(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 378.
#8951 4 years ago
Quoted from Hunico:

Hello...for update 0.99
what it´s better full installation or change-log?
thanks
I loves this game...my first JJP next Guns & Roses...

full installation. the change-log shows what has been changed and is not an actual update file.

#8952 4 years ago

Ok! I've posted the virtual tournament thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-post-your-best-score-virtual-tournament#post-4986741

I made a tinyurl for it if you want to share it on social media: http://tinyurl.com/potcgame511

You've got until midnight tomorrow CST to post your best score (and optionally, video of the game.) I can't wait to see what people do!

#8953 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

LEs are rolling off the line, picked mine up this morning...no pics yet, sorry.

I'm hoping to hear that my LE had shipped any day now.

#8954 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This is all good news, for new Pirate's owners, as and in keeping with the schedule that they'd finish up in May. Hopefully that means some Wonka's will sneak out in June!

#8955 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Ok! I've posted the virtual tournament thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpotc-post-your-best-score-virtual-tournament#post-4986741
I made a tinyurl for it if you want to share it on social media: http://tinyurl.com/potcgame511
You've got until midnight tomorrow CST to post your best score (and optionally, video of the game.) I can't wait to see what people do!

Great idea and execution! Any chance to extend it through the weekend til Sunday night?

#8956 4 years ago

Guys with auto ball launch issue. Make sure your ball is not hitting any of the wireform as it’s travelling up the ramp. I ended up haveing 2 issues there. First was the auto launch had a bit of play in it. To one side ball sat fine in shooter lane on other side ball would only touch one side of the ball. A couple shims on auto launch assembly fixed 90% of my problems there but still had some random weird launches. I found that if I pushed the ball up the ramp I could feel it hit the wireform which was absorbing all the velocity on launch. I have a replacement on the way. If the new wireform has the same issue I’m going to dremel down the spots where it hits and prolly go get it powder coated.

#8957 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Well tell them to keep making more for crying out loud.

#8958 4 years ago

If anyone is at the jjp factory, try and get a Pic of 552 if you walk past it

#8959 4 years ago

Well since we were all talking about things we would like to see evolve with the code, in addition to something more fun being added to the depths and/or bayou shot this game needs some sort of pirate themed attract mode..way too quiet!

#8960 4 years ago

Mod request for you mod makers, how about a small ships wheel or something for the pearl maybe can even design it to fit above the two targets between the spinners to help hide the ugly visible wires?

#8961 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I had autoplunger woes as well that I have finally fixed 100 percent. It is perfect now.
I tried all the steps you did. When it would fail, the ball was striking the wall or the locker post and losing energy.
In my case the fix was adjusting the shooter lane rails. There was a slight discrepancy between the left and right rails which gave it just enough lift on one side to launch left or right.
Interestingly, only the autoplunger failed in this way. Manual plunges were fine.
There is a post in the index for how I removed and corrected my shooter lane, if that is your issue.
Another thing to confirm is that the auto plunger is not making contact with the manual plunger. If you snap it empty do you see the autoplunger forks jump? If so, you’ll want to adjust the shooter assembly to be further down the cabinet. If that doesn’t work, consider adding cabinet bumpers under the playfield hooks. You’ll need to relevel after doing this of course.
The combination of these two fixes fully resolved the issue for me.

I had an issue with the manual ball plunger hitting the auto launcher forks when it was new out of the box. Neither worked good enough to play the game. I shimmed the manual plunger assembly to angle the rod down toward the shooter lane, and now the plunger works just fine. Since then I have learned that the play field hangers were probably the issue to begin with. I think i will take the shims out and bend the hangers slightly in an attempt to "re"-fix the issue.
Since the manual plunger works fine now, I didnt think the wire rails in the lane were the problem. However, since I'm having the same symptoms you had, I will take another look. Did you author a post that you referred to on how to fix the wire rails, or is it from Pin Monk?

Thanks for your help.
CM

#8962 4 years ago
Quoted from Hunico:

what it´s better full installation or change-log?

To update game Full Installation.

Change Log is a list of what changes were made in the update. Not to be uploaded into the game.

LTG : )

#8963 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Mod request for you mod makers, how about a small ships wheel or something for the pearl maybe can even design it to fit above the two targets between the spinners to help hide the ugly visible wires?

Nice one! I was hoping for some decoration on the BP boarding ladder. A real "rope" ladder on top of it would be cool.

#8964 4 years ago

Mine is a Late April or early May build. Don't know as I haven't picked up yet.

Haven't went through all the tips and tricks thread. Any idea if my build date has any of the fixes made as I would assume that JJP was made aware of and hopefully made Mfg adjustments

#8965 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Nice one! I was hoping for some decoration on the BP boarding ladder. A real "rope" ladder on top of it would be cool.

I think somebody did a plastic rope, maybe Mezel or modfather?

#8966 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think somebody did a plastic rope, maybe Mezel or modfather?

I've been working on one, but haven't got a version I'm happy with yet.

#8967 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Was thinking about grabbing this mod to do just that...
https://mezelmods.com/collections/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp/products/pirates-of-the-caribbean-pinball-black-pearl-deck

deck (resized).PNGdeck (resized).PNG

#8968 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

pirate themed attract mode..

I totally agree with you. I was hoping there would be something in this update. I could care less about the JJP theme song, while cool it does this pin no justice, and does not play in attract mode anyway. This will be their GOAT for a long time. IMO

#8969 4 years ago

Excellent mod, highly recommend. I was hoping for a ships wheel somewhere else around there.

#8970 4 years ago

Excellent mod, highly recommend. I was hoping for a ships wheel somewhere else around there.

That helps but I was referring to the visibility of the wires from the front right behind and between the two targets.

That mod only blocks the view from the top. Was thinking a small ships wheel or something to hide that little space.

#8971 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That helps but I was referring to the visibility of the wires from the front right behind and between the two targets.
That mod only blocks the view from the top. Was thinking a small ships wheel or something to hide that little space.

Agreed! Yelobird ?

#8972 4 years ago

Agreed! yelobird ?

Lol. On it promise! Honor the magic man real respect.

#8973 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Great idea and execution! Any chance to extend it through the weekend til Sunday night?

Why not? I have extended the deadline to midnight CST on Sunday. Hopefully that gives everyone a chance to post a score! We will recognize per-character winners as well as overall winners so please feel free to participate at any skill level.

#8974 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Why not? I have extended the deadline to midnight CST on Sunday. Hopefully that gives everyone a chance to post a score! We will recognize per-character winners as well as overall winners so please feel free to participate at any skill level.

Be more fun with prizes like mod of choice to the winner

#8975 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So you're saying I just have to pick a character no one else will?

#8976 4 years ago

So you're saying I just have to pick a character no one else will?

I already picked Govn Swan.

#8978 4 years ago

Sorry. I tend to find myself as the funniest person I know. 9 out of the 10 voices in my head agree. The 1 disagrees with everything, he’s an a-hole.

#8979 4 years ago

Can we plunder?

#8980 4 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Can we plunder?

You just made me think of something. So, we have PCs in pins now.. and cameras.. and network connectivity, presumably. How about internet multi-player with dynamic plundering and a live feed on the screen of the other player? So, you and someone else remote both start a multi-player game and connect with a QR code or something. Each person takes a turn as if they were local but when it is the other player's turn the camera (would have to be at the top of the backbox) shows their game on your LCD screen and plundering works across the machines. Heck, could even enable voice communication so you could taunt each other.

Could even add in some further controls ala those roller coaster rides where bystanders use buttons to shoot water out of cannons at the riders. So a remote "standby" player could use their flippers to control elements of the game (the rocking of the ship, for example).

I'm sort of surprised the games aren't internet connected yet.

#8981 4 years ago

So, just got done setting the game up. Seems to be playing perfect, everything working, but of course I don’t know what I’m doing yet. Two possible minor issues.

1. The lock bar is pretty tight to the glass. The lock bar lock mechanism is fine but it’s almost as if the glass should be 1/16-1/8 shorter.
2. Tough to push the play field down, the hangers likely need adjusting. There is a grey foam block in the back wall of the game, does that come out or stay there?

This is by far the heaviest game I have ever moved. It makes twilight zone feel like a feather. I thought the hobbit and woz were heavy, this is a beast of a game.

#8982 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

There is a grey foam block in the back wall of the game, does that come out or stay there?

Out.

#8983 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So, just got done setting the game up. Seems to be playing perfect, everything working, but of course I don’t know what I’m doing yet. Two possible minor issues.
1. The lock bar is pretty tight to the glass. The lock bar lock mechanism is fine but it’s almost as if the glass should be 1/16-1/8 shorter.
2. Tough to push the play field down, the hangers likely need adjusting. There is a grey foam block in the back wall of the game, does that come out or stay there?
This is by far the heaviest game I have ever moved. It makes twilight zone feel like a feather. I thought the hobbit and woz were heavy, this is a beast of a game.

Congrats! It's an awesome game! Check along the track that holds the glass and see if there is anything in it near the top that is blocking the glass, ie staples or junk. That might be blocking the glass.

Yes the grey foam block is for shipping, remove it.

I need to take a fistful of Advil after playing the game due to trying to wrestle it during shots!

Enjoy

#8984 4 years ago

I'm sort of surprised the games aren't internet connected yet.

Maybe one day we can say “Alexa, change my PIRATE inlane award.”

#8985 4 years ago

anybody else having issues with getting .99 loaded? ...smh

#8986 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

anybody else having issues with getting .99 loaded?

No.

Things I've seen from tech support. Not following directions, too big a USB stick - 8GB to 16GB seems best, and or try a different memory stick.

Maybe one of these will help you.

#8987 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yeah, my shin is still a bit sore from weeks ago from encountering this brute.

Did you remove the foam strips in the lock bar? I removed the two, gave me a bit more room.

My playfield was insanely tight with the hooks. I had to shift the receiver over to the far left to let it sink easier. Got some new hangers/hooks to try and see if those seat better. Definitely try adjusting the receiver. It might save you several hours of hair pulling out.

#8988 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks for ther heads up. Hoping to get my LE in the next week or 2.

#8989 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.
Things I've seen from tech support. Not following directions, too big a USB stick - 8GB to 16GB seems best, and or try a different memory stick.
Maybe one of these will help you.

Yeah i cant get the entire file to completely download... tried chrome, IE, and just downloaded firefox and the file transfer always fails. IE made it look like the file completed the download. Created a zip file PiratesOfTheCaribbean-v00.99.iso but the file is only 201MB.

#8990 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Yeah i cant get the entire file to completely download... tried chrome, IE, and just downloaded firefox and the file transfer always fails. IE made it look like the file completed the download. Created a zip file PiratesOfTheCaribbean-v00.99.iso but the file is only 201MB.

Mines downloading now, I can throw it on Google Drive if you want to try there. I didn't realize it was so freaking big, I've only done incremental updates on WOZ. Sure you have space on your hard drive?

Edit.. uploading now, about an hour.

#8991 4 years ago

Mines downloading now, I can throw it on Google Drive if you want to try there. I didn't realize it was so freaking big, I've only done incremental updates on WOZ. Sure you have space on your hard drive?
Edit.. uploading now, about an hour.

Thank you Harry. I think I'm good though! I downloaded the file on my phone and transferred to my PC. Unetbootin.exe iso'ing.

Weird that the file said it downloaded but only had part of the file. Then Unetbootin.exe completed the process succesfully (but actually didnt). I connected the usb to the POTC machine and the update would not run.

When I used Rufus there was an error message saying the checksum wasnt adding up correctly and the file was missing data. Thanks Rufus.

I'm looking into the issue with the download on my PC. Could be a windows 10 issue. I'm trying the processes in the following link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-windows-10-iso/d8369dc7-b084-413a-bc47-e872e2cceba5

I hope this helps someone. The lesson learned here is the file size should be 4.19GB. Dont assume, double check. Thanks

#8992 4 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Thank you Harry. I think I'm good though! I downloaded the file on my phone and transferred to my PC. Unetbootin.exe iso'ing.
Weird that the file said it downloaded but only had part of the file. Then Unetbootin.exe completed the process succesfully (but actually didnt). I connected the usb to the POTC machine and the update would not run.
When I used Rufus there was an error message saying the checksum wasnt adding up correctly and the file was missing data. Thanks Rufus.
I'm looking into the issue with the download on my PC. Could be a windows 10 issue. I'm trying the processes in the following link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-windows-10-iso/d8369dc7-b084-413a-bc47-e872e2cceba5
I hope this helps someone. The lesson learned here is the file size should be 4.19GB. Dont assume, double check. Thanks

Cool, glad you got it... now I have it

#8993 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Congrats Rob! You will love it.
Besides the foam block the back of the play field may get caught up on the wire bundle conduit plastic.

I did a temporary reinforcement of my basement stairs before we brought it in.

#8994 4 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Besides the foam block the back of the play field may get caught up on the wire bundle conduit plastic.

I think a requirement for any future home purchases for me will be a direct access to the game room. I have it now (right off the carport) and combined with the Harbor Freight wagon I am moving pins in and out on my own now. I took my POTC out of our Yukon and moved it inside without help. The less I have to involve my wife in the heavy lifting the easier it is to buy more

#8995 4 years ago

Basement? No problem.

#8996 4 years ago

Put mirror blades on last night, they are tight and will scratch, but They fit and look nice. getting hinge bolts out was a chore, the receiving bolt is flared at the end so had to pound it out with a punch. Hooked it to an external sub and installed the topper. Progress. On the topper I couldn’t get the factory screws to work so I used smaller and longer ones and secured them with a nut.

I’ll be working on installing some of my mods today and tomorrow. I’m very impressed overall with the game and I can see why it costs so much.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

Basement? No problem.

I have an escalera, but it can’t use it to get it down because I have a landing with a 90 degree turn. I can get it up the stairs with the escalera no problem, but down I have to slide it on the carpeted stairs. Kinda sucks. This was the first and only game I had difficulty with, the turn going down was tough because the game is so heavy and hard to manipulate. I’m sore today.

Quoted from DrDQ:

Thanks, I made sure to clear the bundle.

Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, my shin is still a bit sore from weeks ago from encountering this brute.
Did you remove the foam strips in the lock bar? I removed the two, gave me a bit more room.
My playfield was insanely tight with the hooks. I had to shift the receiver over to the far left to let it sink easier. Got some new hangers/hooks to try and see if those seat better. Definitely try adjusting the receiver. It might save you several hours of hair pulling out.

Thx. I didn’t remove the foam strips, thought it was preventing the glass from hitting the lock bar, but I may do that. There is no obstruction, like a staple, in the back glass channel, the glass is just a little long or the glass channel is a little short. I can see a slight difference compared to my dialed in. The glass is sitting a little further down where it says “install 4 balls”

#8997 4 years ago

Its cheaper for me to just buy two cases of beer and have my friends help me carry it down.

#8998 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Put mirror blades on last night, they are tight and will scratch, but They fit and look nice. getting hinge bolts out was a chore, the receiving bolt is flared at the end so had to pound it out with a punch. Hooked it to an external sub and installed the topper. Progress. On the topper I couldn’t get the factory screws to work so I used smaller and longer ones and secured them with a nut.
I’ll be working on installing some of my mods today and tomorrow. I’m very impressed overall with the game and I can see why it costs so much.

I have an escalera, but it can’t use it to get it down because I have a landing with a 90 degree turn. I can get it up the stairs with the escalera no problem, but down I have to slide it on the carpeted stairs. Kinda sucks. This was the first and only game I had difficulty with, the turn going down was tough because the game is so heavy and hard to manipulate. I’m sore today.

Thanks, I made sure to clear the bundle.

Thx. I didn’t remove the foam strips, thought it was preventing the glass from hitting the lock bar, but I may do that. There is no obstruction, like a staple, in the back glass channel, the glass is just a little long or the glass channel is a little short. I can see a slight difference compared to my dialed in. The glass is sitting a little further down where it says “install 4 balls”

I hear you. Games like WOZ and JJPOTC are heavy to move on a 90 degree landing.

#8999 4 years ago

Just got my NIB SE, two strange things. The good, the back of my backbox is signed by Jack. How many machines get signed on the back? Also the bad, opened up the box got the legs on, opened the coin door, no coin box which means no plugs, balls, nothing.

#9000 4 years ago

Born on 3-1-19

20190510_175211 (resized).jpg20190510_175211 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/180?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.