(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 378.
#9201 4 years ago

Could we ah, keep the washer/postgate talk in the dedicated thread pretty please?

#9203 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Hey. Stupid question What does the Left Turnaround Loop Diverter Assembly do ? Does this put the ball in the depths rather than coming out the Devil’s Triangle? I think I’ve seen it move after hitting a bullseye? Sorry if this has been discussed. I did search.

Bump

#9204 4 years ago

I just figured out that the map and other things that obscure the screen aren't actually chewing up the gold timer. You can still collect gold even if you can't see them on the screen. In that mode, when you hit the gold button and COLLECT gold the flashers on the playfield will flash white until you collect the last piece when they will flash RED. Pretty nifty. Only took me a month to make the connection.

#9205 4 years ago

Got the email, my game ships tomorrow!

#9206 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just figured out that the map and other things that obscure the screen aren't actually chewing up the gold timer. You can still collect gold even if you can't see them on the screen. In that mode, when you hit the gold button and COLLECT gold the flashers on the playfield will flash white until you collect the last piece when they will flash RED. Pretty nifty. Only took me a month to make the connection.

Nice! I wondered about this, I would just hit the button because why not.. maybe it works, but I never paid enough attention. Good to know!

#9207 4 years ago

Lol, I think Joe must be kinda tired:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9208 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Excellent ! Glad for you !

LTG : )

#9209 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Mine shipped yesterday. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

#9210 4 years ago

Very happy for the waiters who are finally getting their machines, show us your unboxing pics!

#9211 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Very happy for the waiters who are finally getting their machines, show us your unboxing pics!

I even bought an appliance dolly to get her down my six steps. I call it the tank.

Screenshot_20190422-132018_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190422-132018_Chrome (resized).jpg
#9212 4 years ago

Here is an updated post which brings together all the information I know (which others have posted) about the sling post cracking/dimpling: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-/page/7#post-4996369

#9213 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I even bought an appliance dolly to get her down my six steps. I call it the tank.
[quoted image]

You will absolutely not regret that!

#9214 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Mine shipped yesterday. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

What time should I be there with cash? You really should not open it with all these problems that have been talked about soooooo much.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/potc-who-has-playfield-dimples-cracking-wear-around-star-posts-/page/7#post-4996369

#9215 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Hey. Stupid question What does the Left Turnaround Loop Diverter Assembly do ? Does this put the ball in the depths rather than coming out the Devil’s Triangle? I think I’ve seen it move after hitting a bullseye? Sorry if this has been discussed. I did search.

Yes, I think you're correct that the diverter has the ball come out the depths instead of back out the Devil's Triangle opening. I think it diverts into the same hole as the Maelstrom funnel.

#9216 4 years ago

I got the call today also! My last house had a wide sidewalk you could back the truck right up to the front door and slide a pin right in... now we have 6 concrete steps to deal with - I hate this friggen house!

#9217 4 years ago

Anyone know how far behind Cliffy is running right now for orders? I ordered mine late march.

#9218 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Anyone know how far behind Cliffy is running right now for orders? I ordered mine late march.

Is it this set in particular? He shipped out my set of JP protectors a few days ago, like the same day I paid.

#9219 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

[quoted image]

Can you please PM me any info on this. Never seen that one.

#9220 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Is it this set in particular? He shipped out my set of JP protectors a few days ago, like the same day I paid.

If he has them already made in stock he ships right away. JJP he has to make.

#9221 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

2 or so months last time I talked to him in March, you should be getting close. Drop him an email, make his day. :!

#9222 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

If he has them already made in stock he ships right away. JJP he has to make.

Ahh.. dang.

#9223 4 years ago

So, while I was inspecting my game for other post damage I came upon some disappointing news. Looks like the ramp protector isn't doing a good enough job

... I mean... common... after 8 months? sigh. It's also a bit disappointing that these ramps are hella thin compared to repros I just bought for my TOM. Guess I'm emailing Shannan now asking for some prices.

Gonna ask about a decal set too... because, ugh.
0515192041 (resized).jpg0515192041 (resized).jpg0515192043a (resized).jpg0515192043a (resized).jpg

Looks like the decal set is $29 and the plastics are $79, not bad actually. Going to order both. Hopefully the ramp isn't too bad.

#9224 4 years ago

Has anyone noticed (I mentioned this before) a ball with a good amount of speed going around the left orbit getting air and coming over the starmap? I think a related situation that others may have noticed (and I did as well) is the right loop or right orbit shot sometimes getting pushed into the BP when there isn't a reason for it to. I believe the issue are the cutouts in the ball guides for the optos. Does that make sense? It sure looks like the ball could easily make contact with them and they seem large enough that the "footprint" of the ball on the guide could make contact with the hole and redirect the ball.

Anyone care to comment?

I wonder if mylar could be used to cover them, will that affect the function of the opto? Maybe that isn't clear enough.

0515192048 (resized).jpg0515192048 (resized).jpg
#9225 4 years ago

So, while I was inspecting my game for other post damage I came upon some disappointing news. Looks like the ramp protector isn't doing a good enough job
... I mean... common... after 8 months? sigh. It's also a bit disappointing that these ramps are hella thin compared to repros I just bought for my TOM. Guess I'm emailing Shannan now asking for some prices.
Gonna ask about a decal set too... because, ugh.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Looks like the decal set is $29 and the plastics are $79, not bad actually. Going to order both. Hopefully the ramp isn't too bad.

Yeah, the ramps are very thin plastic. Noticed that right off the bat.

#9226 4 years ago

Has anyone noticed (I mentioned this before) a ball with a good amount of speed going around the left orbit getting air and coming over the starmap? I think a related situation that others may have noticed (and I did as well) is the right loop or right orbit shot sometimes getting pushed into the BP when there isn't a reason for it to. I believe the issue are the cutouts in the ball guides for the optos. Does that make sense? It sure looks like the ball could easily make contact with them and they seem large enough that the "footprint" of the ball on the guide could make contact with the hole and redirect the ball.
Anyone care to comment?
I wonder if mylar could be used to cover them, will that affect the function of the opto? Maybe that isn't clear enough.
[quoted image]

Yikes! Putting a cutout in the guide at ball height is a fail of pinball 101! Have you run a ball over it by hand to see if it connects?

#9227 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yikes! Putting a cutout in the guide at ball height is a fail of pinball 101! Have you run a ball over it by hand to see if it connects?

Zoom in and you can see the marks on the rail. The ball is extremely close. I think only when it gets enough speed does it ride up the rail just a bit so it can come in contact.

Wonder if this is what might have dinged up some of the balls posted here versus the t-nut in the map hole.

In fact, you can definitely see where the trail on the rail goes over the hole. That can't be good.

#9228 4 years ago

Zoom in and you can see the marks on the rail. The ball is extremely close. I think only when it gets enough speed does it ride up the rail just a bit so it can come in contact.
Wonder if this is what might have dinged up some of the balls posted here versus the t-nut in the map hole.
In fact, you can definitely see where the trail on the rail goes over the hole. That can't be good.

That orbit works great for me, consistently. Maybe it is the angle of attack on your shooter lane? I had to play with that a bit to get it where I wanted it.’

I can take you an overhead pic tomorrow that you can use for aiming and see if it improves things.

Also make sure the coil strength on the autoplunge is default.

#9229 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That orbit works great for me, consistently. Maybe it is the angle of attack on your shooter lane? I had to play with that a bit to get it where I wanted it.’
I can take you an overhead pic tomorrow that you can use for aiming and see if it improves things.
Also make sure the coil strength on the autoplunge is default.

There are two opto cutouts, left and right. The issue happens in different locations (left and right) completely unrelated to shooting the ball. Only happens with flipper shots. Left opto cutout seems to send the ball over the chapter select plastic and right seems to kick it into the BP. Look at your loop.

#9230 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes, I think you're correct that the diverter has the ball come out the depths instead of back out the Devil's Triangle opening. I think it diverts into the same hole as the Maelstrom funnel.

Thanks EaglePin! I feel a bit embarrassed I posted this. I went back to the manual and you can indeed see it can divert from the Devil’s Triangle half loop to the depths, and yes that scoop is bigger under the maelstrom to accomodate. I asked because I saw it move after I got a bullseye. And I thought “what’s that moving for”. Too much going on and I’m lazy. It is such a cool game. It’s like when I walk up to it I think “what will I try for now?”. And other times you can just follow the flow of the game. So good.

#9231 4 years ago

Anyone care to comment?

I don’t have this happen, but it has jumped the maelstrom over towards the map hole. Last time I got a hole in 1!!! Gave me an award just to cap it off.

#9232 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I don’t have this happen, but it has jumped the maelstrom over towards the map hole. Last time I got a hole in 1!!! Gave me an award just to cap it off.

Check your flipper coil power. I had the same issues when my flippers were up too high.

#9233 4 years ago

What settings do you have for them?

#9234 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Couldn't tell you now, too late here. I think at, or below, stock.

#9235 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought the flasher next to the mystery hole flashed
White - No gold to collect
Yellow- gold available to collect
Red - time running out for gold to collect

I use that as an indicator of gold available rather than have to look up at the screen

#9236 4 years ago

There are two opto cutouts, left and right. The issue happens in different locations (left and right) completely unrelated to shooting the ball. Only happens with flipper shots. Left opto cutout seems to send the ball over the chapter select plastic and right seems to kick it into the BP. Look at your loop.

I have some partial pics from when I took the Pearl off. You can see the right opto cutout and the trails.

IMG_0954 2.jpegIMG_0954 2.jpegIMG_0955 2.jpegIMG_0955 2.jpeg
#9237 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can you please PM me any info on this. Never seen that one.

I'll send more info tomorrow when I pick it up. It's a unique dolly and is great for pins in particular

#9238 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I ordered 2 sets (AFMr and MMr) March 11 and still waiting. Though I did change my order (from MMr to Pirates) April 24.

#9239 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Default values are in green.

#9240 4 years ago

The ramp is the perfect size for Freeplay40 to reproduce

#9241 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Default values are in green.

Thanks, I saw that when I was adjusting slings.

Thanks Harry on advice about flippers. I was hesitating to dial them down because of misses to the star map and the chest. I took them both down by 3 and I can still make every shot. A lot less air balls. Could have saved myself a lot of dimpling if I’d turned it down sooner!

Had a look under the chest and realised it funnels in, anything but a perfect shot can rattle around in there. Also was getting quite a lot of balls into star map without quite hitting the stand up targets. Was confused because I thought it detected the ball was in there since the magnet moved it around but no gate goes up. I realise I have to hit the targets for the gate to trap it, but it seems the magnet is always active??

#9242 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Had a look under the chest and realised it funnels in, anything but a perfect shot can rattle around in there. Also was getting quite a lot of balls into star map without quite hitting the stand up targets. Was confused because I thought it detected the ball was in there since the magnet moved it around but no gate goes up. I realise I have to hit the targets for the gate to trap it, but it seems the magnet is always active??

Correct on both counts. The chest takes a good solid dead on shot to work, and the map similarly needs enough power to hit the back.
You will find Devil's Triangle also takes a very solid shot to launch the Dead Men multiball.

All this is part of the challenge and I have not adjusted my flipper power at all to stay inline with it.

#9243 4 years ago

Just called to check on the status of mine, it's supposed to ship tomorrow!

#9244 4 years ago

You might have to turn down your flippers. My orbits are always smooth, never any air balls.

#9245 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You might have to turn down your flippers. My orbits are always smooth, never any air balls.

Already turned down, going to check what they are set at. It's hard enough to make the chest now as it is. The airballs seem to be caused by something the ball is hitting... think about the trajectory that has to happen for a ball going around the left orbit to be shot over the chapter select plastic. Something has to greatly impact the direction of the ball for that to happen. They are definitely clean shots. I'll check the settings for sure, but I doubt it is related to power.. it happens with right flipper and upper left going in either direction, it seems.

I am going to add mylar over the holes to see if the optos still work and see how that affects the ball. I am just a shadetree tinkerer but I think there is definitely some validity to this especially when you see how the ball trail overlaps the opto cutout.

#9246 4 years ago

Getting ready to install the cliffy's, Any pics around of the correct install for the outlane switches? And pics of the other installed protectors are helpful.

thanks

#9247 4 years ago

Already turned down, going to check what they are set at. It's hard enough to make the chest now as it is. The airballs seem to be caused by something the ball is hitting... think about the trajectory that has to happen for a ball going around the left orbit to be shot over the chapter select plastic. Something has to greatly impact the direction of the ball for that to happen. They are definitely clean shots. I'll check the settings for sure, but I doubt it is related to power.. it happens with right flipper and upper left going in either direction, it seems.
I am going to add mylar over the holes to see if the optos still work and see how that affects the ball. I am just a shadetree tinkerer but I think there is definitely some validity to this especially when you see how the ball trail overlaps the opto cutout.

Check that the "helper" post that pops out of the playfield to the left of the chest is level with the playfield when in the donw position. On mine after a lot of play the screw that adjusts the post height tends to move a bit causing that area to not be even at which point the balls can catch air as they go over it.

#9248 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Check that the "helper" post that pops out of the playfield to the left of the chest is level with the playfield when in the donw position. On mine after a lot of play the screw that adjusts the post height tends to move a bit causing that area to not be even at which point the balls can catch air as they go over it.

Thanks, both posts are below playfield height.... BUT I could see that divot in the playfield where the post sinks in causing the ball to skip, riding up on the rail and hitting the opto cutout. I am almost 100% sure that the cutout is doing it.. I need a slowmo camera to catch it really. Considering it happens on both sides (is what I'm suggesting) it really makes a lot of sense, but I have almost no proof since I can't see it happen. But I inspected the area so much thinking I'd find a little "blip" in the playfield or ball guide that is causing it. It's quite telling when the ball shoots right out over the chapter select plastic.

You can sort of see in this shot the post is below the playfield. I mean, maybe I raise it up to be flush with the playfield...

0514192046 (resized).jpg0514192046 (resized).jpg
#9249 4 years ago

Check the height of the left orbit post and make sure it's flush.

#9250 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Getting ready to install the cliffy's, Any pics around of the correct install for the outlane switches? And pics of the other installed protectors are helpful.
thanks

I've heard the installing the switch protectors is best like an "n" rather than a "u" due to more coverage of the slot up top that way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/185?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.