(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 377.
#8551 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Again, you're confusing the LIMIT for that model (the most they will make) with the amount ACTUALLY MADE. Totally different numbers. Hint: They're never selling 5000 Wonka machines.

So people can predict the future now?

Interesting.

I predict that the 200 POTC CE will be sold out so limit (no caps) will be the actual made (er no caps again)...........

And, short of asking again can anyone tell me the actual LE numbers for POTC?

#8552 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

Interesting.
I predict that the 200 POTC CE will be sold out so limit (no caps) will be the actual made (er no caps again)...........

LE’s have no set limit. CE capped at 200 max
“LE” in JJ parlance is a misnomer. Think of it as Sterns premium

#8553 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Thank you for this, I think it is good information for LE owners to know this as a statement of fact.

#8554 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

Thank you for this, I think it is good information for LE owners to know this as a statement of fact.

This is true for potc. With Wonka they limited it to 5000 LE’s, but that is hardly a limitation. More like a pipe dream.

#8555 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

Interesting.

Email Jack at JJP. If what's been clearly laid out here isn't enough for you, it's all I can recommend.

#8556 4 years ago

Does the production count really matter?

If you own one you're selling, you likely have multiple buyers jumping on it - I did.
If you own one you're not selling, you know what a great game it is so who cares?

#8557 4 years ago

I think people want to know how "limited" their game is, how that limited issue will affect future sales down the road, etc.

#8558 4 years ago

Beat that horse. :p

#8559 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I think people want to know how "limited" their game is, how that limited issue will affect future sales down the road, etc.

The irony is that the “Limited Edition” is the least limited.

#8560 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

This is true for potc. With Wonka they limited it to 5000 LE’s, but that is hardly a limitation. More like a pipe dream.

"Agreed", or should that "a greed"

#8561 4 years ago

Er "agreed", I am sure that there are only 1000 TAF Golds etc............... So making them exclusive with a know parameter rather than a cloud or fog, lack of transparency or mystery...............such as well we planned 500, made 600 of the limited edition but actually sold 700?

Times have defo changed since the 1990's lol

#8562 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

If you own one you're selling, you likely have multiple buyers jumping on it - I did.
If you own one you're not selling, you know what a great game it is so who cares?

Usually I couldn't care less, but in this case it's just interesting (to me, at least) to see how few were actually made when there is strong demand that seems to be growing. They probably left at least another 250 LE sales, maybe 500 on the table. That's a big miss.

#8563 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

yes it does as you generally pay more for exclusivity, so yes it does count.

#8564 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Usually I couldn't care less, but in this case it's just interesting (to me, at least) to see how few were actually made when there is strong demand that seems to be growing. They probably left at least another 250 LE sales, maybe 500 on the table. That's a big miss.

I do agree with that. I have a theory that demand only started to swell once games hit the bricks for people to play. I know I personally didn't want to buy until I had a chance to play it after disc-gate.

Once I did I was blown away and realized I'd made a huge mistake pulling my deposit.

These machines are still hard to find on location, but I think people playing it in the pinball community in private collections is helping grow the demand at this point.

#8565 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Hear! Hear!

With all the posts that have been made in this thread since I last checked, I thought that maybe a new code update had come out.

Wishful thinking anyway ... SIGH

#8566 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

“LE” in JJ parlance is a misnomer. Think of it as Sterns premium

Yes that makes sense, thought the virgin buyer needs to know this. You old sweats on here know this but newbies wont

#8567 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

yes it does as you generally pay more for exclusivity, so yes it does count.

Yep. Pretty evident with CEs. Haha

#8568 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Hear! Hear!
With all the posts that have been made in this thread since I last checked, I thought that maybe a new code update had come out.
Wishful thinking anyway ... SIGH

Ha! I know the feeling. I'm almost wishing this "how many games were produced" topic would revert back to the good ol' days of how to coat the entire machine in mylar & amber to preserve it. Almost.

Okay, game play question: What does everybody like to choose for their PIRATE lane awards? I've been going with Super X, then Bonus X, then Arrrrrrrr Frenzy as soon as it's eligible. I've never yet been able to get all 6 multiballs going at the same time though. I'm thinking of switching it up to maybe do Super X and then Add Gold. Seems to me like the best chance to get all 6 multiballs going is to start COTBP first, then Tortuga, and then get the other 4 running from there. I think I need to have Tortuga multiball pretty well teed up & ready to go first or second because I have zero chance/ability to hit the button to collect gold while one multiball is running, let alone while a couple or more MBs are going at the same time. Anyone have thoughts/strategies on this to share?

And as for the 10 million score posted by JustLikeMe... I mean... just... wow. Unreal score and well done.

Apologies for being off-topic

#8569 4 years ago

Getting all 6 running at once can be a bit tricky. I have only managed to do it 2 times but both times were pretty similar. Start stacking gold get close to 50. Lock 2 balls in chest go for pearl skill shots. Get a few shots up in devils triangle. By this time at worlds end it most likely qualified. Then its all about hitting the perfect storm. I try to start with bp multiball or devils triangle (2 hardest ones to start for me) as soon as game starts feeding balls I try to go loop crazy while ball save is on and get stranger tides going. More often than not if I got the gold something will hit tortuga scoop during multiball and get that rolling. Quick shot to the chest and malestrom and all 6 going. Both times I got there that is how it happened (well second time got BP multiball off of tortuga)

#8570 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

... Okay, game play question: What does everybody like to choose for their PIRATE lane awards? I've been going with Super X, then Bonus X, then Arrrrrrrr Frenzy as soon as it's eligible. I've never yet been able to get all 6 multiballs going at the same time though. I'm thinking of switching it up to maybe do Super X and then Add Gold. Seems to me like the best chance to get all 6 multiballs going is to start COTBP first, then Tortuga, and then get the other 4 running from there. I think I need to have Tortuga multiball pretty well teed up & ready to go first or second because I have zero chance/ability to hit the button to collect gold while one multiball is running, let alone while a couple or more MBs are going at the same time. Anyone have thoughts/strategies on this to share? ...

I also typically go with Super X and then Bonus X first. Depending on the current bonus multiplier value, I may go for Hold Bonus too if available. After that I usually go for Light Extra Ball when lit and/or switch to Arrrrr Frenzy if I'm about to start multiballs. Light Shot X needs to be used very strategically and I typically don't go for more Gold via the lanes.

#8571 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Apologies for being off-topic

Strategy talk is absolutely ON topic and fun to read!

#8572 4 years ago

Just had a run of some good (for me) games. On one game I won enough treasures in a round of liars dice to start treasure hoard mode. I hadn't reached that before and I haven't seen or read anything about what to do in it so I was a bit lost. I just searched this thread and Pinside forums in general and not much comes up about it. Unfortunately my ball got bounced around in the pop bumpers for a bit and then thrown to the slings & left flipper couple times during the mode so I didn't have much chance to complete anything. Toward the end of the timer I did hit a combo and saw something flash on the screen so I'm guessing the goal is to make combos during the mode. No idea what they're worth or if there are different objectives though. Anyone have info on what the objectives & scoring are in the treasure hoard mode?

One other thing, similar to entering a wizard mode the game got relatively quiet for the treasure hoard mode. I'm hoping they add some more dramatic or louder music & effects for the wizard modes and treasure hoard. To me it feels a bit off/odd to have the regular game play be sensory overload with lights & sounds and then become a lot calmer for those modes. Still loving this game after about 6 months of almost daily play.

#8573 4 years ago

I am with you on the not understanding treasure hoard. Making combos would make sense to increase value. To cash it out I know I hit tortuga hole and got a bunch of points. So maybe get to treasure hoard. Try and hit as many combos as you can then cash out @ Tortuga. Sounds good

#8574 4 years ago

I have changed my pirate lanes so liars dice can be chosen on 2nd pirate lane. Such a good video mode, a video mode that actually impacts your score in a negative way.

#8575 4 years ago

I really need to read up on liars dice (even though I've only stumbled on it once... And had no idea what I was doing). I freaking love that JJP games aren't just "hit the ramps and win" kind of games.

#8576 4 years ago

I really need to read up on liars dice (even though I've only stumbled on it once... And had no idea what I was doing). I freaking love that JJP games aren't just "hit the ramps and win" kind of games.

I have to give it to JJP on their version of Liars Dice. I've played this game as a kid with my family and very happy to see it here. The stupid AI is really hard to predict. It lies half the time, won't lie the other half and makes it very unpredictable.....as it should be! Love it

#8577 4 years ago

I really need to read up on liars dice

Youtube has non pinball videos to teach you liars dice.

LTG : )

#8578 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

I have to give it to JJP on their version of Liars Dice. I've played this game as a kid with my family and very happy to see it here. The stupid AI is really hard to predict. It lies half the time, won't lie the other half and makes it very unpredictable.....as it should be! Love it

Agreed! Am I missing a setting/option somewhere though or does the game always get to bid first?

#8579 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Youtube has non pinball videos to teach you liars dice.

You think if I can't be bothered to read the manual I'm going to go to the exhausting trouble to find a video on youtube?

I honestly had no idea it was some sort of game outside of POTC. Thanks!

#8580 4 years ago

You think if I can't be bothered to read the manual I'm going to go to the exhausting trouble to find a video on youtube?

#8581 4 years ago

HAHA.. I was just kidding, thanks Lloyd

#8582 4 years ago

I honestly had no idea it was some sort of game outside of POTC. Thanks!

Ditto!

Wow!

My gf said some version of Liar’s Dice has probably existed as long as dice has which dates back to ancient Egypt - possibly as early as 6,000 BC.

Fascinating.

#8583 4 years ago

Wait a minute. You have a girl friend ????

What forum are you posting on about that relationship ? I've got to read that.

#8584 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ha! 0.

#8585 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Haaaaaaaaa!

#8586 4 years ago

Funny guy... =P

#8587 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

LOLOLOL. "Hay group, I try to share my feelings with my girlfriend 3-400 times per day but I don't feel like she's listening??? Problem? To much? You think? I thought about listening to her but that seems like to much work. Will that work? New shoes?" lol

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#8588 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That's great I needed a good laugh thanks ltg

#8589 4 years ago

Just put a deposit on an LE to join the club. Played for the first time last night. Crazy deep game. My brain exploded. But if nothing else, I always went back to the canon shot... What a great toy!

#8590 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Just put a deposit on an LE to join the club. Played for the first time last night. Crazy deep game. My brain exploded. But if nothing else, I always went back to the canon shot... What a great toy!

Congrats on finding a POTC LE.

I thought I got lucky when I ordered mine back in March. I guess some LE's are still available.

#8591 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Congrats on finding a POTC LE.
I thought I got lucky when I ordered mine back in March. I guess some LE's are still available.

Used. Lots of mods and all cliffys, etc.

#8592 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Used. Lots of mods and all cliffys, etc.

Nice! I just did the same.

#8593 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Nice find and Welcome to the crew! Arghhhh.

#8594 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There's a mylar joke to be made about that post but I'm not going to be the one to do it.

#8595 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

There's a mylar joke to be made about that post but I'm not going to be the one to do it.

Make sure to wrap your playfield?

#8596 4 years ago

Just in case anyone else here wanted another datapoint on the playfield cracking/chipping I took this pics at our closest barcade tonight. This is the only other POTC I've seen in person, also happens to be a LE. I'd say this is probably even worse than mine. I am going to try and find the operator and tell them about the "fix". Hate to see it get worse, but maybe that is what JJP needs? I was pondering this today, when it popped in to my brain that I have the WOZ playfield repair decals sitting in the bottom of my WOZ waiting for install, has JJP not learned from that? I suppose not.. they made some decals and all was good, it seems. I mean, my WOZ playfield is fuuuuuuuuuuudged up around all of the pops.

(And no.. I'm not just posting images of my game again! ... heh.. mine has cliffy on the tortuga and clear rings)

0504191943_HDR (resized).jpg0504191943_HDR (resized).jpg0504191944 (resized).jpg0504191944 (resized).jpg0504191944a (resized).jpg0504191944a (resized).jpg0504191944b (resized).jpg0504191944b (resized).jpg0504191944c (resized).jpg0504191944c (resized).jpg0504191948 (resized).jpg0504191948 (resized).jpg
#8597 4 years ago

Discovered something interesting about the camera processing logic for the wanted pictures when playing tonight.

It uses glasses as a point of reference for your eyes. We are always trying to make wacky wanted shots and see what it will and won't accept (placeholder or standard shot of you from another game means it rejected the picture). Tonight I put my glasses over my mouth on my chin and widened my eyes. To my surprise, the picture on the wanted poster was of my neck and chest! No face! It thought the glasses were my eyes and processed down from there, didn't find a nose or mouth and kept going. Crazy. We'll keep testing the parameters of the image processing to find more cracks.

#8598 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Discovered something interesting about the camera processing logic for the wanted pictures when playing tonight.
It uses glasses as a point of reference for your eyes. We are always trying to make wacky wanted shots and see what it will and won't accept (placeholder or standard shot of you from another game means it rejected the picture). Tonight I put my glasses over my mouth on my chin and widened my eyes. To my surprise, the picture on the wanted poster was of my neck and chest! No face! It thought the glasses were my eyes and processed down from there, didn't find a nose or mouth and kept going. Crazy. We'll keep testing the parameters of the image processing to find more cracks.

Do the pics show up somewhere else than just right after the game takes it? I never see them again and didn't notice any menu setting for that.

#8599 4 years ago

Do the pics show up somewhere else than just right after the game takes it? I never see them again and didn't notice any menu setting for that.

They show up on wanted posters that scroll right to left in the attract mode.

#8600 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They show up on wanted posters that scroll right to left in the attract mode.

Can you make them show (using buttons)? I don't think I've seen them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/172?hl=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.