(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 377.
#9451 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Number 3 is finally home! Now I have to wait till I get home this evening to work through all the problems.[quoted image][quoted image]

What problems!?!?

#9452 4 years ago

Confused on one thing..

Girlfriend managed to hit 68k last night and got extra ball.
I played today and got an extra ball at 68k as well.

I thought? it was supposed to automatically increase the score on subsequent runs?

#9453 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

“Best” character for focusing on inner loops and hopefully collecting a lot of gold?
Would it just be the character that picks up all the gold with a single press?
Opinions?

Can't really think of a "Best" for all situations but here's a few I can think of depending on how you play.

Philip Swift - Makes stranger tides MB easier to start and scores more
Marty - Retain gold after Tortuga MB (making next Tortuga MB easier to start)
Cutler Beckett - If you don't want to mash that gold button
Gibbs - To increase Tortuga MB scoring when you cash all that gold in
Will Turner - If you're good at doing multiple loops into Map Hole, do it on every plunge for massive skillshot points

#9454 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

“Best” character for focusing on inner loops and hopefully collecting a lot of gold?
Opinions?

I like will turner because of his extra combo time. seems that you can fumble/brick the loop and get another chance to keep the massive gold stack going with him.

maybe some of the other gold focused characters would be decent too like marty or gibbs.

#9455 4 years ago

You all got me thinking... aside from loop issues (ball going in to BP when it should not) I notice that sometimes I do not get credit for the map hole skill shot. I've had this happen on a slow plunge, after a few loops, etc. But I've also had the skill shot get credited to the map hole after a few other target hits (like GOLD), so what gives?

- Edit, I also think the rules need to change for Stranger Tides MB on skill shot. If you get ST on skill shot you should get at least the default map hole skill shot award. Or, don't stop the ball on the loop and let the skill shot continue while awarding the MB.

#9456 4 years ago

Loop logic is getting reworked a little in 1.0, should be more accurate for center loops (inner loop enter gets missed sometimes, not sure why). As far as starting OST, you can cancel the animation immediately and still cash in skill shot. This behavior is unlikely to change.

#9457 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Loop logic is getting reworked a little in 1.0, should be more accurate for center loops (inner loop enter gets missed sometimes, not sure why). As far as starting OST, you can cancel the animation immediately and still cash in skill shot. This behavior is unlikely to change.

Hi Keith - my game was delivered today because of you(and Eric)! Keep up your awesome work - it’s truly appreciated!

#9458 4 years ago

Oohh, that's good to know about the OST. Can't wait for 1.0, thanks!

#9459 4 years ago

Yep thats how I get my skill shots still while doing OST. To get the post down as soon as you see the animation maybe even a bit before you just hit both flippers and it will lower post. You can do the same on chapter select. I find that I end up cancelling most of the longer animations now. Comes in handy when you start multiple things in a row and your sitting there for 30 seconds for it to call your map award then your tortuga award then starting another multiball then it finally will start kicking out balls. get all that going hit your flippers and you can skip half of the callouts and get back to kickin ass.

Edit* On a side note (I know this has came up) gold timer still goes while map award plays. So I finished a chapter with the map award of spot 1 character and when map stopped spinning the gold timer was up (my fault I normally collect while map is spinning). Im pretty sure the timers pause during animations maybe im wrong and am just a lot better at game now and dont notice the timers as much.

#9460 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I got mine into this state once by misadjusting the coil - there are some screws to adjust it up/down.
When it drops the forks, it first lifts them.

Not totally sure what I did but it fixed haha. I took it off and checked everything, loosened and re-tightened all the screws it's working fine now. It didn't look like I needed to adjust anything because there was enough room for it to move up then back down but those two nuts on the back end that holds the coil I loosened and adjusted which I'm guessing what fixed it. Any next question once you get a new pin should you clean and wax the playfield right away?

#9461 4 years ago
Quoted from Pensfan112:

Not totally sure what I did but it fixed haha. I took it off and checked everything, loosened and re-tightened all the screws it's working fine now. It didn't look like I needed to adjust anything because there was enough room for it to move up then back down but those two nuts on the back end that holds the coil I loosened and adjusted which I'm guessing what fixed it. Any next question once you get a new pin should you clean and wax the playfield right away?

Clean, yes - I use Novus 1 for this applied to a microfiber (not directly to the playfield.)

Wax - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Personal preference there. I didn't do it for like 2000 plays.

#9462 4 years ago

The reason I say clean the brand new playfield is that you may have some shop dust etc in there. Mine did.

#9463 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Opinions?

Cutler Beckett's advantage is that he makes grabbing gold easier, but you ONLY get 1/2 the gold's value.

As such, I would not choose him to maximize gold collection.

#9464 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Cutler Beckett's advantage is that he makes grabbing gold easier, but you ONLY get 1/2 the gold's value.
As such, I would not choose him to maximize gold collection.

yes but your also very rarely missing gold....too many times I let gold expire because I cant get the ball safe and I know as soon as I move a hand ball will go there. Also do 8-10 loops and collect all the gold before ball drains little mini game withing itself. Cutler fixes all that

#9465 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

yes but your also very rarely missing gold....too many times I let gold expire because I cant get the ball safe and I know as soon as I move a hand ball will go there. Also do 8-10 loops and collect all the gold before ball drains little mini game withing itself. Cutler fixes all that

from my experience that starts to go away the more you play and learn the audio clues and the timer lengths (which are pretty generous to be honest). sometimes its well worth it to sacrifice 5-10-20 gold on the table if the ball is heading into a bad spot. and it starts to get really easy to know how much gold is out on the table simply from the audio clues just because of how well the audio is designed on the game.

beckett is pretty much a 'never pick' at this point in my world. but i'll never discount that he could be utilized effectively in some way. part of the beauty of this game

#9466 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Opinions?

Norrington.

#9467 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

I used to think Beckett was a good option until I became more familiar with how much more some of the other characters can deliver in points over the course of a decent game.

I do still like to play him occasionally though to take a break from having to hit the gold button so much.

#9468 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

What problems!?!?

I was being pessimistic, based on historical data. In fact, the only thing that ended up being wrong with mine is the sagging screen and damaged back glass. Looks like some of the art on the backglass rubbed off due to the screen sagging and the buffer piece rubbing it.

I did also notice that sometimes the chest lock will allow a ball to fall through the release flap. Is there an adjustment for this?

#9469 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I was being pessimistic, based on historical data. In fact, the only the that ended up being wrong with mine is the sagging screen and damaged back glass. Looks like some of the art on the backglass rubbed off due to the screen sagging and the buffer piece rubbing it.
I did also notice that sometimes the chest lock will allow a ball to fall through the release flap. Is there an adjustment for this?

I know... but we were all hoping you would be REALLY lucky! =)

#9470 4 years ago

Thought I had a flakey opto. Good to hear this will be fixed, I don't get credit for 2 or 3 loops sometimes

#9471 4 years ago

Does this happen in the Pearl as well? Sometimes Marty is not collected until the third time I hit the left ship opto. Always travels correctly for starting the curse of the black pearl Multiball. Just collecting Marty is a problem sometimes.

#9472 4 years ago

Finally I’m officially a member of the club with number 252! Just in time for the long weekend. I put up 400k on the first game. Not too bad IMO. I’ve got a ton of mods coming in the next few days. Can’t wait to get them all in.

The pack only had 3 screw caps for the topper. I guess I’ll have to call about that.

I see washers under the sling posts but one still has a ripple in the clear. I have double star posts and washers coming in today. Trying to decide it I should go ahead and change them out, as a precaution...

2B13C41A-68B0-45F9-8726-44DE3865C456 (resized).jpeg2B13C41A-68B0-45F9-8726-44DE3865C456 (resized).jpeg
#9473 4 years ago

With Break the Curse, do you have to not only play all multiballs and 5 wizard modes or beat wizard modes? I was there last night and from the flowchart it says maphole to start Break the Curse, but this wasn't happening?

#9474 4 years ago
Quoted from JamCat:

I see washers under the sling posts but one still has a ripple in the clear. I have double star posts and washers coming in today. Trying to decide it I should go ahead and change them out, as a precaution...[quoted image]

I say just enjoy the thing. If you get the chipping, change the posts to hide it. Changing the posts does require adjusting the slingshot leafs afterward.

Just enjoy your awesome new game for now!

#9475 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

With Break the Curse, do you have to not only play all multiballs and 5 wizard modes or beat wizard modes? I was there last night and from the flowchart it says maphole to start Break the Curse, but this wasn't happening?

It's not in the game yet. And wow, if you managed to get all the wizard modes and multiballs you are one hell of a player!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9476 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's not in the game yet. And wow, if you managed to get all the wizard modes and multiballs you are one hell of a player!

No, just single, live alone and play a lot

#9477 4 years ago
Quoted from cextion:

Can't really think of a "Best" for all situations but here's a few I can think of depending on how you play.
Philip Swift - Makes stranger tides MB easier to start and scores more
Marty - Retain gold after Tortuga MB (making next Tortuga MB easier to start)
Cutler Beckett - If you don't want to mash that gold button
Gibbs - To increase Tortuga MB scoring when you cash all that gold in
Will Turner - If you're good at doing multiple loops into Map Hole, do it on every plunge for massive skillshot points

To score with Tuner, do you hit the loop a bunch then next time around have to put it in the Map hole? I can usually hit 5-7 loops in a row, but have trouble hitting the Map hole while looping.

#9478 4 years ago

Finally got my playfield dismantled and I am ready to put the PF protector in. Was somewhat easier than I thought - quite a lot of wires have to be removed from under the PF though.

It seems that I forgot to take a couple of pics from the same area, so I'll ask here:

1) picture with the rubber - how does the rubber go - is it ok to put it like that, it seems to push the opto a bit

2) is this the right orientation for the metal bracket? The bigger slot is now furthest from the player.

Thank you for any help!

Rubber (resized).JPGRubber (resized).JPGMetalBracket (resized).JPGMetalBracket (resized).JPG
#9479 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Finally got my playfield dismantled and I am ready to put the PF protector in. Was somewhat easier than I thought - quite a lot of wires have to be removed from under the PF though.
It seems that I forgot to take a couple of pics from the same area, so I'll ask here:
1) picture with the rubber - how does the rubber go - is it ok to put it like that, it seems to push the opto a bit
2) is this the right orientation for the metal bracket? The bigger slot is now furthest from the player.
Thank you for any help![quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like mine had the wide part at the front. I remember the same issue on that rubber, nothing to worry about IMO.

IMG_0955 (resized).jpegIMG_0955 (resized).jpeg
#9480 4 years ago

As a side note, that artwork inside the chapter start area is pretty nice huh? Never saw it before disassembling.

#9481 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

To score with Tuner, do you hit the loop a bunch then next time around have to put it in the Map hole? I can usually hit 5-7 loops in a row, but have trouble hitting the Map hole while looping.

yep. you have to 'cash in' the loops by hitting the map hole. i've seen skillshots over 500,000 with will so he's a great character if you can dial in those loops. the map hole shot is just a bit earlier on the flipper than you'd normally hit for the loops. it can definitely be a bit tricky when you are in the groove.

#9482 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yes you have to hit the map hole to complete the skill shot. You can go for as many loops as you want but you have to hit the map hole to finish it.

#9483 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Looks like mine had the wide part at the front. I remember the same issue on that rubber, nothing to worry about IMO.[quoted image]

Thanks!

#9484 4 years ago

I’m debating ordering the Kraken mod from The Mod Couple as it looks pretty cool from the pics - how do you owners like it?

#9485 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Finally got my playfield dismantled and I am ready to put the PF protector in.

Can you share a picture of the protector before and after installing and share your thoughts about playing on it? I assume that it is the new .5mm protector from PP but let me know if it is another brand.

Questions:

Will you raise the disc slightly to accommodate for the protector? Do you have cliffies already installed? (This will sit on top of those so I am curious about playability).

I really want to install one on my new GBLE playfield but not sure about cliffies and the scoleri drop target holes if the overlay floats a little.

#9486 4 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I’m debating ordering the Kraken mod from The Mod Couple as it looks pretty cool from the pics - how do you owners like it?

I wasn't sure about it eather.but I got it and its nicely made looks great . And turns out to be a must have, like so many of there mod's.

#9487 4 years ago

I bought almost all of the mods that the mod couple sell for this title. Out of all of them, I like the Kraken the best.

#9488 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes you have to hit the map hole to complete the skill shot. You can go for as many loops as you want but you have to hit the map hole to finish it.

That's tough!

#9489 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I say just enjoy the thing. If you get the chipping, change the posts to hide it. Changing the posts does require adjusting the slingshot leafs afterward.
Just enjoy your awesome new game for now!

Why dissuade people from doing the protection measures ahead of time? Maybe it will prevent their playfield from cracking at all and they will be one of the few with a pristine specimen.

#9490 4 years ago

I love it. Obviously for things which add nothing to gameplay it's hard to justify, but the piece is quality and looks stock.

#9491 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Why dissuade people from doing the protection measures ahead of time? Maybe it will prevent their playfield from cracking at all and they will be one of the few with a pristine specimen.

I'd say waiting on Cliffy's is a hard wait. At least star posts and washers, etc, can be a quick grab.

Always two camps here for this game regarding it's safety measures, double wrap it up in multiple layers w/max lube or freeball it and bareback. Play at your own risk, and enjoy either way! Your choice.

#9492 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Eh, whatever. I just hate people feeling like they can't play their machines without messing with them. I'll leave it be.

#9493 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Eh, whatever. I just hate people feeling like they can't play their machines without messing with them. I'll leave it be.

I agree with both views. I think the way expensive and gratuitous nature of home ownership, drive anxiety in ways that combined with genuine limited product, that hinders fun and immediate joy.

Anxiety is never joy inducing.

So I get your stance entirely.

Side note, headed to Pinball Perfection tonight, and no anxiety whatsoever in freeplay for $10 for nearly 300 operating games. Though....i have developed the bad habit of looking at wear and tear on games. Eek!

http://pinballperfection.com/

If anyone ever is in the area, do go here. You won't regret it!

#9494 4 years ago

Probably the best single jjPotC mod since it looks completely factory - like it should have been there from the start.

#9495 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well... let's be honest, most people it seems have had to mess with them in one way or another. But yes, play them! Then find some time soon to do the mod

#9496 4 years ago

I have to give a shout out to JJP support. My backglass had some minor damage during shipping. I had a response almost immediately after submitting the ticket, I sent a couple of photos, and now a replacement is on the way out to me. All within 2 hours. That's the way support is supposed to work!

#9497 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I have to give a shout out to JJP support. My backglass had some minor damage during shipping. I had a response almost immediately after submitting the ticket, I sent a couple of photos, and now a replacement is on the way out to me. All within 2 hours. That's the way support is supposed to work!

I'd agree. On the whole they are quite good at getting back to me and getting the parts I need. Shannan has interpreted what I needed when I couldn't find it in the manual, done warranty replacements, explained technical details, etc.

#9498 4 years ago

The face I make when trying to get the game to add an eye patch to my picture.

FDD4E037-9B0C-4440-8216-F78A7E11A9E1 (resized).jpegFDD4E037-9B0C-4440-8216-F78A7E11A9E1 (resized).jpeg
#9499 4 years ago

Oh, and when my wife and I play we will randomly yell this out. Because, well.... it’s funny!

A0AB89BF-582C-4CD1-9901-E0E35452D6FE (resized).jpegA0AB89BF-582C-4CD1-9901-E0E35452D6FE (resized).jpeg
#9500 4 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

The face I make when trying to get the game to add an eye patch to my picture.[quoted image]

The patch is great, but the hat needs some work. It ends up looking like a black lump more akin to a beret.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/190?hl=lordhelmet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.