(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 377.
#751 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

My ship stopped rocking this evening.

Look at the rear if the two metal screws fell out of the part that hooks the motor to the ship.

LTG : )

potcship (resized).jpegpotcship (resized).jpeg
#752 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Tell me about it that was my biggest issue when I played the machine the first time!

Gotta know when to strategically NOT go for the gold too!

#753 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Has the relay come loose from the chest ?

Everything is connected. The gate just settles back far enough that when the relay fires the gate doesn't get pulled back. If I push it back and let it settle carefully it will fire once then when it snaps back it goes too far. I am slowly bending it and getting it closer. Worked a couple of times in a row this time and then failed.

#754 5 years ago

Okay! So I had my best game tonight followed by continued issues

1. My upper Playfield left flipper works totally fine for about half a game when I first turn on the machine then it stop working in the down position. I have looked at the mech and it all appears normal and has up and down play in the mech so it’s not binding. I’m stumped. Once it stops flipping it won’t start again until I turn off the machine, give it a while and then play again.

2. The chest mechanism is also intermittently working. Meaning I can put three balls in and it will release into the MB and or sometimes not. Then randomly it seems, it stops releasing the ball. In coil testing it doesn’t release. You can hear it fire, you see it trying but the magnet isn’t pulling the release. Also stumped :sigh:

I’m a new owner and I don’t know how to work on all this stuff... this is really frustrating.

51493FD1-0617-4BEB-B6B9-253E45976F5A (resized).jpeg51493FD1-0617-4BEB-B6B9-253E45976F5A (resized).jpeg
#755 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

You can hear it fire, you see it trying but the magnet isn’t pulling the release. Also stumped :sigh:

Check if the relay is loose behind the chest.

#756 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check if the relay is loose behind the chest.

I can see the mech, what does that relay look like?

Any ideas on the flipper?

#757 5 years ago

I can see the mech, what does that look like?

Behind the chest. A simple relay that pulls in or releases out, and the arm that traps the balls or lets them go is hooked to it.

Any ideas on the flipper?

Please go into Tests - Dedicated - push flipper button in slowly, two switches should register on the screen, first one then the second. The second one is for upper flippers, leaf blade switch, might need adjusting so it's closer to flipper button.

#758 5 years ago

When I push in the flipper button slowly one goes green and then the next goes green. When I just turned it back on all 3 left Flippers work perfectly fine. then I keep hitting the button and the upper left flipper on upper playfield stops working and the other two left Flippers keep working upper and lower. The screen shows that the upper playfield left eos D05 stops turning green when it doesn’t flip properly.

What am I looking for regarding the relay? Like should I be trying to move it around to see if it turns or something?

#759 5 years ago
A57EA552-1AF7-449C-93A1-6BE48C31F0D4 (resized).jpegA57EA552-1AF7-449C-93A1-6BE48C31F0D4 (resized).jpeg
#760 5 years ago
555D414A-BD78-43AB-BD93-E1F226DE8A0E (resized).jpeg555D414A-BD78-43AB-BD93-E1F226DE8A0E (resized).jpeg
#761 5 years ago

After pushing the mech/magnet towards the lever, it is now catching every time. Then the lever would not release the ball because it didn’t move far enough back when the magnet was on. Further adjusted the whole mech by pulling it and the lever away from the chest and now it seems to work every time.

Did 3 multiball tests and many random balls into the chest and currently engaging with magnet and releasing every time. Thanks LTG.

Now if I can address the flipper, game will be back to 99% minus the led strip on the topper which doesn’t work.

#762 5 years ago

After pushing the mech/magnet towards the lever, it is now catching every time. Then the lever would not release the ball because it didn’t move far enough back when the magnet was on. Further adjusted the whole mech by pulling it and the lever away from the chest and now it seems to work every time.
Did 3 multiball tests and many random balls into the chest and currently engaging with magnet and releasing every time. Thanks LTG.
Now if I can address the flipper, game will be back to 99% minus the led strip on the topper which doesn’t work.

Do you have the Collector's version? I noticed you mentioned a topper. If so, that makes me sad that so many issues could occur on a table that expensive, yet alone the cheaper models, which aren't exactly cheap....

#763 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Do you have the Collector's version? I noticed you mentioned a topper. If so, that makes me sad that so many issues could occur on a table that expensive, yet alone the cheaper models, which aren't exactly cheap....

Don't think the collector's versions are out yet.

#764 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

No CE have shipped as far as I know. Someone quoted Jen as saying that they are halting SE/LE production to run the CE next.

The LE has a topper which many have had issues with, setting up (IE: screws, length of wiring etc...). This might be one of the first (possibly second) that has posted as the LED strip not working.

#765 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

No CE have shipped as far as I know. Someone quoted Jen as saying that they are halting SE/LE production to run the CE next.
The LE has a topper which many have had issues with, setting up (IE: screws, length of wiring etc...). This might be one of the first (possibly second) that has posted as the LED strip not working.

He has a LE. CE are not shipping til December. His topper has not worked from day 1.

#766 5 years ago

on my upper playfield my right flipper stopped working and when I looked under the mini playfield a wire was hanging down and binding up the flipper, just had to move the wire over and all works good now. Could you check for that?

#767 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

on my upper playfield my right flipper stopped working and when I looked under the mini playfield a wire was hanging down and binding up the flipper, just had to move the wire over and all works good now. Could you check for that?

There was a bundle of wire hanging in he way before, I have already moved it but it didn’t fix my issue. Apparently it’s whatever adjustment is associated with the upper pf left flipper EOS light in the testing. It’s intermittent. I guess I will remove the playfield.

#768 5 years ago

I have a recurring problem where I turn on the game and the bottom LCD only shows about a quarter of the image and its off center. I have to turn the game off and on again and then it fixes it. I'm wondering if it is a code issue or something? It happens like 50% of the time.

#769 5 years ago

Is there a line-out to hook up a subwoofer?

#770 5 years ago

Did you ever check the voltage? Do you have a volt meter/multi-meter? Also, i didn't look at mine, but is the connector reversable? LEDs are diodes and only work one way.

#771 5 years ago

Update: The treasure chest is working perfectly now. So there is that.

Onto the more persistent issue. The upper left flipper on the upper playfield. The flipper continues to work perfectly, intermittently. Once it stops working, it stops. The tests show its the EOS light that doesn’t come on when it isn’t working right but comes on when it does. I took the clip and the Allen screw out and tilted the ship as much as I could. The leaf switch seems to be adjusted properly, but I messed with it a bit to no avail. Same working and then not working.

Then I tried to remove the ship. That was a nightmare. It may only be that rod and clip holding it in but under the pf the cables are separated and placed into a bunch of different bundles. It would have been nice if it was just the cat5 cable and then 1 huge bundle you could just unsnap and slid it out. Instead, 2 different sets of wires are extremely difficult to follow to the origin and al together you would have to cut open multiple zip ties to release all the cables that go to the ship. I am not confident enough to do all of that. So I am stuck.

I also am wondering could it be a poor solder or a cold solder? Which would be why the leaf switch looks okay and it has play in the flipper (up and down) but still only works sometimes? Either way, I can’t remove that upper playfield so I am still stuck it’s basically impossible to load the cannon as the game sits now. Does JJP send out techs? I am in Richmond VA.

#772 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Look at the rear if the two metal screws fell out of the part that hooks the motor to the ship.

@LTG
Connected just fine. Not that it matters in this case, but should the large foam block be removed? Looks like it is a buffer between the back of the cabinet and the play field when sliding it back.

Also tested voltage to the motor. Nothing. In ship test mode with coin door closed.

72564BF8-C62E-4E76-A3B3-3E3531952467 (resized).jpeg72564BF8-C62E-4E76-A3B3-3E3531952467 (resized).jpeg

1D01AD96-F35A-4F7D-9ED8-CB009352E9D0 (resized).jpeg1D01AD96-F35A-4F7D-9ED8-CB009352E9D0 (resized).jpeg
#773 5 years ago

Where can I find rules and gameplay strategies for tournament play?

#774 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

but should the large foam block be removed?

Yes.

Quoted from Rbviessman:

Also tested voltage to the motor. Nothing. In ship test mode with coin door closed.

I'd follow wiring up to and onto the I/O board in the head. See if a connector came off.

#775 5 years ago

I also am wondering could it be a poor solder or a cold solder?

Yes.

Does JJP send out techs?

No. Frank the service manager may have some he can refer you to. Also check with your distributor for help.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#776 5 years ago

LTG OK. Not sure what’s going on. I moved the motor a bit and then it started moving back and forth. I ran it for a couple minutes. Then it started slowing down gradually until it stopped again. I moved some of the bundle of wires going down the play field and started the motor again. So far it is working again.
How long should I run it in test mode without damaging the motor? Any other suggestions?

Got my highest score ever after all this. 531,739.

#777 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

How long should I run it in test mode without damaging the motor? Any other suggestions?

I wouldn't run it long, won't damage anything. Not necessary.

Somewhere in the bundle of wires or what they connect to, you have a loose connection. If problem returns, please check all from under playfield to I/O board and see if any are loose. Give them all a good push.

#778 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I wouldn't run it long, won't damage anything. Not necessary.
Somewhere in the bundle of wires or what they connect to, you have a loose connection. If problem returns, please check all from under playfield to I/O board and see if any are loose. Give them all a good push.

Why would it slow down little by little and then stop?

#779 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

Why would it slow down little by little and then stop?

Poor connection coming undone.

#780 5 years ago

I am about to buy a CE and after reading about these issues I am absolutely a bit more concerned about how things are going to go.

Yes, nothing is perfect, but functional issues that leave buyers with a non working product and no means of correction are something the industry needs to fix. If my new car had major issues and the dealer told me they would provide parts, but I had to do the work.... i honestly cant think of any other product where the buyer is expected to do the work to a brand new product.

#781 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

If my new car had major issues and the dealer told me they would provide parts, but I had to do the work.... i honestly cant think of any other product where the buyer is expected to do the work to a brand new product.

Does your car dealer come to your house and fix your car ? Or do you have to get your car to the dealer ?

Buy your pinball machine from a distributor who will assist you after the sale, if you need more than parts.

#782 5 years ago

Actually, mine (Tesla) does. But other car manufacturers have dealerships in nearly every major city and most minor cities. Heck, most have multiple in one city, making repair via bringing in the car, possible and convenient to the customer. Most car manufacturers also have contracts with these dealers to provide service and fix the vehicles under warranty.

Pinball distributors do not have that kind of spread throughout the country, whether it be in location or quantity. This makes it impractical to expect delivery of a game to the distributor for repair any time the game screws up. Additionally, these distributors don’t have contracts to do free repairs to get games working under warranty. Furthermore, it doesn’t cost someone 400 dollars in shipping to bring their car in for a check engine light or oil change, in most situations it takes under 30 minutes. To expect the masses of people who enjoy pinball to have the abilities to take apart a new games playfield and inspect/repair engineering mechanisms right out of the box is not the best practice and it makes the underlying reasoning behind your response invalid.

A more practical and useful practice may be having a network of technicians that can be sent out to work on warrantied games under a contract with the pinball manufacturer.

Either way, he has the right to be concerned. The game is great. But paying 9500 for a game and having to basically disassemble and troubleshoot a brand new product is not fun, nor is it good for business, nor does it leave a good memory in the mind of the purchaser. Lastly, it can hurt pinball from spreading in popularity because the level of knowledge required for basic repair right out of the box can be extremely high.

Me, I just want to get my game working fully as the title has been a lot of fun, even without the use of that flipper. I don’t think the expectation should be that I might need to ship back a new game to Nebraska.

At the end of the day, this is my 4th JJP title. Overall, I am happy to be a customer and enjoy the machines. Please do not see this as an attack, only a dialogue. I have not had major issues with previous titles, only minor tweaks that require the bending of a part or tightening bolts/screws. I hope that you can understand how frustrating it must be on this end of the sale when a new game arrives that passed QC yet requires repairs that are outside of those low level requirements.

#783 5 years ago

I get what you are saying LTG...and yes my manufacturer does if my car cant make it to the dealership... and they provide a loaner car.

Tesla, Ford, and Chevy all provide this service via direct (tesla), and via warranty reimbursement to the dealer (Chevy and Ford).

#784 5 years ago

...and not a single car dealer/manufacturer asks me to repair my own car while under warranty.

#785 5 years ago

And please dont see my tone as negative here, I want JJP to continue making great games, and I am really excited about my CE. If no one urged improvements then any company would think that everything is fine and never improve. I speak as a friend in this situation, and am willing to do the work, but so many others are not going to tolerate this and simply pass on purchasing. That will hurt us all and we will quickly be back to 2002 where it was a very difficult time for the industry.

#786 5 years ago

I really want to purchase an LE, but I'm a Simpleton...definately not Mr. Goodwrench. I'm reading posts where guys are zip tying the ball lock (treasure chest) due to product arriving with missing parts. The frustration and time spent Jimmy Rigging your brand new machines is disheartening to read. Weekends ear marked for fun...overshadowed by disappointment.
I understand parts shift during shipping, but missing parts on a new game is inexcusable.
My advice to JJP is simple. Fire Helen Keller, and employ competent Quality Control. That person should have only one job. End of rant.

#787 5 years ago
Quoted from ChiroCop:

I really want to purchase an LE, but I'm a Simpleton...definately not Mr. Goodwrench. I'm reading posts where guys are zip tying the ball lock (treasure chest) due to product arriving with missing parts. The frustration and time spent Jimmy Rigging your brand new machines is disheartening to read. Weekends ear marked for fun...overshadowed by disappointment.
I understand parts shift during shipping, but missing parts on a new game is inexcusable.
My advice to JJP is simple. Fire Helen Keller, and employ competent Quality Control. That person should have only one job. End of rant.

Totally disagree, I’ve had Sterns nib with way more work. X-men was over two months after I opened it to play first game. Iron Maiden was missing parts out of the box too.
But then again GOT was insert balls and ready to play, WozRR same.Honestly it’s kind of luck of the draw.

Want to increase your odds for a problem free games? Wait for a further down the production line game or buy a HUO game.
As well as buy from a local good distributor so someone can come help you in person.

#788 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Totally disagree, I’ve had Sterns nib with way more work. X-men was over two months after I opened it to play first game. Iron Maiden was missing parts out of the box too.
But then again GOT was insert balls and ready to play, WozRR same.Honestly it’s kind of luck of the draw.
Want to increase your odds for a problem free games? Wait for a further down the production line game or buy a HUO game.
As well as buy from a local good distributor so someone can come help you in person.

Well. This is sorta what we were getting at. Aren’t you tired of it being the luck of the draw? For the price we pay. We deserve better than that. If everyone’s game was delayed 1 full day and put through additional intensive QC. I’m betting things would change for a net positive in pinball. Also the distributor advice you gave was good but sometimes there isnt a truly local distributor or perhaps only sells Sterns.The fact your best best for a perfectly working pinball machine comes from buying a used game HUO and letting that individual deal with the issues from the factory or getting one from the end of the assembly line is just a sad fact of pinball at this moment. It’s true, and that sucks.

I want to see Pinball reach new heights and spread all over the world and be in home everywhere. I think that the repair aspect without local warranty support is a big hurdle to this movement. The pinball game has changed dramatically over the last 30 years. The hobby has moved from basically only bars and arcades to more in home collections. This expectation by pinball companies that home users should have their own pinball tech while a new game is under warranty is an artifact of a past generation of pinball sales. This isnt JJP's fault, lets be clear on that, but the hobby would be better served if this service issue was alleviated somehow. Then I think pinball could truly see a massive increase in popularity, more so than it already has. More sales for everyone and happier customers. A win win really.

#789 5 years ago

Mine is coming Monday. Hope not to have a lot of problems out of box.my Dile works perfect from day one . So cross fingers

#790 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

If my new car had major issues and the dealer told me they would provide parts, but I had to do the work.... i honestly cant think of any other product where the buyer is expected to do the work to a brand new product.

Well adding to the cargument, when you spend $30,000+ you kind of expect the car to be inspected properly and tested properly, so you do not have any issues at all. Same goes for when you spend $8000+ on a pinball machine.

Being a Stern fanboy I always am defending Stern games for manufacturer defects, but reading these JJP threads has me thinking maybe Stern's QC is not as bad as people portray. JJP seems to have same problems with QC and when people say they are built like tanks-well that is great once you fix all the issues from factory first. Watching all the WOZ owners with failing light boards was a true testament to lack of testing. Not trying to bash JJP, but it is clear to me that they have same issues as other manufacturers and are not 'special'.

#791 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well adding to the cargument, when you spend $30,000+ you kind of expect the car to be inspected properly and tested properly, so you do not have any issues at all. Same goes for when you spend $8000+ on a pinball machine.
Being a Stern fanboy I always am defending Stern games for manufacturer defects, but reading these JJP threads has me thinking maybe Stern's QC is not as bad as people portray. JJP seems to have same problems with QC and when people say they are built like tanks-well that is great once you fix all the issues from factory first. Watching all the WOZ owners with failing light boards was a true testament to lack of testing. Not trying to bash JJP, but it is clear to me that they have same issues as other manufacturers and are not 'special'.

To be fair to JJP, they push the envelope well beyond anything stern does. However, because of this level of jam packed goodness and innovation that their games provide, QC of the final product is even more important.

#792 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well adding to the cargument, when you spend $30,000+ you kind of expect the car to be inspected properly and tested properly, so you do not have any issues at all.

I’ve had issues from NIB pins from both manufacturers. JJP has ALWAYS went beyond expectations for support and they are easy to talk to. People get wrapped around the axle on these new release titles. I don’t know of a single product out there that is perfect from the start, they all receive improvements. Customer service from manufacturer and distributor is key and what keeps people coming back IMO.

#793 5 years ago

jam packed goodness

That is a good analogy of JJP games-they are jam packed. Some people think that adds value and makes them superior, but I think it adds congestion and makes their games clunky. (I do really like Dialed In/ POTC is growing on me) but for $8000 plus I do feel like owners should not have to become MacGyver and fix their own games. Stern messed up big time with GOT Premium/LE orbit diverter-lack of testing and then trying to have home owner's take apart upper playfield-are you kidding me? My point is, companies need to emphasize more on quality control before releasing titles. One thing I have learned as an observer of JJP games is it may be better to wait and purchase later runs after all the 'kinks' are worked out. If I was buying a WOZ-I would only consider a newer 2.0 version. My .02

#794 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I’ve had issues from NIB pins from both manufacturers. JJP has ALWAYS went beyond expectations for support and they are easy to talk to. People get wrapped around the axle on these new release titles. I don’t know of a single product out there that is perfect from the start, they all receive improvements. Customer service from manufacturer and distributor is key and what keeps people coming back IMO.

I couldn't agree more with customer support. JJP has never had issues when it comes to attempting to help over the phone, or sending out parts. Their quality is high, innovations are top notch and the games are fully loaded. This is why I have owned every JJP game. Where the concerns come in at is the physical customer support when a home user cannot take apart a pinball machine with new innovations and tech and is then expected to have the knowledge to diagnose and fix it. The final QC of a fully working game and the possible immediate need for support beyond minor tweaks is a big deal/concern. If I go ask 20 of my friends to come over and "fix" my pinball machine. They will all laugh and say, yeah, good luck with that. You could pretty much guess that I would get the same response if I was to ask 20 random people to fix my broken down car, if they weren't mechanics. This causes a barrier and is a legitimate concern for current or potential home users.

I knew the risks, I bought the game anyways. I am just saying in the future I hope their is a better system put in place. I now have a game that doesn't function properly with no ability to fix said problem.The warranty is there but only as good as their ability to provide me support. Which in pinball, for all manufacturers, currently ends at "I hope you know how to fix it yourself, sorry."

#795 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Fair point. My counter is; did you pay $9500 for X-men? *grin*

I'm getting ready to lock down on $12.5k for the CE and if I have to deal with broken wires, mechs not working, etc.. I'm going to be really disappointed.

Granted, I am going to go to JJP and pick up the game myself with the hope that my game will be sitting there, legs on where I can play it for a bit and go over every inch of the game before driving back to a distributor free location.

#796 5 years ago

I just played the pin. Really nice job on this one JJP! My family would love this one in the basement game room. Congrats to those fortunate enough to own one!

#797 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That is a good analogy of JJP games-they are jam packed. Some people think that adds value and makes them superior, but I think it adds congestion and makes their games clunky. (I do really like Dialed In/ POTC is growing on me) but for $8000 plus I do feel like owners should not have to become MacGyver and fix their own games. Stern messed up big time with GOT Premium/LE orbit diverter-lack of testing and then trying to have home owner's take apart upper playfield-are you kidding me? My point is, companies need to emphasize more on quality control before releasing titles. One thing I have learned as an observer of JJP games is it may be better to wait and purchase later runs after all the 'kinks' are worked out. If I was buying a WOZ-I would only consider a newer 2.0 version. My .02

Toys, features, and code support are what helps justify the high end prices and personally I think JJP is leading the industry in all 3. I'm not going to pay $8k-$10k for a game with 2 ramps and little else on the playfield, flow is overrated at those prices. Bring on the congestion, the toys, the interactive features and deep code support Stern just isn't doing that but is instead charging JJP level prices for their levels and offering half as much.

In regards to early WOZ's having light board issues that was on their first very game. The issue has been fixed for 5 years. Also, WOZ is easily the most ambitious first game a new pinball company has ever put out. JJP with their very first game leaped far ahead of Stern, a 25 + year well estlabished company, in terms of technology, features and code. Doing that came with some growing pains and JJP supported early WOZ games well after they were out of warranty. Also, a majority of games with 7.5v light boards have never had any issues. The light board issue was wide spread on 5v games made from May of 2013 (initial release) to around August / September of 2013.

I hear ya on QC. All pinball companies need to get better. If Stern and JJP want to charge record NIB prices then they need to offer top quality control. I'm sure some of the issues presented in the thread could have been resolved had more play testing been done at the factory.

#798 5 years ago

I will offer $100 bucks cash to anyone that has the knowledge and know how to come and fix my machine. From the looks of it, it will likely involve removal of the upper playfield, and anything concerning flipper repair/soldering. I live in Chester VA right outside of Richmond. I have from 7pm tonight to tuesday night off. The earlier the better. This also comes with as many free games you want on POTC after, or WOZRR or HOBBIT.

#799 5 years ago

I need to reword

#800 5 years ago

Short rant, First of, Thank you to LTG for all you do in helping others getting there games going! JJP for a great game and doing your best to fix the problems coming in!
When I first got into this hobby, I full on expected that I would have to learn things I never knew. Which has both been exciting and rewarding! I learned how to solder and test things on a pin with a DMM, as well as making adjustments to my pins. With a lot of help from other pinsiders and @vidgameseller, I can keep my pins going! And even now I further myself by restoring a F-14 which was a basic barn find.
I knew full well that I was purchasing a NIB pin (my first and only) that it would have problems. Yes it is a expensive toy, but folks should know what they are getting into. Even if its perfect out of the box for a year or more, It will eventually break just as almost everything does. My suggestion is to know or be willing to learn what you are getting into!
Now I will say I can not do it all, as I have had board repair work done on my Space Station and F-14 things I wont do as I cannot bench test them and there are others out there that are a S#$% ton better at it then me, @borygard.
So if you can not fix it then pay someone to do it for you!!!!!!!!
And no, I am not driving to VA to fix your pin for that amount!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
20,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Cañada Flintridge, CA
30,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/16?hl=bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.