(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 378.
#9351 4 years ago

Can we take a moment to appreciate some of the awesome things about this game?

- The Kevin McNally callouts have so many varieties of each which greatly minimizes repetition.
- The David Thiel music is outstanding and also has a ton of variety. I honestly don’t miss the OST one bit.
- The 22 characters offer a ton of different ways to play the game that are markedly different.
- The video mode is infrequent enough to be exciting when it happens, and the outcomes are well varied.
- The shots are all fair and makeable.
- The Devil’s Triangle and Extra Ball shots feel so good when you nail them.
- Blowing up the ship is still not old!
- Stacking multiballs still quickens my pulse.
- The wizard modes are still special and exciting when you achieve them.

I just played a few rounds of Star Wars while my wife was hogging the POTC and it just made me appreciate POTC that much more.

I still think this game is the GOAT. @hogbog, pinball_keefer JerseyJack and everyone else associated with this project have a ton to be proud of.

#9352 4 years ago

You’re spot on. None of my other pins are getting any play. So much fun. And I have not even seen a wizard mode yet.

Addition: I wanted a pin to add to my collection that would be our “last’ pin. Nearly got divorced over spending this money. I wanted the depth of LOTR but accessibility and multiplayer fun. I think they have nailed it. And I agree that it should be number 1.

Just got my first super jackpot in curse of the black pearl. So hard! Very rewarding !

#9353 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

4. Left flipper roll pin was barely in and left flipper quit working after about 5 games.

So I WASN'T the only one!

Look at that!

#9354 4 years ago

--(NEW) Chest issue--
I was playing one game last night. I locked 3 balls in the chest as usual then got Chest multiball all fine. However I noticed that the fork mech stayed engaged at that point and was not releasing anymore. So all my balls, regardless if I hit the side targets or not, are going through the Chest.

I lifted the playfield, remember a similar issue from ZaphX (one broken wire) but no broken wire on mine. I did the #18 coil test and I can hear the coil firing trying to release the mech fork...in vain. I tried about 30 times and one time in the middle of this serie the fork releases but the rest of the time the fork stays engaged. I also did the fork mech test (coils #17 and #18) but same result (mech fork does not release). When testing, I hear the coil firing and and I can barely see the fork mech start moving in an attempt to release itself but it does not. I have no other switch/error on my game. Manually, I can engage the fork and release the fork with no problem (no physical block during engagement/release).

I don't recall having seen a solution for this, I am asking for help please!

fork mech (resized).JPGfork mech (resized).JPGfork mech 2 (resized).JPGfork mech 2 (resized).JPG
#9355 4 years ago

I had this issue when I first got the game. To resolve, I had to add a washer under the magnet. It just wasn’t quite close enough to cause the fork to disengage.

#9356 4 years ago
76983297-624C-4E5B-8E8B-CA0AE7D1ADC8 (resized).jpeg76983297-624C-4E5B-8E8B-CA0AE7D1ADC8 (resized).jpeg
#9357 4 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

I had this issue when I first got the game. To resolve, I had to add a washer under the magnet. It just wasn’t quite close enough to cause the fork to disengage.

Thank you Coindropper. I added a washer and it did the trick. The Chest mech is now rectracting each time.

...and what a game, the gameplay is fantastic!

#9358 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

So I WASN'T the only one!
Look at that!

And image that, he figured it out and fixed it in Less than 300 posts!! lol sorry had to say it.

#9359 4 years ago
Quoted from ellips6:

Thank you Coindropper. I added a washer and it did the trick. The Chest mech is now rectracting each time.
...and what a game, the gameplay is fantastic!

Awesome, glad it worked for you as well! Game is great, definitely a keeper.

#9360 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And image that, he figured it out and fixed it in Less than 300 posts!! lol sorry had to say it.

=P

Probably wasn’t his 1st rodeo.

Either way, I’m grateful for the community and all the knowledge I have acquired up to this point.

#9361 4 years ago

I found a bug for @pinball_keefer. I was playing a pretty good game (700+K at the time), hit the map award triple disc animation and it awarded me the lit extra ball. Before the extra ball animation completed, the ball shot out and down the "P" lane as normal. I shot it and it ricocheted right back into the map hole still before the extra ball animation completed. The 3 disc animation came on again and awarded me the lit extra ball again even though it wasn't lit anymore - 2 extra balls. Guessing this is not supposed to happen that way. That map award is probably pretty rare, and me making that shot again before the animation completes is pretty slim to none, so this would be a very rare occurrence.

Great code, great design, great animations, great sounds and music, … great game!

#9362 4 years ago

Okay...

I get it!

HOLY SENSORY OVERLOAD!!!

I stacked a couple multi-balls. Like two chapter multi-balls and then started rolling Tortuga multi-ball and there was so much going on ... I couldn't even.

WOW! THAT WAS FUN!

Curious how you guys are doing the Extra Ball exactly? Like, there are 4 settings and then you can choose the rewards. The first reward by default is 30k and then 75k ..

EDIT: I see now. It's the Replay Award. I just did the defaults so like 10 percent and 68k starting and all that. Pretty cool.

#9363 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Okay...
I get it!
HOLY SENSORY OVERLOAD!!!
I stacked a couple multi-balls. Like two chapter multi-balls and then started rolling Tortuga multi-ball and there was so much going on ... I couldn't even.
WOW! THAT WAS FUN!
Curious how you guys are doing the Extra Ball exactly? Like, there are 4 settings and then you can choose the rewards. The first reward by default is 30k and then 75k ..
EDIT: I see now. It's the Replay Award. I just did the defaults so like 10 percent and 68k starting and all that. Pretty cool.

Ya that’s how I have mine set up. Replay award set to auto with extra ball as reward. Have to watch out for big scoring games though. Starts at 40k to get the extra ball. Put up a million point game and it will jump to 5-6-700k. Mine was up to 1.5 million last weekend. Didn’t play today and it’s still at like 760k

#9364 4 years ago

After you add basically every mod known to man kind... some pictures. This is the best pinball game ever made no doubt. Thanks to companies like the Mod Couple the game got a ton better.

IMG_2677 (resized).jpgIMG_2677 (resized).jpgIMG_2678 (resized).jpgIMG_2678 (resized).jpgIMG_2680 (resized).jpgIMG_2680 (resized).jpgIMG_2681 (resized).jpgIMG_2681 (resized).jpgIMG_2683 (resized).jpgIMG_2683 (resized).jpgIMG_2686 (resized).jpgIMG_2686 (resized).jpgIMG_2688 (resized).jpgIMG_2688 (resized).jpgIMG_2691 (resized).jpgIMG_2691 (resized).jpgIMG_2693 (resized).jpgIMG_2693 (resized).jpgIMG_2693 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_2693 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_2698 - Copy (resized).jpgIMG_2698 - Copy (resized).jpg
#9365 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Ya that’s how I have mine set up. Replay award set to auto with extra ball as reward. Have to watch out for big scoring games though. Starts at 40k to get the extra ball. Put up a million point game and it will jump to 5-6-700k. Mine was up to 1.5 million last weekend. Didn’t play today and it’s still at like 760k

Ah.. so it goes up and down. I thought it just kept going up or stayed the same.

That’s really cool.

#9366 4 years ago

zaphX totally agree. After so many games, shooting that canon still feels special - they really nailed the amount that happens. Just need some shaker when you sink it!

#9367 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I think I will order a playfield protector and put it in, even though the job seems a bit nightmarish. Anyone, who has put one it, what kind of experiences did you have? I have put playfield protector into MM, Houdini and Alien, so I am not a total novice in that regard. How difficult it was to put the JJP POTC protector in?
Thanks for any info!

Up for this, hopefully there are by now experiences in this regard. I guess the most difficult parts to remove are the ships, but the ramps should be easy then. Any tips - I am gathering courage to start the job of installing the PF protector Thanks!

#9368 4 years ago

Nepi23

What are you thoughts on gameplay with the protector installed on those games? Are these the PlayfieldProtector brand and have you tried the previous thickness and new .2mm?

On the fence about it bringing a couple in to install but love the idea of protecting the PF, especially on a new GB playfield for the LE.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks!

#9369 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Nepi23
What are you thoughts on gameplay with the protector installed on those games? Are these the PlayfieldProtector brand and have you tried the previous thickness and new .2mm?
On the fence about it bringing a couple in to install but love the idea of protecting the PF, especially on a new GB playfield for the LE.
Please share your thoughts. Thanks!

Hi!

It makes the ball move smoother. I do not have much complaints gameplay-wise, but they may sometimes result in a ball hang-up in some places, but one can then try to adjust the stuff on the playfield to make the ball hang-up disappear. They only grief I have are the newton rings -phenomenon - it makes the playfield look like its wet on some places.

I buy my protectors from playfield-protectors.com, according to their website its 0,5 mm thick. I think I had their PF protector with the previous thickness as well - to be honest, I have not noticed much difference to it (the one machine I did put the older PF protector in did not have the newton ring -phenomenon, so that was a plus though, but it was an older machine, so maybe the PF was not completely flat to begin with and it helped).

#9370 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hi!
It makes the ball move smoother. I do not have much complaints gameplay-wise, but they may sometimes result in a ball hang-up in some places, but one can then try to adjust the stuff on the playfield to make the ball hang-up disappear. They only grief I have are the newton rings -phenomenon - it makes the playfield look like its wet on some places.
I buy my protectors from playfield-protectors.com, according to their website its 0,5 mm thick. I think I had their PF protector with the previous thickness as well - to be honest, I have not noticed much difference to it (the one machine I did put the older PF protector in did not have the newton ring -phenomenon, so that was a plus though, but it was an older machine, so maybe the PF was not completely flat to begin with and it helped).

So there's some sheen/glare here and there?

#9371 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

So there's some sheen/glare here and there?

You can see pics of the phenomenon here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-reason-downside-to-playfield-protectors/page/5#post-4993236

I have it on my Houdini and Alien, but not on DI.

#9372 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

You can see pics of the phenomenon here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-there-any-reason-downside-to-playfield-protectors/page/5#post-4993236
I have it on my Houdini and Alien, but not on DI.

In my opinion only buying 1 playfield protector (and the last) they are Way overkill and honestly Will find ways to effect play long and short term. Truly not worth the effort. Raising the balls roll of motion even Slightly changes Everything as designed in my view. Where the ball hits sling rubbers, posts, targets, pop bumper rings you name it. Add a spinning disk to the equation and I say not needed on this game. Heck, many added a simple plastic washer to their slings and now they are having issues. The contact of the ball to playfield was believe it or not Very specific. Don't change what was designed and you'll play happily ever after. And in home use you'll not have to worry about taking that scratched up crap plastic off in 6 months of play. Wax, play, repeat.

#9373 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

In my opinion only buying 1 playfield protector (and the last) they are Way overkill and honestly Will find ways to effect play long and short term. Truly not worth the effort. Raising the balls roll of motion even Slightly changes Everything as designed in my view. Where the ball hits sling rubbers, posts, targets, pop bumper rings you name it. Add a spinning disk to the equation and I say not needed on this game. Heck, many added a simple plastic washer to their slings and now they are having issues. The contact of the ball to playfield was believe it or not Very specific. Don't change what was designed and you'll play happily ever after. And in home use you'll not have to worry about taking that scratched up crap plastic off in 6 months of play. Wax, play, repeat.

About adding washers to post - I read about the problems where the posts have been pressed into the playfield in a manner where to posts have almost "drilled themselves into the clear" and now the PF is chipping around the posts. If one needs to remove such posts for installing the PF protector, it may not look nice if the PF chips when one removes such a post.

#9374 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

About adding washers to post - I read about the problems where the posts have been pressed into the playfield in a manner where to posts have almost "drilled themselves into the clear" and now the PF is chipping around the posts. If one needs to remove such posts for installing the PF protector, it may not look nice if the PF chips when one removes such a post.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-

#9375 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yep. Completely agree and I’m a rookie.

The logic and physics say that you are drastically altering the playfield and I would simply never install one.

“No way” it plays the same...

#9376 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

After you add basically every mod known to man kind... some pictures. This is the best pinball game ever made no doubt. Thanks to companies like the Mod Couple the game got a ton better.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is it a Mod Couple advertisement post?

Bought the mods too, but not so impressed except of the kraken.
Don't like to stick the things only.

#9377 4 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

Is it a Mod Couple advertisement post?
Bought the mods too, but not so impressed except of the kraken.
Don't like to stick the things only.

I freaking love the Kraken. Adds a nice toy to that part of the playfield, matches well with the look and quality of the rocks (if you have the LE/CE) and is a freaking solid piece of kit they created (not cheap feeling). I understand about the "stick on" but I've had mine on for weeks without any movement and the sticky is such a small piece it seems easy enough to remove as will be needed for repairs on various parts below it.

#9378 4 years ago

Game is in the state, will be delivered Wednesday. Woot!

#9379 4 years ago

I had the luck to meet Kevin McNally on a job and I asked him to sign my lockdown bar. He was quite surprised. He said he has not played it yet or even seen the final machine. He was really nice and mentioned it took him days to record all the callouts.

EE3DFCDB-DDBE-417A-BC73-F2515D9C086E (resized).jpegEE3DFCDB-DDBE-417A-BC73-F2515D9C086E (resized).jpeg9DAC0161-E817-442C-B52A-59540525074B (resized).jpeg9DAC0161-E817-442C-B52A-59540525074B (resized).jpeg
#9380 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

I had the luck to meet Kevin McNally on a job and I asked him to sign my lockdown bar. He was quite surprised. He said he has not played it yet or even seen the final machine. He was really nice and mentioned it took him days to record all the callouts.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Super cool! Thanks for the pics!
Can you imagine how blown away he'll be when he gets to stand next to one and see how they used all his hard work? Wow!

#9381 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

IDezG2u (resized).pngIDezG2u (resized).png
#9382 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

I didn't realize that he did the call-outs.....that's pretty cool

#9384 4 years ago

Interesting... Pretty sure that I read this before it was deleted. Curious why it was sent deleted now.

#9385 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Interesting... Pretty sure that I read this before it was deleted. Curious why it was sent deleted now.

Maybe he changed his mind?

#9386 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I didn't realize that he did the call-outs.....that's pretty cool

If you haven't already watched this, there's a LOT of good game info in this Dead Flip / JJP stream. Including an interesting tidbit at 1:30:18 from Eric Meunier about working with Kevin McNally on the callouts.

#9387 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Maybe he changed his mind?

Sometimes you post and think better of it. I want to keep my Pinside posts positive and really was just trying to say there might be an extra LE at Automated Services.

#9388 4 years ago

Hey, for anyone who was interested in my resolution for audio "pop" at power on, here is a thread I started: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eliminating-the-dc-pop-on-game-power-on

#9389 4 years ago

POTC LE #750 is in the house! Minor box damage, but game looks great. Tonight will be fun!
IMG_4058 (resized).jpegIMG_4058 (resized).jpegIMG_4059 (resized).jpegIMG_4059 (resized).jpeg

#9390 4 years ago

Congrats! Just got 'the call', my LE ships out tomorrow from JJP.

#9391 4 years ago
Quoted from DinoBob:

POTC LE #750 is in the house! Minor box damage, but game looks great. Tonight will be fun!

Wow they are really wrapping them nicely now.

#9392 4 years ago

And hopefully this translates to two thing....

Happy new POTC owners.

And Wonka gettin' his candy coated ass on the line sooooon!

#9393 4 years ago

I was fixing to say mine wasnt wrapped like that

#9394 4 years ago

Mine was supposed to ship today, but I haven’t gotten confirmation that it did yet. Was hoping to have it for the long weekend but that’s not likely. I’ll just have to burn some vacation days from work

#9395 4 years ago

POTC LE 750 is finally up and running. Game arrived in excellent condition. One connection came loose in the backbox and between the diag screen and Pinside it took all of 5 minutes to diagnose and fix. I knew it was going to be heavy, but wow.. this thing is a beast.
IMG_4064 (resized).jpegIMG_4064 (resized).jpegIMG_4066 (resized).jpegIMG_4066 (resized).jpeg

#9396 4 years ago

What is the best way to proceed in order to remove the chest? Thanks for any info!

#9397 4 years ago

I haven’t been able to play/ evaluate this game yet. I know LE’s are gone or scarce. Is the Standard really that much lesser of a model than the LE? From the matrix, it seems not. Thanks

#9398 4 years ago

Only you can decide if the game is for you. The Standard is every bit as fun as the LE in my opinion.

Quoted from Budman:

I haven’t been able to play/ evaluate this game yet. I know LE’s are gone or scarce. Is the Standard really that much lesser of a model than the LE? From the matrix, it seems not. Thanks

#9399 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

The only thing you're losing that cannot be added, is the color changing GI. I purchased an LE because the value for the extra 1k was there with the extras. I don't think I could add them all for less then that, though there are some things I could live without. I say get the standard and add whatever you want to it, I doubt you'll regret it.

#9400 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I purchased an SE, really wanted an LE, but have had it 2 weeks now and love it. The big differences; powder coat armor (I don't care), invisiglass (don't want -then I'd want it on all my machines and not paying $300 each), shaker motor (purchased from JJP for $130), star map LEDs (I added a LED light strip to back and looks good), Rock formation and character spinning pop bumper (do miss these, but bought Jack Sparrow figure to mod), and the big one...RBG lighting on GIs, this I miss, as I do like the light shows of RBG on the streaming, but in the end you get use to it.

I was going to change some of the white GIs to blue and red to create a good effect, didn't realize JJP wasn't simple bulb LEDs. Don't know if anyone knows how to change their LEDs out?

I then added $1000 in mods, shaker motor, art blades, etc. and I am very happy with the machine, at least I got one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 188 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/188?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.