(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 378.
#7701 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Yep! So are the CE plastics and stickers. I figured why not.
Upper playfield is available, too!

If it's as amazing as everyone says it is then it seems like a good move.

I'm sure it is. I just haven't had an opportunity to put hundreds or thousands of plays on it yet...

#7702 5 years ago

Got a spare apron/coin door LE decal set if anyone is interested. $25 shipped. **SOLD**

Sets of new pinball life slingshot star posts. $10 shipped to cover both slings (choose which color you want blue or clear)

PM me if interested

IMG_20190419_112158 (resized).jpgIMG_20190419_112158 (resized).jpg

IMG_20190419_112803 (resized).jpgIMG_20190419_112803 (resized).jpg

#7703 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'd love a ce playfield in a le. Too much Depp on the le

Davey Jones is only in 2 of 5 movies.
So of course it makes sense to make a *Davey Jones* the focus of the CE
I'd have gone with Kiera Knightley

#7704 5 years ago

I'd buy a Kiera Knightly POTC in a heartbeat!!!

Yowza!

#7705 5 years ago

What's the current best source for carbon steel balls?

I put in a set from Marco and I suspect one or more have already magnetized...I've had a couple instances of them sticking in the trough.

I realize there is some luck of the draw at play here, but before I reorder I thought I'd see what others recommend.

BallBaron seems to be out of stock.

#7706 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I put in a set from Marco and I suspect one or more have already magnetized...I've had a couple instances of them sticking in the trough.
I realize there is some luck of the draw at play here, but before I reorder I thought I'd see what others recommend.

I just went with Ninja chrome since I was tired of waiting and they are prettier (which is a +)
If they start magnetizing, I'll swap them out.

#7707 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I just went with Ninja chrome since I was tired of waiting and they are prettier (which is a +)

I recently tried some Ninja Chromes and they started to magnetize Same with the Super Shiny's. Magnetism in the ball trough can be avoided or at least minimized by using the trough shim from Marco Specialities. However, it's magnetism in the trunk lock that ends of ruining a game as the balls cannot be released since they will be slightly stuck together. Not sure if there's a way to avoid this? Release setting didn't improve anything.

I'm waiting on Ball Baron to get more carbon core balls in stock. Until then my distributor ordered me a new set of balls from JJP since the stock ones were in terrible shape. The new ones look good so going to toss them in the game.

#7708 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

TitanPinball! Like .95 cents each!

#7709 5 years ago

I finally heard back from Automated Services/Pinballs dot com, I am in and paid on a CE! It should ship this afternoon.

I will need to stock up on magnet-friendly pinballs, as I have only have Silverjet balls on-hand, and they shouldn't be used in games with magnets.

#7710 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I finally heard back from Automated Services/Pinballs dot com, I am in and paid on a CE! It should ship this afternoon.
I will need to stock up on magnet-friendly pinballs, as I have only have Silverjet balls on-hand, and they shouldn't be used in games with magnets.

Congratulations! You are going to love it. And wait until you see the cabinet with the glossy radcals!

#7711 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Yep ill have One Grand Blitz Wax on Saturday. Whats recommended on the playfield maintence thread over and over

Word of Caution with Blitz......Don't take it through Airport Security....they'll take it! Forgot my wife put it in my carry on and was so bummed.....Just bought another

#7712 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

TitanPinball! Like .95 cents each!

Done, ordered a lot. Thanks!

#7713 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Done, ordered a lot. Thanks!

How many did you nab? Thinking of getting 25 for about $30 shipped. Figure these last for a good 500 games, from what I've heard.

#7714 5 years ago

Just have a question is there much difference of gameplay between SE vs LE? Someone offer me they’re SE don’t know if the gameplay is the same.

#7715 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Just have a question is there much difference of gameplay between SE vs LE? Someone offer me they’re SE don’t know if the gameplay is the same.

No
Gameplay difference whatsoever!

#7716 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

No
Gameplay difference whatsoever!

The main thing you lose (that you can't add yourself) is the color changing GI. IMO that is a mood change, but zero gameplay changes I am aware of.

#7717 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

The main thing you lose (that you can't add yourself) is the color changing GI. IMO that is a mood change, but zero gameplay changes I am aware of.

The StarMap is a pretty big loss and I'm not sure that can be added aftermarket.

In some way I guess that could be considered a loss on a gameplay level but its not the most critical thing to lose.

#7718 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

The StarMap is a pretty big loss and I'm not sure that can be added aftermarket.
In some way I guess that could be considered a loss on a gameplay level but its not the most critical thing to lose.

Ah, to be honest I have not incorporated the starmap or treasures into my thinking yet... just shows how deep this game is when you can ignore two decent elements and still have more than enough game to handle

#7719 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Can be added if u have an extra starfield board

5v power & cat5 to j109

#7720 5 years ago

Short post....Just wanted to reach out to everyone who posts on this thread and say thank you for the help. I’m a first time pinball owner. I have been looking for a long time to buy one for my home theater. I was initially looking at the stern version of pirates and would search for some used ones in my area when I came across a company called jersey jacks who was making a new version of it. I found a local distributor who has a bunch of games to try out and liked the guardians game with the video screen. So the stern pirates without the video didn’t excite me. So I watched a ton a videos on the JJP POTC to see how it played since no one local had it. Well my local distributor got a standard edition in and had it set up to play. I rush over to play and bought it. Once we got it set up, I had some buyers remorse. I should have got a LE, but it seemed they were all sold out. My distributor came through though and found me the LE version and we made a deal to get it to me. So two of them had to go up a flight of stairs and one down. Those are some heavy machines. Anyways my local distributor has been great. Help me set everything up, I put all the mods on it and we love it. My son and I play it almost every night. He is really getting into pinball and we even went to our local distributors store for a tournament. My son has figured out more secrets than I have on the game. The machine has had some issues, but with everyone’s help and frank at jersey jacks we have it all dialed in and been having fun. You don’t know how much this thread has helped. It only took a month to go through all the posts to see if the issues I had were already discussed. Now there is the troubleshooting tips page that is great. Anyways thanks for the help. The game is great. Makes the other games feel like toys when we play them. Loving my POTC LE number 14. Thanks for all the help!!

111D464E-9B66-47FD-AA92-D1AFDC4E8755 (resized).jpeg111D464E-9B66-47FD-AA92-D1AFDC4E8755 (resized).jpeg41DCDE5A-777F-40BC-94E0-7F29975FEEF3 (resized).jpeg41DCDE5A-777F-40BC-94E0-7F29975FEEF3 (resized).jpeg0F9938A8-D257-4532-8D2A-EE96A5ECFA5F (resized).jpeg0F9938A8-D257-4532-8D2A-EE96A5ECFA5F (resized).jpeg2E1929F6-61C2-4E40-A3D2-0689934CCE09 (resized).jpeg2E1929F6-61C2-4E40-A3D2-0689934CCE09 (resized).jpeg792A0DDD-5C6D-4262-9E47-99CE54AFB3AF (resized).jpeg792A0DDD-5C6D-4262-9E47-99CE54AFB3AF (resized).jpeg
#7721 5 years ago
Quoted from Goody64:

Short post....Just wanted to reach out to everyone who posts on this thread and say thank you for the help. I’m a first time pinball owner.

"Welcome aboard" to the hobby! Glad you got your machine dialed in and you're loving it. You chose an excellent machine for your first pin.

#7722 5 years ago
Quoted from Goody64:

Short post....Just wanted to reach out to everyone who posts on this thread and say thank you for the help. I’m a first time pinball owner. I have been looking for a long time to buy one for my home theater. I was initially looking at the stern version of pirates and would search for some used ones in my area when I came across a company called jersey jacks who was making a new version of it. I found a local distributor who has a bunch of games to try out and liked the guardians game with the video screen. So the stern pirates without the video didn’t excite me. So I watched a ton a videos on the JJP POTC to see how it played since no one local had it. Well my local distributor got a standard edition in and had it set up to play. I rush over to play and bought it. Once we got it set up, I had some buyers remorse. I should have got a LE, but it seemed they were all sold out. My distributor came through though and found me the LE version and we made a deal to get it to me. So two of them had to go up a flight of stairs and one down. Those are some heavy machines. Anyways my local distributor has been great. Help me set everything up, I put all the mods on it and we love it. My son and I play it almost every night. He is really getting into pinball and we even went to our local distributors store for a tournament. My son has figured out more secrets than I have on the game. The machine has had some issues, but with everyone’s help and frank at jersey jacks we have it all dialed in and been having fun. You don’t know how much this thread has helped. It only took a month to go through all the posts to see if the issues I had were already discussed. Now there is the troubleshooting tips page that is great. Anyways thanks for the help. The game is great. Makes the other games feel like toys when we play them. Loving my POTC LE number 14. Thanks for all the help!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like those ships that you're using for toppers. Where did you get them?

#7723 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Yes and Yes. Iv'e been looking for something exactly like that. Well I was looking for one big ship but that looks awesome.

#7724 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Yes and Yes. Iv'e been looking for something exactly like that. Well I was looking for one big ship but that looks awesome.

The scale fits good w/ the existing JJP topper.

#7725 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The scale fits good w/ the existing JJP topper.

Yep.. It looks like it was supposed t be there all along.

#7726 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Ah, to be honest I have not incorporated the starmap or treasures into my thinking yet... just shows how deep this game is when you can ignore two decent elements and still have more than enough game to handle

Same.

I wouldn't know the first thing to do when I look at it either, but that's cool.

#7727 5 years ago
20190419_195411 (resized).jpg20190419_195411 (resized).jpg
#7728 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Risking a jinx of myself here, but here goes. I have over 1,500 games played on my machine and I'm still using the balls that came with it. Haven't had any problems with them. One thing though is over 900 of those games have been played as Tia Dalma, which means the starfield magnet isn't on them as much. Could the starfield magnet be the main issue with magnetizing? Just curious.

#7729 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

[quoted image]

The alternative route to Rum! Gibbs would surely approve!

Double Cannon is nicely loaded, and will get you loaded right quick also!

#7730 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The brown one my wife got for my office when she was in St Augustine, probably at a tourist trap. The black one I just picked up at Hobby Lobby last week.

I do have a question that hasn't seemed to have been covered. Is there a way to turn up the mid and bass tones on the speakers. When I had the standard edition, the bass would be so loud that it almost felt like it had a shaker. The LE version that I have seems to sound like there is to much high end and not enough mids or lows. I asked JJP about this and they had me unplug the cord from the back box that goes to the headphone jack. It did sound better, but not as good as the standard edition that I had. I checked the setting and moved them a little but it didn't help. Is there something Im missing in a setting. Or could I just need a different sub?

#7731 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Lol! Me too!
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I do love the CE, way too much money for this guy though

How is the sharpness of DJ on the playfield? Is he 'sharp' or a bit blurred?

#7732 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

POTC_Playfield_CE.jpgPOTC_Playfield_CE.jpg
#7733 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I'd say he looks pretty perfect.

#7734 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Nice and sharp. The pf has lots of cool art that is hidden by the mechs. Kinda neat to see all the detail and care that went into the pf.

#7735 5 years ago
Quoted from Goody64:

The brown one my wife got for my office when she was in St Augustine, probably at a tourist trap. The black one I just picked up at Hobby Lobby last week.
I do have a question that hasn't seemed to have been covered. Is there a way to turn up the mid and bass tones on the speakers. When I had the standard edition, the bass would be so loud that it almost felt like it had a shaker. The LE version that I have seems to sound like there is to much high end and not enough mids or lows. I asked JJP about this and they had me unplug the cord from the back box that goes to the headphone jack. It did sound better, but not as good as the standard edition that I had. I checked the setting and moved them a little but it didn't help. Is there something Im missing in a setting. Or could I just need a different sub?

Is that cord in the front of the cabinet or the head?

You should be able to add a subwoofer fairly easily.

#7736 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'd love a ce playfield in a le. Too much Depp on the le

Too much Depp?! Jack Sparrow is only THE main character of the collective movie series.

#7737 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Risking a jinx of myself here, but here goes. I have over 1,500 games played on my machine and I'm still using the balls that came with it. Haven't had any problems with them. One thing though is over 900 of those games have been played as Tia Dalma, which means the starfield magnet isn't on them as much. Could the starfield magnet be the main issue with magnetizing? Just curious.

Basically any magnetism to the ball can create an issue but if I were to guess the star-field magnet would be the least problematic as it is Under the playfield and less effective. The magnet behind the Black Pearl however is a direct magnet to ball grab and would assume the most probable culprit for magnetism.

#7738 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Chrome ones will generally magnetize the fastest. Save yourself the headache and just avoid them for any machine with magnets.

#7739 5 years ago

If any CE owners want to order me a CE playfield...lets talk.

#7740 5 years ago
Quoted from Goody64:

Haha I have one from st augustine from about 30 years ago. Believe it was a santa marina replica. Would have to dig it out of storage

#7741 5 years ago

Want to do something cool with this. Any suggestions?

20190420_140425 (resized).jpg20190420_140425 (resized).jpg
#7742 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Haha I have one from st augustine from about 30 years ago. Believe it was a santa marina replica. Would have to dig it out of storage

I think they look good up top so you might have to dig through that storage lol. 30 years ago??? Sounds like your due for another visit

#7743 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Want to do something cool with this. Any suggestions?[quoted image]

I think it would be super cool to send it to me where I will frame it!

#7744 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Want to do something cool with this. Any suggestions?[quoted image]

Get it signed by Eric and the JJP team and back light it in a frame.

20190321_202739 (resized).jpg20190321_202739 (resized).jpg
#7745 5 years ago

That's cool. Do they sell frames like that?

#7746 5 years ago

Does anyone sell Titan that also sells star posts? I see that Marco doesn't... it looks like Bay Area might. I was hoping for Marco or PBL. Are the Perfect Play close to Titan? Or are Titan just that much better? Or is just because that is what is OEM?

Also, I'm putting together an order... I have the 6 star posts and all new rings for the PoTC I just picked up used/routed a bit. All the rubbers need to be replaced (all black colored now) and I can clearly see the dimpling on the sling posts (one of them had some chipping now where the playfield wood is showing). Do I need some sort of soft washer to go under them?

As far as I can tell the game plays fine. Ship works nicely, nothing is protecting the wires so I'll do that when I install the rest of the cliffy kit that came with it. Also came with the gear mod for the spinning disc, so that was nice. Need to install. So not sure I need anything else, but open to suggestions

One more question... I recall reading here about audio clicking/cutting in and out. I believe that one of the fixes was to move some audio cables in the cabinet away from electrical? Can someone point me in the right direction?

#7747 5 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Does anyone sell Titan that also sells star posts? I see that Marco doesn't... it looks like Bay Area might. I was hoping for Marco or PBL. Are the Perfect Play close to Titan? Or are Titan just that much better? Or is just because that is what is OEM?
Also, I'm putting together an order... I have the 6 star posts and all new rings for the PoTC I just picked up used/routed a bit. All the rubbers need to be replaced (all black colored now) and I can clearly see the dimpling on the sling posts (one of them had some chipping now where the playfield wood is showing). Do I need some sort of soft washer to go under them?
As far as I can tell the game plays fine. Ship works nicely, nothing is protecting the wires so I'll do that when I install the rest of the cliffy kit that came with it. Also came with the gear mod for the spinning disc, so that was nice. Need to install. So not sure I need anything else, but open to suggestions

I use PerfectPlay on the flippers and marco (only - his is the best) white rubber on the rest of the machines once I replace the stock rubber.

#7748 5 years ago

One more question... I recall reading here about audio clicking/cutting in and out. I believe that one of the fixes was to move some audio cables in the cabinet away from electrical? Can someone point me in the right direction?

That was me amongst others for the audio. You may not have the issue.

Still need to disconnect the Molex connector and test.

Pinball is only one of the projects I have been working on and unfortunately haven’t gotten back to it yet.

#7749 5 years ago

Does anyone else have consistent issues with the ball flying out of the top of the maelstrom? Seems like even a moderately powerful shot has it flying right out the top. I thought maybe there would be a mod like a netting or even a basic, minimal clear piece to keep the ball in. Maybe the modcouple kraken would do it, I was going to order that anyhow.

#7750 5 years ago

Does anyone else have consistent issues with the ball flying out of the top of the maelstrom?

I used to have that issue occasionally until I installed the Mod Couple's Kraken and Maelstrom Battle. Has not happened since. If you are going to add those two mods, you might as well load up on all of the others (you will end up wanting them anyway) and save on shipping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/155?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.