working good do yourself a favor and Run away from this thread or they will have you rebuilding the entire game top to bottom! Lol. Congrats on a great game looks like the kids are enjoying it which is all that matters! Wax, update code, Enjoy!

#9569 4 years ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

Just got my machine! Given you guys have been at this for a bit is there a top 5 adjustments or fixes to consider in this game? All is great so far. Only one chapter leaf switch needed adjusting. Thanks in advance!![quoted image]

Turn down the coils for the slings (16) and Black pearl VUK (20). Check whether a full launch drains SDTM - if it does adjust the top flipper so that it directs the ball to the right lower flipper. Check whether Tortuga hole kicks out SDTM, if it does there are instructions in the troubleshooting thread to adjust deflector. You may have to put star posts under your slings. And make sure its levelled!

That's it from me!

#9570 4 years ago

Any playfield concerns with ball falling off side of Black Pearl or during launch? Eg- Mylar needed?

#9571 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If it’s working good do yourself a favor and Run away from this thread or they will have you rebuilding the entire game top to bottom! Lol. Congrats on a great game looks like the kids are enjoying it which is all that matters! Wax, update code, Enjoy!

THis is the best advice! Don’t go looking for problems. If you DO have a problem, check the index and see if it’s on there. If not, post about it and the community will help!

#9572 4 years ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

Ignorance.....is BLISS!

But conversely.......... .. .

tenor (4) (resized).pngtenor (4) (resized).png
#9573 4 years ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

Any playfield concerns with ball falling off side of Black Pearl or during launch? Eg- Mylar needed?

There is mylar there and when I last looked (on a well used game) there didn't seem to be much wear. I am considering adding a second layer (some have done this) but it is not an immediate concern.

#9574 4 years ago

You guys notice that based on the character you select, the game tries to intelligently select the default P-I-R-A-T-E award that would be most beneficial?

#9575 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A dangerous drink. I got SUPER WASTED on them in Las Vegas once. Just once.

It's nickname is 'Wife Beater' but dangerous compared to what really lol, Miller Light .

Quoted from Psw757:

Ah....close but no.
2 parts goslings black seal Bermuda rum
4 parts Barrett’s ginger beer or goslings ginger beer
On the rocks
Wedge of lime
Yes the brand of ginger beer makes a difference and so does the rum. some ginger beeris more for vodkas(Moscow mule). Other dark rums don’t taste the same.
Goslings rum is like motor oil but good.
I’ve introduced many to this drink and they are hooked. Smooth but dangerous and when mixed properly is like a dark n stormy night on the seas visually.
It’s also happens to be the national drink of Bermuda.

Dark 'n' Stormy's, now there's a drink I can enjoy. You're right, having had a long association with Bermy (Bermuda), I definitely dig that version. Mind you down here in Oz we'd argue Bundaberg Gingerbeer will play Barrett's Gingerbeer on a break. Bundaberg's rum on the other hand I wouldn't make anyone drink by comparison to Gosling's, which ironically is becoming quite easy to find locally believe it or not.

#9576 4 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

It's nickname is 'Wife Beater' but dangerous compared to what really lol, Miller Light .

Dangerous because it doesn't taste like alcohol and you can drink one after another after another after after another until you try to stand up to go to the bathroom and can barely walk. My wife fills in bits of that night because I don't remember it after a certain point. It started at a Harry Blackstone Jr private magic performance...

#9577 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dangerous because it doesn't taste like alcohol and you can drink one after another after another after after another until you try to stand up to go to the bathroom and can barely walk. My wife fills in bits of that night because I don't remember it after a certain point. It started at a Harry Blackstone Jr private magic performance...

I have a picture with him somewhere.

#9578 4 years ago

Still trying to understand these skulls ...

So it looks like a skull can appear in any movie and take up any chapter slot. Can you have more than one skull per movie? Also, since the skull takes the place of one of the chapters does that just mean one less chapter to qualify for that movie?

Oh .. and trying to figure out the Constellations is a game within a game .. haha .. I still virtually have NO clue what's going on there...but I am paying attention to it more so that's something I guess.

This game is RIDICULOUS!!

#9579 4 years ago

Asked this before, do people find the constellation map a bit high, like you have to duck down to look at it? It looks like it could be shifted a bit down and to the right?

#9580 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I have a picture with him somewhere.

He was definitely on the downward slope of his career at that point, but was still very entertaining.

#9581 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Still trying to understand these skulls ...
So it looks like a skull can appear in any movie and take up any chapter slot. Can you have more than one skull per movie? Also, since the skull takes the place of one of the chapters does that just mean one less chapter to qualify for that movie?

Oh .. and trying to figure out the Constellations is a game within a game .. haha .. I still virtually have NO clue what's going on there...but I am paying attention to it more so that's something I guess.
This game is RIDICULOUS!!

The skull that is color of chapter means you are qualified for that movie and if you hit chapter select that is one of the possibilities you will get. If you hit a ball into the depths you will get a skull hold. A skull hold is slightly different as it is just holding the point score for you if you drain. A skull hold looks like a silver border around where you get the check marks x and skulls with a silver skull. You can have more than 1 skull hold going just like you can have multiple chapter qualified. Game seems to hold your highest point chapter but not sure.

#9582 4 years ago

Here’s today’s project - first mod of many - I got a nice show discount on the flipper caps and these things are thick! Regarding the sling Mylar - I don’t think you get the downward force from slings like you do with the pops, but the ball can strike and change direction from the slings so why not.

AFB5E57E-7C57-4684-B0C8-CDE5C37F97B8 (resized).jpegAFB5E57E-7C57-4684-B0C8-CDE5C37F97B8 (resized).jpeg
#9583 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

The skull that is color of chapter means you are qualified for that movie and if you hit chapter select that is one of the possibilities you will get. If you hit a ball into the depths you will get a skull hold. A skull hold is slightly different as it is just holding the point score for you if you drain. A skull hold looks like a silver border around where you get the check marks x and skulls with a silver skull. You can have more than 1 skull hold going just like you can have multiple chapter qualified. Game seems to hold your highest point chapter but not sure.

I think I’m even more confused, but I appreciate the explanation.

#9584 4 years ago

Ok lets try again then.. You have the 5 cannon doors at the top of your screen ....when they open you have that specific chapter qualified. The skull that is below the cannon is also showing you you have that chapter qualified. X's and check marks in that same area signify chapters that you have already played checks for completed the chapter x's for uncompleted chapters. Im assuming you know about thed 5 main shots to qualify chapters. Like inner loop is stranger tides. the more you hit the loop the more points will show up under the stranger tides cannon door. Sometimes you will hit tortuga and get add ???? to blue skull. This is just making it so if you play the chapter you get more points for each correct shot hit. If you hit the far left shot (the depths) you will get a skull hold. This holds one of your chapter point values if you drain. Lets say you hit the inner loop 100 times and you get your OST shots up to 50k (prolly not realistic) if you play the chapter or drain your ball the value will reset to something like 1k. If you get a skull hold on it before that happens the value carries over. To see if you have a skull hold on a chapter there will be a silver border around the point value on screen with a little silver skull. hope that makes a bit more sense. Might also help ya if you pop the glass of for a game and just do a little test game. Manually trigger one of the chapters a few times and watch your point value go up. then drop a ball in the depths and watch the skull hold come up and drain/play chapter see what happens.

#9585 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Ok lets try again then.. You have the 5 cannon doors at the top of your screen ....when they open you have that specific chapter qualified. The skull that is below the cannon is also showing you you have that chapter qualified. X's and check marks in that same area signify chapters that you have already played checks for completed the chapter x's for uncompleted chapters. Im assuming you know about thed 5 main shots to qualify chapters. Like inner loop is stranger tides. the more you hit the loop the more points will show up under the stranger tides cannon door. Sometimes you will hit tortuga and get add ???? to blue skull. This is just making it so if you play the chapter you get more points for each correct shot hit. If you hit the far left shot (the depths) you will get a skull hold. This holds one of your chapter point values if you drain. Lets say you hit the inner loop 100 times and you get your OST shots up to 50k (prolly not realistic) if you play the chapter or drain your ball the value will reset to something like 1k. If you get a skull hold on it before that happens the value carries over. To see if you have a skull hold on a chapter there will be a silver border around the point value on screen with a little silver skull. hope that makes a bit more sense. Might also help ya if you pop the glass of for a game and just do a little test game. Manually trigger one of the chapters a few times and watch your point value go up. then drop a ball in the depths and watch the skull hold come up and drain/play chapter see what happens.

That's pretty cool. I always assumed that the value under each movie/chapter was always "held" and could only increase and not decrease. It definitely makes more sense. It's confusing that the colored skull icon can show up under any particular chapter slot and I'm not sure if that's just random or has any additional significance at all. I assume it doesn't.

I think this helps make Angelica really good...
"Awarded 1 free Skull Value Hold at end of ball."

Thanks for the explanation!

Now if I could just figure out those constellations .. haha

#9586 4 years ago

Finally got around to swapping Captain Jack in for no-eyed Tom...

Sparrow in the Barrel (resized).pngSparrow in the Barrel (resized).png
#9587 4 years ago

Yep the colored skull is really only showing you which of the 5 chapters for the movie is qualified. So hitting the chest shot will get you a green skull and qualify that movie to start a chapter. That green skull is the chapter you would start. Maelstrom gets you red skull. Inner loop blue skull. Left loop yellow and Devil’s Triangle purple.

#9588 4 years ago

Hi all, sorry if it's been discussed.

I put POTC in a tournament on the weekend. We encountered a problem where if in multiball and more than one ball enters the subway (by any entrance), the game would not kick one ball out until the rest had drained. This gave an unfair advantage playing multiball with 1 ball for as long as you wanted (until it was pointed out by your opponents, and you deliberately had to drain from multiball). We tested with the glass off, and multiple balls in the sub would always kick out if in single ball play. Sporadically when in multiball, the "stuck ball" behaviour would be repeated and 1 ball left in the scoop eject. No switch errors occurred.

Anyone else having this?

#9589 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

I put POTC in a tournament on the weekend. We encountered a problem where if in multiball and more than one ball enters the subway (by any entrance), the game would not kick one ball out until the rest had drained. This gave an unfair advantage playing multiball with 1 ball for as long as you wanted (until it was pointed out by your opponents, and you deliberately had to drain from multiball). We tested with the glass off, and multiple balls in the sub would always kick out if in single ball play. Sporadically when in multiball, the "stuck ball" behaviour would be repeated and 1 ball left in the scoop eject. No switch errors occurred.
Anyone else having this?

Got the subway fix post installed? Search the thread for “ace hardware”

#9590 4 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Anyone else having this?

It's covered in the tech thread (index on post 1 of that thread), here's a direct link:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/3#post-4941279

#9591 4 years ago

Great stuff thanks for that - I'll get onto it tonight!

#9592 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Asked this before, do people find the constellation map a bit high, like you have to duck down to look at it? It looks like it could be shifted a bit down and to the right?

Bump

#9593 4 years ago

Yes I find it a bit high but I'm also 6'4". Cannot see the top during normal play but if I have a good game going I will cradle and look. Most of the constellations I can reconize without seeing the top.

#9594 4 years ago

What do you call the first picture? A good start. The second, a grand champion score. Biggest points were hit with all multiballs, tortuga multiball and arrgh frenzy all stacked. No wizard modes. 2 extra balls plus special. Yes, she's a pirate...
IMG_20190528_050640 (resized).jpgIMG_20190528_050640 (resized).jpgIMG_20190528_052642 (resized).jpgIMG_20190528_052642 (resized).jpg

#9595 4 years ago

Hey guys I’m interested in a potc , does the standard have that starry field in the background. ?

#9596 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I’m interested in a potc , does the standard have that starry field in the background. ?

No. Feel free to check out the JJP comparison chart found posted here Many times.

#9597 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I'm in the same boat interested in the standard but wondering is there such difference in gameplay and features worth waiting for a LE to pop up. I read theres no RGB on the playfield or star field.
I really dont care about the star field but does the RGB make a difference? Does RGB playfield mean all those changing colors on the arrow indicators will be just white?

#9598 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I'm in the same boat interested in the standard but wondering is there such difference in gameplay and features worth waiting for a LE to pop up. I read theres no RGB on the playfield or star field.
I really dont care about the star field but does the RGB make a difference? Does RGB playfield mean all those changing colors on the arrow indicators will be just white?

yeah Im just going to wait until something pops up. I learned my lesson that a desired pin always shows up in the listing at some point, always.

#9599 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

I think it does and that a very significant difference. Seeing everything all white would make it much more difficult to figure out what to shoot.

#9600 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think it does and that a very significant difference. Seeing everything all white would make it much more difficult to figure out what to shoot.

That plus the argh frenzy light show is not to be missed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/192 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.