Can we take a moment to appreciate some of the awesome things about this game?
- The Kevin McNally callouts have so many varieties of each which greatly minimizes repetition.
- The David Thiel music is outstanding and also has a ton of variety. I honestly don’t miss the OST one bit.
- The 22 characters offer a ton of different ways to play the game that are markedly different.
- The video mode is infrequent enough to be exciting when it happens, and the outcomes are well varied.
- The shots are all fair and makeable.
- The Devil’s Triangle and Extra Ball shots feel so good when you nail them.
- Blowing up the ship is still not old!
- Stacking multiballs still quickens my pulse.
- The wizard modes are still special and exciting when you achieve them.