(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 378.
#7801 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Thinking about jumping in last minute. Looks like the most fun of all JJP games, although I haven’t played Wonka yet. I was gonna buy initially but loved the triple spinner when I played the prototypes. Are there any prototypes out there to take home? I still love that original feature, although I get it is not a major deal. Like the TZ third spiral magnet that was thrown out, it doesn’t seem to affect gameplay much, if at all. Of course, I have a third spiral magnet, so those things are interesting to me.

Nope.

You won’t miss it.

#7802 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Thinking about jumping in last minute. Looks like the most fun of all JJP games, although I haven’t played Wonka yet. I was gonna buy initially but loved the triple spinner when I played the prototypes. Are there any prototypes out there to take home? I still love that original feature, although I get it is not a major deal. Like the TZ third spiral magnet that was thrown out, it doesn’t seem to affect gameplay much, if at all. Of course, I have a third spiral magnet, so those things are interesting to me.

There are none to buy with the triple spinner, and actually I think what they ended up doing (variable speed disc that also changes directions randomly) is a very effective spinner that actually affects the ball trajectory a LOT, unlike spinners from pretty most other games that spin at a constant speed in one direction. It really doesn't matter that it's not a triple disc in the end because what they ended up doing actually seems to be better.

#7803 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There are none to buy with the triple spinner, and actually I think what they ended up doing (variable speed disc that also changes directions randomly) is a very effective spinner that actually affects the ball trajectory a LOT, unlike spinners from pretty most other games that spin at a constant speed in one direction. It really doesn't matter that it's not a triple disc in the end because what they ended up doing actually seems to be better.

Great responses, thanks guys! I’m gonna go for it, I hope... maybe there is a way to make the disc slightly more grippy to increase randomness...

#7804 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Great responses, thanks guys! I’m gonna go for it, I hope... maybe there is a way to make the disc slightly more grippy to increase randomness...

I mean... it will spin the ball and cause you to drain 100%.

I wouldn’t be too concerned about it being challenging or something.

#7805 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

It is already plenty grippy. In gameplay and compared to the playfield around it.

#7806 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

It is plenty random.

#7807 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

It doesn't need any more grip. The speed and direction changes grab and change the ball trajectory much better than any implementation I've ever seen in a pin.

Good luck in the hunt for an LE. They're almost completely dried up now, but there are some CEs left, then that's it.

#7808 4 years ago

Ok, great input guys! I like challenging for sure and this looks like it will be. I’ll get in the growing line and see what happens!

#7809 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It doesn't need any more grip. The speed and direction changes grab and change the ball trajectory much better than any implementation I've ever seen in a pin.
Good luck in the hunt for an LE. They're almost completely dried up now, but there are some CEs left, then that's it.

I was gonna say the LEs are gone by most accounts, but there are a few standards and CEs.

#7810 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Are there any prototypes out there to take home?

No. Software updates won't support them.

LTG : )

#7811 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I was gonna say the LEs are gone by most accounts, but there are a few standards and CEs.

Standards are only a last resort IMO. There are a few LEs still lurking around, but you need to have the nose of a truffle pig to find them. CEs are easier, but $3 grand more, which you might end up paying down the road for an LE HUO anyway if Jack really doesn't make anymore ever.

#7812 4 years ago

Why the large aversion to the standard model? Isn't the gameplay the same? Is the lightshow much worse?

#7813 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Why the large aversion to the standard model? Isn't the gameplay the same? Is the lightshow much worse?

Stainless steel, no shaker, no invisiglass, no topper, no spinner pop bumpers, no star map, no RGB GI...that’s a lot to lose for -$1000.

#7814 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

RGB GI is the biggest loss. It's WELL integrated into gameplay, and you can't add it later if you change your mind (like you could by spending $800 on just the shaker/invisiglass/rails at some future point). I'd never want a SE, nor would I recommend it, for that reason alone.

Actually if Jack had his thinking cap on, he'd make the last 100 or whatever Standards into LEs to help with the demand that is going to go unfulfilled.

#7815 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Stainless steel, no shaker, no invisiglass, no topper, no spinner pop bumpers, no star map, no RGB GI...that’s a lot to lose for -$1000.

Wow...

#7816 4 years ago

Are there even ANY LEs left at all to buy? Anywhere at all??

#7817 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Are there even ANY LEs left at all to buy? Anywhere at all??

Very FEW are still out there, but it's a cash in hand situation. No haggling.

#7818 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

How important is this protector?

I don't know. I never had an issue with a missed cannon shot.

#7819 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Once I get back to playing I won't do anything until a ball actually gets stuck or something..

Again, just PLAY it right...
Address it if it becomes an issue, but no need to "fix" something that isn't broken.

#7820 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

#7821 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Very FEW are still out there, but it's a cash in hand situation. No haggling.

I only happen to find one locally, I don't know of any others that exist. I heard about one in Tacoma, WA but not sure if it is an LE, might be a standard. No distributor has one that I can find, JJP doesn't know of any, none in any online sale, etc. Found a few CEs and several SEs.

#7822 4 years ago

So not that I'm going to do this...but I'm on Marco's site and people actually mylar the "entire" play field?

Maybe on older games?...

#7823 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I never had an issue with a missed cannon shot

I usually don't miss either at least that's what the wife says.
( in my best Andrew Dice Clay voice)

#7824 4 years ago

Pinballs.com claims they should have more LE’s in the next 30 days.

Bite the bullet and buy a CE. You won’t regret it!

#7825 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

So not that I'm going to do this...but I'm on Marco's site and people actually mylar the "entire" play field?
Maybe on older games?...

Changes the way the game plays, looks bad over time, not recommended.

#7826 4 years ago

The whole stainless steel siderails being a downgrade has always confused me. I do alot of metalworking and the cost of stainless is about 4-5 times the cost of cold rolled steel. Plus, powdercoating is cheap and dead simple. The cost of tooling for forming stainless is much more expensive, too.

#7827 4 years ago

Uh. I miss it all the time, just never have the ball do anything odd when it happens.

#7828 4 years ago

That said...

I just purchased a bunch of mylar from Marco. Like 10 ft of 5" strips and a bunch of the pre cut outs. It was like $55 but I figured I saved some by purchasing more and I should be set for a very long time or forever .. haha

I'm only mylaring:
1) Man Overboard -- recommended
2) Chapter Start Area

Perhaps a little overkill, but I like to be well stocked so there ya go.

#7829 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Changes the way the game plays, looks bad over time, not recommended.

I'm sure "bad" is and overstatement.

No thank you!

#7830 4 years ago

I wouldn't mind the stainless at all but I would not want to give up RGB lighting. I cannot imagine this game w/o it.

I will say this about POTC - it is by a wide margin the best game we have in our home and have owned. Does that mean I cannot wait to play it all the time, no - does that mean I only play it vs the other games in my home - no but it is still the BEST game we have.

Sometimes I am looking for something fun and and basic to play - WCS and MB fit that mold to a T. When I want an ass kicking but superbly fun - WH20.

When I want EPIC game play and endless variation - POTC. Our family absolutely sucks at the game but we still love to play it. The wife has started stacking MBs and the score is finally starting to rise (and she is just a flipper - no tactics, no strategy etc).

In the home I can think of no better game to have especially for its legs. I cannot imagine playing this on location and enjoying it. Too much going on and too much to do and you need the visual and audible cues the game gives.

Happy to be an LE owner just wish it had been cheaper, lol.

#7831 4 years ago

Are any of the lighting mods (chest, scoops, etc) from lermods or mezel actually controlled by the GI or interactive lighting? Or are they all independently lit unrelated to gameplay? I assume the latter but am hoping for the former I suppose with the JJP lighting system it is a bit much to have these minor mods correlated to gameplay. Seems like pinstadium is the only light mod that is integrated.

#7832 4 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I wouldn't mind the stainless at all but I would not want to give up RGB lighting. I cannot imagine this game w/o it.
I will say this about POTC - it is by a wide margin the best game we have in our home and have owned. Does that mean I cannot wait to play it all the time, no - does that mean I only play it vs the other games in my home - no but it is still the BEST game we have.
Sometimes I am looking for something fun and and basic to play - WCS and MB fit that mold to a T. When I want an ass kicking but superbly fun - WH20.
When I want EPIC game play and endless variation - POTC. Our family absolutely sucks at the game be still love to play it. The wife has started stacking MBs and the score is finally starting to rise (and she is just a flipper - no tactics, no strategy etc).
In the home I can think of no better game to have especially for its legs. I cannot imagine playing this on location and enjoying it. Too much going on and too much to do and you need the visual and audible cues the game gives.

Very proud to call this my first pin.

Eyeing a LE ATMr for the variety...

#7833 4 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

When I want EPIC game play and endless variation - POTC. Our family absolutely sucks at the game be still love to play it. The wife has started stacking MBs and the score is finally starting to rise (and she is just a flipper - no tactics, no strategy etc).

Do you play multiplayer games with the plundering? It's one of the best parts of the game IMO. FANTASTIC multiplayer due to the plundering feature.

#7834 4 years ago

It's pretty impressive...right?

I mean, here's this Pirates game that has ALL SORTS of issues NIB...more than "most" I guess is the consensus.

And yet...people are still chomping at the bit to pick one up.
Wouldn't you think this would deter people with all the "issues" it has?

I guess not..

Realizing once you truly get it dialed in - you're in for a treat!

#7835 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you play multiplayer games with the plundering? It's one of the best parts of the game IMO. FANTASTIC multiplayer due to the plundering feature.

I plundered my girlfriend's...character. (I didn't know you could do THAT.)

Needless to say...

She wasn't happy!

Hahahaha

#7836 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yep we love it.

Quoted from joseph5185:

Very proud to call this my first pin.
Eyeing a LE ATMr for the variety...

We love our MBRLE

#7837 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Are any of the lighting mods (chest, scoops, etc) from lermods or mezel actually controlled by the GI or interactive lighting? Or are they all independently lit unrelated to gameplay? I assume the latter but am hoping for the former I suppose with the JJP lighting system it is a bit much to have these minor mods correlated to gameplay. Seems like pinstadium is the only light mod that is integrated.

Our mods, trough and chest lights, hook to the spotlights so the mods go on and off whenever the spotlight goes off. The issue with making them interactive is you have to tap into the light boards, and that’s likely not a safe thing to do. Our chest light does have a dimmer with several different modes. I will have a game in May I hope so can take a closer look for other connection points.

#7838 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I plundered my girlfriend's...character. (I didn't know you could do THAT.)
Needless to say...
She wasn't happy!
Hahahaha

Yeah, that's the ultimate plunder because they can't re-pick the character and lose the perk they wanted. First time we realized you could do that we all cracked up.

#7839 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that's the ultimate plunder because they can't re-pick the character and lose the perk they wanted. First time we realized you could do that we all cracked up.

Same!

I was like ... "WOOW!!"

#7840 4 years ago

I was playing liars dice and the stakes were “19 souls.” Of course, I lost. Anyone see this before?

#7841 4 years ago

It's literally $20 shipped. And if you're going to put mylar on the chapter select or put a Cliffy on the map hole, it's a very easy installation.

Quoted from joseph5185:

Maybe on older games?...

Remember a weekish back, you mentioned playfield protectors, and I figured you meant plastic protectors? I think I posted a link in my reply.

Yup, you need to strip basically the entire playfield for that to fit on. And good luck not getting dust underneath. No thanks.

#7842 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

It's literally $20 shipped. And if you're going to put mylar on the chapter select or put a Cliffy on the map hole, it's a very easy installation.

Remember a weekish back, you mentioned playfield protectors, and I figured you meant plastic protectors? I think I posted a link in my reply.
Yup, you need to strip basically the entire playfield for that to fit on. And good luck not getting dust underneath. No thanks.

Sorry...what's $20 shipped?

#7843 4 years ago

Where is the Kraken mod for the Maelstrom?

I was like ... huh, I'm pretty sure I don't have that, but it looks cool. Nope. I don't lol

I did just pick up the Aztec Gold shooter rod. I don't wanna go crazy with mods, but I do think the Kraken would be cool.

EDIT: Where is generally a good place to look for mods in general?

#7844 4 years ago

Themodcouple.com

Absolute best mods for this game!

#7845 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Themodcouple.com
Absolute best mods for this game!

Themodcouplepinball.com

Thanks!

#7846 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Themodcouplepinball.com
Thanks!

EDIT: Wow! They support Apple Pay. Impressive!

#7847 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Our mods, trough and chest lights, hook to the spotlights so the mods go on and off whenever the spotlight goes off. The issue with making them interactive is you have to tap into the light boards, and that’s likely not a safe thing to do. Our chest light does have a dimmer with several different modes. I will have a game in May I hope so can take a closer look for other connection points.

Thanks! I have the mezel winky mod on my WoZ and wish it was interactive.

#7848 4 years ago

I MAY have lied...

That hanging noose / parrot mode also looks pretty sweet. Like it belongs!!

Haha!

#7849 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I MAY have lied...
That hanging noose / parrot mode also looks pretty sweet. Like it belongs!!
Haha!

Jack the monkey is awesome, too!

#7850 4 years ago

Am I only the one that "likes" the noise of the spinning disc?

Has pretty much "everyone" or almost everyone installed the disc silencer kit?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Wanted
29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/157?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.