(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 378.
#9151 4 years ago
30yl10 (resized).jpg30yl10 (resized).jpg
#9152 4 years ago

must..remain..patient... I think most everyone should hear this week correct? Not sure how many they can pump out on the small line.

#9153 4 years ago

Metallica surpassed Pirates!

What is this MADNESS!!!

#9154 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

What is this MADNESS!!!

Metallica is one of those games I need to play more. I really don't know the rules outside of sparky multiball. Lots of people love it though.

#9155 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's a different comparison. Everything pre early 2000s when they changed the environmental rules to outlaw use of the harsh chemicals that made diamondplate and (better) clearcoats was better. Then in 2008 the playfield wood blanks were thrown into disarray (according to the timeline from CPR), so there's a double whammy. Even if you buy the best playfield blanks, your clear is still inferior to the better stuff that harmed the environment.

Great info. Thanks for this. Makes sense. I wonder if anyone in a different industry who needed a rock hard clearcoat figured a way to do it even with the new restrictions. Is the clear on PFs similar to auto clear I wonder.

#9156 4 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Metallica is one of those games I need to play more. I really
don't know the rules outside of sparky multiball. Lots of people
love it though.

its one of those games that gets deeper and better the more you play and understand it. can be brutally fast too!

#9157 4 years ago

I played it ... on site.

Was freaking amazing!

Sparky is just awesome! haha

Rumor has it .. JJPs next title announced will be Guns N' Roses and from the same designer who did Pirates so brace yourself for that...

#9158 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Great info. Thanks for this. Makes sense. I wonder if anyone in
a different industry who needed a rock hard clearcoat figured a way
to do it even with the new restrictions. Is the clear on PFs
similar to auto clear I wonder.

Honestly...I think it is. Feel like it was mentioned somewhere in either TNA thread or vid's famous waxing thread...or both!

#9159 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I've been testing with the extra 12v connectors in the backbox
or by the coin door. My WOZ had a lighting kit from
pinball-lights.com or something which took the 12v from the coin
door and stepped it down to 6v. I didn't see a need to do that with
additional spotlights (might as well stick to the 12v JJP used) and
I am only adding a small load to the other 12v circuits so I can't
imagine that would be a problem. At most, two strips of RGB (one
for chest and one for backboard).

Backbox is fine to use.

#9160 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Metallica is a fine game, deserving of its spot in the top 10. Pirates is suffering recently from some troll ratings, like the guy that rated it a 2. I can't see how someone played a working example of this game and found it to be only worthy of a 2?

#9161 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Metallica is a fine game, deserving of its spot in the top 10. Pirates is suffering recently from some troll ratings, like the guy that rated it a 2. I can't see how someone played a working example of this game and found it to be only worthy of a 2?

Be sure to report the troll ratings.

#9162 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

unfortunately if he/she played it on location there is a decent chance it wasn't working 100% as intended.

weather a rating should be based on that is up for debate... but Pirates is definitely a game that needs to be dialed in to be fully enjoyed.

#9163 4 years ago

A “2” !???

Smh..

#9164 4 years ago

Put my sling posts in. Had a few games, then this happened:

F4957536-9A31-45D9-BE7E-F713675ACA1D (resized).jpegF4957536-9A31-45D9-BE7E-F713675ACA1D (resized).jpeg537A8BB0-4C0B-4499-B4B9-0F69B1A06F63 (resized).jpeg537A8BB0-4C0B-4499-B4B9-0F69B1A06F63 (resized).jpeg
#9165 4 years ago

Bloody awesome pinball. nuff said.

#9166 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Bloody awesome pinball. nuff said.

Nice! I turned off today's high scores, it was depressing.

#9167 4 years ago

I meant the machine was awesome. I got lucky. I’m finding chapters score the most for me. It is great that you can play the chapters or just do Multiball. Had it for less than 2 weeks. Just such a great machine.

#9168 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I meant the machine was awesome. I got lucky. I’m finding chapters score the most for me. It is great that you can play the chapters or just do Multiball. Had it for less than 2 weeks. Just such a great machine.

Heh yeah, I know, I didn't quote well.

The game is quite multifaceted. Have you played multiplayer and plundered yet?

#9169 4 years ago

Yep. Life lesson on how to piss off your wife on Mother’s Day. She had the shits.

Anyway, we’re talking again now. We love plundering, it just depends who gets plundered!

It is a great mechanic, nice revenge option and lots of fun when more than 2 playing.

#9170 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

She had the shits.

I think that means something different in AUS.

Yeah, it's caused some contempt around here too, lol. Fun stuff!

#9171 4 years ago

Just a quick observation. After applying mylar to the sling post holes I checked out the sling post area under the Black Pearl ramp. Looks fine. I noticed that JJP also used the clear washers under the two posts in that area and a thin clear washer under the star post. Game is a 2/4 built LE.

#9172 4 years ago

My best game so far..
I had all the treasures but didn't know what to shoot to collect. Anybody know?

20190514_195716 (resized).jpg20190514_195716 (resized).jpg
#9173 4 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

My best game so far..
I had all the treasures but didn't know what to shoot to collect. Anybody know?[quoted image]

Tortuga hole!

#9174 4 years ago

Hey. Stupid question What does the Left Turnaround Loop Diverter Assembly do ? Does this put the ball in the depths rather than coming out the Devil’s Triangle? I think I’ve seen it move after hitting a bullseye? Sorry if this has been discussed. I did search.

#9175 4 years ago

What level is common for shaker motor? I set mine to high, didn't feel like I was getting much out of medium due to the heft of this machine. Also, any concern with loosening parts at a high setting?

#9176 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

What level is common for shaker motor? I set mine to high, didn't feel like I was getting much out of medium due to the heft of this machine. Also, any concern with loosening parts at a high setting?

Hmm...this would explain why AFMr feels quite a bit more intense - lighter machine.

TURN IT UP!

It'll be alright...

=)

#9177 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Hmm...this would explain why AFMr feels quite a bit more intense - lighter machine.
TURN IT UP!
It'll be alright...
=)

Except that the software warns you that turning it up too high is at your own risk. Not advised. Mine is at default.

#9178 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

TURN IT UP!
It'll be alright...
=)

I mainly ask because I've been blowing f713 fuse, which controls shaker motor, start light, and map turning motor. Spoke with JJP and doing some trouble shooting. It's an SE so I added the shaker motor (purchased from JJP) and started having the problem.

#9179 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

TURN IT UP!
It'll be alright...
=)

Dont worry he will help you fix it if something happens.

#9180 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Except that the software warns you that turning it up too high is at your own risk. Not advised. Mine is at default.

Is this because of shaking parts/mechs or added power load?

#9181 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Fair point.

Mine is too.

I didn't realize it was a big deal so much so that the game has to warn you about it. =/

#9182 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Fair point.
Mine is too.
I didn't realize it was a big deal so much so that the game has to warn you about it. =/

The software has lots of helpful warnings. For example, turning the gain too high can cause clipping.

#9183 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The software has lots of helpful warnings. For example, turning the gain too high can cause clipping.

I didn't touch it!! =D

#9184 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I didn't touch it!! =D

Yeah but not everything leaves the factory set perfectly.

Case in point, a friend’s machine was having Pearl VUK problems. Checked the power and it was substantially below default. Setting it to default fixed them.

Every machine is slightly different which is why the coil/gain/etc settings exist.

#9185 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah but not everything leaves the factory set perfectly.
Case in point, a friend’s machine was having Pearl VUK problems. Checked the power and it was substantially below default. Setting it to default fixed them.
Every machine is slightly different which is why the coil/gain/etc settings exist.

And I didn't know that machines could leave the factory at not default settings. That seems odd to me.
Nonetheless...

I promise to check this. I don't want to turn the machine on just yet because the BP is still disconnected.

#9186 4 years ago

My POTC LE is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

With all of these recent postings of playfield damage, I'm almost afraid to open the box.

#9187 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

With all of these recent postings of playfield damage, I'm almost afraid to open the box.

Want to sell it?

#9188 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

You’ll likely have the washers installed from the factory. I wouldn’t worry much.

You may eventually end up with some rippling but doubtful with the washers in place from day 1 that it cracks and chips.

Enjoy the game!

#9189 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You’ll likely have the washers installed from the factory. I wouldn’t worry much.
You may eventually end up with some rippling but doubtful with the washers in place from day 1 that it cracks and chips.
Enjoy the game!

It may grenade when you open the box. I can be there tomorrow morning with cash.

#9190 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Want to sell it?

It'll be interesting to see where the price of used and Nib le's go for now that this batch is done.

#9191 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

It'll be interesting to see where the price of used and Nib le's go for now that this batch is done.

Price going down due to the quality issues... LoL.

I kid, I kid.

#9192 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I kid, I kid.

I applaud your vigilant effort to get a game or deal. Bravo to you! lol

#9193 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

I kid, I kid.

You should hit up joseph5185 and rescue^H^H^H^H^H^Hbuy his.

#9194 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You’ll likely have the washers installed from the factory.

I didnt, got my LE last week. Use the spacers under your plastics. The post with the screw did has a washer, the other two with nuts on them didn't.

I'm in the camp where this doesn't bother me much. If I had paint chipping, I would feel different, but waves in clear or some cracking doesnt bother me. My DI sim card hole had clear chipping, put on a cliffy and it's fine.

#9195 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I applaud your vigilant effort to get a game or deal. Bravo to you! lol

Between the chipped up JJPOTC games and the craptastic Mun (code and now color prem) Pinside has me bit sour.

Disclaimer: I'm a happy B&W Mun Prem owner and JJPOTCLE potential buyer.

#9196 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah, I wish they had auto-leveling built in, or use a 100 point scale and you distribute the points amongst voice, music, f/x, etc (as long as they're normalized in production to known levels) so it was impossible to make a situation where you clip. This is one area where JJP software has always been crappy and there's no excuse for it because there are ways to fix it that are not that complicated.

#9197 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I didnt, got my LE last week. Use the spacers under your plastics. The post with the screw did has a washer, the other two with nuts on them didn't.

Well, that's a new one. A combination of washer/no washer. Is the production line just going rogue at this point? Throwing whatever they have under the posts? I think we've seen at least 4-5 different combinations:

1. No washers
2. Clear, narrow washers under each post
3. Clear, narrow washers under just the screw post
4. Large metal washers under all posts
5. Narrow metal washers under all posts

#9198 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I'm in the camp where this doesn't bother me much. If I had paint chipping, I would feel different, but waves in clear or some cracking doesnt bother me. My DI sim card hole had clear chipping, put on a cliffy and it's fine.

Mine doesn’t have spacers under the plastics.

These guys just put whatever they have laying around on the machine it seems.

Edit - they must have added spacers because the art was getting rubbed off the plastic from the screw head that doesn’t go through.

#9199 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Well, that's a new one. A combination of washer/no washer. Is the production line just going rogue at this point? Throwing whatever they have under the posts? I think we've seen at least 4-5 different combinations:
1. No washers
2. Clear, narrow washers under each post
3. Clear, narrow washers under just the screw post
4. Large metal washers under all posts
5. Narrow metal washers under all posts

All depends on build date it seems. Also, plastic washers may not be needed on the most recently built games if JJP got a different batch of posts in. Still, I would put mylar underneath just to be safe.

2/4 build here with washers under sling posts and lexan washes under star post underneath the Black Pearl ramp.

#9200 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Mine doesn’t have spacers under the plastics.
These guys just put whatever they have laying around on the machine it seems.
Edit - they must have added spacers because the art was getting rubbed off the plastic from the screw head that doesn’t go through.

Sigh. Another issue I have. Others said this is normal... Yet if they put another through metal post this would not have happened and the sling posts may not have moved as much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/184?hl=gamerrick and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.