(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 378.
#9501 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The patch is great, but the hat needs some work. It ends up looking like a black lump more akin to a beret.

A284110D-195E-4F62-A279-0D0A186338E9 (resized).jpegA284110D-195E-4F62-A279-0D0A186338E9 (resized).jpeg
#9502 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Can you share a picture of the protector before and after installing and share your thoughts about playing on it? I assume that it is the new .5mm protector from PP but let me know if it is another brand.
Questions:
Will you raise the disc slightly to accommodate for the protector? Do you have cliffies already installed? (This will sit on top of those so I am curious about playability).
I really want to install one on my new GBLE playfield but not sure about cliffies and the scoleri drop target holes if the overlay floats a little.

Sure, I can take photos.

I have to test, how does the disc work with the PF protector without adjusting it first.

I have ordered cliffies and should get them next week (I found a shop that had them in stock) - my plan is to put in both the cliffies and the PF protector.

#9503 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Sure, I can take photos.
I have to test, how does the disc work with the PF protector first.
I have ordered cliffies and should get them next week (I found a shop that had them in stock) - my plan is to put in both the cliffies and the PF protector.

Link to buy the cliffies?

#9504 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Link to buy the cliffies?

Sorry, I checked and they are not available anymore at thepinwitch.com

#9505 4 years ago

I have to say, this dauntless mod by Mezel mods really looks great once installed!

7A46D669-9160-4DA4-BAD6-8CC922B2BB2C (resized).jpeg7A46D669-9160-4DA4-BAD6-8CC922B2BB2C (resized).jpeg
#9506 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I have to say, this dauntless mod by Mezel mods really looks great once installed![quoted image]

Wow...hadn’t seen that one before. Thanks for posting.

#9507 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I have to say, this dauntless mod by Mezel mods really looks great once installed![quoted image]

I have the railing from modcouple and liked it enough originally, but yea... that's pretty detailed. Too bad the finish/color doesn't match the "post" on the front of the ship.

#9508 4 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I wasn't sure about it eather.but I got it and its nicely made looks great . And turns out to be a must have, like so many of there mod's.

Quoted from indypinhead:

I bought almost all of the mods that the mod couple sell for this title. Out of all of them, I like the Kraken the best.

Quoted from harryhoudini:

I love it. Obviously for things which add nothing to gameplay it's hard to justify, but the piece is quality and looks stock.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably the best single jjPotC mod since it looks completely factory - like it should have been there from the start.

Thanks Fellas - no time to reply earlier but appreciate the feedback. Ordering now

#9509 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Thanks Fellas - no time to reply earlier but appreciate the feedback. Ordering now

Yelobird ... some quotes for your site

#9510 4 years ago

Got the Kraken and pirate cannon in the cart.... I been thinking I could find a cheap cannon online and make one myself but for $28 it’s a no brainer. Now I’m looking at the disc silencer - yea or nea?

#9511 4 years ago

Got the Kraken and pirate cannon in the cart.... I been thinking I could find a cheap cannon online and make one myself but for $28 it’s a no brainer. Now I’m looking at the disc silencer - yea or nea?

Yes.

#9512 4 years ago

Is Depp out as Captain Jack Sparrow? I wonder how that would play license-wise if JJP decides to make more POTCs?

#9513 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Is Depp out as Captain Jack Sparrow? I wonder how that would play license-wise if JJP decides to make more POTCs?

As they only licensed the Disney movie rights not the actor rights my guess is it will not effect anything.

#9514 4 years ago

So, do I understand correctly that JJP will not make anymore LE’s?

#9515 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

So, do I understand correctly that JJP will not make anymore LE’s?

What I heard at TPF seems to differ from what others heard. I heard Jack say they have the license for 3 years and never say never. Did not hear a flat denial of more nor did I hear a guaranteed run of more.

I think we all hope they do another run on the small line once Wonka is on the main one. The game deserves it.

#9516 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Cutler Beckett's advantage is that he makes grabbing gold easier, but you ONLY get 1/2 the gold's value.

Just to be clear here, the point penalty is in end of ball bonus, not in gold counting toward Tortuga. The amount of gold towards Tortuga is the same as everyone else.

Also opportunity cost of gold collection points which can be not insignificant after awhile (especially with Marty).

#9517 4 years ago

Looking into getting the disk silencer (among other things) myself. Does this kit silence the disk for good or do you still have some lingering noise? This, to me, might be the most important upgrade of all

#9518 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Looking into getting the disk silencer (among other things) myself. Does this kit silence the disk for good or do you still have some lingering noise? This, to me, might be the most important upgrade of all

It’s to the point that I don’t realize if it is spinning or not from the noise that drowns everything else out. Just a part of the game sounds now. Would never say completely quite as it is still a motor. But no longer sounds out of place.

#9519 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Just to be clear here, the point penalty is in end of ball bonus, not in gold counting toward Tortuga. The amount of gold towards Tortuga is the same as everyone else.
Also opportunity cost of gold collection points which can be not insignificant after awhile (especially with Marty).

Are we likely to get goatees and/or drawn-on moustaches for the wanted posters in addition to the hats and eye patches?

#9520 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As they only licensed the Disney movie rights not the actor rights my guess is it will not effect anything.

Every actor had to sign off on the artwork so I’m thinking there are some rights for them?

Quoted from zaphX:

What I heard at TPF seems to differ from what others heard. I heard Jack say they have the license for 3 years and never say never. Did not hear a flat denial of more nor did I hear a guaranteed run of more.
I think we all hope they do another run on the small line once Wonka is on the main one. The game deserves it.

You are correct he said those things. But along with them he also said they have no plans at this time to make any more.

#9521 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Every actor had to sign off on the artwork so I’m thinking there are some rights for them?

I believe the thing is Disney didn't own The audio and video rights of each actor. Which is different from pictures or images.

LTG : )

#9522 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe the thing is Disney didn't own The audio and video rights of each actor. Which is different from pictures or images.
LTG : )

In the SDTM video at the JJP factory, deep dive of POTC, JJP said they had to send the artwork to Disney to approve as well as every actor who was drawn to also individually approve. So like every actor had to approve of their face on the playfield.

#9523 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You are correct he said those things. But along with them he also said they have no plans at this time to make any more.

Well, I'm glad to have mine. It's going nowhere for any price.

#9524 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

In the SDTM video at the JJP factory, deep dive of POTC, JJP said they had to send the artwork to Disney to approve as well as every actor who was drawn to also individually approve. So like every actor had to approve of their face on the playfield.

Found it.

47-48 minutes in Eric mentions how every actor had to sign off. It’s a cool video.

#9525 4 years ago

Got my LE back up running 100% after having an opto on the subway die. Contacted my distributor, Abel Electronics, part order was submitted to JJP that day and received within a week! Great customer service by Abel Electronics and JJP

#9526 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Got my LE back up running 100% after having an opto on the subway die. Contacted my distributor, Abel Electronics, part order was submitted to JJP that day and received within a week! Great customer service by Abel Electronics and JJP

Abel Electronics (and JJP) have both been good to me as well.

Out of curiosity, how did you know the subway opto died? Did it throw any errors, or did you diagnose via behavior?

#9527 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Abel Electronics (and JJP) have both been good to me as well.
Out of curiosity, how did you know the subway opto died? Did it throw any errors, or did you diagnose via behavior?

It was the opto closest to The Depths eject underneath the playfield. During gameplay anytime the ball went into The Depths scoop or to it from the map hole the game couldn't find the ball and would only eject it after a ball search. Also noticed that when I would close the coin door that The Depths coil would fire maybe 5-7 times. Went into switch test and noticed the opto was dead after it didn't respond to a test I did with putting a piece of paper in front of the opto.

It looks like optos in Pirates are on their own mini wire harness that plug into a board mounted underneath the playfield. Fix is to just swap a new opto harness in. Had to cut a couple zip ties, remove bad opto with cable, feed the new one in, and zip tie back up.

c6f06f0cbfdd096f7f582411532fb7b9b1b68d3c (resized).jpgc6f06f0cbfdd096f7f582411532fb7b9b1b68d3c (resized).jpg

#9528 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Mine should be in any day now too. Unfortunately, I was shopping mods online after having a couple of beers, sooooo about $500 later.....

#9529 4 years ago

I have the railing from modcouple and liked it enough originally, but yea... that's pretty detailed. Too bad the finish/color doesn't match the "post" on the front of the ship.

Agreed that's why I didn't buy it and bought Mod Couple railing instead...ordered the whole list from Mod Couple and this ladder from Mezel Mods.

20190525_083949.jpg20190525_083949.jpg
#9530 4 years ago

Is it just me or has the JJPOTC "escape the locker" nudge/save ruined all other machines. I now instinctively try to save my ball on other games and feel both dumb and frustrated at the same time!

#9531 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Agreed that's why I didn't buy it and bought Mod Couple railing instead...ordered the whole list from Mod Couple and this ladder from Mezel Mods.[quoted image]

Waiting on that ladder... I hear I'm getting it for my birthday

#9532 4 years ago

At first glance I like the idea of that ladder mod, but not sure it goes that well with the ramp sticker. I wonder how it would look if the rope was a little longer to maybe cover the ramp guards and gate bracket... just a thought

#9533 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Agreed that's why I didn't buy it and bought Mod Couple railing instead...ordered the whole list from Mod Couple and this ladder from Mezel Mods.[quoted image]

Personally, I like the ladder idea but IMHO it’s too damn big compared to the boat itself. Just saying....

#9534 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Personally, I like the ladder idea but IMHO it’s too damn big compared to the boat itself. Just saying....

That is my feeling; it is an impressive piece on its own (craftsmanship wise) but to me the scale is too jarring.

There are a lot of really nice PoTC mods; this would probably be last on my list.

#9535 4 years ago

At first glance I like the idea of that ladder mod, but not sure it goes that well with the ramp sticker. I wonder how it would look if the rope was a little longer to maybe cover the ramp guards and gate bracket... just a thought

I appreciate all mod makers' efforts as I love to mod my games! That said, not all are hits and Mezel Mods ladder falls short for me for several reasons: competes with ladder ramp decal below it, out of scale in relation to ship, and most importantly - blocks the view of the playfield below even more than it already is.

On a postive note to Mezel Mods, I really like their Black Pearl deck mod. Well done!

#9536 4 years ago

Can someone post a pic of their main flippers. Over 1200 games or so mine slowly drifted a smidge I think. trying to find that sweet spot again like when it was new. Wonder why there is not flipper guides anymore. My other 3 flippers are still fine pretty sure it just my right flipper noved a bit and made a couple shots almost impossible. also a pic with them up would be great as its easier to see where they are in relation to the multiball lights.

#9537 4 years ago

Anyone in here interested in BKSOR?

It’s fun to venture around the community and hear others input on Pirates...

#9538 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Anyone in here interested in BKSOR?
It’s fun to venture around the community and hear others input on Pirates...

Is that a new pirates mode?

#9539 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Can someone post a pic of their main flippers. Over 1200 games or so mine slowly drifted a smidge I think. trying to find that sweet spot again like when it was new. Wonder why there is not flipper guides anymore. My other 3 flippers are still fine pretty sure it just my right flipper noved a bit and made a couple shots almost impossible. also a pic with them up would be great as its easier to see where they are in relation to the multiball lights.

Mine don’t look perfect but here ya go

0CD9AEED-D52A-4E02-9988-D0486DC0509E (resized).jpeg0CD9AEED-D52A-4E02-9988-D0486DC0509E (resized).jpeg3B5ABB44-877A-4A4A-991C-1DD2A6F50BF3 (resized).jpeg3B5ABB44-877A-4A4A-991C-1DD2A6F50BF3 (resized).jpeg89BE74F1-26AA-4BA0-9E95-90C76668A37D (resized).jpeg89BE74F1-26AA-4BA0-9E95-90C76668A37D (resized).jpeg
#9540 4 years ago

I think the color of the dauntless mod from mezel mods looks good from playing angle.

2268275E-058C-452B-AE8C-19318F4571A6 (resized).jpeg2268275E-058C-452B-AE8C-19318F4571A6 (resized).jpeg
#9541 4 years ago

What do you guys think - WOZ and Hobbit both have very nice graphics on the playfield backboards. Although allot of Pirates backboard is hidden by the 2 ships and starmap, it feels like it’s incomplete back there without a decal. Has anyone made one? I’m thinking maybe graphics of the ships continuing into the background blended with the starmap or something. The starmap screws also need to be painted as they pop too much.

2B0FDB87-27D5-4CD9-8F07-E5D052FC17E8 (resized).jpeg2B0FDB87-27D5-4CD9-8F07-E5D052FC17E8 (resized).jpegD30DB2EA-CDA8-4B54-B3F6-6E99A70EC4AE (resized).jpegD30DB2EA-CDA8-4B54-B3F6-6E99A70EC4AE (resized).jpeg90D7FAB4-597F-4A2C-87D5-7E26618637D2 (resized).jpeg90D7FAB4-597F-4A2C-87D5-7E26618637D2 (resized).jpeg
#9542 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I think the color of the dauntless mod from mezel mods looks good from playing angle.[quoted image]

I like it allot but they are out of stock currently

#9543 4 years ago

I think it literally released about a week ago, so they are probably getting caught up. I love it and think it really adds to the aesthetics.

#9544 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I think the color of the dauntless mod from mezel mods looks good from playing angle.[quoted image]

It needs a very soft (VERY SOFT) colored light to show it off a bit more.

#9545 4 years ago

That dauntless mod is friggin awesome and I figured the picture on their site didn’t do it justice do to lighting or flash etc... I’m ordering, very detailed!

The best mod I’ve added from an overall improvement perspective has to be the disc silence kit.

Put it this way, the game doesn’t sound like an absolute POS when the spinner starts ripping. It was never really an issue for me but whenever a non pinhead would play the game they would ask what is wrong with the machine. This isn’t happening anymore!

That is a success in my opinion.

#9546 4 years ago

So don’t ask about other games in an owner’s thread to see if others have similar interests...

Noted.

Thanks guys!

#9547 4 years ago

What do you guys think - WOZ and Hobbit both have very nice graphics on the playfield backboards. Although allot of Pirates backboard is hidden by the 2 ships and starmap, it feels like it’s incomplete back there without a decal. Has anyone made one? I’m thinking maybe graphics of the ships continuing into the background blended with the starmap or something. The starmap screws also need to be painted as they pop too much.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I've posted this request a few places. I suggested a piece of plastic just like the star map but for the entire backboard (at least as much as can be covered). It could replace the starmap cover so the back looks finished and still functions with the star map. The map looks like it was literally a last second or cheapest mounting option. Just slap it on the backboard, done. If someone knows about printing on plastic I bet this isn't a terribly complex, maybe just need a CNC to cut out around any impediments. When I get done with some projects I may look in to it to see what it might cost to get these printed. I can easily design it.

Plus this works just as well if you don't have a starmap. I bet SE owners would be interested to "plus up" their games even without the starmap lights. Heck, you could even have a simple PCB with some lights that simulates the star map (or adds more lights to other places if you have the starmap) to make it even nicer. I think it would make the game look sweet.

#9548 4 years ago

I've posted this request a few places. I suggested a piece of plastic just like the star map but for the entire backboard (at least as much as can be covered). It could replace the starmap cover so the back looks finished and still functions with the star map. The map looks like it was literally a last second or cheapest mounting option. Just slap it on the backboard, done. If someone knows about printing on plastic I bet this isn't a terribly complex, maybe just need a CNC to cut out around any impediments. When I get done with some projects I may look in to it to see what it might cost to get these printed. I can easily design it.

I agree. I was on-site in Greensboro yesterday. First time being to this city (about an hour from where I reside). Went to Boxcar Arcade and it seemed like damn near every. single. pin had backboard art.

Side note — Sone operators “really don’t care” about their games do they?

The plunger was so strong on Batman 66 that the ball slammed against the backboard. I was damn near stunned...

And flipper power — Jesus!

#9549 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

So don’t ask about other games in an owner’s thread to see if others have similar interests...
Noted.
Thanks guys!

It’s all good Joseph - just the wrong forum.... kick back and relax and enjoy the Pirates goodness!

07E82204-DD60-4793-9E9D-0ADA4503F71D (resized).jpeg07E82204-DD60-4793-9E9D-0ADA4503F71D (resized).jpeg
#9550 4 years ago

Since we are kicking summer off let’s discuss pirate drinks.

Only one drink other than straight rum neat should be had while playing this fine game and that is a Dark N’ Stormy!

What’s all your go to Pirate beverages, arghhhh!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 38.00
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 191 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/191?hl=lordhelmet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.