(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 377.
#8751 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Very good! I was thinking maybe a jack or something, but didn't know if that was a bit extreme.

My crowbar of choice:
https://www.harborfreight.com/15-in-flat-pry-bar-60681.html

#8752 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Isn’t the game designed so that if all the levellers are all the way in, it’s naturally at 6.5?

If you're on a level surface. You'd be surprised how many surfaces aren't perfectly level.

#8753 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

This goes to the correct pitch question not the levelers. It depends on the game. For example anything less than 7 on Monster Bash Remake pretty much plays like garbage, as in, ball goes STDM from right bumpers and sometimes gets stuck going up the left ramp
My POTC LE is at 6.75 and plays nice.

How does "that work"?

Like, do you play a handful of games and if it doesn't "feel" right change the ptich? Rinse and repeat until it feels right.

I sort of want the "widely" accepted pitch which I understand is top of bubble at the second line from top (6.5 I do believe), but just trying to gauge how much anyone actually cares...

#8754 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're on a level surface. You'd be surprised how many surfaces aren't perfectly level.

Agreed. Unless you are putting the game on a marble floor with new construction the levelers by eye mean nothing. Add to that last I checked each leg has 1/4" plus of up and down play so default leveler guessing is a poor method to proper game play. You spent 10k on a game that is Dependent on level (all sides) and pitch. Get an inclinometer or at the very least one of the free mobile apps! And for the record (vote) I am at 6.8 ish and it plays like a Dream.

#8756 4 years ago

On the subject of SDTM after chapter select, I reported this to JJ via their support form and received an immediate reply from Steve that he would pass this to the programming team. Also my game came with a cracked sling plastic and they are sending a new pair since I did not want to start replacing with spares on day 1. I asked them for some washers under posts and they are sending me those as well. Their support has been exemplary.

#8757 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

On the subject of SDTM after chapter select, I reported this to JJ via their support form and received an immediate reply from Steve that he would pass this to the programming team. Also my game came with a cracked sling plastic and they are sending a new pair since I did not want to start replacing with spares on day 1. I asked them for some washers under posts and they are sending me those as well. Their support has been exemplary.

Glad to hear

#8758 4 years ago

Anyone else wish the depths shot and Bayou had some kind of additional fanfare at times other than some obscure scoring stuff that most aren’t even aware of?
Both could be used for some kind of video mode or anything for that matter.

#8759 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone else wish the depths shot and Bayou had some kind of additional fanfare at times other than some obscure scoring stuff that most aren’t even aware of?
Both could be used for some kind of video mode or anything for that matter.

Yes

#8760 4 years ago

Useful.

"Although six-and-a-half to seven degrees are recommended for the front-to-back tilt of a pinball machine, you may use a range of six to nine degrees slant. The reason for the relatively wide range is that game play is solely dependent upon personal preference. In general, the greater the slant, the faster the game will play."

Looks like some like to go in-between 6.5 and 7 for something like 6.75.

Edit: Hmm... 7 is my favorite number after all. =D

#8761 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

That's good news. Just a note, you can always double-flip to release the ball from the star map. If only one chapter is available the release will work anytime (immediately). If there's more than one chapter available you have to wait until the random selection is complete. Either way, when you double-flip to release, the magnet always seems to pull the ball up and prevent SDTM from happening, at least that's the way it works on my setup.

#8762 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

That's good news. Just a note, you can always double-flip to release the ball from the star map. If only one chapter is available the release will work anytime (immediately). If there's more than one chapter available you have to wait until the random selection is complete. Either way, when you double-flip to release, the magnet always seems to pull the ball up and prevent SDTM from happening, at least that's the way it works on my setup.

For fun, since we want to continue discussing SDTM for the Chapter Select (and yes, I'll take note of how often this happens to me as well once I'm playing).

What is your level/pitch at?

I'm trying to understand if it's more susceptible at a shallow or steeper incline? Though I would think it would just matter left to right what your level is as far as SDTM.

Are you "positive" your game is 100% level?

The games I did play ... I cannot remember one instance of SDTM from Chapter Select ... and my game is NOT level yet.

Anyway...

#8763 4 years ago

Finally got the game unboxed and in the house late last night. I haven't adjusted anything yet, but I've already figured out som things that need fixing. I need to adjust some switches (I get 30 points everytime I use the left flipper ), figure out how to adjust the monitor (it's sagging a bit on the right side), and adjust the ship ramp (balls are sometimes getting stuck here). Overall it plays pretty well out of the box!

If anyone has any tips for adjusting the backboard monitor, I didn't see that one in the troubleshooting/tech tips thread. The right side is slightly lower than the left, and looks funny when the backglass is on.

edit: Oh, and my CE (116 born on 12/20/18) came with metal washers under the sling posts. Currently planning on leaving them as-is, but I have both black rubber and clear silicon washers extra for star posts from my TNA that I can use if I decide the metal rings are ugly.

#8764 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Finally got the game unboxed and in the house late last night. I haven't adjusted anything yet, but I've already figured out som things that need fixing. I need to adjust some switches (I get 30 points everytime I use the left flipper ), figure out how to adjust the monitor (it's sagging a bit on the right side), and adjust the ship ramp (balls are sometimes getting stuck here). Overall it plays pretty well out of the box!
If anyone has any tips for adjusting the backboard monitor, I didn't see that one in the troubleshooting/tech tips thread. The right side is slightly lower than the left, and looks funny when the backglass is on.

The ship one is "easy." Simply, tighten down the upper right ramp screw near the ship. It's sitting on a pressure washer and once tightened enough, it will create the angle so that the ball cannot get stuck.

#8765 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

Common issues, solutions are threefold and have all been covered in this thread (shown in order to be attempted in):

1) adjust the mounting bolts and verify that the monitor is snapping in to place correctly into the mounting brackets

2) monitor mount is defective and a replacement is needed from JJP

3) make your own support wedges like I did and let the monitor rest level on those (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/108#post-4876871)

#8766 4 years ago

Update installed and after 4 weeks i did not played this Pin i am thrilled now to press the Start Button

#8767 4 years ago

Wait…. there's an update from April 23???? Why didn't anybody tell me this??? How did I miss that?

#8768 4 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Wait…. there's an update from April 23???? Why didn't anybody tell me this??? How did I miss that?

Well, it's not like the JJPOTC's Lead Developer came on here and announced the update......oh....wait....nevermind.....

#8769 4 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

Update installed and after 4 weeks i did not played this Pin i am thrilled now to press the Start Button

You got me beat by a week or so. =P

#8770 4 years ago

It looks like I'm going to have to remove the Pearl and a bunch of plastic guardwork soon; this rubber is about to die from love and heavy home use.

I don't guess there is a shortcut I am missing other than tearing it all down?

UhOhRubber (resized).jpgUhOhRubber (resized).jpg
#8771 4 years ago

Yup, have the same issue.. which I think contributes to the SDTM drains since the ball sits further left than it normally would. Planning a tear down to do that, cliffys, etc.

#8772 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It looks like I'm going to have to remove the Pearl and a bunch of plastic guardwork soon; this rubber is about to die from love and heavy home use.
I don't guess there is a shortcut I am missing other than tearing it all down?[quoted image]

Have you taken her off yet?

I don't guess there's a workaround...

#8773 4 years ago

zaphX

How many games have you logged thus far?

#8774 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

zaphx
How many games have you logged thus far?

I lost the count because I failed to dump them before upgrading to 0.99 but it was around 2000 games and 6500 balls.

#8775 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I lost the count because I failed to dump them before upgrading to 0.99 but it was around 2000 games and 6500 balls.

You could of just said "more than you..."

=P

Fair enough...

#8776 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

You could of just said "more than you..."
=P
Fair enough...

You don't play your game, you just break it.

#8777 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Sighs. I couldn’t help the BP flipper issue. =(

#8778 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don't guess there is a shortcut I am missing other than tearing it all down?[quoted image]

No shortcut I know of. The Titan I put in to replace the original left chapter rubber is starting to chew up at that spot too. Looks like this is going to be a regular swap for all of us...

#8779 4 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

No shortcut I know of. The Titan I put in to replace the original left chapter rubber is starting to chew up at that spot too. Looks like this is going to be a regular swap for all of us...

I'll try to document the repair when I do it then.

#8780 4 years ago

I’m pretty sure the original rubbers are Titan. (Not the flippers...)

#8781 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Sighs. I couldn’t help the BP flipper issue. =(

I kid. But if you played a few games in between posts on Pinside you might put up an impressive score.

#8782 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I kid. But if you played a few games in between posts on Pinside you might put up an impressive score.

I plan on it!

#8783 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

this rubber is about to die from love and heavy home use.

Might be able to turn that rubber a bit to buy more time. Course that might just break it.

#8784 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think zaphX is winning the post competition with over 600 posts here-impressive! I get bored of my games too quickly apparently. I’m waiting for POTC on the line but find myself wishing for a WOZ instead. Is this ridiculous (he asks the JJPOTC fan club...)?

#8785 4 years ago

Aw crap, that's going to suck. I am also wondering why there is a plastic cover over the starmap? The movement of the ball by the magnet seems very minor (Never seen the ball pop up) and the odd case where a airball gets in there seems a non-issue. Just wondering if that plastic wasn't there if the rubber could be changed easier.

#8786 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

I think zaphX is winning the post completion with over 600 posts here-impressive! I get bored of my games too quickly apparently. I’m waiting for POTC on the line but find myself wishing for a WOZ instead. Is this ridiculous (he asks the JJPOTC fan club...)?

Get both, I did. In fact on Thurs I'll have two WOZ so I'll be selling one... and I'm not that far from you

#8787 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Get both, I did. In fact on Thurs I'll have two WOZ so I'll be selling one... and I'm not that far from you

Hey, now you’re talking!

#8788 4 years ago

Has anyone experienced an issue where you shoot the left orbit with enough force that the ball wraps around the curve and flys over the starmap down the center of the game? I've had it happen several times and I don't see anything on the "curve" of the left orbit that would cause this.. the metal guide looks fairly vertical. The ball ends up on top of the plastic that covers the starmap and rolls off down the center of the playfield.

#8789 4 years ago

I don't think it's ridiculous...

I want a WOZ!

#8790 4 years ago

I tried to turn my rubber but it had a lot of resistance like it was being pinched somewhere that I could not see.

I am waiting for cliffy's to replace but when I do I will probably go with a white rubber. The silicone titan was breaking on mine almost out of the box.

It would be madness to replace it with the same type. At least trying a different one gives some hope of a different outcome.

Quoted from jarozi:

Might be able to turn that rubber a bit to buy more time. Course that might just break it.

#8791 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Post of the day. Love to end the day with a laugh. Thanks!!

#8792 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I tried to turn my rubber but it had a lot of resistance like it was being pinched somewhere that I could not see.
I am waiting for cliffy's to replace but when I do I will probably go with a white rubber. The silicone titan was breaking on mine almost out of the box.
It would be madness to replace it with the same type. At least trying a different one gives some hope of a different outcome.

humm.. I have titans to replace it.. guess I'll see how those hold up again. I was think of some sort of "shield" right on that corner of the rubber but can't think of anything stock that would do it without changing gameplay. Maybe if it was a double post and the lower part had another rubber ring: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8247-13

#8793 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Never seen the ball pop up

On the white wood, it constantly flew out of there unfortunately.

#8794 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I don't think it's ridiculous...
I want a WOZ!

I think POTC may be more fun from the limited time I've had on each. WOZ later, stay the course!

#8795 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

On the white wood, it constantly flew out of there unfortunately.

When? During the magnet tossing it around? I could see that..

#8796 4 years ago

White wood?

#8797 4 years ago

That is what the people building the game call the first one, or first models. Bare wood, limited art work if any, limited inserts if any, home made ramps, etc. etc. As they start seeing how it looks, shot layouts, potential problem areas.

A white wood is usually playable too, though may have limited software.

And a white wood often is in a different cabinet. The Cirqus Voltaire white wood was in a Scared Stiff cabinet. Red Line Fever was in a Big Bang Bar cabinet.

LTG : )

#8798 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That is what the people building the game call the first one, or first models. Bare wood, limited art work if any, limited inserts if any, home made ramps, etc. etc. As they start seeing how it looks, shot layouts, potential problem areas.
A white wood is usually playable too, though may have limited software.
And a white wood often is in a different cabinet. The Cirqus Voltaire white wood was in a Scared Stiff cabinet. Red Line Fever was in a Big Bang Bar cabinet.
LTG : )

Thanks for all that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/176 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.