(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 377.
#7901 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A mylar circle under each would be as effective and not change the geometry.

That's a good idea as well. If I have any issues with these I'll go that route. But so far so good.

You can see them in action at

#7902 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MSC
What are your thoughts on one of these round mylars under each post?

Way to big. Those are almost 2" in diameter. Not sure that would look very good.

#7903 4 years ago

Personally, I'm just not THAT concerned about it.

#7904 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MSC
What are your thoughts on one of these round mylars under each post?

Right idea, but at almost 2" across, way too big. I'd just buy the Marco square bulk mylar sheet and cut your own with a circular something about the right size a little bigger than the star post and a sharp x-acto knife.

#7905 4 years ago

There is a good chance I'll be able to get one of the last run. Do you guys like playfield protectors on this? I found them useful on BM66 and IMDNLE, but haven't bothered with other machines.

#7906 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

There is a good chance I'll be able to get one of the last run. Do you guys like playfield protectors on this? I found them useful on BM66 and IMDNLE, but haven't bothered with other machines.

Playfield protector link:

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Parts/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Playfield.html

#7907 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

No. All it will do is hide problems if there are actual issues with the playfield cracking or chipping. It also changes the way it plays. If you keep the machine clean and waxed, it's plenty.

#7908 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No. All it will do is hide problems if there are actual issues with the playfield cracking or chipping. It also changes the way it plays. If you keep the machine clean and waxed, it's plenty.

Dont forget the balls

#7909 4 years ago

That link took me to an entire playfield! That's one way to go for sure.

#7910 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

#7911 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Playfield protector pictured below playfield in case you missed it, $150 I believe.

#7912 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Playfield protector pictured below playfield in case you missed it, $150 I believe.

That's for a Hobbit though. I don't know of a POTC protector, I was suggesting a spare PF is the best way to ignore the wear issue.

#7913 4 years ago

I've used these out of Germany, but this is an ongoing argument in the Pinside community. It just seems with all the mylar discussion that maybe I'd put one on. I think JJP offered protectors on some of the games in the past, installed from the factory.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/3A2yTC2YrEWsuRdiYKM__A?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=Pirates%20of%20the%20Caribbean%20(Limited%20Edition)%20%7C%202018

I'll probably pass on one this round.

#7914 4 years ago

Personally, I'm definitely not using metal washers under the posts. Either I'm going to find some clear PTFE or whatever washers that have a similar diameter, maybe I'll entertain mylar (although this seems problematic due to providing very little resistance against the clamping force of a screw and it will likely pucker up when cranked down even a little). I think a silicone, fiber, rubber, neoprene or even maybe vinyl washer would be way better suited if we're trying to keep a sharp circular edge from indenting into a soft playfield. The again, I don't see why these need to be clamped down so much.

#7915 4 years ago

I couldn’t imagine a playfield protector playing anywhere close to authentic.

IMHO.

#7916 4 years ago

Ok so not sure if this was addressed anywhere. WTF are souls????? I just won 22 of them dam things in liars dice (when I wanted points it gave me sould and tilts) and no idea what it did

#7917 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Ok so not sure if this was addressed anywhere. WTF are souls????? I just won 22 of them dam things in liars dice (when I wanted points it gave me sould and tilts) and no idea what it did

Characters collected in chapters. The more you have, the more impactful wizard modes are I believe.

#7918 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I couldn’t imagine a playfield protector playing anywhere close to authentic.
IMHO.

Feels pretty much the same on my BM66, but this has been an ongoing discussion in the Pinside community. Never mind!

#7919 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Gracias! Yeah, the lighting is the only thing that really means squat to me. If the lighting really is that poor on the SE I guess it's a hard pass for me though. Probably for the best anyway -- even the SE is stretching what I want to spend on another machine so I'm glad I got talked out of it. Thanks again for all the info guys. Enjoy your great game!

The lighting on the SE is fine. Inserts are still RGB. And spots are white on both SE and LE/CE. Only something like a dozen or so bulbs are white GI. It's not a big deal.

It's also something you could probably mod if you wanted to in the future. Game code is the same across models, and the bulbs are tiny little PCBs. White GI has a connector with 2 wires. RGB inserts use 4 wires. Presumably, the additional 2 wires are for the RGB signal. The first two merely control brightness. The node boards still have spots for the additional two wires.

Long story short, if you bought the RGB LEDs and added two wires to each run, you'd have full RGB lighting if you wanted it. That being said, I kind of prefer the white GI. It's a bit brighter and easier to see.

#7920 4 years ago

Anyone have any idea when the next game code update will drop? I'm starting to get good enough to hit wizard modes somewhat frequently, and I'm curious what will come after.

#7921 4 years ago

And also, I've documented adding a figure on the tortuga pop bumper to the SE, using themodcouple's barrel cap and a Neca Jack Sparrow figure. I've been researching how to make it spin like the LE model. I have a good idea how I'm going to do it, now. When I've confirmed it works, I will document it for SE owners here. The spinning pop bumper was the one feature from the LE I really liked and wanted - but I wasn't willing to pay an extra $1000 for it.

#7922 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Personally, I'm definitely not using metal washers under the posts. Either I'm going to find some clear PTFE or whatever washers that have a similar diameter, maybe I'll entertain mylar (although this seems problematic due to providing very little resistance against the clamping force of a screw and it will likely pucker up when cranked down even a little). I think a silicone, fiber, rubber, neoprene or even maybe vinyl washer would be way better suited if we're trying to keep a sharp circular edge from indenting into a soft playfield. The again, I don't see why these need to be clamped down so much.

Interested what you decide to do here. Definitely sounds like you have options.

I may do something down the road, but I’m just not concerned with it atm and won’t see it in the dark anyways whenever I get back to playing.

#7923 4 years ago

I’ve got a better question for the experts here. What mods are favorites? I saw that pistol and barrel plunger mod, and it looks fantastic. Has anyone installed one on an LE?

#7924 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Interested what you decide to do here. Definitely sounds like you have options.
I may do something down the road, but I’m just not concerned with it atm and won’t see it in the dark anyways whenever I get back to playing.

Waiting on the star posts and then I'll see what I can figure out. Thin and malleable seems ideal, which is why I may go with a felt washer if I can find one that can fit or easily be cut. Maybe rubber/neoprene but those will be black.

#7925 4 years ago

I'm pretty surprised at how affordable most of the stuff in this store is; good on JJP for not gouging. I wonder how long they'll keep things like playfields in stock, though.. doesn't seem like any of the other games have them in stock, so probably not too long.

#7926 4 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I'm pretty surprised at how affordable most of the stuff in this store is; good on JJP for not gouging. I wonder how long they'll keep things like playfields in stock, though.. doesn't seem like any of the other games have them in stock, so probably not too long.

It's an odd dichotomy with JJP. Some things are completely reasonable, cheap even. Some things are a bit ridiculous. Dealing with light boards on my WOZ right now. JJPs shipping costs are also a bit crazy... $27 for a t-shirt, spotlight fixture and hex standoff. The label they put on the box says it cost $9.

#7927 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

It's an odd dichotomy with JJP. Some things are completely reasonable, cheap even. Some things are a bit ridiculous. Dealing with light boards on my WOZ right now. JJPs shipping costs are also a bit crazy... $27 for a t-shirt, spotlight fixture and hex standoff. The label they put on the box says it cost $9.

New Jersey labor costs are high, then you have to figure in protection money.

#7928 4 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Anyone bored of theirs in Australia and want to sell?

Discovered the wife has plundered the money I had set aside for pirates so I won't be able to get it . So Potc CE number 25 is up for grabs . It's currently on it's way to OZ . The only one available in Australia . OS shipping can be arranged .

#7929 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Discovered the wife has plundered the money I had set aside for pirates so I won't be able to get it . So Potc CE number 25 is up for grabs.

When are you eligible for parole?

#7930 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When are you eligible for parole?

She did let me buy a WOZRR and a Hobbit LE I was pushing it with a pirates CE. If it had come within 12 to 15 months it would have been cool I think she thought it was never going to come .

#7931 4 years ago

There's no Pinball in prison so I think that helped stop me from doing anything silly

#7932 4 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

Anyone have any idea when the next game code update will drop? I'm starting to get good enough to hit wizard modes somewhat frequently, and I'm curious what will come after.

Nothing really new. At TPF Eric said that Keith was working on the games final wizard mode and it was coming along nicely. At MGC a few weeks later Eric said that Keith was still working on the code. Someone on here also mentioned that David Thiel was still doing some sound work for the game based on a comment he heard at MGC. Also read on here that Keith on a recent Buffalo Pinball stream (not sure which one) said that he may have to do another update before the 1.x update.

It's been 4 months since the last update so hoping for a lot of good things with the next code release

#7933 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nothing really new. At TPF Eric said that Keith was working on the games final wizard mode and it was coming along nicely. At MGC a few weeks later Eric said that Keith was still working on the code. Someone on here also mentioned that David Thiel was still doing some sound work for the game based on a comment he heard at MGC. Also read on here that Keith on a recent Buffalo Pinball stream (not sure which one) said that he may have to do another update before the 1.x update.
It's been 4 months since the last update so hoping for a lot of good things with the next code release

I’ve mentioned it before, but it bears repeating, ADD SHAKER EFFECTS FOR BLOWING UP THE DAUNTLESS!

I can’t believe the shaker does nothing when you blow it up.

#7934 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I’ve mentioned it before, but it bears repeating, ADD SHAKER EFFECTS FOR BLOWING UP THE DAUNTLESS!

Yes! Hoping this is added too.

#7935 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

In the beginning they had a drawing of a ship sinking when you shot the ship , which you would only notice if you knew what to look for , after a bit of nagging they put in a video clip of the ship blowing up . They do listen and will take onboard good ideas . That was the one good thing about having the game develop over a long period people got to give input . My idea for a video mode where you shoot ships through the Canon porthole didn't get up you win some you lose some . Having the shaking motor go off when you shoot the ship is a no brainer you just might have to be persistent so hopefully they will notice it .

#7936 4 years ago

Who and where do you need to nag? I’m game

#7937 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Who and where do you need to nag? I’m game

I just kept asking the jjp team here on Pin side , Darth also helped by asking during their live streams

#7938 4 years ago

I just called automated, and they're out of LEs. All LEs coming in are spoken for. So my question, now, is how "gimped" is the SE version? I asked over in the dialed in thread, between a Dialed In LE and a Pirates SE, which one to go for. Your thoughts?

#7939 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I just called automated, and they're out of LEs. All LEs coming in are spoken for. So my question, now, is how "gimped" is the SE version? I asked over in the dialed in thread, between a Dialed In LE and a Pirates SE, which one to go for. Your thoughts?

Let's just say it will be harder to resell when everyone wants the LE.

If my LE gets delayed past June 1st, I may pull out.

#7940 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

No point in listening to any other people's opinion play them both and go with the one YOU like the best

#7941 4 years ago

I think the BIGGEST thing is the RGB GUI from what I've read.

I personally think it's such an incredible table that if that's all you can get -- then you still get it.

#7942 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Resale value will fall faster than an LE since that's what everyone wants, but the gameplay is the same on both.

SE is missing: Shaker motor, invisiglass, powder coated armor, star map, basic lit topper, spinning pop bumper caps with figure, external knee-level headphone jack, rock cliff sculpture over The Depths, RGB GI. For only $1000 more the LE is a relative bargain.

#7943 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Resale value will fall faster than an LE since that's what everyone wants.
LE is missing: Shaker motor, invisiglass, powder coated armor, star map, basic lit topper, spinning pop bumper caps with figure, external knee-level headphone jack, RGB GI.

But with the se you get the cool looking stainless steel armour

#7944 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

But with the se you get the cool looking stainless steel armour

Meh. Doesn't really match the art package.

#7945 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. Doesn't really match the art package.

To me the black looks meh , I was surprised how good the stainless steel looks . Each to their own

#7946 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

To me the black looks meh , I was surprised how good the stainless steel looks . Each to their own

It's more like a deep brown in real life. Same way the AfMr Martian Green looks meh in pictures but amazing in real life. Photos are not always not great to judge by.

EDIT: Looking at it closely from all angles, maybe it is black...I had a scratched rail (getting replaced) out of the box and the edges of the scratch are brown, so that maybe gave me the idea it's really a dark brown. Dunno. It's definitely black on top.

#7947 4 years ago

Don't rub it in PinMonk !

I'm TRYING to acquire Martian Green as we speak ... =/

#7948 4 years ago

Looking for PoTCLE for my birthday. Does anyone have any leads? Thanks.

#7949 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's more like a deep brown in real life. Same way the AfMr Martian Green looks meh in pictures but amazing in real life. Photos are not always not great to judge by.

I'll have to take your word for it , I still think the stainless looks great but if you have the money you would go for the LE

#7950 4 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Looking for PoTCLE for my birthday. Does anyone have any leads? Thanks.

Pinballs.com website says they have a few left

http://pinballs.com/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/159?hl=gnarlee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.