(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 378.
#8451 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We have Cliffies installed. Zero rejects.

Same here...no problems

#8452 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We have Cliffies installed. Zero rejects.

Understood, just asking why he would have issues to see if his setup is different in an attempt to help. Tortuga is a key shot for the game so having issues with it would be a pain.

#8453 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Understood, just asking why he would have issues to see if his setup is different in an attempt to help. Tortuga is a key shot for the game so having issues with it would be a pain.

I was just saving him time in that properly-installed Cliffies don't cause rejects at that hole as ours and others are working fine with Cliffies installed. Sounds like he has the older deflector? It will be good to get some clarity on this for the tech thread in case old PoTCs need to be updated with a newer deflector part.

#8454 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Curious, do you have a Cliffy on this tortoga hole? Never had a reject granted I don't have any metal ring protectors.

Yes... and I inspected the "snubber" bracket and how the cliffy was installed and I see no issues. From what I understand the design changed to fix this issue. The cliffy isn't even close to the edge of the hole (it sits a few mm outside the hole as you probably know). The ball jumps out of the hole itself, it's far past the cliffy, very much as if it hit the "back" of the hole and popped back out.

#8455 4 years ago

Happy to report no issues with Tortuga hole either — without Cliffy’s atm.

#8456 4 years ago

Just called JJP, my game was in one of the first batches, 10/8/18 build. According to Frank there has been an update to the snubber bracket since last October when I got the game. Not sure what the change was but it was due to rejected shots.

New bracket on the way!

#8457 4 years ago

I got fed up when I had 779 gold built up and was rejected 3 times in a row then drain. All after 15 loops, game over.

#8458 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just called JJP, my game was in one of the first batches, 10/8/18 build. According to Frank there has been an update to the snubber bracket since last October when I got the game. Not sure what the change was but it was due to rejected shots.
New bracket on the way!

Repost https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/169#post-4973065

#8459 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

The UK dealer for POTC has stated that they are taking orders for LE's this year as "another batch was being manufactured".
Can anyone tell me what the original batch run was for POTC LE?
Looking at WW the LE numbers are at 5000, that sounds like a lot!

Sounds like they are referring to the final batch of games being made right now? Those I thought have been sold out to distributors for a while. The UK distributor may just be selling those games they already had ordered.

#8460 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I got fed up when I had 779 gold built up and was rejected 3 times in a row then drain. All after 15 loops, game over.

779 gold...

OMG!

I need to play this game more! Haha I have yet to see 100 gold.

#8461 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

779 gold...
OMG!

It was by far the most I’ve had and was furious with the rejected tortuga shots!

#8462 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like they are referring to the final batch of games being made right now? Those I thought have been sold out to distributors for a while. The UK distributor may just be selling those games they already had ordered.

They will make more, just a matter of time

#8463 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It was by far the most I’ve had and was furious with the rejected tortuga shots!

Just out of random curiosity -- can I assume you were at least focused on collecting gold on this particular run?

#8464 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

779 gold...
OMG!

once you get that upper orbit dialed in you'll start to see 100 gold on the table from a single hit to the GOLD targets. probably one of the most satisfying shots in the game. good stuff!

#8465 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

once you get that upper orbit dialed in you'll start to see 100 gold on the table from a single hit to the GOLD targets. probably one of the most satisfying shots in the game. good stuff!

Think I hit the loop 15 times in a row then a hit to the gold targets and there was 600+ from that alone. Followed by me bricking the tortuga shot 3 times in a row and draining! Lol

Sure was fun while it lasted.

#8466 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Think I hit the loop 15 times in a row then a hit to the gold targets and there was 600+ from that alone. Followed by me bricking the tortuga shot 3 times in a row and draining! Lol
Sure was fun while it lasted.

15 loops in a row.. oh my goodness.

I think my record is 4! Haha

#8467 4 years ago

Generally, after a few loops, that next “loop” somehow lands me on the BP.

It’s my assumption that I’m just not quick enough when attempting that next loop and that’s what lands me on the BP instead.

#8468 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Generally, after a few loops, that next “loop” somehow lands me on the BP.
It’s my assumption that I’m just not quick enough when attempting that next loop and that’s what lands me on the BP instead.

I've also had this even after first plung I'll loop it once and almost seems like magnet grabs it on second loop

#8469 4 years ago

I have a short in this spotlight. When I wiggle the wires it goes on and off. The shaker motor seems to shake it enough to make it stop working. How can I tighten the wires in it?

20190502_162427 (resized).jpg20190502_162427 (resized).jpg
#8470 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I have a short in this spotlight. When I wiggle the wires it goes on and off. The shaker motor seems to shake it enough to make it stop working. How can I tighten the wires in it?
[quoted image]

I had the same thing. Pull the bulb straight out. Bend the wires away from the base. Wrap e-tape on the base then bend the wires back over it. Worked like a champ.

#8471 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I've also had this even after first plung I'll loop it once and almost seems like magnet grabs it on second loop

It's either accuracy or you just have to be fast ... or both.

You know when you hit that loop because that ball feeds that flipper again almost instantly...

#8472 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Concur. It's not even a weaker hit. I can't figure that out and on a skill shot, after 3 loops or something, it KILLS me.

#8473 4 years ago

Yes it isnt a weak shot cause when I first got my game I could loop it 5 or 6 times until I messed it up now seems magnet is grabbing it and going in bp

#8474 4 years ago

Unboxed my POTC LE #610 this evening, build date 11/2/18. Unfortunately I had to get it delivered to my friends place as the box won’t fit through my front door, but I’ll be moving it here next week. We noticed a few small issues, so if anyone could point me in the directions of fixes I’d really appreciate it.

1. Shots to The Devils Triangle don’t seem to register.

2. The gate to access the cannon shot on the Pearl doesnt open properly, although we managed to get it in once.

3. 90% of the shots to the Maelstrom ramp end up in the bowl even if the multiball isn’t lit.

4. With the lockbar fully secured, the action button is closed. We had to play with the lockbar slightly loose for the action button to register.

Other than that and a loud disc - definitely going to order the disc silencer kit from the mod couple - I seem to have got lucky with no major issues.

Didn’t have a chance to update the software but did change tilts per game to tilts per ball, slightly increased the lower flipper coil strengths, and turned on the ball save. Other than that with factory settings this was my best score after a few games

C9395538-2F72-4578-8950-D2282AA83865 (resized).jpegC9395538-2F72-4578-8950-D2282AA83865 (resized).jpeg

Can’t wait to get it home and really learn the rules.

#8475 4 years ago

Wow that's one hell of a score

#8476 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

1. Shots to The Devils Triangle don’t seem to register.

The spinner doesn't register, or landing the Devil's Triangle shot to kick off the multiball and such? The switch is way the hell up there and it takes a good hard hit.

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

2. The gate to access the cannon shot on the Pearl doesnt open properly, although we managed to get it in once.

Sometimes the cannon shot gate is closed until you hit a switch on the Pearl. It may be working correctly, but confirm by manually hitting switches with the glass off.

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

3. 90% of the shots to the Maelstrom ramp end up in the bowl even if the multiball isn’t lit.

Huh. Side to side leveling off?

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

4. With the lockbar fully secured, the action button is closed. We had to play with the lockbar slightly loose for the action button to register.

Maybe the button plunger is getting stuck between the leaf switch and the cabinet assembly? LTG recommends a blob of hot glue on the end to give it a bigger "footprint" if this is the case.

Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Other than that with factory settings this was my best score after a few games

Holy crap. Great score!!!

#8477 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

The spinner doesn't register, or landing the Devil's Triangle shot to kick off the multiball and such? The switch is way the hell up there and it takes a good hard hit.

Nothing seems to register at all, and we hit it up there with some force a couple of times. No spinner, no progress towards multiball. I was thinking that the switch attached to the spinner is at fault, but found it odd that the upper switch didn’t seem to register either.

Quoted from zaphX:

Sometimes the cannon shot gate is closed until you hit a switch on the Pearl. It may be working correctly, but confirm by manually hitting switches with the glass off.

I’m pretty sure we hit other switches on the Pearl first, but I’ll pay more attention / try manually next time, thanks.

Quoted from zaphX:

Huh. Side to side leveling off?

I don’t think so, the game seems to play fine with no tilt to the left. It’s almost like the ball catchers the diverter slightly, even when it’s raised.

Quoted from zaphX:

Maybe the button plunger is getting stuck between the leaf switch and the cabinet assembly? LTG recommends a blob of hot glue on the end to give it a bigger "footprint" if this is the case.

It’s looks more that the switch is slightly too close to the button, so that when the lockbar is secured it’s just close enough that it closes the switch. May try loosening the lockbar assembly but I prefer it to be a tight fit.

Quoted from zaphX:

Holy crap. Great score!!!

Thanks, not sure exactly how the scoring works but can’t wait to start figuring it out!

#8478 4 years ago

a

#8479 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Yes it isnt a weak shot cause when I first got my game I could loop it 5 or 6 times until I messed it up now seems magnet is grabbing it and going in bp

I don't think the magnet is grabbing it, at least not every time, because I think I can sort of hear/feel when the magnet energizes and I feel like that isn't happening, at least not every time. I'm gonna have to take off the BP soon so I'll do some manual tests with it off to see if I can see what is happening, if that is possible.

#8480 4 years ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Other than that with factory settings this was my best score after a few games
[quoted image]
Can’t wait to get it home and really learn the rules.

Good lord man. That is a stupid good score!

#8481 4 years ago

Good lord man. That is a stupid good score!

Glad someone said it.. "Hey guys, my game is not scoring a bunch of the shots, some stuff doesn't work and I just set it up but I laid down a monster score" ... I'm gonna go take a bath with my toaster.

#8482 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Glad someone said it.. "Hey guys, my game is not scoring a bunch of the shots, some stuff doesn't work and I just set it up but I laid down a monster score" ... I'm gonna go take a bath with my toaster.

Don't despair, he cheated by setting the tilts to per-ball.

#8483 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I was going to mention that but even in that case its a pretty amazing score for 'not knowing the rules and things not working 100%'

GG. Time for me to hang it up. LOL.

#8484 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Uhhh..... mine is set to that (by the previous owner). Even generally tilting once per ball on the "E" outlane (sometimes I try it on the "I") I rarely save it and haven't topped 820k or so... I'm gonna go grab the blender and throw it in the bath with the toaster, just for good measure.

*But.. in my defense, my BP right spinner doesn't work! So I blame it on that.

#8485 4 years ago

I was going to mention that but even in that case its a pretty amazing score for 'not knowing the rules and things not working 100%'
GG. Time for me to hang it up. LOL.

I know, it's a solid score no matter how you slice it. And about 4x my personal best.

#8486 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

[quoted image]

Mine just started doing that last weekend too.

Quoted from zaphX:

I had the same thing. Pull the bulb straight out. Bend the wires away from the base. Wrap e-tape on the base then bend the wires back over it. Worked like a champ.

Thanks for the tip. I wiggled the bulb and it comes back on for half a game, then goes out. I'll try this.

#8487 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Mine just started doing that last weekend too.

Thanks for the tip. I wiggled the bulb and it comes back on for half a game, then goes out. I'll try this.

Don't twist it, that will spread the connectors open and make it worse.

#8488 4 years ago

We have 1 NIB left to sell at Allentown Pinfest this weekend in the PinballSTAR booth !

Can’t make the show and interested in purchasing ? Email Joe at [email protected].

7E9433BB-12F6-459C-8AE8-DCB2E531C5FC (resized).jpeg7E9433BB-12F6-459C-8AE8-DCB2E531C5FC (resized).jpegD75308DD-A89B-4841-8C88-791E0FB801F1 (resized).jpegD75308DD-A89B-4841-8C88-791E0FB801F1 (resized).jpegFEFEE41A-AEE5-4659-9955-273B343BF40D (resized).jpegFEFEE41A-AEE5-4659-9955-273B343BF40D (resized).jpeg
#8489 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

We have 1 NIB left to sell at Allentown Pinfest this weekend in the PinballSTAR booth !
Can’t make the show and interested in purchasing ? Email Joe at [email protected].
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

But no LEs. SEs aren't really that hard to find, are they?

#8490 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. Yes they are. Not as hard as LEs but I still only found maybe 3 or 4 in my search a few weeks ago (talked to as many distributors as I could).

#8491 4 years ago

Harryhoudini let me know if ya pull the BP and see what's happening there I pulled mine once to do cliffys but really not to excited to do it again. Until I have to clean it again

#8492 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Harryhoudini let me know if ya pull the BP and see what's happening there I pulled mine once to do cliffys but really not to excited to do it again. Until I have to clean it again

I'm home Sat night from a trip, so I should be able to do it Sun.

#8493 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Classic Game Rooms in GA has 4, I purchased 1 last week from them. $199 shipping, bought on Tuesday, shipped Friday and I got it Tuesday.

#8494 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks for the update. Anyone any idea on the final number of LE's?

The JJP website does not say anything about number production for LE or CE for POTC from what I can see. Maybe it was there and it has gone etc.

Just interested to see how it compares to their newest pin as it could also be an indicator of how much they have grown over the last year or so.

On a separate note some great advice on here I have found it most useful

#8495 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

Thanks for the update. Anyone any idea on the final number of LE's?
The JJP website does not say anything about number production for LE or CE for POTC from what I can see. Maybe it was there and it has gone etc.
Just interested to see how it compares to their newest pin as it could also be an indicator of how much they have grown over the last year or so.
On a separate note some great advice on here I have found it most useful

200 CEs
https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/POTC-Matrix-Final.pdf

#8496 4 years ago

I’ve been told by several sources that not all 200 were made so who really knows.

#8497 4 years ago

So... if I turn on ball saves I can score 10M?

Holy F that's a HIGH score!

And you didn't know the rules...that doesn't even make sense..

Is this real!??

#8498 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve been told by several sources that not all 200 were made so who really knows.

What!?

That seems crazy... I'm guessing a "majority" of them were.

#8499 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I guess we need a recent CE owner to see what the blue marker number is under their PF.

#8500 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

What!?
That seems crazy... I'm guessing a "majority" of them were.

I honestly have no idea, I heard this about a month ago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/170 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.