(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 378.
#8401 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

Hi All, POTC CE is now enabled on Pinside at https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/pirates-of-the-caribbean-ce (standard and LE were the only options before today).
"Those who engage in acts of piracy are called pirates"

Thanks. Updated!

#8402 4 years ago

Pirates is creeping up in that Top 100! ...

Almost 5th, 4th, etc..
I think it's fun to track this.

We already know this is the "best" game on depth alone...but yea.

#8403 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Pirates is creeping up in that Top 100! ...
Almost 5th, 4th, etc..
I think it's fun to track this.
We already know this is the "best" game on depth alone...but yea.

Review your CE

#8404 4 years ago

Got my new Pirates set up last night! Hesitated on SE, but I wanted POTC and LE hard to find. Overall I'm happy with it and not regretting the standard. Adding shaker motor, back illumination for star map area and some colored LEDs in the GI to offset the all white. Great game can't wait to get into it more.

IMG_3657 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_3657 (002) (resized).jpg
#8405 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Got my new Pirates set up last night! Hesitated on SE, but I wanted POTC and LE hard to find. Overall I'm happy with it and not regretting the standard. Adding shaker motor, back illumination for star map area and some colored LEDs in the GI to offset the all white. Great game can't wait to get into it more.
[quoted image]

Congrats! I'd be happy with an SE as well!

#8406 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Did you have any issues out of the box?

#8407 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

Review your CE

I did!

Weeks ago! lol

#8408 4 years ago

Anyone hear new status on shipping of LEs?

#8409 4 years ago

No new news here. Last I heard, some time in May.

#8410 4 years ago

I heard from my distro today about my order, current estimate is 2-4 more weeks to finish off the idling machines. Still waiting on parts.

#8411 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Anyone hear new status on shipping of LEs?

I just got a shipment of a couple LE replacement parts that were held up waiting for restock, so the last LEs are likely being built now.

#8412 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just got a shipment of a couple LE replacement parts that were held up waiting for restock, so the last LEs are likely being built now.

Which parts did you order?

#8413 4 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Which parts did you order?

I didn't order any parts, they were warranty replacements for a couple cabinet parts that arrived with the machine damaged. But they were OOS until this week so I'm pretty sure that means the last parts needed to make the rest of the LEs have arrived or are arriving.

#8414 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Did you have any issues out of the box?

No issues so far, working great! An odd thing though was an extra 6th ball shipped with it, it’s a 5 ball game. It popped out of the machine when setting it up and was rusted and looked 30 years old? I wish I knew the story behind it

#8415 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

No issues so far, working great! An odd thing though was an extra 6th ball shipped with it, it’s a 5 ball game. It popped out of the machine when setting it up and was rusted and looked 30 years old? I wish I knew the story behind it

Having one too many balls is never good, but having an extra old and rusty ball seems like something to talk to the Dr. about.

But seriously, WTF?

#8416 4 years ago

You don't realize how HEAVY this playfield is until you get something like AFMr.

Wow! ...

#8417 4 years ago

FYI: My JJPOTC LE is back up for sale, as the original buyer has decided to back out after the playfield glass mishap. Here is the ad:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/78542

If you are looking for a extremely nice HUO LE with all the right mods, fully sorted, many extras, then let's talk. PM me here on Pinside if interested....

#8418 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

FYI: My JJPOTC LE is back up for sale, as the original buyer has decided to back out after the playfield glass mishap. Here is the ad:
If you are looking for a extremely nice HUO LE with all the right mods, fully sorted, many extras, then let's talk. PM me here on Pinside if interested....

Bummer re: the original glass. Very nice POTC nonetheless - LOTS of quality mods and brand new invisiglass now too! Can't imagine this will last long.

#8419 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Their loss. Someone will buy it and enjoy this LE.

#8420 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Apron fixed with a new sticker (which are cheap), and you're already including the backup plastics for the slings. The playfield damage doesn't concern me a bit.

Looks like a good opportunity for someone who missed the LE boat!

#8421 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Apron fixed with a new sticker (which are cheap), and you're already including the backup plastics for the slings. The playfield damage doesn't concern me a bit.
Looks like a good opportunity for someone who missed the LE boat!

I actually also have 2 sets of apron stickers as well in the set of playfield decals included in the sale.....

#8422 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I actually also have 2 sets of apron stickers as well in the set of playfield decals included in the sale.....

So a non issue all around.

#8423 4 years ago

Did someone mention there being a new tortuga scoop that rejects less frequently?

#8424 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Did someone mention there being a new tortuga scoop that rejects less frequently?

I heard there was a scoop change very early on, but I expect most games have it already. If yours looks like this, I understand it to be the latest/greatest.

If you're getting SDTMs, adjust it to point more to the left and potentially bump power slightly to the VUK. Mine is ejecting consistently into the left flipper with those adjustments.

IMG_0567 (resized).jpegIMG_0567 (resized).jpeg
#8425 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I heard there was a scoop change very early on, but I expect most games have it already. If yours looks like this, I understand it to be the latest/greatest.
If you're getting SDTMs, adjust it to point more to the left and potentially bump power slightly to the VUK. Mine is ejecting consistently into the left flipper with those adjustments.
[quoted image]

That is what mine looks like. Early build 10/8/18.
No eject issues, just issues getting the ball to consistently stay in. Bricks out way too frequently!

#8426 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

No eject issues, just issues getting the ball to consistently stay in. Bricks out way too frequently!

That's a new one to me. If I make the shot it always goes in. Any chance the scoop is bent down and causing too-tight vertical clearance to the hole?

#8427 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Game looks Awesome and the new owner will be Very happy. Curious... It looks like your LE Plaque is blacked out? Is that something you did or is that how some games came?

#8428 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Game looks Awesome and the new owner will be Very happy. Curious... It looks like your LE Plaque is blacked out? Is that something you did or is that how some games came?

Good eye......the aluminum stuck out to compared to the rest of the pin's look. Took it off and repainted with some hammered black to blend in, but still be readable. If the next owner doesn't like it it can easily be removed with a sanding pad.

#8429 4 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I wonder if the glass incidentally touched the Stern pinball mat under the game at an awkward angle.
Stern and JJP gear don't play together nice.

#8430 4 years ago

where did you get the Jack the Sparrow Barrel figure mod?

#8431 4 years ago

Let me ask once —

For anyone who installed the tilt bob, did you use any material to slow it down so unnecessary additional 2nd, 3rd tilts don’t follow immediately and cause almost an auto-tilt/foul.

I know using an ear bud is one trick, but I was just curious. My AFMr came with an interesting piece of metal that apparently was common on all newer Bally’s at the time.

I was wondering if using this same item on POTC could work nicely.

Suppose I can just try it and report back.

Thanks!

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10289

#8432 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

[quoted image]

Mine does not look like that (mine is completely curved) and I have consistent issues with the ball "kicking" right back out of the hole with perfect shots. I guess I'll contact JJP?

#8433 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Let me ask once —
For anyone who installed the tilt bob, did you use any material to slow it down so unnecessary additional 2nd, 3rd tilts don’t follow immediately and cause almost an auto-tilt/foul.

Already covered in the troubleshooting thread:

Tilt warnings double/triple fire, or phantom tilt for the next player following a tilt:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/2#post-4941249

#8434 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

No new news here. Last I heard, some time in May.

I thought they aren't making any more LE's ....if I'm reading this correctly.

#8435 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Already covered in the troubleshooting thread:
Tilt warnings double/triple fire, or phantom tilt for the next player following a tilt:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues/page/2#post-4941249

That.. seems... wrong. $9500-11500 + one earplug? Was that in the goodie bag?

Oh.. and for some of us, a few clear washers to prevent the playfield from disintegrating. (Still no response from JJP on that.. guess I'm emailing Jack)

#8436 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

That.. seems... wrong. $9500-11500 + one earplug? Was that in the goodie bag?

No, I found the earplug solution elsewhere online as a general pinball tip. I happened to have a bag of them so I tried it and was very happy with the result.

#8437 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No, I found the earplug solution elsewhere online as a general pinball tip. I happened to have a bag of them so I tried it and was very happy with the result.

Sar. Casm.

#8438 4 years ago

I know it’s covered. I know you used an earplug. I know it worked.

That wasn’t the point. =\

#8439 4 years ago

[deleted]

#8440 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

So, what was?

To learn if anyone tried anything else. And, more specifically, I was curious about the piece that I linked that came with the other game.

Like i said, I’ll just try it and see how it goes.

#8441 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What's your flipper power? May be too high or the deflector bracket may be loose. The Tortuga hole on the one here has no reject problems.

#8442 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

The UK dealer for POTC has stated that they are taking orders for LE's this year as "another batch was being manufactured".

Can anyone tell me what the original batch run was for POTC LE?

Looking at WW the LE numbers are at 5000, that sounds like a lot!

#8443 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I was fortunate enough to purchase one of the last remaining LE's back in the middle of March.

#8444 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

The UK dealer for POTC has stated that they are taking orders for LE's this year as "another batch was being manufactured".

The LE has to be around 1000 made. We have a mid-Feb build with the blue marker number under the PF being just shy of 800.

#8445 4 years ago
Quoted from lexi:

Woah!

#8446 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

where did you get the Jack the Sparrow Barrel figure mod?

I made it from a Neca Series 2 Jack Sparrow Action figure I bought off of eBay. There are several others who have done the same and posted some guides here earlier in this thread.

#8447 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's your flipper power? May be too high or the deflector bracket may be loose. The Tortuga hole on the one here has no reject problems.

My flipper power is lower than stock (I'm out of town, can't look but I know I turned them down due to Malestrom flyouts) and I constantly can't make the Tortuga hole. The ball is perfectly hit, goes "over" the hole and kicks right back out (not the coil). Emailed Steve at JJP and he immediately got back to me, sending out the updated part. Woo! That will be a much welcome fix.

#8448 4 years ago

My flipper power is lower than stock (I'm out of town, can't look but I know I turned them down due to Malestrom flyouts) and I constantly can't make the Tortuga hole. The ball is perfectly hit, goes "over" the hole and kicks right back out (not the coil). Emailed Steve at JJP and he immediately got back to me, sending out the updated part. Woo! That will be a much welcome fix.

Fascinating. My flipper power is at default and I do not have shots flying out of the Malestrom. I know that setting the flipper power too high can cause this, of course.

Curious if you have any device which will let you measure the exact current/voltage coming from the outlet supplying power to your game. "Should be" 120v right but maybe it's a little more...or a little less and that provides explanation/reasoning as to why some make adjustments to some things and some do not.

#8449 4 years ago

Curious, do you have a Cliffy on this tortoga hole? Never had a reject granted I don't have any metal ring protectors.

#8450 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Curious, do you have a Cliffy on this tortoga hole? Never had a reject granted I don't have any metal ring protectors.

We have Cliffies installed. Zero rejects.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/169?hl=heater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.