(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 378.
#8001 4 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I scored an LE! Im thinking the SE will sell out soon also. Debating buying both and sitting on SE NIB. Top 5 pin IMO. 120 plus modes 20 plus characters and plunder opponents score. Loop shot. This will be my first JJP LE.
Wonka not my style but look forward to playing it.

And you failed to mention the number of multiballs, the “board game” within the game with Liar’s dice. The 17...17 diverters.

The number of wizard modes...

And the list goes on and on...

#8002 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I wondered if the clear on the CE is different. I had an SE that dimpled very quickly. The CE I bought has hardly dimpled at all.

You had both? I think its important to let the playfield dryout IE sit for a month, but thats hard to do. I had an ACDC Pro that I played the hell out of and had NO dimps. Its just luck.

#8003 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

And you failed to mention the number of multiballs, the “board game” within the game with Liar’s dice. The 17...17 diverters.

Ack. I haven't even figured out most of this stuff. 800k is my best so far, so much to learn!

#8004 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Ack. I haven't even figured out most of this stuff. 800k is my best so far, so much to learn!

I only have like 114k so far, but haven’t played in about 2 weeks due to needing to address things and time contention.

#8005 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Top 5...
Top 3...
Top 2?
Hell...simply the “best” pin.
Incomparably good as someone elegantly mentioned.

Top 4 Keefer inspired/deep games would be:
LOTR
WOZ
TWD
JJPOTC

Just follow Keefer and you find, AAA games

#8006 4 years ago

Case in point...you really can’t argue this game not being simply the best.

#8007 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

LOTR
WOZ
TWD
JJPOTC

Thanks for the history lesson. I forgot he did LOTR. He did Simpsons too right? Code god.
This video sold me on POTC LE.

#8008 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

LOTR
WOZ
TWD
JJPOTC

WPT gets no love because it's from the dark era of Stern, but it's got a ricidulous rule set.

#8009 4 years ago

The amount of knowledge I have learned and continue to learn is almost as mesmerizing as playing the game itself.

#8010 4 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

You had both? I think its important to let the playfield dryout IE sit for a month, but thats hard to do. I had an ACDC Pro that I played the hell out of and had NO dimps. Its just luck.

Yeah! Lol. I bought an SE and liked it so much I upgraded to a CE. That damn black pearl topper was irresistible

#8011 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

LOTR
WOZ
TWD
JJPOTC

Twd. Uhhhhh.... what?

#8012 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Yeah! Lol. I bought an SE and liked it so much I upgraded to a CE. That damn black pearl topper was irresistible

What is your view on the SE vs LE? Did you like the Stainless trim? Does the RGB GI add alot? Star map etc.

Do you think the SE is still a good value at 8500?

#8013 4 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

What is your view on the SE vs LE? Did you like the Stainless trim? Does the RGB GI add alot? Star map etc.
Do you think the SE is still a good value at 8500?

I think the stainless looks great! The rgb gi is not that big of a deal. It is only the lights around the sling area and a few up top. All of the insert lighting on the SE is still rgb and that is where it really counts for gameplay. The star map is neat to look at, but I still haven’t figured out how to read it. I rank it up there with the spinny guy and the rock sculpture. And the LE topper is nothing special. Definitely unnecessary and you won’t even know they are missing. The only thing on the SE that I would miss from the LE is the shaker, and that is easily added! The gameplay is exactly the same across the board. I would have no hesitation in ordering an SE.
In fact, if I wasn’t out of my ever living mind, I would have just kept my SE. but that CE topper and the barnacles...uggg...there goes an extra $4k

#8014 4 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I scored an LE! Im thinking the SE will sell out soon also. Debating buying both and sitting on SE NIB. Top 5 pin IMO. 120 plus modes 20 plus characters and plunder opponents score. Loop shot. This will be my first JJP LE.
Wonka not my style but look forward to playing it.

Did you purchase the LE from NYpinball? They have one listed and I emailed them

#8015 4 years ago

IMHO the invisglass is also huge. I have my WOZ side by side and it's night and day. Shaker adds a lot. Personally I like the black legs and such. Being wowed by the WOZ lighting I was not going to settle without all the lighting options on PoTC so that is what lead me to LE. The toys are pretty cool actually.. very much inline with what the modcouple have created and I think both the JJP toys and the modcouple ones all mesh together well. The starmap actually just looks really cool, I haven't even begun to try and figure it out.

#8016 4 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

You think its a softer playfield? Looks like the post was loose and moved. Smaller metal washer usually works great. I thought these playfields had special clear.

Clear is definitely soft. Star posts are settling into a 3 month old playfield here less than a week after I replaced the thin posts which were also sunk into the clear. I just posted a how-to on the tech thread for removing the posts and protecting the area with mylar discs or a thin washer.

#8017 4 years ago

Stop with the so-and-so has an LE available talk already!

Not having one available is allowing me to stay on the sidelines quite nicely.

#8018 4 years ago

I understand, I waited too long and now that I am ready to empty my pockets there isn’t any!

#8019 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I understand, I waited too long and now that I am ready to empty my pockets there isn’t any!

If you're emptying pockets, shake a little harder - there are some CEs left, but not many.

#8020 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're emptying pockets, shake a little harder - there are some CEs left, but not many.

Yeah I know..I don’t know if I can shake that hard, lol. Beggars can’t be choosers. Probably go with SE and add some things in

#8021 4 years ago

I would have been fine with an SE. I wouldn't know what I was missing and some of that stuff can be added. The game is fantastic either way.

#8022 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Ever major shot has a diverter. The compass! The Gold Button. But to me it is the best shooting widebody ever. The shots are the foundation of a great pin. And POTC delivers huge. The shot to the hole/subway under the flipper ala TZ. Loop shot similar to ...Steve Ritchie pin?) This thing makes LOTR rules look simple.

THE CE has a different playfield with Davy Jones. I was tempted to go CE.

#8023 4 years ago

People commented that it doesn't feel like a wide body and I agree...

It feels very different from say TH.

#8024 4 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Ever major shot has a diverter. The compass! The Gold Button. But to me it is the best shooting widebody ever. The shots are the foundation of a great pin. And POTC delivers huge. The shot to the hole/subway under the flipper ala TZ. Loop shot similar to ...Steve Ritchie pin?) This thing makes LOTR rules look simple.

THE CE has a different playfield with Davy Jones. I was tempted to go CE.

The mini-playfield ... how could we forget to mention that??

What doesn't it have ...

#8025 4 years ago

Anyone think code 1.0 will allow you to fire the ball with the gold button as an alternative to always using the plunger.

That would be kinda cool.
Though I'm pretty sure anyone who is serious is going to go for those skill shots.

#8026 4 years ago

I see why they call it PayPal now.

It really is your pal.

I have ordered so much stuff for this game from like 5 different companies and it's so seamless with PayPal. Every. Single. Time.

#8027 4 years ago

The RBG lights can’t replace the white GIs due to different wiring? Can they be replaced with a similar colored bulb that doesn’t change colors? Like a 4 SMD? Red or blue, etc

#8028 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

People commented that it doesn't feel like a wide body and I agree...
It feels very different from say TH.

For this old guy, that's the only drawback. DEFINITELY FEELS like a widebody if you're a 50+ nudger/bumper. On long games, my hands will get tingly from 20-30 minutes of non stop abuse and I have to shake them out between balls. I only have this issue on widebodies.

#8029 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Anyone think code 1.0 will allow you to fire the ball with the gold button as an alternative to always using the plunger.
That would be kinda cool.
Though I'm pretty sure anyone who is serious is going to go for those skill shots.

Isn't there a setting for that on the system menu?

It's also nice to see that jjPotC has continued the stacked skill shots that Dialed In had, but they need to make more of a fuss about it when you make each new stack.

Also, the camera can shoot video, so it would be funny to have short clips of people watching when they manage to blow up the Dauntless. I bet some of the ones are great the first time they see it.

#8030 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn't there a setting for that on the system menu?
It's also nice to see that jjPotC has continued the stacked skill shots that Dialed In had, but they need to make more of a fuss about it when you make each new stack.
Also, the camera can shoot video, so it would be funny to have short clips of people watching when they manage to blow up the Dauntless. I bet some of the ones are great the first time they see it.

I don’t know! But will check for sure! That’s pretty cool if that’s true.

Speaking of the camera, I don’t always get the best mug shots. Does it snap a pic IMMEDIATELY after hitting end or ? I feel like I’m looking down a lot of times...

#8031 4 years ago

Joining the club, purchased SE! Didn’t want to miss out due to LE unavailability, I’m sure I will enjoy it

#8032 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Joining the club, purchased SE! Didn’t want to miss out due to LE unavailability, I’m sure I will enjoy it

Welcome aboard!

#8033 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I don’t know! But will check for sure! That’s pretty cool if that’s true.
Speaking of the camera, I don’t always get the best mug shots. Does it snap a pic IMMEDIATELY after hitting end or ? I feel like I’m looking down a lot of times...

It does a hotdog/not hotdog pass on the photo, and if it thinks you're showing your dick, flashing tits, or flipping it off etc , OR it's super blurry or bad quality, it will just use a generic shot maybe from earlier in the game or (on Dialed In it did this) a placeholder nothing photo. I try to pose a bit before hitting the action button on the last letter to snap the pic and that works pretty well.

#8034 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It does a hotdog/not hotdog pass on the photo, and if it thinks you're showing your dick, flashing tits, or flipping it off etc , OR it's super blurry or bad quality, it will just use a generic shot maybe from earlier in the game or (on Dialed In it did this) a placeholder nothing photo. I try to pose a bit before hitting the action button on the last letter to snap the pic and that works pretty well.

Haha

#8035 4 years ago

#8036 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Did you purchase the LE from NYpinball? They have one listed and I emailed them

Who is new york pinball. Are they reliable/trusted?

#8038 4 years ago

Anyone try Mylar under the posts rather than washers? Don’t have this issue yet but since star posts are reportedly digging and and the washers look odd maybe Mylar would mitigate the issue a bit.

#8039 4 years ago

Ron of NYpinball is a great guy! No issues trusting him! FYI

#8040 4 years ago

probably a stupid question........

I bought a trough shim from Marco to prevent balls from "sticking" in the metal trough after sdtm drains
How is this installed?? No instructions with the shim; its probably very simple

#8041 4 years ago

Ron of NYpinball emailed me this morning, he has an open/floor model LE. $9600, plus $500 shipping. I went with an SE instead...I'll be happy with it, instill shaker, add back illumination from Mezel Mods and powder coat in the future. So it is still available

#8042 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

LOTR
WOZ
TWD
JJPOTC

Quoted from Doctor6:

Twd. Uhhhhh.... what?

Quite right - TWD is all Lyman Sheats.

I'd include WPT and TSPP in my Keefer code greats. TH too maybe - I hope to explore that more deeply.

#8043 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Ron of NYpinball emailed me this morning, he has an open/floor model LE. $9600, plus $500 shipping. I went with an SE instead...I'll be happy with it, instill shaker, add back illumination from Mezel Mods and powder coat in the future. So it is still available

It'll be sold within the next few hours guaranteed. :p

#8044 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For this old guy, that's the only drawback. DEFINITELY FEELS like a widebody if you're a 50+ nudger/bumper. On long games, my hands will get tingly from 20-30 minutes of non stop abuse and I have to shake them out between balls. I only have this issue on widebodies.

I get wrist pain in my right wrist on this game from outlane saves.

#8045 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Twd. Uhhhhh.... what?

That's why I added the /deep. I'll say that Keefer inspired lyman

#8046 4 years ago

CE 116 is in the house! Or Garage, as the case may be.

There was a small puncture hole that I ripped open to make sure there wasn't any damage, and it looks good. The box is a bit dirty, but in solid condition.

1484620578 (resized).png1484620578 (resized).png
#8047 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

There was a small puncture hole that I ripped open to make sure there wasn't any damage, and it looks good. The box is a bit dirty, but in solid condition.
[quoted image]

Yikes that hole is pretty bad. Post more pics as you unbox!

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I missed that you tore the hole open yourself to investigate a much smaller hole.

#8048 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

[quoted image]

Hope all goes well! Looks like you've got an ideal area to unbox and setup!

#8049 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Wow, so $100 than retail for an open unit and 5 bones to ship.

#8050 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Wow, so $100 than retail for an open unit and 5 bones to ship.

You can't find them so I'm surprised it's not more!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/161?hl=captchaos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.