(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 378.
#7651 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Yea, no...I agree!
Lloyd himself mentioned adding another layer of Mylar where Man Overboard occurs since the ball drops down hard directly to the playfield.

Another example of Is this really a problem or something that someone said. I Never question LTG as he is the Man but in design Eric recognized this potential issue and made the drop point a Steal Plate with a laminated decal. What could adding mylar possibly add to protect that? The ball lands on a solid steal plate, I suspect it will outlast the entire game personally. lol Mylar as you wish Or play that game like a mad man and have FUN!

#7652 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The ball lands on a solid steal plate,

Usually, or lands on the playfield, or bounces off the steel plate and lands on the playfield.

BSD and MM with one layer of mylar where ball goes off ramp and lands on mylar/playfield, playfield under mylar gets beat to crap. When you lift the mylar off, paint and wood bits come with.

We keep learning better ways to protect games. Another layer of mylar won't hurt. And may help years later.

LTG : )

#7653 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Another example of Is this really a problem or something that someone said. I Never question LTG as he is the Man but in design Eric recognized this potential issue and made the drop point a Steal Plate with a laminated decal. What could adding mylar possibly add to protect that? The ball lands on a solid steal plate, I suspect it will outlast the entire game personally. lol Mylar as you wish Or play that game like a mad man and have FUN!

The ball drops on steel most but not all of the time. The ball is wild.

I was thinking of adding protection to the wood area. If Lloyd suggested it I should have done it already

#7654 5 years ago

I wish I had photos to decipher this..

=)

#7655 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

The ball drops on steel most but not all of the time. The ball is wild.

Or if moving fast when it leaves the black pearl, bounces of the cabinet wall ricocheting right to the playfield, harder than a ball drop.

#7656 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I wish I had photos to decipher this..

Right side of the black pearl, down on the main playfield to the right of the arrow insert, I added an extra layer of mylar.

Disclaimer : And just taking this picture realized I missed a spot when cleaning.

DSC00792 (resized).JPGDSC00792 (resized).JPG
#7657 5 years ago

LTG any info as too why pf glass has a small gap? I have seen this on pretty much all pinball machines. From my Space Station to POTC.

#7658 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Right side of the black pearl, down on the main playfield to the right of the arrow insert, I added an extra layer of mylar.
Disclaimer : And just taking this picture realized I missed a spot when cleaning.
[quoted image]

This is the area I thought you were referring to.
Is this also the metal plate?

I've had the ball smack the top of the glass as well from the BP.

#7659 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

LTG any info as too why pf glass has a small gap?

Cabinet is longer than the glass ?

Quoted from joseph5185:

Is this also the metal plate?

Yes.

#7660 5 years ago

Hahaha, was just wondering. snappy come back

#7661 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

No way. I just rebuilt one of those guys

Yep me and Waderade812 are working on our rebuilds now. cletus finished his up a month or so ago. You should check out cletus thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-reanimation-of-gen-yagov-an-f-14-tomcat-restoration
It is Awesome.

#7662 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

How far to the right did you mylar? Any other spots other than the chapter select that you'd recommend Lloyd?

Amazing how many dirt trails can exist in a game.

#7663 5 years ago

Do I "100% need" Novus 1 or will Mist-N-Shine work just as well or better for the same purpose?
If not...I'd like to get it on order ASAP.

#7664 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Do I "100% need" Novus 1 or will Mist-N-Shine work just as well or better for the same purpose?
If not...I'd like to get it on order ASAP.

From what I know Novus is more a dirt scrubber, later down the road.

Mist N Shine is a nice light cleaner, no wax in it, but kinda cleans and shines things up a bit. But again, no wax. Just a nice general maintenance fluid, not for harder grime or waxing.

#7665 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

From what I know Novus is more a dirt scrubber, later down the road.
Mist N Shine is a nice light cleaner, no wax in it, but kinda cleans and shines things up a bit. But again, no wax. Just a nice general maintenance fluid, not for harder grime or waxing.

Interesting. I was informed Mist-N-Shine had a "tiny bit" of wax in it. I know it's a detailer...technically.

EDIT: Yea, no DEF not for waxing. I have P21S for that.

#7666 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

How far to the right did you mylar? Any other spots other than the chapter select that you'd recommend Lloyd?

Not real far. Mainly on the one already there.

Quoted from wesman:

Amazing how many dirt trails can exist in a game.

Happens pretty quick in commercial use.

#7667 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

And...after the WW reveal, I still want a AFMr. =D

I do too but with that being said I also want Alien, Hobbit, MMr, Tron, WW, WOZ, IJ, Star Trek(that’s the one with Cpt Vader I think), Ghostbusters, and more... it’s just that I’m soooo poor. Oh and my wife would be SUPER pissed if I bought even one more machine.

#7668 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Interesting. I was informed Mist-N-Shine had a "tiny bit" of wax in it. I know it's a detailer...technically.

Literally says contains no wax. :p

https://wizardsproducts.com/mist-n-shine-22-oz/

#7669 5 years ago

Don’t listen to the haters Joseph. If you believe it has wax than it has wax. Most importantly I believe in you!

#7670 5 years ago

Ha!

Well good. Spray wax is bad. It still leaves the surface slick .. somehow. I’m told.

#7671 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Don’t listen to the haters Joseph. If you believe it has wax than it has wax. Most importantly I believe in you!

Hahaha

#7672 5 years ago

My regimen is clean the playfield with Novus 1 any time I take the glass off, or if things get too visibly dirty.

I get ball trails within a day of cleaning so I do this a lot.

#7673 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

I do too but with that being said I also want Alien, Hobbit, MMr, Tron, WW, WOZ, IJ, Star Trek(that’s the one with Cpt Vader I think), Ghostbusters, and more... it’s just that I’m soooo poor. Oh and my wife would be SUPER pissed if I bought even one more machine.

I don’t think I’ll ever constitute anyone who owns even 1 pin as “poor.”

But more money is always nice for pins. lol

=)

#7674 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

My regimen is clean the playfield with Novus 1 any time I take the glass off, or if things get too visibly dirty.
I get ball trails within a day of cleaning so I do this a lot.

Well then... maybe I need better brighter lights then.

Granted, I play in the dark. I enjoy the lighting from the machine.

Let me try this Mist-N-Shine and see for myself. I have 0 against Novus 1, but I was under the impression that MNS (since I’m getting tired of spelling it out) was a “better” mousetrap.

#7675 5 years ago

Okay ...

I MAY not ask a sillier question than this one (or I might)...

Is there some special surface to use an exacto blade on when cutting or ...

Whatever you can find... cardboard, floor, family member, etc...

#7676 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Okay ...
I MAY not ask a sillier question than this one (or I might)...
Is there some special surface to use an exacto blade on when cutting or ...
Whatever you can find... cardboard, floor, family member, etc...

I make a lot of jokes on here but seriously, not your children! They wiggle soooo much the cut is always crooked!

#7677 5 years ago

Honestly I use cardboard or even the cutting board we have in the kitchen. Don’t tell my wife!

#7678 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

I make a lot of jokes on here but seriously, not your children! They wiggle soooo much the cut is always crooked!

Lmao

#7679 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Honestly I use cardboard or even the cutting board we have in the kitchen. Don’t tell my wife!

Same thought process.

A cutting board or something.

#7680 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Ha!
Well good. Spray wax is bad. It still leaves the surface slick .. somehow. I’m told.

Just ordered some One Grand Blitz wax the other day. Been hearing a lot of good things about it on here.

#7681 5 years ago

Yep ill have One Grand Blitz Wax on Saturday. Whats recommended on the playfield maintence thread over and over

#7682 5 years ago

Oh and on a side note my replacement parts came in today. Got both light boards put in and I'm happy to say my main playfield light issues are resolved. Now to remove the BP to fix the one last RGB thats not working properly.

#7683 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just ordered some One Grand Blitz wax the other day. Been hearing a lot of good things about it on here.

That's the only wax I use....been using for 10+ years now.

#7684 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Lol, you should see how to clean a wiring harness!!!!
I would go with cardboard on a nice flat surface.

#7685 5 years ago

Blitz here too.

#7686 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

That's it for me, for now...until the Cliffy's arrive.

Nope. Just joking ...

#7687 5 years ago

Anyone bored of theirs in Australia and want to sell?

#7688 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Best wax there is and it plays fast fast fast!
One complaint is it’s a bit flaky but a little goes a long way and I keep a small handheld shop vac handy for picking up the flakes/wax dust.

#7689 5 years ago

I'm still waiting on my POTC LE.

In the meantime, I bought a playfield. Mirco did a fantastic job!

DSC_4241 (resized).JPGDSC_4241 (resized).JPG
#7690 5 years ago

If anyone is interested in the standard JJP plastic topper that came with the LE let me know.

THIS IS SOLD NOW, THANKS

I am using a different topper and don't need this big box sitting in my house.

Greg

#7691 5 years ago

PM sent

#7692 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

If anyone is interested in the standard JJP plastic topper that came with the LE let me know.
Will send it to you for the cost of shipping + $10
I am using a different topper and don't need this big box sitting in my house.
Greg

PM sent

#7693 5 years ago

While we're giving stuff away...

I have a spare set of LE side art decals. I ended up going with Radcals so I don't need them.

I'll send them for the cost of shipping only, but I'd like them to go to a "good home" - someone who has art damage and the skills to install them.
PM me to discuss.

#7694 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm still waiting on my POTC LE.
In the meantime, I bought a playfield. Mirco did a fantastic job!
[quoted image]

Lol! Me too!
978CED0E-76E5-48BB-B6E3-3270BBFCD632 (resized).jpeg978CED0E-76E5-48BB-B6E3-3270BBFCD632 (resized).jpeg

AA267F07-43CD-4081-834D-70B9490F46D2 (resized).jpegAA267F07-43CD-4081-834D-70B9490F46D2 (resized).jpegAE5EEEC4-AD3A-4820-A268-C829141C0468 (resized).jpegAE5EEEC4-AD3A-4820-A268-C829141C0468 (resized).jpeg6059ED44-BC76-46E2-9C9F-ECB681AD75B6 (resized).jpeg6059ED44-BC76-46E2-9C9F-ECB681AD75B6 (resized).jpeg
#7695 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Lol! Me too![quoted image]

I wish I could buy one of the CE playfields, but since I'm not a CE owner, JJP won't sell me one.

#7696 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I wish I could buy one of the CE playfields, but since I'm not a CE owner, JJP won't sell me one.

I'd love a ce playfield in a le. Too much Depp on the le

#7697 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Lol! Me too!
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!

Are the CE playfields still available?

#7698 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Nice!

According to the website, JJP has them in stock. In order to buy one, you have to be a POTC CE owner.

#7699 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

According to the website, JJP has them in stock. In order to buy one, you have to be a POTC CE owner.

If you have been following this thread you would have known that I am one.

Awesome!

I'll have to talk this over with the Misses.

#7700 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Nice!

Yep! So are the CE plastics and stickers. I figured why not.

Upper playfield is available, too!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/154 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.