(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 378.
#8501 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I guess we need a recent CE owner to see what the blue marker number is under their PF.

Hmm.. I MAY be one of the more recent CE owners... 12/27/18.

#8502 4 years ago

I know the pinside owner list only represents a small percentage of the overall community but I was surprised to see a total of 302 LE/CE owners. That seems low to me.

#8503 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

What’s the number under PF?

#8504 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

There are people that have bought CEs in the last couple weeks. Just dunno when they were made.

#8505 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What’s the number under PF?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8506 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I know the pinside owner list only represents a small percentage of the overall community but I was surprised to see a total of 302 LE/CE owners. That seems low to me.

I bought a le, but haven't added it to my collection list.

#8507 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I bought a le, but haven't added it to my collection list.

Exactly why I said the pinside numbers are naturally low. Many that don’t show what they have.

#8508 4 years ago

So CEs aren't broken out from LEs if your CE is 566. The LE here is almost 800, in mid-feb, so 6 weeks to make ~200 from the one you have in late Dec. So, maybe 1000 total then.

#8509 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So CEs aren't broken out from LEs if your CE is 566. The LE here is almost 800, in mid-feb, so 6 weeks to make ~200 from the one you have in late Dec. So, maybe 1000 total then.

Interesting mine is a 10/8/18 build with a PF of 187.

#8510 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Interesting mine is a 10/8/18 build with a PF of 187.

So it looks like they were building about 35 a week/7 a day. Adding 385 (almost 11 weeks from 10-8 to 12-27) puts it at 572, which is almost dead on to the actual 566 number.

#8511 4 years ago

I am really not seeing meaning/patterns in these blue numbers.

Mine is 376 on an 11/19/2018 build date.

#8512 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am really not seeing meaning/patterns in these blue numbers.
Mine is 376 on an 11/19/2018 build date.

Look harder.

187 on 10/8 plus 5.5 weeks (10/8 to 11/19) of ~35/week puts the output at 379 on 11/19 - almost dead on to what you have and certainly within the margin of ~7 for that build day. Seems to be very accurate as long as they're constantly building. It gets sketchy in March/early April because they ran out of parts and we don't know when that happened exactly so the constant rate doesn't apply.

But it seems like they will have made about 1000 in total for the run of all three flavors combined.

#8513 4 years ago

For those with SE, by choice or missing out on LE order I put in the back illumination from Mezel mods, looks great! I now ordered $500 in mods, damn hobby.

05DC1289-204C-4C18-8B28-7163BA9768EA (resized).jpeg05DC1289-204C-4C18-8B28-7163BA9768EA (resized).jpeg3E536699-BDBE-4069-98E7-10B47F36E5B4 (resized).jpeg3E536699-BDBE-4069-98E7-10B47F36E5B4 (resized).jpeg
#8514 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look harder.
187 on 10-8 plus 5.5 weeks (10/8 to 11/19) of ~35/week puts the output at 379 - almost dead on to what you have and certainly within the margin of ~7 for that build day.

Interesting. I had two machines, one built on a Friday and the other built the following Monday. The difference in serials was 23. (Not sure on the blue numbers as I no longer have the Monday machine to check it.)

#8515 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

For those with SE, by choice or missing out on LE order I put in the back illumination from Mezel mods, looks great! I now ordered $500 in mods, damn hobby.
[quoted image][quoted image]

$500... ha, chump change! I can easily spend $1000!

Why is your BP spotlight pointed to the left?

I took out the backboard lighting on my LE because it makes the starmap look horrible.

#8516 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Interesting. I had two machines, one built on a Friday and the other built the following Monday. The difference in serials was 23. (Not sure on the blue numbers as I no longer have the Monday machine to check it.)

They could have had a weekend shift that Saturday (first one Friday to last one Monday, plus a Saturday would be 21 at 7 a day), but it's certainly within the macro average output of ~35 a week. I think the weekly number is more stable. The daily variations within the week are probably a lot greater.

#8517 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They could have had a weekend shift that Saturday (first one Friday to last one Monday, plus a Saturday would be 21 at 7 a day), but it's certainly within the macro average output of ~35 a week. I think the weekly number is more stable. The daily variations within the week are probably a lot greater.

Whatever the production number is, it's clearly not enough

#8518 4 years ago

Using the 35/week, I made a quick spreadsheet (no graph) with actual vs expected. They're VERY close. IF they ran to 3/15 solid, they'd have 954. 3/25 would put them at 1004.

Date Actual Expected
8-Oct 187
19-Nov 376 397
12/27/2018 566 566
2/11/2019 794 796
3/15/2019 ??? 954

Quoted from zaphX:

Whatever the production number is, it's clearly not enough

Especially since the most desirable model is only 70% or so of those 1000. Nowhere near enough for the growing demand. Pretty sure Jack will circle back to this once Wonka fizzles and run a fill-in. There's enough demand and I assume it will only grow as the software is polished a bit more.

Also, I just re-read your post and realized you were talking about the serial numbers being 23 apart. That's meaningless. The only thing that matters is the blue number on the playfield. The serials are somewhat to massively arbitrary. So your two pins were probably actually much closer if you compare blue numbers (have your buyer look!).

#8519 4 years ago

Has anyone with production in mar/apr posted a PF number?

Not that it matters just interesting data points.

#8520 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Has anyone with production in mar/apr posted a PF number?
Not that it matters just interesting data points.

I don't think they were making them in April, until MAYBE the last couple days since they were out of parts to finish what they had left to do for the whole month. But it would be interesting to see if any March builds post their blue number.

#8521 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

$500... ha, chump change! I can easily spend $1000!
Why is your BP spotlight pointed to the left?
I took out the backboard lighting on my LE because it makes the starmap look horrible.

I didn’t even notice, I’ve had it 3 days and didn’t think of it. It should be pointed back I’m guessing?

#8522 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Good lord man. That is a stupid good score!

Glad someone said it.. "Hey guys, my game is not scoring a bunch of the shots, some stuff doesn't work and I just set it up but I laid down a monster score" ... I'm gonna go take a bath with my toaster.

Quoted from anathematize:

I was going to mention that but even in that case its a pretty amazing score for 'not knowing the rules and things not working 100%'
GG. Time for me to hang it up. LOL.

Quoted from joseph5185:

So... if I turn on ball saves I can score 10M?
Holy F that's a HIGH score!
And you didn't know the rules...that doesn't even make sense..
Is this real!??

Haha ok I wasn’t expecting this sort of response! This is my first JJP machine and I’ve only played a few games on location before last night. I know that JJP machines tend to score lower than Sterns so I didn’t really know if this was a good score or not. Guess I have my answer!

When I say I don’t know the rules, I know some of the basics - ie how to start the chest multiball, that I have to hit all of the major shots to light the multiball on the left ramp, that loops from the upper flipper lead to another multiball etc. I just don’t know the intracacies of the scoring and rules. I’m not sure how I got this score but I had a couple of multiballs with a good playfield multiplier and arr frenzy running at the same time on one ball, tortuga on another ball... no idea what else was going on to be honest!

But to answer one question, yes this is a real score, three ball game, glass on, although from what everyone is saying I doubt I’ll ever beat it. Do high scores carry over when the software is updated on JJP machines?

#8523 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I didn’t even notice, I’ve had it 3 days and didn’t think of it. It should be pointed back I’m guessing?

Welcome Yeah, it lights the BP playfield... should help a bit

#8524 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

But to answer one question, yes this is a real score, three ball game, glass on, although from what everyone is saying I doubt I’ll ever beat it. Do high scores carry over when the software is updated on JJP machines?

I believe they carryover, settings seem to.

I bet you'll beat it, if you can throw that kind of score down without being school in the rules then you obviously have the skill to hit shots reliably especially on a new machine with issues.

#8525 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I guess we need a recent CE owner to see what the blue marker number is under their PF.

I have taken a photo of the inside label for CE number 030, with a manufacture date of 8th January 2019. I have not looked at the blue marker as I am not sure what else that would add?

IMG_1733 (resized).jpgIMG_1733 (resized).jpg
#8526 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

I have taken a photo of the inside label for CE number 030, with a manufacture date of 8th January 2019. I have not looked at the blue marker as I am not sure what else that would add?[quoted image]

The blue number stamped on the bottom of the playfield is the actual order. The serial numbers are meaningless for production tracking.

Your blue number should be in the low 600's.

#8527 4 years ago

I believe they carryover, settings seem to.
I bet you'll beat it, if you can throw that kind of score down without being school in the rules then you obviously have the skill to hit shots reliably especially on a new machine with issues.

Delta updates do not overwrite settings and high scores. However, FULL installs do. You should backup your settings/scores before doing any full install, so you can restore them afterwards.

#8528 4 years ago

delete - double post

#8529 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So to clarify does the LE have a number presented on the back box in the same way that a CE does?

#8530 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

So to clarify does the LE have a number presented on the back box in the same way that a CE does?

Yes, there's a collector's plate with a number on the LEs, too.

#8531 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, there's a collector's plate with a number on the LEs, too.

So if we have 200 CE's I am yet to get a final figure on the LE production run?

Anyone anywhere any input?

#8532 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

So if we have 200 CE's I am yet to get a final figure on the LE production run?
Anyone anywhere any input?

A> We don't know that 200 CEs are actually built or will be built. That was the limit, not the total actually produced.
B> The blue number is ALL jjPotCs, SE, LE, CE, so we can only guesstimate. It looks like ~1000 is the total made.

#8533 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The blue number stamped on the bottom of the playfield is the actual order. The serial numbers are meaningless for production tracking.
Your blue number should be in the low 600's.

Okay so LE's and CE's (er and maybe SE's) all made together and the sequence is the blue number underneath the playfield, that is interesting. I will have a look in the morning and see what it is.

TBH I was surprised to get a 30 manufactured in 2019!

#8534 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A> We don't know that 200 CEs are actually built or will be built. That was the limit, not the total.
B> The blue number is ALL jjPotCs, SE, LE, CE, so we can only guesstimate. It looks like ~1000 is the total made.

I think the 200 figure for CE is documented, the one that is missing is the LE?

#8535 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

Okay so LE's and CE's (er and maybe SE's) all made together and the sequence is the blue number underneath the playfield, that is interesting. I will have a look in the morning and see what it is.
TBH I was surprised to get a 30 manufactured in 2019!

You may have gotten a 130 CE with a 30 plate for all we know. The number on the plate is meaningless and distributors/customers often request specific numbers on their plate.

#8536 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

I think the 200 figure for CE is documented, the one that is missing is the LE?

The 200 LIMIT is documented. We don't know how many were actually produced. They may not have hit the limit.

#8537 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The 200 LIMIT is documented. We don't know how many were actually produced. They may not have hit the limit.

So the number of LE's is unknown then?

I here the feedback on the CE, but not much on the LE production run? Please bear in mind that for WW the production numbers are in the public domain right now for CE and LE, this does not seem to be the case foe POTC?

#8538 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

So the number of LE's is unknown then?
I here the feedback on the CE, but not much on the LE production run? Please bear in mind that for WW the production numbers are in the public domain right now for CE and LE, this does not seem to be the case foe POTC?

You're confusing the stated production LIMITS for each type with the ACTUAL amount made. Wonka hasn't even been released yet. There's no production numbers made and verified.

On jjPotC since the SE, LE, and CE production was combined with the blue number on the playfield and not separated out, we may never know the actual amount of each. Just a rough total and an estimate of how that breaks down.

#8539 4 years ago

Pretty fascinating conversation.

You guys REALLY want to know how many are out there or going to be out there, yea?

#8540 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

I have taken a photo of the inside label for CE number 030, with a manufacture date of 8th January 2019. I have not looked at the blue marker as I am not sure what else that would add?[quoted image]

Yours is the 197th CE built. The blue stamped number is the overall sequence number for all models combined.

#8541 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Yours is the 197th CE built

But are the serial number stickers reliable indicators of actual order?

The one we have is blue "combined" PF number 794, serial number 514.

If that's the case (and they made 3 more to hit the CE limit), that means that as of 2/11/19, they had only made 83 SE units.

#8542 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, but only within each model. My guess as to how these are numbered was unofficially verified.

#8543 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're confusing the stated production LIMITS for each type with the ACTUAL amount made. Wonka hasn't even been released yet. There's no production numbers made and verified.
On jjPotC since the SE, LE, and CE production was combined with the blue number on the playfield and not separated out, we may never know the actual amount of each. Just a rough total and an estimate of how that breaks down.

That is an interesting comment from you. Most people would think that a limited edition of say 500 meant that only 500 would ever be made?

Not sure how something like this could be confusing to the average person etc?

Below is the WW information that is in the public domain but the same doe not exist for POTC?

wwce (resized).jpgwwce (resized).jpgwwle (resized).jpgwwle (resized).jpg
#8544 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The one we have is blue "combined" PF number 794, serial number 514.

794 overall. If you have an LE, it would be serial numbered 08731514 to be the 514th LE in the run, 794th overall counting all models.

08731 = LE
08732 = SE
08733= CE

Next three digits = sequence within each model

#8545 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Pretty fascinating conversation.
You guys REALLY want to know how many are out there or going to be out there, yea?

Yes please

#8546 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If that's the case (and they made 3 more to hit the CE limit), that means that as of 2/11/19, they had only made 83 SE units.

Correct. Very few SE’s were made. Number 97 was made in first week of March. Highest SE number I have personally seen is 115 (08732115)

#8547 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

That is an interesting comment from you. Most people would think that a limited edition of say 500 meant that only 500 would ever be made?
Not sure how something like this could be confusing to the average person etc?
Below is the WW information that is in the public domain but the same doe not exist for POTC?[quoted image][quoted image]

Again, you're confusing the LIMIT for that model (the most they will make) with the amount ACTUALLY MADE. Totally different numbers. Hint: They're never selling 5000 Wonka LE machines. 20% of that number will be a victory.

#8548 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Yours is the 197th CE built

Now that is very interesting, the scenario that CE's built don't follow a build number. So 030 is the 197th built.

I get that from a factory perspective if thousands of pins are being created in a production environment.

Interesting.

#8549 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

Now that is very interesting, the scenario that CE's built don't follow a build number. So 030 is the 197th built.
I get that from a factory perspective if thousands of pins are being created in a production environment.
Interesting.

Correct. Plaque means nothing as to sequence built. Totally random and in no way cumulative. You could have LE 999 but that doesn’t mean that many were built.

#8550 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Correct. Very few SE’s were made. Number 97 was made in first week of March. Highest SE number I have personally seen is 115 (08732115)

So that (SE late in the run at 115 and 200CEs) puts us back at about 70% of the machines being LEs, or about 700 of the ~1000 total run.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/171 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.