(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 378.
#8801 4 years ago

Wow! That’s pretty cool.

Gotta start somewhere, right?

#8802 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Aw crap, that's going to suck. I am also wondering why there is a plastic cover over the starmap?

It's there to stop a missed cannon shot from bouncing into the Star Map and qualifying it by accident.

#8803 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

It's there to stop a missed cannon shot from bouncing into the Star Map and qualifying it by accident.

Gotcha

#8804 4 years ago

Trouble updating my game. Same 16gig stick I used on my Di seems not to be working. I first formatted stick and follow JJP instructions . Soon as I try and update the machine. I get a no directory message on the lcd.....what am I doing wrong ? I tried it multiple times ...no good

#8805 4 years ago

Files on the root of the stick?

#8806 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

The ship one is "easy." Simply, tighten down the upper right ramp screw near the ship. It's sitting on a pressure washer and once tightened enough, it will create the angle so that the ball cannot get stuck.

Can you post a picture of the screw you are referencing?

#8807 4 years ago

Try Rufus instead of unetbootin for making the stick.

#8808 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Hard to say honestly.

Probably a corrupt partition on the file system itself.
Maybe easier to simply get another stick. They practically give them away these days...

#8809 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Can you post a picture of the screw you are referencing?

Sure. Sorry. I tried to be specific, but it's definitely kinda hidden.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8810 4 years ago

mtp78 it's a full install so you need to boot with the stick already in the game when you turn it on.

#8811 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Hard to say honestly.

I'd listen to him. He's a JJP tech.

LTG : )

#8812 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

mtp78 it's a full install so you need to boot with the stick already in the game when you turn it on.

Did not try that. Thanks will try it that way

#8813 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd listen to him. He's a JJP tech.

I am a computer engineer...FWIW.

I do know some things in that space...

Edit: No pun intended.
I also previously worked at NetApp...so yea. =)

#8814 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I am a computer engineer...FWIW.

I do know some things in that space...

I yield to your education and skill.

#8815 4 years ago

I guarantee you hard drive recovery software will be far more expensive than another thumb drive.

Anyways, moving on...

#8816 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Did not try that. Thanks will try it that way

Worked perfectly , thanks Keefer

#8817 4 years ago

Anyone turning down the power on their main flips and slings ?. Get some crazy air balls especially on multiballs. And slings are really strong.I am on all default settings

#8818 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone turning down the power on their main flips and slings ?. Get some crazy air balls especially on multiballs. And slings are really strong.I am on all default settings

I'd turn them down.

Your game, set it the way you want.

#8819 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I replaced my sling rubbers with white rubbers.

Then I turned them down. Then down some more. Then down again. They are still powerful enough to send the ball flying into the shooter lane (at least the left one).

#8820 4 years ago

Yup! I've had issues using Unetbootin but never with Rufus. Installed .99 ISO no problem using Rufus.

#8821 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It looks like I'm going to have to remove the Pearl and a bunch of plastic guardwork soon; this rubber is about to die from love and heavy home use.
I don't guess there is a shortcut I am missing other than tearing it all down?[quoted image]

Have you tried gently rotating the rubber ring with your hand so that the nearly dead edge gets out of harms way? I'd imagine so long as the posts and ball don't come in contact with that spot you could extend the life of thing ring.

#8822 4 years ago

I got a bad iso the first time. Tried Rufus and unetbootin multiple times. Kept failing at like 26%. Re downloaded the iso, worked fine. So if you haven’t tried that yet be sure to.

#8823 4 years ago

Another decent score today. Biggest difference I saw in this gamr VS others was gold accumulated a lot faster and in bigger chunks.

20190508_180833 (resized).jpg20190508_180833 (resized).jpg
#8824 4 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

No shortcut I know of. The Titan I put in to replace the original left chapter rubber is starting to chew up at that spot too. Looks like this is going to be a regular swap for all of us...

Maybe install a clear poly ring instead next time instead of a titan? Aren't those supposed to be nearly indestructible? In the meantime, rotate the weak spot in the rubber out of the path of the ball and the force of the band/ball on the post..?

#8825 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Another decent score today. Biggest difference I saw in this gamr VS others was gold accumulated a lot faster and in bigger chunks.
[quoted image]

I also had a decent score today.

292606E9-2F34-49A8-9DD0-5BE8DE6CC437 (resized).jpeg292606E9-2F34-49A8-9DD0-5BE8DE6CC437 (resized).jpeg4289D00C-BC5C-4EE6-8C1F-26927EEE820F (resized).jpeg4289D00C-BC5C-4EE6-8C1F-26927EEE820F (resized).jpeg51F493E9-ABBE-4E18-8D45-C29E00CAD036 (resized).jpeg51F493E9-ABBE-4E18-8D45-C29E00CAD036 (resized).jpegE6138AEC-1FA2-4691-8B75-433A928620AF (resized).jpegE6138AEC-1FA2-4691-8B75-433A928620AF (resized).jpeg
#8826 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Hi Keefer,

Any issues with the install using a MAC to create the Install package on a USB . I have the USB all ready using UNetbootin from my Mac. I noticed the instructions were a little off; using a Mac you can’t change the USB drive destination to the E: Drive as it states in the directions. So I let it run with the default (something like /dev/disc3s1) and it completed. I see multiple folders/files on the USB now.

Just checking to avoid an oh Sh&t moment before I try the full install.

Thanks

Thanks

#8827 4 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Hi Keefer,
Any issues with the install using a MAC to create the Install package on a USB . I have the USB all ready using UNetbootin from my Mac. I noticed the instructions were a little off; using a Mac you can’t change the USB drive destination to the E: Drive as it states in the directions. So I let it run with the default (something like /dev/disc3s1) and it completed. I see multiple folders/files on the USB now.
Just checking to avoid an oh Sh&t moment before I try the full install.
Thanks
Thanks

I’m a Mac user too - it will work!

#8828 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:I’m a Mac user too - it will work!

Ok great...thanks Derek. How do you like it so far. I guess the left post helper doesn’t go up for Stranger Tides. I saw that on Buffalo Pinball stream. Otherwise you like it a lot?

#8829 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

I am pretty sure I am on the lowest setting for the pops and close to it on the slings. Before that it was CRAZY.

#8830 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

[quoted image]

YAY, I feel validated that I get similar scores!

#8831 4 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Ok great...thanks Derek. How do you like it so far. I guess the left post helper doesn’t go up for Stranger Tides. I saw that on Buffalo Pinball stream. Otherwise you like it a lot?

It went up for me. I think there may be a physical issue on Kevin’s machine - there is a nut that can spin down and render the post inoperable.

I played a few streams last night. Http://twitch.tv/nspinball

You should see the post doing it’s thing a couple times.

#8832 4 years ago

Anyone gotten parrot or eye patch or any of the new added stuff to wanted posters in .99? We have yet to see anything like that. Looks the same as .98.

#8833 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It went up for me. I think there may be a physical issue on Kevin’s machine - there is a nut that can spin down and render the post inoperable.
I played a few streams last night. Http://twitch.tv/nspinball
You should see the post doing it’s thing a couple times.

I think I reported an issue as well but I believe I noticed the other night that the ball smacked the post (it happened so quick I wasn't sure if it was the post it hit). I know the post on my game definitely goes up when you start stranger tides. I just didn't recall it ever going up as a helper in other circumstances.

#8834 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I just didn't recall it ever going up as a helper in other circumstances.

It should also go up during modes (not sure if all the time though ) when you need the inner loop to collect a character and don’t need the left loop.

#8835 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Anyone gotten parrot or eye patch or any of the new added stuff to wanted posters in .99? We have yet to see anything like that. Looks the same as .98.

I haven’t seen it either and was curious myself.

#8836 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have on the first 2 pictures after update Hat and eyepatch both times. Have not seen parrot. And I need to start taking pics of good games. Third game in or first good game after update hit 1.5 mil and some change. Had 2 wiz modes qualified and completed 15 of 17 chapters. There were lots of other high scores but dont remember which ones.

#8837 4 years ago

Oh and while were on coils this is what I changed. Flippers stock at 22 and 25. bump down the left and right slings a couple notches (gets rid of most of the airballs from slings) and chest release timer from 3 to 2. Have considered bumping the pop bumpers down, but kinda like it when ball goes crazy up there. I also put on extra ball for points (at first its a little ridiculous getting a extra ball at 75k but it goes up quickly was up to 700k on .98 ) and a 3 second ball save off plunge.

#8838 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Oh and while were on coils this is what I changed. Flippers stock at 22 and 25. bump down the left and right slings a couple notches (gets rid of most of the airballs from slings) and chest release timer from 3 to 2. Have considered bumping the pop bumpers down, but kinda like it when ball goes crazy up there. I also put on extra ball for points (at first its a little ridiculous getting a extra ball at 75k but it goes up quickly was up to 700k on .98 ) and a 3 second ball save off plunge.

I kinda like that idea with the extra ball. Give yourself a chance and it’s pro/con. You’ll get your extra ball, but you’ll have to work harder each time.

Pretty cool.

#8839 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Yeah, I'm getting ready to turn the slings down. Since the update I've had balls hitting the GLASS coming off slings and ending up on top of plastics. Something changed.

#8840 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I'm getting ready to turn the slings down. Since the update I've had balls hitting the GLASS coming off slings and ending up on top of plastics. Something changed.

Damn!!

Possibly better to stay on 0.98 for the time being?

#8841 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Even with everything turned down I hit the glass every game or two. Not sure exactly why. Usually it's from the slings, I think.

#8842 4 years ago

+1 for rufus if you have a windows pc around. It is often faster than unetbutin.

#8843 4 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

+1 for rufus if you have a windows pc around. It is often faster than unetbutin.

Shouldn't you really change your profile pic?

Suggestion

Rick_and_Morty_-_Pickle_Rick_Poster___Sold_at_Abposters_com (resized).jpgRick_and_Morty_-_Pickle_Rick_Poster___Sold_at_Abposters_com (resized).jpg
#8844 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Damn!!
Possibly better to stay on 0.98 for the time being?

Nah. Still worth the upgrade. Just turn the slings down if you're getting airballs off them.

#8845 4 years ago

Today May 9th is my 6th anniversary of doing tech support for Jersey Jack Pinball. I'm grateful for all the friends I've made. Jersey Jack Pinball co-workers, distributors, and customers. To celebrate this occasion at my business SS Billiards, I will give any one stopping in today six games on their favorite Jersey Jack Pinball machine here. I have the full line up. WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates. So come on in and help me celebrate ! It's been a great six years ! Thank you.

#8846 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Today May 9th is my 6th anniversary of doing tech support for Jersey Jack Pinball. I'm grateful for all the friends I've made. Jersey Jack Pinball co-workers, distributors, and customers. To celebrate this occasion at my business SS Billiards, I will give any one stopping in today six games on their favorite Jersey Jack Pinball machine here. I have the full line up. WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates. So come on in and help me celebrate ! It's been a great six years ! Thank you.

Congrats to you Lloyd and congrats to JJP for providing us the Best and most valuable tech in the business! You are Always appreciated for all you do and hope you are doing it for Many years to come. I hope you and Prada have a Wonderful night!!

#8847 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yeah, I got it a few times with the new software, but usually it's when I'm trying to find cracks in the hotdog/not hotdog logic. Tonight I put my glasses on my forehead (pointed straight, as if my eyes were up there) and I got an eye patch AND a hat.

The eyepatch looks great (is it always on the left eye - right as you're looking at it?), but the hat is kind of a muddled mess that gives a more beret-like impression. It'd be interesting to see if they can add goatees and maybe mustaches.

#8848 4 years ago

My slings were down to 18 before update. Still getting glass hit after will try 16. Was wondering whether this was due to different power in Oz. Sorry if this has been answered before, but why are the flippers different power? My pitch is a bit higher than 6.5 but I’m struggling during Multiballs to get the balls away from the flippers so may take back to 6.5. Really love the outlanes how the game tries to coach you into nudging. Nice.

#8849 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That's fantastic news Lloyd, congrats times six! So many of us on here are so grateful for you being you, which is most excellent!

#8850 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Really love the outlanes how the game tries to coach you into nudging. Nice.

Yeah, and it also coaches you in to taking your hands off the damn flippers. I swear there are parts of the interactiveness that were designed by someone(s) who are just a bit...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/177?hl=lordhelmet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.