(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 378.
#851 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

The whole ramp is only held up on one side which may be the issue with the ramp not sitting level.

The ramp shouldn't be level, should be leaning to the right a bit, at the top by the pirate ship playfield.

LTG : )

#852 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is a screw in front of the hex post below the spot light on the right top side of the ramp. It runs through a rubber grommet. Turn it tighter to lower the ramp to the right so the ball rolls off the gate.

LTG
Can you post a picture please. I’m not finding what you are referring to.

#853 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is a screw in front of the hex post below the spot light on the right top side of the ramp. It runs through a rubber grommet. Turn it tighter to lower the ramp to the right so the ball rolls off the gate.

LTG I’m not finding this.
Can you send a pic?

#854 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

the ramp not sitting level.

The ramp shouldn't sit level. The ramp should lean to the right.

#855 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

Can you send a pic?

White X is the boat. Orange arrow and X is the metal bracket hooked to the ramp. Red arrow points to screw to screw up or down as needed. Yellow is rubber grommet you squish or unsquish as needed. Green arrow is hex post the rubber grommet rests on and the screw goes through the rubber grommet into the hex post.

DSC00679 (resized).JPGDSC00679 (resized).JPG
#856 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

White X is the boat. Orange arrow and X is the metal bracket hooked to the ramp. Red arrow points to screw to screw up or down as needed. Yellow is rubber grommet you squish or unsquish as needed. Green arrow is hex post the rubber grommet rests on and the screw goes through the rubber grommet into the hex post.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Working great now. Thanks

#857 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The ramp shouldn't sit level. The ramp should lean to the right.

Yep, mine was actually leaning left. Had to bend the bracket and screw in as far as I could to get it consistently draining right. But I think all is good now. Thanks for the insight!

#858 5 years ago

Sorry to see that some of you are having tech issues. I'm sure they will be solved soon.

I found a standard Pirates on location last night. It was dialed in and played smooth like butter. The light show, call outs and music were amazing. Great game!! : ) Congratulations to new owners!

#859 5 years ago

My spotlights are slowly getting knocked out. They get hit and the bulbs just crumble — usual wear and tear. They are 12v lamps like flashers, but serving as GI. I’m looking into adequate replacements that aren’t ultra bright, but haven’t found any. LMK if any of you have replaced with anything cool!

#860 5 years ago

Anyone have a lead on a POTC LE? I’m looking for one NIB shipped to San Jose, CA. PM me with details and price, thanks.

#861 5 years ago

Ok where the heck are these from? Found in the bottom of the cabinet under the pf.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#862 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Ok where the heck are these from? Found in the bottom of the cabinet under the pf.
[quoted image]

Look like computer cover hold downs?

#863 5 years ago

Ok where the heck are these from?

Hold the coin chutes to the coin door.

#864 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hold the coin chutes to the coin door.

Red arrows point to them.

DSC00681 (resized).JPGDSC00681 (resized).JPG
#865 5 years ago

Woah! Why are they midway back in the cab

#866 5 years ago

The pins ship coin door up.

#867 5 years ago

They were running away from home. And the front door was locked.

#868 5 years ago

I have unpacked my nib POTC le and There was a scratch on the cabinet and the decal looks like reptil skin.
Now I get from my dealer a set decals.
I can not fix a new decal on a cabinet im a player not pb builder.
Whats you advice?

13C892C3-6D3E-4F7B-9427-8DB7406D6BEE (resized).jpeg13C892C3-6D3E-4F7B-9427-8DB7406D6BEE (resized).jpeg4C9F721E-8C4B-4FBC-A5F5-D887F286F2A1 (resized).jpeg4C9F721E-8C4B-4FBC-A5F5-D887F286F2A1 (resized).jpeg9FE01CDC-EC45-4E01-8827-1E016FF05426 (resized).jpeg9FE01CDC-EC45-4E01-8827-1E016FF05426 (resized).jpegEB2E23BF-34E6-4E32-A0B2-A0EFE644A4BF (resized).jpegEB2E23BF-34E6-4E32-A0B2-A0EFE644A4BF (resized).jpegEFC1269C-4A58-4449-A180-C24D7454F2EA (resized).jpegEFC1269C-4A58-4449-A180-C24D7454F2EA (resized).jpegF3EBD1A3-DBB7-4123-ABC5-774D0721526C (resized).jpegF3EBD1A3-DBB7-4123-ABC5-774D0721526C (resized).jpeg
#869 5 years ago

Have your dealer send you a set of radcals.

#870 5 years ago

I can't tell if that marble look on the cabinet decals is an issue or not, have never heard of something like that. It doesn't look like a ton of mini air bubbles but can't really tell. I wonder if all cabinet decals simply look like that under the right light?

Does the cabinet feel smooth?

#871 5 years ago

Oh that’s not good! That’s a shame. Big time QC miss! :naughty:Those ripples are either two things imo.
1 poor install of decal
2 heavy paint causing a ripple effect through the decal.
Either can be fixed but totally sucks!!!
It is fixable though and if you get the rad cals that would be great but still need to be installed.
I would suggest if you can’t handle it to have it done and have the charge back to JJP or dealer.
Little fixes like soldering or putting bolts back into coin door are forgivable. But this is a large task and requires time and patience.
I am truly sorry to hear this esp as far away as you are!!!

#872 5 years ago

Someone posted something here about a setting for either replay or match sequencing producing a rewarding effect/animation.

What is the setting to adjust?

#873 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Wish I could help you out, but my ceiling is to low so I won't be able to install it.

Hang it on the wall or put it on a shelf and power it with a 12v wall wart.

#874 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Oh that’s not good! That’s a shame. Big time QC miss! :naughty:Those ripples are either two things imo.
1 poor install of decal
2 heavy paint causing a ripple effect through the decal.
Either can be fixed but totally sucks!!!
It is fixable though and if you get the rad cals that would be great but still need to be installed.
I would suggest if you can’t handle it to have it done and have the charge back to JJP or dealer.
Little fixes like soldering or putting bolts back into coin door are forgivable. But this is a large task and requires time and patience.
I am truly sorry to hear this esp as far away as you are!!!

I don't think it's an issue at all. From what I can tell all decaled machines will have that look at the right angle and light.

#875 5 years ago

I see your meaning here now. I over looked my decals but not that close.
Here is Star Trek deff looks different.
Pics of ST to follow.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#876 5 years ago

I guess it would come down to either decal manufacturer or prep before install.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#877 5 years ago

I just examined my THBA AND WOZRR; The Hobbit shows some light 'dimpling' but not obtrusive. The WOZRR has rad cals and is absolutely perfect, smooth as glass. Sorry that the Hobbit does not have rad cals but I did order them for my POTC LE. Maybe that isn't an explanation but at this moment I think it is. I will update my post when my POTC gets here.

#878 5 years ago

Pic I just took in direct light for comparison.

In normal light I can't see any texturing.

20181111_171532 (resized).jpg20181111_171532 (resized).jpg
#879 5 years ago

Can someone do me a favor and take a picture of switch 21 lower from play field and bottom side?

I’ve had a switch 21 lower switch stuck closed msg for a while and I was directed to play the game and hit switch to activate it.

Msg hasn’t gone away and upon closer examination of the map and where my switch is located, it appears there is literally a piece of white plastic there and no switch installed.

Yes, seriously I see no leaf switch installed and nothing hanging under pf!

WTF?

#880 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

To be fair to JJP, they push the envelope well beyond anything stern does.

Thats crap, I just played POTC and its was boring as hell compared to IrMaiden. Jam packed doesn't equal greatness. Oh yeah

#881 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thats crap, I just played POTC and its was boring as hell compared to IrMaiden. Jam packed doesn't equal greatness. Oh yeah

This is a POTC owners and fan club thread, not a place to crap on POTC. There's plenty of other threads to discuss Iron Maiden and its two ramps.

#882 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This is a POTC owners and fan club thread, not a place to crap on POTC. There's plenty of other threads to discuss Iron Maiden and its two ramps.

Ok then leave the comparisons out of it and thanks for setting me straight. I say whatever I want in whatever thread I want.

#883 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That's funny. I played IM and got bored. I don't own a potc, but it definitely appeal's more to me. Each to their own though. Bye Felicia!

#884 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You have to be just plain stupid. Oh yeah.

#885 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That's funny. I played IM and got bored. I don't own a potc, but it definitely appeal's more to me. Each to their own though.

I could see that and ur right to each is own. What I hate is when JJP fanboys bash Stern, not going to get away with it while I'm around.

#886 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

You have to be just plain stupid. Oh yeah.

I can't wait for the rest of the fanboys to chime in, also I'm not plain anything, full stupid with hints of crazy. I'll ruin the whole thread if you give me the chance. Lets go.

#887 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I could see that and ur right to each is own. What I hate is when JJP fanboys bash Stern, not going to get away with it while I'm around.

I'm not an owner of either, but comparing Iron Maiden to JJPOTC is gross (JJPOTC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> IM)

#888 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

If JJP fans want to bash Stern in a JJP game specific owners thread that's totally cool, same goes for Stern fans bashing JJP in a Stern game specific owners thread. However, coming into a JJP game owners thread, or vice versa for Stern, to bash that game isn't cool...that's trolling.

#889 5 years ago

Anyone able to help with this lower switch 21 issue?

#890 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

This dude’s a badass Canadian,don’t fuck with him!

#891 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I actually love my Stern's. Not bashing, but seriously why make a comment about jjp games like you did? If you don't like the game, keep out of a potc thread. Doesn't make sense. Keyboard warriors I guess. Go back to the IM thread and brag it up.
#juniorhigh

#892 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I'm out having dinner with the wife. I will take a few pics when I get back if nobody else has helped you in the mean time.

#893 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I'm out having dinner with the wife. I will take a few pics when I get back if nobody else has helped you in the mean time.

Thanks!

#894 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I don't have my game here, but I did take a look at the online manual. Switch 21 shows as being "upper slingshot low", that slingshot is located behind the "gold" standup targets. Have you tried activating the lower leaf switch? Or are you able to see it?

#895 5 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I don't have my game here, but I did take a look at the online manual. Switch 21 shows as being "upper slingshot low", that slingshot is located behind the "gold" standup targets. Have you tried activating the lower leaf switch? Or are you able to see it?

There are two upper switches from what I see in the matrix and using map in game.

The upper switch works fine but the lower one under the pearl ramp I just see a piece of white plastic, no switch.

#896 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There are two upper switches from what I see in the matrix and using map in game.
The upper switch works fine but the lower one under the pearl ramp I just see a piece of white plastic, no switch.

Hmm, haven't run in to this message about switch 21, so mine must be okay. It looks like you might get some help tonight from someone else, if not I will be servicing the game tomorrow and will take a good look at it.

#897 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

The house that Jack built. 2/3 games working perfectly and just need to work on the potc upper pf flipper tomorrow if I can get the wiring all straightened out and then I’ll be golden.
[quoted image]

..... And you're missing their masterpiece

#898 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I hope these pics help. I will keep the playfield up if you need additional pics.
20181111_195127 (resized).jpg20181111_195127 (resized).jpg20181111_195140 (resized).jpg20181111_195140 (resized).jpg20181111_195303 (resized).jpg20181111_195303 (resized).jpg

20181111_200953 (resized).jpg20181111_200953 (resized).jpg
#899 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Can you take a picture of yours?
That doesn’t seem right.

#900 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

I hope these pics help. I will keep the playfield up if you need additional pics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

My game shows switch 21 as "5th coin slot switch" Im guessing its the D in the "Gold" shot bank?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/18?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.