(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 378.
#9301 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

You might just reach out to a large distributor such as Pinballs.com and ask to be on their list for cancellations. My JJPOTCLE is literally in the last batch and I'm going over to Portland to play one tomorrow. I have only had a few games on a prototype from TPF in 2018 and thought it was great at that time, but want to dive in a little more before final payment is requested. These pictures of playfield chipping are actually very concerning. My 25 year old TZ is perfect, with various sized posts. It seems to me that JJP should have Mirco do another run of CE and LE/Standard playfields, with an improved clearcoat process. If you have seen Christopher Hutchins' work(High End Pins), you will know it is very possible to do excellent clear in this day and age. The playfields could be offered at cost to current owners with problems, bundled with posts that do not skewer the playfields. That would preserve the value of these machines.

What this guy said!

#9302 4 years ago

Few things I have noticed:

1) The Marty target (and the other spinner), need to be hit a couple of times before they register as being collected in a chapter
2) The gate next to the "I" in the pirate lanes has stopped the ball coming out of the "P" lane and rolled down to the trough. Almost feel like taking this gate out. I guess it's there to make nudging harder out of the "I" lane
3) Had to adjust Tortuga hole deflector as it was hitting on the very tip of the left flipper. Now it ejects onto the bottom quarter of the left flipper.
4) Pirate targets do not stack, grab them before you light a new set.

#9303 4 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

I second that. This would be a great addition.
I am thinking this might happen more often when the magnets are “hot” and need to cool down. When I get an SDTM it usually is with little to no pull of the magnet from post. There are times there is a lot of pull and other times there isn’t much; more often after a few games and multiballs. Other root cause could be timing; the ball hung up by the post while magnet is “pulling” due to ball sitting low against the rubber (ie worn rubber).

Third this. Doesn't happen often, but always at the key moment. Also would love to see one if three characters add grace period to the wizard modes. Now I'm getting there more often, I'd like to see a character that has an effect on these.

#9304 4 years ago

Yesterday did not drain from star map select. Today happened 10 times out of 30 games. Seems to be on left of post. No wear on rubber. Magnet just throws the ball straight up lethargically. Really irritating. Here are my levels. Keefer, please oh please change. I know I’m going on about that 2 second ball save, but today happened so many times.

1ED9473B-DC0B-4FDF-96FD-E9F9BB42AFB7 (resized).jpeg1ED9473B-DC0B-4FDF-96FD-E9F9BB42AFB7 (resized).jpeg77F2CF1C-B568-4182-807B-CB8A32E43FFE (resized).jpeg77F2CF1C-B568-4182-807B-CB8A32E43FFE (resized).jpeg7CC4F05C-CF61-46BC-A1EB-9472983678E9 (resized).jpeg7CC4F05C-CF61-46BC-A1EB-9472983678E9 (resized).jpeg
#9305 4 years ago

Enjoying .99 and looking forward to the 1.x release! One thing I would like to see added is an animated or at least more featured LE / CE numbered screen. Currently LE / CE game numbers are displayed on a blank screen.

Also, a sound effect and / or callout when chapter modes are completed would be great to hear!

#9306 4 years ago

Attract mode pirate music
Depths and Bayou more fanfare, really anything besides obscure scoring. Those two shots are not integrated to the game much.
Ball save out of chapter select, drain with no switches hit should be saved from Davey Jones Locker!

My wishlist!

Edit - one more addition

How about some Davey Jones ship action featuring the triple cannon being fired!

#9307 4 years ago

any date estimate on the new code?

#9308 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Arrrrrrrr!!! I love the new character traits! Really impressed with the addition of the constellation for Carina too - perfectly fitting for that character in the movie. Can tell a lot of good thought went into the traits for all of the characters. Still loving this game and playing just about every day!!!

That's cool. Then I could study the star map and figure out what I'm looking at.

I thought the starmap adjustment in the menu helped with reading it, but apparently the adjustment has to do with ease/difficulty of the corresponding shot.?

#9309 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That's cool. Then I could study the star map and figure out what I'm looking at.
I thought the starmap adjustment in the menu helped with reading it, but apparently the adjustment has to do with ease/difficulty of the corresponding shot.?

I think the starmap menu adjustment changes how quickly/slowly the lights flash together to make the image they're forming on the map easier or more difficult to visualize. Going one direction in the menu adjustment makes it so more lights are on at once and you can more easily see what the image is. Opposite for the other direction. I think I remember seeing or reading something about scoring related to constellations being decreased if you adjust the map to the easier side of default.

#9310 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I think the starmap menu adjustment changes how quickly/slowly the lights flash together to make the image they're forming on the map easier or more difficult to visualize. Going one direction in the menu adjustment makes it so more lights are on at once and you can more easily see what the image is. Opposite for the other direction. I think I remember seeing or reading something about scoring related to constellations being decreased if you adjust the map to the easier side of default.

That's what I originally thought as well. I turned mine down to level 5. I think it may have made fewer lights blink at once. I don't know, I still can't see any type of pattern. I thought I saw the number 3 last night. I got excited that I may have seen something, so I shot the 3x standup. Nope. Wasn't it. haha.

#9311 4 years ago

My LE is out for delivery today!!! Pumped

#9312 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That's what I originally thought as well. I turned mine down to level 5. I think it may have made fewer lights blink at once. I don't know, I still can't see any type of pattern. I thought I saw the number 3 last night. I got excited that I may have seen something, so I shot the 3x standup. Nope. Wasn't it. haha.

2-6x constellations will flash 5 lights in an X pattern in 2-6 places. Those constellations are the ones I can always pick out.

#9313 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

My LE is out for delivery today!!! Pumped

Sounds like someone is going to have an AWESOME weekend! Congrats.

#9314 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yesterday did not drain from star map select. Today happened 10 times out of 30 games. Seems to be on left of post. No wear on rubber. Magnet just throws the ball straight up lethargically. Really irritating. Here are my levels. Keefer, please oh please change. I know I’m going on about that 2 second ball save, but today happened so many times.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does the chapter select magnet have a power setting, and if so is it at default, or lower?
Mine is really good about giving it a good yank.

#9315 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sounds like someone is going to have an AWESOME weekend! Congrats.

Guessing somebody is going to get a large order

#9316 4 years ago

No power settings for magnets I do not think

#9317 4 years ago

Glad this post is finally focused on the great game-play and code. I used to think that there were only a few characters who could be of any use, focusing on Tia Dama and Blackbeard. But today tried Cynthia and got my highest score ever, well over 2 million, so can only assume that extra time is more important than I thought. 65 souls collected (although won 30 of those at Liars Dice) May actually stop being so boring and try my hand at a few different strategies. Also ended the game by playing Liars Dice and betting my final ball against an extra ball(couldn't walk away) and lost to 5 - 2's - No pinball game like this for variation.

#9318 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

... But today tried Cynthia and got my highest score ever, well over 2 million, so can only assume that extra time is more important than I thought. ...

Carina

Yep - longer timers is a good thing!

#9319 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

No power settings for magnets I do not think

Yeah, I wasn't sure. I can't imagine why he has such SDTM issues on the star map then. I get that maybe one in 100 times or less. I can't say I've never seen it, but 99.99% of the time it's fine.

#9320 4 years ago

Question - Should ramps be covered under warranty after 6 months or so? I guess the question is, should ramps break after 6 months?

Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah, I wasn't sure. I can't imagine why he has such SDTM issues on the star map then. I get that maybe one in 100 times or less. I can't say I've never seen it, but 99.99% of the time it's fine.

I am wondering if it all might be closely related to the worn rubber. I have the worn rubber and have experienced the STDM phenomenon a few times. I think the ball is offset just enough that it lines up with the gap.

#9321 4 years ago

Bringing the official jjpotc mover home. Also met a nice dog.

20190517_121339 (resized).jpg20190517_121339 (resized).jpg20190517_121341 (resized).jpg20190517_121341 (resized).jpg
#9322 4 years ago

It's here! And even mind boggled I didn't know my number and holy sh$t I got #1 Time to get it home

20190517_135729.jpg20190517_135729.jpg
#9323 4 years ago

Glad to see people getting their machines. I think mine is supposed to ship today. Not sure how many are left to ship but they have to be getting close to the end!

#9324 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Also ended the game by playing Liars Dice and betting my final ball against an extra ball(couldn't walk away) and lost to 5 - 2's - No pinball game like this for variation.

That is awesome! A good reason why I plunked down stupid money on this game. The variety is really nuts.

#9325 4 years ago

I noticed that the foam pads were removed on 3 of my spot targets. Is everyone's machine like this?

I also noticed that there is no mylar on the playfield where the ball exits the wireform and falls into the inlanes.

DSC_4334 (resized).JPGDSC_4334 (resized).JPGDSC_4335 (resized).JPGDSC_4335 (resized).JPG
#9326 4 years ago

Foam pads removed from behind 3 standing targets is by design

#9327 4 years ago

Thanks Pinballomatic

#9328 4 years ago

Does anyone know what size lock is being used in the backbox?

I was thinking about replacing it with a black lock.

#9329 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Does anyone know what size lock is being used in the backbox?
I was thinking about replacing it with a black lock.

Yours isn't black? Mine is.

It's not in the schematics but I think this is it: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LKA58BK

#9331 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Yours isn't black? Mine is.
It's not in the schematics but I think this is it: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LKA58BK

Nope, my lock has the chrome finish

#9332 4 years ago

Mine is also chrome. It's a standard 7/8" lock. I bought a 4 pack on amazon, as occasionally I have had to replace a lock.

#9333 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Mine is also chrome. It's a standard 7/8" lock. I bought a 4 pack on amazon, as occasionally I have had to replace a lock.

You sure 7/8? It seems like 5/8 is the most common backbox lock
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-backbox-lock-keys-only.html

The only 7/8" ones I found are chrome.

#9334 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

It's here! And even mind boggled I didn't know my number and holy sh$t I got #1 Time to get it home
[quoted image]

Oooh neato! I kind of wonder if they left #1 for the last one produced? Given these have all been random, unless requested, this seems a bit too coincidental to not maybe be last on the line....

#9335 4 years ago

Sale pending for POTC CE - $11,900!

#9336 4 years ago

And NO...it's NOT mine!

=D

#9337 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

And NO...it's NOT mine!
=D

Hey, not sure if you know but you can edit your last post. Sort of a nice thing to do when slapping multiple posts down in a row.

#9338 4 years ago

Although I've been waiting for my Cliffys before I played my 1st game, I couldn't resist temptation. I've decided to play a few games. Even though I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing, I can see what all the fuss is about.

Holy cow!!!....this machine is going to be FUN!!!

#9339 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Although I've been waiting for my Cliffys before I played my 1st game, I couldn't resist temptation. I've decided to play a few games. Even though I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing, I can see what all the fuss is about.

YES!!!!!!

#9340 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

There is mylar around the cliffy areas. I have over 2000 plays (6500+ balls) on mine without visible wear yet. You can afford to play until the cliffy's arrive

#9341 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Sooooo ... do you have the clear plastic protectors ready for us yet?

#9342 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Sooooo ... do you have the clear plastic protectors ready for us yet?

LOL

I'm hoping to start on that soon. My method of manufacturing is a little more involved compared to cutting them out on a laser. I'm still having to focus on the "real work" that I have in the machine shop.

#9343 4 years ago

You sure 7/8? It seems like 5/8 is the most common backbox lock
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-backbox-lock-keys-only.html
The only 7/8" ones I found are chrome.

Unless JJP changed sizes. I literally just put a 7/8” into my WOZ backbox today. Edit: I think you’re right. I have a 5/8” too and now I’m not sure I remember which I put in but I’m guessing it was the 5/8” lol.

#9344 4 years ago

Hey, not sure if you know but you can edit your last post. Sort of a nice thing to do when slapping multiple posts down in a row.

I’m this instance...it was done on purpose.

I was trying to be deceptive. =P

#9345 4 years ago

For those who asked about "the tank", here are some pictures. It's a little heavy, but it slowly treads the machine up and down the stairs.

20190517_175348 (resized).jpg20190517_175348 (resized).jpg20190517_175356 (resized).jpg20190517_175356 (resized).jpg20190517_175401 (resized).jpg20190517_175401 (resized).jpg20190517_175416 (resized).jpg20190517_175416 (resized).jpg
#9346 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

For those who asked about "the tank", here are some pictures. It's a little heavy, but it slowly treads the machine up and down the stairs.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How'd that work out for ya, or have you yet to use it? How much moooohlah?

#9347 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

How'd that work out for ya, or have you yet to use it? How much moooohlah?

I've used it on pins before and liked it a lot. Was $500. I will post a video as well to show how well it works.

#9348 4 years ago

My wife and I still play this game dozens of times every single day. I have to schedule maintenance events around her work so I don’t incur any downtime when she wants to play it.

#9349 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My wife and I still play this game dozens of times every single day. I have to schedule maintenance events around her work so I don’t incur any downtime when she wants to play it.

What does the GC score look like?

#9350 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

What does the GC score look like?

Well, it was around 2.3M before the update.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 187 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/187?hl=gamerrick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.