(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 378.
#7851 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Jack the monkey is awesome, too!

Completely missed him.. Yea - pretty cool !

#7852 5 years ago

The disc Silencer is an absolute must have!

#7853 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Probably an entire thread and YouTube video out there for this, but how involving is it to install and how long does it take?

Would it provide any lasting benefit vs not installing it?

#7854 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

RGB GI is the biggest loss. It's WELL integrated into gameplay, and you can't add it later if you change your mind (like you could by spending $800 on just the shaker/invisiglass/rails at some future point). I'd never want a SE, nor would I recommend it, for that reason alone.
Actually if Jack had his thinking cap on, he'd make the last 100 or whatever Standards into LEs to help with the demand that is going to go unfulfilled.

Gracias! Yeah, the lighting is the only thing that really means squat to me. If the lighting really is that poor on the SE I guess it's a hard pass for me though. Probably for the best anyway -- even the SE is stretching what I want to spend on another machine so I'm glad I got talked out of it. Thanks again for all the info guys. Enjoy your great game!

#7855 5 years ago

Its not hard to install and the included instructions are excellent. It makes the disc nearly silent. Plus, I noticed it makes the disc much more effective at catching and throwing the ball around. The redesigned gear takes up the slack and sloppiness of the original gear. Also, the kit includes a means to effectivley level the disc with the palyfield.

#7856 5 years ago

Where are you guys at with your Plunder settings?

Mine is default -- like everything else in this game... but if I were to make any change it would probably be this.

Just curious...

#7857 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Its not hard to install and the included instructions are excellent. It makes the disc nearly silent. Plus, I noticed it makes the disc much more effective at catching and throwing the ball around. The redesigned gear takes up the slack and sloppiness of the original gear. Also, the kit includes a means to effectivley level the disc with the palyfield.

Okay. Any improvement in gameplay is definitely welcome and I wasn't having any issues with it.
I'll go ahead and pick this up for sure.

Thanks for the feedback!

#7858 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Side note, the one photo for the Black Pearl Cannon Shield was really horrible quality. I installed mine last night, (really just a matter of fitting over two of the existing Chapter Select plastic screws) and figured I'd take some photos for anyone interested in getting this.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=POTCCS_UK[quoted image][quoted image]

I installed the cannon shield today and just wanted to mention that it is not entirely compatible with the Mod Couple Pirate Cannon mod.
https://themodcouplepinball.com/products/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-deadmen-custom-sign-mod
If the cannon mod is installed as intended with the curved plastic aligned with the curve of the metal side-wall, then the cannon shield will not fit behind it. I had to pull off the cannon mod (not easy given the thick clear double-stick adhesive), and shift it about a 1/2 inch away from the ship to make room for the shield. It looks ok this way but the cannon mod has a horizontal "wood" part that I'm assuming represents the cannon door in an open position, and shifting it to the left makes it look less attached to the side of the ship.

#7859 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

It looks ok this way but the cannon mod has a horizontal "wood" part that I'm assuming represents the cannon door in an open position, and shifting it to the left makes it look less attached to the side of the ship.

Yep, there's definitely less of a connection when you put on a shield. Most definitely.

#7860 5 years ago

Does anyone have any tips/tricks when reassembling the Black Pearl ramp and connecting wireform? I couldn't seem to get the best angles on either, and also had difficulty getting those screws back in, as in angle, and knowing how deep to screw them in.

#7861 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Does anyone have any tips/tricks when reassembling the Black Pearl ramp and connecting wireform? I couldn't seem to get the best angles on either, and also had difficulty getting those screws back in, as in angle, and knowing how deep to screw them in.

I need to do this as well.

I'm most concerned about making sure the ramp is exactly how it was before I undid it.

Did you happen to snap a photo before?
And can you snap a photo when you are done?

Are you actively working on this?

#7862 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I need to do this as well.
I'm most concerned about making sure the ramp is exactly how it was before I undid it.
Did you happen to snap a photo before?
And can you snap a photo when you are done?
Are you actively working on this?

I did. I figure I should reference them. I guess I'm just at the point of problem solving fatigue on the weekend.

These are far more complex than the wireforms I worked with on Houdini. Those didn't have so many connections with other parts.

Oh, and I also keep having the ball get stuck on the Black Pearl ramp's diverter. Does that mean it's leaning too far to the left?

Edit:. Thread search function and zaphX work wonders! (I didn't even know you could search so specifically IN threads! Woohoo!!!!).

Problem: Balls getting stuck at the top of the Black Pearl ramp.
Solution: Ensure the game is horizontally level, measured at the playfield. Next, locate the screw to the right of the ramp which compresses a rubber crush washer. Tighten this screw clockwise until setting balls on the top of the ramp always makes them roll away right. This fixed the problem for me permanently.

#7863 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I did. I figure I should reference them. I guess I'm just at the point of problem solving fatigue on the weekend.
These are far more complex than the wireforms I worked with on Houdini. Those didn't have so many connections with other parts.
Oh, and I also keep having the ball get stuck on the Black Pearl ramp's diverter. Does that mean it's leaning too far to the left?

Yea I think so...

I never had that issue before I undid the ramp so hopefully I won't when I reassemble.

The guy that shot the video on removing the BP. He does something (can't remember what) to prevent the ball from getting stuck on that ramp on the left.

#7864 5 years ago

Ya the ramp really is a piss poor design. Have to adjust the bottom screws and the singular top one. All 3 screws will mess with how the ramp sits. There should have been spacers at the bottom (im thinking of making some) to keep the ramp consistant with the top one for adjusting. No matter how I adjust the BP ramp the wireform coming off of it will not sit right.

#7865 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Edit:. Thread search function and zaphx work wonders! (I didn't even know you could search so specifically IN threads! Woohoo!!!!).
Problem: Balls getting stuck at the top of the Black Pearl ramp.
Solution: Ensure the game is horizontally level, measured at the playfield. Next, locate the screw to the right of the ramp which compresses a rubber crush washer. Tighten this screw clockwise until setting balls on the top of the ramp always makes them roll away right. This fixed the problem for me permanently.

Oh awesome!!

A crush washer huh?

Was it not tight enough or?

Learn something new everyday...

#7866 5 years ago

Ripper game today!!! (3 Balls) Played 4 Wizard Modes, and was SOOOO close to getting the 5th one! It was lots of fun!

48F89031-8DBE-4973-8974-0A59359F612E (resized).jpeg48F89031-8DBE-4973-8974-0A59359F612E (resized).jpeg
#7867 5 years ago

I am transporting my game today, anything I have to do? Pack the ship so it doesn’t move or something like that? Or am I good to go?

#7868 5 years ago

Who's still waiting on their game, and when are you expecting it to arrive?

I'm waiting on an LE and was told that it should be April 28th.

#7869 5 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Who's still waiting on their game, and when are you expecting it to arrive?
I'm waiting on an LE and was told that it should be April 28th.

I'm waiting on an LE too.

I haven't heard a word as to when it will be finished though.

#7870 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Some time in May is the last I heard.

#7871 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I am transporting my game today, anything I have to do? Pack the ship so it doesn’t move or something like that? Or am I good to go?

Secure both ships from moving and add try To reinstall the foam block in the back of the Playfield to assist in holding this mega heavy Playfield. Basically replace the factory shipping supports. There are several pics in this thread on removal. Good luck.

#7872 5 years ago

I was at the factory on Friday and both lines were running WOZ YBR. They were in the process of taking down all of the Pirates storyboards or whatever they call them.

I talked to one of the people there who told me they'll eventually be running the small line with Pirates while Wonka goes on the main line. I assume it will be the LE's people are waiting for. They didn't say, and I didn't ask if standards were going to be running after that or how long they were going to run them on that line.
All the boxes I saw were Yellow Brick Road I did not see any Pirates around.

They did have a Wonka in their showroom then I got to put a couple of games on. Cool game..

#7873 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I was at the factory on Friday and both lines were running WOZ YBR. They were in the process of taking down all of the Pirates storyboards or whatever they call them.
I talked to one of the people there who told me they'll eventually be running the small line with Pirates while Wonka goes on the main line. I assume it will be the LE's people are waiting for. They didn't say, and I didn't ask if standards were going to be running after that or how long they were going to run them on that line.
All the boxes I saw were Yellow Brick Road I did not see any Pirates around.
They did have a Wonka in their showroom then I got to put a couple of games on. Cool game..

I hope the gap in production doesn't mean new slew of run specific problems

#7874 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I hope the gap in production doesn't mean new slew of run specific problems

From what I can gather, they ran out of parts.

#7875 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

From what I can gather, they ran out of part.

I get that, but when you take a two month break from doing a game I feel like lessons learned are lost. I come from a background in manufacturing and this is true for us with the production workers

#7876 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Same here.

#7877 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I get that, but when you take a two month break from doing a game I feel like lessons learned are lost. I come from a background in manufacturing and this is true for us with the production workers

Ok then. I’ll keep the other info to myself then.

#7878 5 years ago

So what is the consensus on the star posts and washers? Sounded like the start posts are also causing dimpling? Did anyone have success with any kind of washer under them? I was thinking a fiber/felt or rubber washer would give some cushioning but sounded like they raised up the posts and that was an issue?

#7879 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

So what is the consensus on the star posts and washers? Sounded like the start posts are also causing dimpling? Did anyone have success with any kind of washer under them? I was thinking a fiber/felt or rubber washer would give some cushioning but sounded like they raised up the posts and that was an issue?

They do cause dimpling and this is with a soft silicone washer. Don’t do it until you’re chipped at which point it doesn’t matter. Raising the posts hasn’t caused an issue for me. I had some sling issues caused by worn out rubber.

#7880 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

They do cause dimpling and this is with a soft silicone washer. Don’t do it until you’re chipped at which point it doesn’t matter. Raising the posts hasn’t caused an issue for me. I had some sling issues caused by worn out rubber.

Yeah I have a chip in the lower left corner post. So I'm doing the star posts to cover that and prevent more chipping. Do you recommend the washers?

#7881 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Here is that photo you requested showing the washers:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7882 5 years ago

Yeah I have a chip in the lower left corner post. So I'm doing the star posts to cover that and prevent more chipping. Do you recommend the washers?

My personal take - and I’m just a guy here, no special wisdom - is that if you’re doing the stars, adding the washers is a good move to keep from getting new, larger, Star-shaped chips.

Time will tell if I’m right or not.

#7883 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My personal take - and I’m just a guy here, no special wisdom - is that if you’re doing the stars, adding the washers is a good move to keep from getting new, larger, Star-shaped chips.
Time will tell if I’m right or not.

Source for washers?

#7884 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Here is that photo you requested showing the washers:[quoted image]

Are those regular metal washers? IMHO that doesn't look so hot.

#7885 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

#7886 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I love my game's mods from Mod Couple, but FWIW: the silencer kit, unfortunately, has not improved the noisiness of my spinning disk.

#7887 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

noisiness of my spinning disk.

Wow, I noticed a ton of difference! Can still hear it if I am listening for it. But as far as game play, with volume at 19, I don't even notice it now!

IMHO that doesn't look so hot

I agree, can't believe that's what their fix was!

#7888 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I love my game's mods from Mod Couple, but FWIW: the silencer kit, unfortunately, has not improved the noisiness of my spinning disk.

Made mine nearly silent. You may want to check the clearance gap btw the new gear and the disc gearing. Before, mine was a clackety mess. Now it is a very quiet whirring hum.

#7889 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Did it come from the factory like this? What is the manufacture date? Mine is 12/21/18 and it doesn’t have these.

#7890 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Made mine nearly silent. You may want to check the clearance gap btw the new gear and the disc gearing. Before, mine was a clackety mess. Now it is a very quiet whirring hum.

Yep - did this as well as other recommended steps.

Don't mean to dissuade any other potential buyers - just letting folks know it's not a guaranteed fix. McSirTuna apparently got mixed results on his streamed installation as well.

#7891 5 years ago

Are those regular metal washers? IMHO that doesn't look so hot.

It's the Stern way. Time-tested, ugly as sin.

#7892 5 years ago

Source for washers?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DKKR3XI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00

Here they are installed with the star posts. Note that you will need to adjust the leaf holders after doing this mod.

IMG_0799 (resized).jpegIMG_0799 (resized).jpeg
#7893 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

amazon.com link »
Here they are installed with the star posts. Note that you will need to adjust the leaf holders after doing this mod.
[quoted image]

That extra height from the washers might be why you're getting switch leaves falling out and balls getting stuck behind the sling rubber. It's enough to make a difference.

#7894 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That extra height from the washer might be why you're getting switch leaves falling out and balls getting stuck behind the sling rubber.

Maybe. Obviously something I'm watching for, but both issues went away when I put in fresh rubber. I'm sticking with the washers for now as I don't want new star-shaped chip areas.

#7895 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Did it come from the factory like this? What is the manufacture date? Mine is 12/21/18 and it doesn’t have these.

Yea...I DEF did not do this.. haha

12/27/18

#7896 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Maybe. Obviously something I'm watching for, but both issues went away when I put in fresh rubber. I'm sticking with the washers for now as I don't want new star-shaped chip areas.

A mylar circle under each would be as effective and not change the geometry.

#7897 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Yikes!! Sorry don't like that improvement at all looks way wrong. IF you feel you need some washer support at least consider getting a clear washer solution. To cheap to do it wrong in my opinion. Titan as do others sell them cheap. Personally, while I don't see the need for any of these post fixes (Any compression to the clear coat will leave an indentation but who cares??) The issue from the start was the factory used slim line standoffs that were incorrectly molded with a sharp bottom edge. Add to that it looks like the assembly worker was torquing these Way too tight. There is nothing new with these stock standoffs and they have been used on Hundreds of games.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=134

#7898 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yikes!! Sorry don't like that improvement at all looks way wrong. IF you feel you need some washer support at least consider getting a clear washer solution. To cheap to do it wrong in my opinion. Titan as do others sell them cheap. Personally, while I don't see the need for any of these post fixes (Any compression to the clear coat will leave an indentation but who cares??) The issue from the start was the factory used slim line standoffs that were incorrectly molded with a sharp bottom edge. Add to that it looks like the assembly worker was torquing these Way too tight. There is nothing new with these stock standoffs and they have been used on Hundreds of games.
https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=134

Seems like all clear washers I've seen would be too big. I'll going to measure a star post to compare. But the soft washers look good!

#7899 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Yea...I DEF did not do this.. haha
12/27/18

That’s strange! I had an SE with an 03/01/19 manufacturing date and it didn’t have these.

#7900 5 years ago

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MSC

What are your thoughts on one of these round mylars under each post?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Wanted
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/158 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.