(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 378.
#8851 4 years ago

Ok. Had this less than a week. Loaded new release yesterday and a mate came round to play. He owns TZ SS AND IJ. he is blown away. Can’t stop talking about pirates. Anyway he was about to go, started last game and drained the first ball. I restarted and told him you can’t leave on that. He protested but then got the grand champion. Damn. That night I’m preparing dinner ( my wife works, I’m her bitch) and I cut my finger badly. Blood everywhere. My first thought “crap, I can’t beat his score tonight” - it was my pinball finger. No bandaids had to use tape and a bit of tissue. Tried to beat it after dinner, had not healed properly, blood all down the side of the machine. Half an hour later after blood loss and frustration set in. I gave up. Had another go today posted 480k which I’m happy with and now grand champ. Not anywhere close to you guys but I’m happy. Keep being amazed by this machine. I mean even the pop bumpers do something I have never seen before. I will say this though - during my highest scoring game, it drained sdtm after star map. It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen. Please oh please fix. But I’m happy. ARRRRRRRR! Btw, no parrots or patches yet, though I did pose with one of our pussy cats. I love this game.

#8852 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ok. Had this less than a week. Loaded new release yesterday and a mate came round to play. He owns TZ SS AND IJ. he is blown away. Can’t stop talking about pirates. Anyway he was about to go, started last game and drained the first ball. I restarted and told him you can’t leave on that. He protested but then got the grand champion. Damn. That night I’m preparing dinner ( my wife works, I’m the bitch of the house) and I cut my finger badly. Blood everywhere. My first thought “crap, I can’t beat his score tonight” - it was my pinball finger. No bandaids had to use tape and a bit of tissue. Tried to beat it after dinner, had not healed properly, blood all done the side of the machine. Half an hour later after blood loss and frustration set in. I gave up. Had another go today posted 480k which I’m happy with and now grand champ. Not anywhere close to you guys but I’m happy. Keep being amazed by this machine. I mean even the pop bumpers do something I have never seen before. I will say this though - during my highest scoring game, it drained sdtm after star map. It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen. Please oh please fix. But I’m happy. ARRRRRRRR! Btw, no parrots or patches yet, though I did pose with one of our pussy cats. I love this game.

That is very much close to some of us guys!

#8853 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Sure. Sorry. I tried to be specific, but it's definitely kinda hidden. [quoted image]

Very helpful, Thank you!

BTW, LE#39 joining the club! Arrr...

IMG_20190507_131422 (resized).jpgIMG_20190507_131422 (resized).jpg
#8854 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Very helpful, Thank you!
BTW, LE#39 joining the club! Arrr...
[quoted image]

I'm hoping to get the call any day now saying that my POTC LE is ready to ship.

#8855 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Congrats to you Lloyd and congrats to JJP for providing us the Best and most valuable tech in the business! You are Always appreciated for all you do and hope you are doing it for Many years to come. I hope you and Prada have a Wonderful night!!

Congrats Lloyd! I can't thank you enough for all the help you have given me on this thread with my machine! Hope you have many more fun and satisfying years!!

#8856 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Today May 9th is my 6th anniversary of doing tech support for Jersey Jack Pinball. I'm grateful for all the friends I've made. Jersey Jack Pinball co-workers, distributors, and customers. To celebrate this occasion at my business SS Billiards, I will give any one stopping in today six games on their favorite Jersey Jack Pinball machine here. I have the full line up. WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates. So come on in and help me celebrate ! It's been a great six years ! Thank you.
LTG : )

Very generous, but that is not a huge surprise as you have been so generous with your time sharing your knowledge with the hobby over the years.

I have been in the hobby for nearly twenty years, and in that time you have been a solid beacon of reasonableness and helpfulness. Here's to another twenty years!!!!

#8857 4 years ago

Question for those who installed disc silenced kit.

What’s the trick to getting jamb nut off to remove disk?

Edit - disregard! Over thinking this..lol

#8858 4 years ago

If anyone is looking for an LE, this one looks really nice and the price is low.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/79219

#8859 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If anyone is looking for an LE, this one looks really nice and the price is low.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/79219

That's a STEAL

#8860 4 years ago

If it were local I would absolutely buy it as an investment pin.

#8861 4 years ago

Wow. He could get $1k more if he wanted.

#8862 4 years ago

Says sale pending already... That was quick. Had I seen it 15min sooner....

I did PM the seller in case the deal falls thru.

Damn work got in the way on this one... Grrrr

#8863 4 years ago

Well I’m normally a bit skeptical but wow does the disc silenced kit quiet things down!

Nice job Modcouple, wish I installed from the beginning!

#8864 4 years ago

Found these in bottom rear of my game when installing some art blades.

Everything appears normal from what I can see, could be debris from factory.

Any idea where this hardware would be used?

#8865 4 years ago

LE in the market in FL for 8400...someone got a steal.

#8866 4 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

Says sale pending already... That was quick. Had I seen it 15min sooner....
I did PM the seller in case the deal falls thru.
Damn work got in the way on this one... Grrrr

I was about to text you but saw you posted.

#8867 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

LE in the market in FL for 8400...someone got a steal.

saw that early this morning - too far of a trip

#8868 4 years ago

Is the SE a LOSS ???????

Buying a POTC SE, unfortunately LE's sold out and kind of maxed out on money - but would have found a way to get the extra $ for it.

For those that have a SE do you feel like you're losing out to a LE?

What I'm losing
1- Powder Coat - don't care
2- Invisiglass - I'm adding
3- RGB GI Lighting - Kind of bummed - but WolfManCat mentioned that the White GI actually makes the playfield brighter and easier to see ball.
4- External Headphone jack - never used in previous games so not a loss.
5 - Molded Playfield Toys - not a big deal
6- 2 Pop Bumper Rotation Toys - Really cool and believe this is a Loss.
7- Topper - Don't care and can always add if I want
8- Target Decals - Only $30 to add and will as they add to the game aesthetically.
9 - 72 Light Starfield on back panel - Really cool, but don't know if I'll notice it gone.
10 - Shake Motor - I like them but not a necessity. I believe shakers make things loose under playfield anyways, but if integrated well into gameplay then a buy for me.

I believe You do get $1k more in add-ons, however missed the boat on LE.

Feel Like buyers remorse, funny even mentioning that on a SE, but want feedback from you guys.

Thx

#8869 4 years ago

We bought an SE and have been happy with it. We got a few questions about it on stream last night and you can watch some of our replays to really see the game in action. For me if it is SE vs nothing, I would take the SE all day long. I'm not really missing the extras on the LE, but I can see why some people would.

#8870 4 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

We bought an SE and have been happy with it. We got a few questions about it on stream last night and you can watch some of our replays to really see the game in action. For me if it is SE vs nothing, I would take the SE all day long. I'm not really missing the extras on the LE, but I can see why some people would.

do you have the link? thank you

#8871 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

do you have the link? thank you

twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/422184737

youtube:

Those are both the same videos so pick your poison.

#8872 4 years ago

I’d buy an SE if I was getting one. Same game .

Quoted from 3pinballs:

Is the SE a LOSS ???????
Buying a POTC SE, unfortunately LE's sold out and kind of maxed out on money - but would have found a way to get the extra $ for it.
For those that have a SE do you feel like you're losing out to a LE?
What I'm losing
1- Powder Coat - don't care
2- Invisiglass - I'm adding
3- RGB GI Lighting - Kind of bummed - but WolfManCat mentioned that the White GI actually makes the playfield brighter and easier to see ball.
4- External Headphone jack - never used in previous games so not a loss.
5 - Molded Playfield Toys - not a big deal
6- 2 Pop Bumper Rotation Toys - Really cool and believe this is a Loss.
7- Topper - Don't care and can always add if I want
8- Target Decals - Only $30 to add and will as they add to the game aesthetically.
9 - 72 Light Starfield on back panel - Really cool, but don't know if I'll notice it gone.
10 - Shake Motor - I like them but not a necessity. I believe shakers make things loose under playfield anyways, but if integrated well into gameplay then a buy for me.
I believe You do get $1k more in add-ons, however missed the boat on LE.
Feel Like buyers remorse, funny even mentioning that on a SE, but want feedback from you guys.
Thx

#8873 4 years ago

Invisiglass is really nice, but you can add that later. Shaker is a nice touch but it doesn't kill the game not to have it. The playfield toys are fun but there are cool aftermarket mods that can fix that. The rest is just dressing or fun, starfield map doesn't do much for me really.. but I have yet to "use" it. Yeah, I mean the cost v. items you are getting has value given the price of invisiglass, what it costs to powder coat, topper, shaker, etc. But I would take an SE all day long.

#8874 4 years ago

The only think I'd miss, *really* miss, would be the external volume control. That gets a lot of use. Saves literally seconds off of having to grab a key and open the coin door.

I like the shaker during the chapter select, probably wouldn't notice it missing though. Starfield I don't use/notice, but the flashing playfield target I do (which is in the standard). The topper is weaksauce.

I'm glad I have the LE, but if SE were my only option, I'd certainly get one!

#8875 4 years ago

Can't you add a volume control (even if just buying the parts from JJP)? I know I just bought one for my WOZ, which surely has different requirements if not just wire length, but if it can be added by JJP and they sell the parts I would think it could be an easy addon.

#8876 4 years ago

For those of you that have or have played a CE could you rate it on pinside to get it added to the list.

#8877 4 years ago

Why would you want external volume control for home use? You can easily set the volume inside the coin door and forget it. Do people change their volume regularly? I set it and forget it.

Quoted from harryhoudini:

Can't you add a volume control (even if just buying the parts from JJP)? I know I just bought one for my WOZ, which surely has different requirements if not just wire length, but if it can be added by JJP and they sell the parts I would think it could be an easy addon.

#8878 4 years ago
Quoted from JordanB:

The only think I'd miss, *really* miss, would be the external volume control. That gets a lot of use. Saves literally seconds off of having to grab a key and open the coin door.
I like the shaker during the chapter select, probably wouldn't notice it missing though. Starfield I don't use/notice, but the flashing playfield target I do (which is in the standard). The topper is weaksauce.
I'm glad I have the LE, but if SE were my only option, I'd certainly get one!

Where is this located...I ask as I haven't picked up my game yet. Great insight and will be happy with a SE. Forgot the external volume you can adjust from outside.

#8879 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why would you want external volume control for home use? You can easily set the volume inside the coin door and forget it. Do people change their volume regularly? I set it and forget it.

Good Point, my wife turns our GB Premium to Low so it doesn't wake me in the morning. The funny part is, even with low volume, when that Screamer goes off it's at FULL STRENGTH.

#8880 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

When you have the control you'll find out It comes in handy, that is why I am adding it to WOZ. Different times of day, different needs (talking to someone while playing versus the house being empty.. etc)

#8881 4 years ago

When you have the control you'll find out It comes in handy, that is why I am adding it to WOZ. Different times of day, different needs (talking to someone while playing versus the house being empty.. etc)

Cannot find it on JJP site. Link if you have it. Never thought about using while trying to talk to somebody...Great idea.

#8882 4 years ago

If you're having difficulty updating to v.99, try getting a few Kingston 16 GB USB sticks from Amazon. I used to have all kinds of problems updating my JJP games using other brand and size USB's. Then, I tried using the new sticks. Today was easy peasy like every other one has been since I got the Kingston drives. BTW, the new code is working just fine. Nice job JJP.

#8883 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Cannot find it on JJP site. Link if you have it. Never thought about using while trying to talk to somebody...Great idea.

Stuff like that you'll have to manually order with them. Look in the manual, find the parts you want/need and email them with the part numbers.

#8884 4 years ago

thank you houdini

#8885 4 years ago

I tried to update last night and did not go so well. I did use unibootin and I feel like it was down loaded correctly (following the instructions from manual). But when I installed in port and turned game on nothing happened. Let it run for 20 mins just to be sure. Nothing, which one of these am I supposed to use. I will retry again this afternoon.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
I did use the full install USA one

#8886 4 years ago

If you turn it on and it doesn't begin the update, turn it off then quickly back on.

I've seen this doing firmware updates on POTC and my suspicion is the USB is not powered up in time to be detected at boot time. A "warm start" works around that.

#8887 4 years ago

I couldn't do the last update, because I'm an Idiot, on my Hobbit. Until PanzerFreak, Great guy BTW, shared his steps with me and it worked perfectly. So here it is. Hope this helps.

1. Reformat thumb drive, quick format option is fine
2. Download 3.10 ISO from JJP. https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/ Download the one named "The Hobbit Full Install 3.10 [USA Mirror] *NEW*"
3. Download "Rufus" Rufus (I had issues with the one JJP recommended, Rufus was recommended by someone on Pinside and works great, and seems easier to use)
4. Install Rufus
5. With formatted thumb drive in computer open Rufus application, click the "select" button and browse to where the Hobbit 3.10 ISO is on your computer
6. Select "START" in Rufus
7. Will take a while to build ISO image on thumb drive
8. With Hobbit turned off plug thumb drive into game
9. Next, with thumb drive still plugged into game turn back on and it will go through the install process
10. Once completed it will ask you to power cycle the game, just off and back on

#8888 4 years ago

zaphX I will give that a shot. So when it does begin install it will show something on the monitor ?

#8889 4 years ago

I use tuxboot for work already and I used that to install the ISO on to the flash drive. I will say the major gotcha that I ran into was not having the drive formatted. I used a 16gb drive and formatted to fat32.

#8890 4 years ago

So I’ll chime in on the se vs le debate. I personally feel like the se is a fine machine. The things you are losing I believe can be added if you really wanted to. Invisiglass and shaker motor are easy. There is only 1 software version so all of the features are there in some shape or form. Really missing that rgb? I bet you could buy the rgb boards and swap them out to get rgb. Really like the spinning pops. Buy the motor assembly and install it. I know I’ll het some shit for saying this but I do believe people with se could add a couple of the more wanted features. If I had a se close enough I would pull one of my rgb gi lights to test the theory.

#8891 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I was about to text you but saw you posted.

I'm a buyer all day at that price. I'd even drive down to FL to get it.

#8892 4 years ago

Agreed. I've added external audio controls/headphone inputs to all my newer games and they're super convenient! The ability to turn the sound on/off too is handy as well. Also nice to avoid the typical speaker/subwoofer pop when turning the game on and off.

#8893 4 years ago

Yes my order is showing up Friday. POTC Black Pearl Mini Playfield Quantity: 1, POTC Assembly Decal Set Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Playfield Assy, CE Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Plastics Set CE Quantity: 1, POTC Playfield Decal Sheet CE Quantity: 2, POTC Printed Plastics Set LE Quantity: 1. So now I can play it like I stole it and just clean and wax but keep the play field the way it should be.

#8894 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

Yes my order is showing up Friday. POTC Black Pearl Mini Playfield Quantity: 1, POTC Assembly Decal Set Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Playfield Assy, CE Quantity: 1, POTC Printed Plastics Set CE Quantity: 1, POTC Playfield Decal Sheet CE Quantity: 2, POTC Printed Plastics Set LE Quantity: 1. So now I can play it like I stole it and just clean and wax but keep the play field the way it should be.

Holy crap. Did that cost as much as another machine?

#8895 4 years ago

Holy crap. Did that cost as much as another machine?

What is the cost of peace of mind.

#8896 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

What is the cost of peace of mind.

$9500 or so?

#8897 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Try Rufus instead of unetbootin for making the stick.

thanks this worked for me.

this is what happens when you read other posts first!!!!!!

#8898 4 years ago

I got the CE and it has found its forever home. I would liked to got it for $9500.

#8899 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

zaphx I will give that a shot. So when it does begin install it will show something on the monitor ?

Yes. You know how when you turn on the machine the upper monitor will be black with white text where it says code version and a bunch of other stuff? It will at first look like that but the text will be different. Might look like errors. Just let it go and eventually you'll see progress bars appear.

#8900 4 years ago

Ok so thats not happening. Will start over from the beginning.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/178?hl=frydaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.