(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 377.
#8151 4 years ago

Ya tia Dalma is my goto for trying for wiz modes. Choosing chapter is op for that. Downside is I’m not scoring a lot in the wiz modes I make it to (have not come close to completeing one yet). Norrington makes chapter go by like nothing. Can easily do 2-3 chapters during a multi all without realizing it. I like scrims hidden always hold bonus x. On a good game can get upwards of 150-200k per ball with 6x. Angelica is reserved for mom but I’d imagine she is pretty good with chapters always lit. And if you get good at loops and map hole will turner for the 5x skill shot bonus. Nothing like starting a game with 4 loops and a map hole and get 100k for the skill shot then the chance for more points from map reward.

#8152 4 years ago

Does anyone use this wax my tech says it's the best .

IMG20170825133454 (resized).jpgIMG20170825133454 (resized).jpg
#8153 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Does anyone use this wax my tech says it's the best .
[quoted image]

I haven't used that in years. I use P21 now. Wipe on, wipe off, lightly buff with a wool buffing pad on a drill for a nice shine.

#8154 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I haven't used that in years. I use P21 now. Wipe on, wipe off, lightly buff with a wool buffing pad on a drill for a nice shine.

Wipe on wipe off Karate Kid style . Haven't heard of P21

#8155 4 years ago

As long as kind people are aggregating tips...

I would really love an album of all the constellation book pages, so I can start learning all the star map constellation patterns.
I can recognize a handful of them but not most.

#8156 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

SOOO awesome that you made this list Very helpful thanks!! As a double dog challenge, would you consider also adding the Negative attributes that each character carries?

i believe he has the negative traits listed. im surprised that there aren’t more of them to be honest

#8157 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Same here! P21 Love it

#8158 4 years ago

Question for all the mod makers, anyone thinking of doing side armor for this machine? I think it could look great.

#8159 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Question for all the mod makers, anyone thinking of doing side armor for this machine? I think it could look great.

Ok intrigued but not sure what side armor is??

#8160 4 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

i believe he has the negative traits listed. im surprised that there aren’t more of them to be honest

Same here? I understood the characters had several more cost to value traits. Still a great list thanks!

#8161 4 years ago

Key post!

Quoted from EaglePin:

Challenge accepted!!! Here's a list of all the +/- attributes for each character (including JJP typo/awkward wording on Marty, Barbossa, & Angelica):
Salazar:
+ Multi drain ball save during multiball
+ Movie 5 multiball easier to qualify and scores double
- Multi drain does not happen often
Elizabeth:
+ 3 Chapters always lit
Will:
+ More time for combos
+ 5x skill shot
Jones:
+ Liars dice advantage
Jack:
+ Removes 2 least desirable mystery awards
+ Increased everything for treasures
Governor Swan:
+ Cannot be plundered
- Cannot plunder
Blackbeard:
+Every multiball ball saver is longer
Scrum:
+ Spot 1 female character per chapter at 5x
+ Female characters score 2x
+ Bonus X always held
Marty:
+ Refunded some gold when starting Tortuga multiball
+ Gold bonus is 50% more, gold collect increased value
Carina:
+ More time for everything
Norrington:
+ Easier chapter shots
- All chapters score ½ value
- Helper shots score ¼ value
Henry:
+ Spot character always lit during chapter
+ Shot chapter increase value doubled
Barbossa:
+ Easier multiball shots
- All multiball score ½ value
- Helper shots score ½ value
Pintel:
+ Spot some pirate lanes for the entire game
Bootstrap:
+ Movie 2 multiball easier to qualify and scores double
Tia Dalma:
+ Choose your chapter instead of random
+ Movie 3 multiball easier to qualify and scores double
- Decreased chapter multipliers
Beckett:
+ Pick up all gold with single action button press
- Gold bonus is 50% less
Angelica:
+ Spot 1 male character per chapter at 2x
+ Awarded skull hold at end ball every ball
Ragetti:
+ Once per ball add-a-ball in play when ball is aboard the Black Pearl
- Score ½ while add-a-ball is in play
Cotton:
+ Easier Black Pearl motion
+ Black Pearl scoring is doubled
Philip:
+ Movie 4 multiball easier to qualify and scores double
Gibbs:
+ Tortuga multiball scores double
+ Tortuga bumpers scores double

#8162 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As long as kind people are aggregating tips...
I would really love an album of all the constellation book pages, so I can start learning all the star map constellation patterns.
I can recognize a handful of them but not most.

I'm surprised you haven't done it already
Stupid question are the symbols in the manual

#8163 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm guessing laser cut side rails like Batman

#8164 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Rails - lollipop rails - protect and look good

#8165 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm guessing laser cut side rails like Batman

Bingo - imagine a laser etched cutlass or pistols. Could be pretty slick. Like ghostbusters and Star Wars as well.

#8166 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Bingo - imagine a laser etched cutlass or pistols. Could be pretty slick. Like ghostbusters and Star Wars as well.

Skull and crossbone could look good with pistols

#8167 4 years ago

The LE are numbered right? Who has highest number?!

#8168 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just read your post properly , cutlasses and skull and crossbones probably be the best and like lighted mods would be great if they were backlit

#8169 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just saw your post , cutlasses and skull and crossbones probably be the best and like lighted mods would be great if they were backlit

I agree, it would be a must have if made!

#8170 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm surprised you haven't done it already
Stupid question are the symbols in the manual

If I could hack the firmware and extract the images, I would have

#8171 4 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

The LE are numbered right? Who has highest number?!

The game numbers are arbitrary. They only have meaning to you guys. I believe I delivered on in the 900's, but not entirely sure

#8172 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I agree, it would be a must have if made!

I thought a 3D molded octopus with it's head in the middle and it's tentacles the length of the play field which have magnets in it so you could just stick it to the cabinet would be good

#8173 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Challenge accepted!!! Here's a list of all the +/- attributes for each character (including JJP typo/awkward wording on Marty, Barbossa, & Angelica):
Salazar:
+ Multi drain ball save during multiball
+ Movie 5 multiball easier to qualify and scores double
- Multi drain does not happen often
Elizabeth:
+ 3 Chapters always lit
Will:
+ More time for combos
+ 5x skill shot
Jones:
+ Liars dice advantage
Jack:
+ Removes 2 least desirable mystery awards
+ Increased everything for treasures
Governor Swan:
+ Cannot be plundered
- Cannot plunder
Blackbeard:
+Every multiball ball saver is longer
Scrum:
+ Spot 1 female character per chapter at 5x
+ Female characters score 2x
+ Bonus X always held
Marty:
+ Refunded some gold when starting Tortuga multiball
+ Gold bonus is 50% more, gold collect increased value
Carina:
+ More time for everything
Norrington:
+ Easier chapter shots
- All chapters score ½ value
- Helper shots score ¼ value
Henry:
+ Spot character always lit during chapter
+ Shot chapter increase value doubled
Barbossa:
+ Easier multiball shots
- All multiball score ½ value
- Helper shots score ½ value
Pintel:
+ Spot some pirate lanes for the entire game
Bootstrap:
+ Movie 2 multiball easier to qualify and scores double
Tia Dalma:
+ Choose your chapter instead of random
+ Movie 3 multiball easier to qualify and scores double
- Decreased chapter multipliers
Beckett:
+ Pick up all gold with single action button press
- Gold bonus is 50% less
Angelica:
+ Spot 1 male character per chapter at 2x
+ Awarded skull hold at end ball every ball
Ragetti:
+ Once per ball add-a-ball in play when ball is aboard the Black Pearl
- Score ½ while add-a-ball is in play
Cotton:
+ Easier Black Pearl motion
+ Black Pearl scoring is doubled
Philip:
+ Movie 4 multiball easier to qualify and scores double
Gibbs:
+ Tortuga multiball scores double
+ Tortuga bumpers scores double

I would like it if in code up date they put the negative to each character as well

#8174 4 years ago

I've got a brand new LE/Standard play field I'm looking to sell. Price dropped to $750 + Shipping. These are $999 + shipping through JJP.

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Parts/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Playfield.html

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “I have a brand new, unopened play field that I'm looking to part with. This is the LE/Standard play field. Shipping is somewhere around $50-$75 in the US.”
2019-04-15
Sioux Falls, SD
750 (Firm)
Archived after: 14 days
Viewed: 88 times

#8175 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I've got a brand new LE/Standard play field I'm looking to sell. Price dropped to $750 + Shipping. These are $999 + shipping through JJP.
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Parts/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Playfield.html

Parts - For Sale

JJP POTC Playfield

New “I have a brand new, unopened play field that I'm looking to part with. This is the LE/Standard play field. Shipping is somewhere around $50-$75 in the US.”

9 days ago

Minneapolis, MN

750 (Firm)

NightTrain

Tempting! If it doesn't sell soon would you ship to Canada?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8176 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I've got a brand new LE/Standard play field I'm looking to sell. Price dropped to $750 + Shipping.

PM sent.

#8177 4 years ago

It's second hand now could be scratched or warped wouldn't go more than $500

#8178 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Same here? I understood the characters had several more cost to value traits. Still a great list thanks!

Yep, I was thinking there were more negative traits also but for now these are the only ones showing.

#8179 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I would like it if in code up date they put the negative to each character as well

yeah. it’s confusing to me why they just wouldn’t put everything on the character selection screen. maybe a fear of information overload for newbie players. and they probably aren’t wrong because i see casual players struggling to even figure out how to pick a character - let alone taking the traits/perks into consideration.

honestly pirates is probably a game that could benefit from the ‘advanced mode’ treatment that stern GoT has available.

#8180 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I have an LE paid in full on the next batch at Automated.

Same here, and I can't wait, like a kid at Christmas. Trying hard not to watch all the streams, want some surprises. Had tons of fun playing this one at TPF.

I'm looking at all the Mod Couple mods, thinking Kraken and Dauntless mods for sure. Does the whirlpool mod block the view of the ball during the spiral drain?

#8181 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

The game numbers are arbitrary. They only have meaning to you guys. I believe I delivered on in the 900's, but not entirely sure

The blue stamps on the bottom of the playfield though....are an entirely different matter.

I think I'm 0718.

#8182 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The blue stamps on the bottom of the playfield though....are an entirely different matter.
I think I'm 0718.

Correct - Jack said that those were sequential numbers on the factory floor. Whoever got a new game recently from the line should look at that blue stamped number on the bottom of the playfield and report what it is. Mine is 0682 made back in January.

#8183 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Correct - Jack said that those were sequential numbers on the factory floor. Whoever got a new game recently from the line should look at that blue stamped number on the bottom of the playfield and report what it is. Mine is 0682 made back in January.

I am willing to bet those blue numbers are playfield numbers stamped by Mirco, and have no meaning to production order or quantity.

However many copies of JJPOTC were made, we can all agree it wasn't enough

#8184 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am willing to bet those blue numbers are playfield numbers stamped by Mirco, and have no meaning to production order or quantity.

Jack told me that they stamped that number at the factory - for the work order of what the game should be, if it has radcals, playfield protector, etc.

#8185 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Jack told me that they stamped that number at the factory - for the work order of what the game should be, if it has radcals, playfield protector, etc.

Quoted from zaphX:

Mirco has a smaller number, I think under their name/logo. Not sure, but my feeling is that might be the production date for the playfield. Mine is 0618, which I'd assume is June, 2018. The blue stamp is JJP.

#8186 4 years ago

I bought an extra CE playfield. It has no blue stamp. My assembled CE has the blue stamp.

#8187 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I bought an extra CE playfield. It has no blue stamp. My assembled CE has the blue stamp.

Well that certainly blows my theory!

#8189 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

amazon.com link »
LTG : )

I've been using this stuff for years, lasts forever.

#8190 4 years ago

I just wanted to take a second to echo my sentiments regarding Automated Services.

They are life savers - to me!

I was able to secure a JJP POTC CE when no one else had them (or if they did - EXTREMELY limited quantities)

And then - my second machine (pending arrival) CGC - AFMr - LE - Black
Again, PRETTY MUCH the only ones I could find who even had AFM LE in the first place.

Both times I have worked with Kayla.

---------------------------------------------

Regarding my "diary" on POTC - I plan on sharing some very exciting and constructive updates after this weekend. Frankly, I'm still waiting on some stuff to come in.

I'm a technical person but not so much mechanical, but I would say my mechanical skills are growing by the day - thanks to this machine.

I think it goes without saying, but I have immensely appreciated every. single. post. directed at helping me with the "issues" I have ran into either on this thread or the newly created maintenance one.

To list a few - shout outs to - zaphX pinballinreno Yelobird Psw757 PinMonk LTG wesman and I apologize if I absently left anyone else out.

Thank you again!

=)

#8191 4 years ago

Here's a pretty good set of rules (including character perks)
http://tiltforums.com/t/pirates-of-the-caribbean-jjp-rulesheet-wip/4169

#8192 4 years ago

Does anyone have the art blades that are not the Kraken? They are the ones by tilt graphics with the scull and darker theme. And if so if you don't mind posting a picture. I had ordered them and rethinking as they might not fit the art as well as the Kraken ones.

#8193 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Does anyone have the art blades that are not the Kraken? They are the ones by tilt graphics with the scull and darker theme. And if so if you don't mind posting a picture. I had ordered them and rethinking as they might not fit the art as well as the Kraken ones.

nevermind, sorry I looked at a past post and find it

#8194 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Say what? It's literally brand new and hasn't been removed from the original packing. I got it about a month ago and it's simply been sitting in the closet.

#8195 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Tempting! If it doesn't sell soon would you ship to Canada?

Yes I can ship to Canada.

#8196 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Tempting since you are local

#8197 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Are you being serious?

#8198 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I will pick it up then. We can work out payment and shipping when convenient for both of us!

#8199 4 years ago

New poster is up! So excited.

Side question- anyone with a spare SE/LE plastics sheet who might let go of a set of the slingshot Plastics? There's at least a couple spare sets on each sheet.

Happy to pay. My game came with these cracked. Just trying to stay away from fronting $100 for what should have been in the goodie bag.

Thanks to someone with a good heart in advance
IMG_20190422_113838 (resized).jpgIMG_20190422_113838 (resized).jpg

#8200 4 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

They make the name plates and sign the certificates in order of manufacture .... unless people pay for/request a certain number?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/164?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.