(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 378.
#9001 4 years ago
Quoted from Daveeb2000:

Just got my NIB SE, two strange things. The good, the back of my backbox is signed by Jack. How many machines get signed on the back? Also the bad, opened up the box got the legs on, opened the coin door, no coin box which means no plugs, balls, nothing.

Wow missing coin box.

Jack signs a lot of pins yea, my JJPOTC LE and WOZ Emerald Green exclusive are both signed.

#9002 4 years ago

Contact JJP, they will make the missing parts right. You might be able to get up and running in the short term with a PC power cable, and bum a set of balls from another local pinhead.

Any more pics? I’ve not really seen the SE and I’m curious on the overall look.

#9003 4 years ago

Jack walks along the final testing area from time to time signing games.

#9004 4 years ago

I took some balls out of my Iron Maiden, found a plug and was good to go. It was missing the screw that holds down the shooter lane, which I had to fix but after reading some of your guys post this seems to be the norm (fixing issues right out of the box)

#9005 4 years ago

Shooter lane out of box

20190510_180822 (resized).jpg20190510_180822 (resized).jpg20190510_181819 (resized).jpg20190510_181819 (resized).jpg
#9006 4 years ago
Quoted from Daveeb2000:

I took some balls out of my Iron Maiden, found a plug and was good to go. It was missing the screw that holds down the shooter lane, which I had to fix but after reading some of your guys post this seems to be the norm (fixing issues right out of the box)

Be careful replacing that screw, you don’t want to strip the threads in the wood. What I was told was to turn the screw counterclockwise until it pops, then_ go clockwise. Did you find the screw in the cabinet somewhere?

#9007 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

There's no plot justification for that, unlike pretty much every other power in the game.
He's getting changed, don't worry...

Very cool; I am definitely not expecting epic code updates given everything, BUT the whole fact you guys are still toiling away making the game better is impressive.

Looking forward to whatever improvements you are cooking up!

#9008 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Contact JJP, they will make the missing parts right. You might be able to get up and running in the short term with a PC power cable, and bum a set of balls from another local pinhead.
Any more pics? I’ve not really seen the SE and I’m curious on the overall look.

I've had my SE for a little over a week now. Overall all I'm happy with it. I've added a bunch of mods. I am going to add Jack Sparrow bop pumper figure, have side art blades shipping. The only thing I am really missing is RBG GIs. I was going to add some red/blues in with the whites, like on my Star Wars which I really like. However, my first JJP and didn't realize they don't use bulbs. Don't know if their lights can be changed?

I also added a shaker motor bought from JJP but it is not working. I will have to call Monday and see if I'm doing anything wrong. Don't know if I'll powder coat, maybe in a while, when the newness wears off.

QNX7HQ0YSdiVFG0tKkmn6g (resized).jpgQNX7HQ0YSdiVFG0tKkmn6g (resized).jpgS%qH+qNEQCGT9u+9qLD2vA (resized).jpgS%qH+qNEQCGT9u+9qLD2vA (resized).jpgjuujoPpyT5WsRE45pG0FTg (resized).jpgjuujoPpyT5WsRE45pG0FTg (resized).jpgw%VGbldBSvm44GukhI2OBw (resized).jpgw%VGbldBSvm44GukhI2OBw (resized).jpgwpYSlpupSxG4aAwoj73VGQ (resized).jpgwpYSlpupSxG4aAwoj73VGQ (resized).jpg
#9009 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Don't know if I'll powder coat, maybe in a while, when the newness wears off.

I actually like the way the stainless looks, so I'd leave it. I think the LE is a worthy upgrade, from a value standpoint, but honestly, the only thing I'd really miss (that can't be added) is the RGB lighting.

#9010 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I actually like the way the stainless looks, so I'd leave it. I think the LE is a worthy upgrade, from a value standpoint, but honestly, the only thing I'd really miss (that can't be added) is the RGB lighting.

I think it looks pretty nice too. The outstanding gameplay is 100% intact which is what matters most!

#9011 4 years ago

I am trying to work with my parrot to fly at me when I get the 666 666 there is not enough going on.

#9013 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

I am trying to work with my parrot to fly at me when I get the 666 666 there is not enough going on.

That is one beautiful bird.

#9014 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

That is one beautiful bird.

Here is a better picture of Rudy.

20181007_102420 (resized).jpg20181007_102420 (resized).jpg
#9015 4 years ago
Quoted from Daveeb2000:

Just got my NIB SE, two strange things. The good, the back of my backbox is signed by Jack. How many machines get signed on the back? Also the bad, opened up the box got the legs on, opened the coin door, no coin box which means no plugs, balls, nothing.

Random for SE/LE AFAIK. If he's around the line, he'll sign the back of some/all that day. I think all the CEs get signed.

#9016 4 years ago

Just attach the stick to the side of your machine. We will call it a live action mod.

#9017 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Just attach the stick to the side of your machine. We will call it a live action mod.

I was going to try and and make him my toper but he would just tear it up.

#9018 4 years ago

I think the white GI brightens up the play field Just like wolfmancat said. I'm fine with it. Don't think u r going to miss the RGB GI. Yes it's cool but nothing like being able to see the ball

Also noticed your spotlight on rocking
ship is turned left

#9019 4 years ago

Also just noticed the lanterns on the ship are RGB now that's cool

#9020 4 years ago

Spot ready for my Pirates LE

20190511_211754.jpg20190511_211754.jpg
#9021 4 years ago

One of my most important mods yet, heh. Had to cut to fit (totally forgot about the switch there) but titan enticed me enough to get them for all my games, mostly for the older ones with messed up locking bar things.

0511191137 (resized).jpg0511191137 (resized).jpg
#9022 4 years ago

Hello everybody,

in the new code, there is still no final wizard mode has anybody an idea when jjp will show up with this one ?
looking so forward to break the curse ...
best reagards
Jürgen

#9023 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Just found a photo from last week. These are the wee washers on the sling posts now, as of 1/21 anyway.
One side had them stuck to all three posts. The other three were loose upon post removal.
[quoted image]

why are these needed

#9024 4 years ago
Quoted from Ben41:

Hello everybody,
in the new code, there is still no final wizard mode has anybody an idea when jjp will show up with this one ?
looking so forward to break the curse ...
best reagards
Jürgen

Are you really getting that far so often that you need this? If so, I will not be playing dollar games with you sir, just tell me in advance and I'll just give you the dollar.

#9025 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

why are these needed

The thinking is supposedly that the washer is less hard than the posts and will reduce cutting/chipping the soft playfields. I don't buy it. I've seen them cut/chipped with that little washer.

#9026 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The thinking is supposedly that the washer is less hard than the posts and will reduce cutting/chipping the soft playfields. I don't buy it. I've seen them cut/chipped with that little washer.

Yes, these seem fairly doomed to ripple or crack regardless of any type of protection....

#9027 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yes, these seem fairly doomed to ripple or crack regardless of any type of protection....

So now we are saying nothing will work?

Mylar, star posts, washers etc...not worth the effort?

#9028 4 years ago

I'm going to take my slings off to see how the washers are doing and report back. With the amount of tension I put on the posts I can't imagine it's dimpling.

On a side note, while Frank has responded letting me know he will get back to me, I have no substantive update from JJP.

#9029 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I'm going to take my slings off to see how the washers are doing and report back. With the amount of tension I put on the posts I can't imagine it's dimpling.
On a side note, while Frank has responded letting me know he will get back to me, I have no substantive update from JJP.

I’ll be contacting my distributor and JJP tomorrow.

To be honest as long as one of these fixes stops what’s happening further then I’m ok with it. But if this continues, that is not acceptable.

#9030 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I really don't know.

I can only say that my upper two posts seem to be starting to ripple, and that was with just over 50 games in. Mine came with the small clear washers around the posts. I've yet to use mylar. Only tried star posts briefly and took them off asap due to impressions being made.

Not sure really which way to go, at this point.

#9031 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If the mylar ring is large enough I think it will be fine. The TNA examples were all much too small mylar rings that were essentially the size of the star post base (which is dumb if they had thought about it, since star posts DO move just a bit, even if properly installed). None of the mylar discs I saw on TNA fails were properly sized to begin with.

The large ones I put on the left sling 3 weeks ago are still all perfect. I just added the not-quite-as-large ones to the right sling last week, so there's a great test bed for which are most effective long-term. I think they will both likely be the same. This situation is very similar to the first run ECLE playfields all over again. This is going on route this week, so it'll have a year's worth of HUO play in the next month or two and should give a result.

#9032 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If the mylar ring is large enough I think it will be fine. The TNA examples were all much too small mylar rings that were essentially the size of the star post base (which is dumb if they had thought about it, since star posts DO move just a bit, even if properly installed). None of the mylar discs I saw on TNA fails were properly sized to begin with.
The large ones I put on the left sling 3 weeks ago are still all perfect. I just added the not-quite-as-large ones to the right sling last week, so there's a great test bed for which are most effective long-term. I think they will both likely be the same. This situation is very similar to the first run ECLE playfields all over again. This is going on route this week, so it'll have a year's worth of HUO play in the next month or two and should give a result.

This is what I found last night.

Which set should I pick up from ya? Gimme the best advice possible Doc/Monk Vireland!

Screenshot_20190512-193556_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190512-193556_Photos (resized).jpg
#9033 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

This is what I found last night.
Which set should I pick up from ya? Gimme the best advice possible Doc/Monk Vireland![quoted image]

It's a little blurry, so I can't tell what's going on there. Is that mylar that's coming up? Or is it clearcoat that's peeling?

And people can make their own. I'm just cutting these out from 3mil bulk mylar sheets - anyone can do it, it's just a pain. But having bulk mylar on hand when you have pinball machines is never a bad thing. It's great for shooter lane protection, too (unneeded for jjPotC because of the metal rails, though).

#9034 4 years ago

I see the ripple and if I had to guess the appearance of a Mylar ring might be the impression from a star post with no washer under it.

#9035 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's a little blurry, so I can't tell what's going on there. Is that mylar that's coming up? Or is it clearcoat that's peeling?
And people can make their own. I'm just cutting these out from 3mil bulk mylar sheets - anyone can do it, it's just a pain. But having bulk mylar on hand when you have pinball machines is never a bad thing. It's great for shooter lane protection, too (unneeded for jjPotC because of the metal rails, though).

I'm guessing it's clearcoat that is flowing a bit in a wave, I'd assume from movement during gameplay.

Screenshot_20190512-195330_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190512-195330_Photos (resized).jpg
#9036 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm guessing it's clearcoat that is flowing a bit in a wave, I'd assume from movement during gameplay.
[quoted image]

It’s pretty much what mine looked like and then the ripple literally flaked right off!

#9037 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s pretty much what mine looked like and then the ripple literally flaked right off!

Jesus.....

#9038 4 years ago
0D6A4863-735E-4947-940E-9FF6B38DE908 (resized).jpeg0D6A4863-735E-4947-940E-9FF6B38DE908 (resized).jpeg
#9039 4 years ago

Yeah....that’s what I said followed by some blistering profanity.

We all need to find a good solution.

#9040 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well, the washers+star posts are a bust...they are causing the slingshot hammer to escape.
They also apparently cause a chemical breakdown of the star posts.

I’m trying the mylars and a fresh set of star posts next.

I do not think there is any way to prevent this. It appears to be inherent to the playfields since TNA is getting the same issue.

#9041 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Exactly!

Quoted from Psw757:

Either an axe, or I'm just going to start to toss pinballs at the game itself from 3 point range, glass on.

#9042 4 years ago

All I see is a little indentation , don't see what the fuss is about

#9043 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Well, the washers+star posts are a bust...they are causing the slingshot hammer to escape.
I do not think there is any way to prevent this. It appears to be inherent to the playfields since TNA is getting the same issue.

What washers have a reaction?

How about a piece of Mylar between the washer and post?

#9044 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

That is now. Mine looked like that a few days ago. Took a close look and touched it and the ripple flaked right off including the blue art under the ripple of clear.

#9045 4 years ago

Has that happened on everyone's as we'll?

#9046 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Has that happened on everyone's as we'll?

I’ve seen several members here with worse chips than mine but even more with this rippling so it will be a matter of time until they break free.

#9047 4 years ago

Mine chipped and whatnot within a week or two of getting the pin. Haven’t bothered with it cuz you really don’t see it unless you’re looking for it. Over 1000 games later it has not gotten any worse so I’m going to continue not bothering with it. My 2 cents.

#9048 4 years ago

Took my maphole t-nut to my local hardware shop, and an older fellow was kind enough to hacksaw and buff it.

Removal and reinstallation took just under 2.5 hours.

20190511_183028 (resized).jpg20190511_183028 (resized).jpg20190511_175500 (resized).jpg20190511_175500 (resized).jpg20190511_175535 (resized).jpg20190511_175535 (resized).jpg20190511_171317 (resized).jpg20190511_171317 (resized).jpg
#9049 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Weird, I have neither of those issues.

#9050 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

0429191427.jpg0429191427.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/181?hl=frydaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.