(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,810 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by insight75
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
8b9srv (resized).jpg
20231211_131402 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 377.
#7551 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Really fun game agreed but not pirates personally on any level. As I said before Eric and team Really raised the bar with this game and I suspect few if any will ever match the full package of this game. I did order a WW Le though as it plays fun similar to DI with a better theme. As for delivery, not sure they moved anything back as they said from day 1 unveil expect 60-90 days till ship. I suspect unlike Pirates they will stay on track this time.

Oops, meant my jjpotc got delayed to may

#7552 4 years ago

Before I reload my software I'm wondering if you guys know specific times shaker engages . For the past week timing on mine seems off. I thought at start of multiball it would and successful canon shots can anyone verify

#7553 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Search the thread for Ace Hardware, there is a “subway post” fix.

I've found the thread about the fix in the key posts, it's got a great picture of the screw and the spacers I need, but doesn't actually describe the fix itself. What exactly is happening in the picture as it looks like exactly the fix I need?

#7554 4 years ago

edit: delete! whoops

#7555 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Any news out of MGC regarding Pirates code?

On last night’s Buffalo Pinball stream, Keefer again said, ‘soon....I might be forced to do yet one more release before .99’

#7556 4 years ago

One thing I'm hoping gets fixed in the next code update is the BP cannon gate logic. As it stands, the gate closes when any switch on the main playfield is triggered, and when you return to the BP you need to hit any switch (on the BP) to reopen the gate. To me this doesn't make sense, just the act of getting back on the BP should reopen the gate - the VUK or the ramp opto should be the trigger.

#7557 4 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

I've found the thread about the fix in the key posts, it's got a great picture of the screw and the spacers I need, but doesn't actually describe the fix itself. What exactly is happening in the picture as it looks like exactly the fix I need?

The opening to the subway is a bit too wide which allows a ball to stick rather than queue up and roll where it needs to go. The post compresses the subway enough to remove this extra space.

AFAIK JJP ships this fix from the factory in recent builds.

#7558 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Before I reload my software I'm wondering if you guys know specific times shaker engages . For the past week timing on mine seems off. I thought at start of multiball it would and successful canon shots can anyone verify

Mine didn't go off for the successful cannon shot. It did go off for starting At World's End multiball.

#7559 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

One thing I'm hoping gets fixed in the next code update is the BP cannon gate logic. As it stands, the gate closes when any switch on the main playfield is triggered, and when you return to the BP you need to hit any switch (on the BP) to reopen the gate. To me this doesn't make sense, just the act of getting back on the BP should reopen the gate - the VUK or the ramp opto should be the trigger.

This is probably because for the gate to stay open a coil is being drawn the whole time. It's probably done to save some voltage or coil wear.

#7560 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

This is probably because for the gate to stay open a coil is being drawn the whole time. It's probably done to save some voltage or coil wear.

Yes, I would agree. I'm just suggesting that the code could reopen the gate when the ball is back on the Pearl based on the VUK (behind the Pearl) or the opto on the ramp up.

#7562 4 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Mine didn't go off for the successful cannon shot. It did go off for starting At World's End multiball.

Ok ty for info really think for canon shot it needs to hopefully in a update .

#7563 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'll be ordering one...Any ETA on when you'll have them in stock?

In stock today.

#7564 4 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

Ok ty for info really think for canon shot it needs to hopefully in a update .

Yep, it's a pretty neat shot and the signature shot of the game. I think the animation for it is great, but it would be nice to add some shaker for it too.

#7565 4 years ago

Susan and I are streaming at http://twitch.tv/NSPinball

#7566 4 years ago

Man the more I think about the recent WW reveal from one of the greatest designers and all of that hype....I think about Eric Hogbog and how I feel like he's forced now to be in this shadow role bc Jack is going to push through his new plan of less is more if you know what I mean. It started with the new WoZ and ww just confirmed this is the new strategy

Just tonight I did a DI to Wonka comparison that is so one sided for DI... Can you imagine if I were to compare JJPs lastest effort (potc) to WW? Logically speaking you would expect more but we all know that didn't happen and I feel like the insiders are closing their eyes and not acknowledging what is going on here. To that I say the following

Eric - amazing job again on this table. You deserve the spotlight longer than you had it but just know the true players not caught up in the inside hype know how great you are and how special this game is.

I look forward to your GnR table although I suspect Jack will put the strain on you more than potc. It's ok if so as we all received your true vision in potc and prod to own it.

#7567 4 years ago

No doubt the machine is amazing. I pulled the trigger on one of the last POTC LEs in the country (NIB anyway) because there just isn't much that compares. Due to the low production numbers and the great reputation I think there is little risk in buying this machine new. I agree that Eric hit it out of the park here and Keefer on code takes it to the next level. Can't wait to get it!

GnR will also be epic, I get the feeling Eric has a few tricks up his sleeve.

#7568 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Eric - amazing job again on this table. You deserve the spotlight longer than you had it but just know the true players not caught up in the inside hype know how great you are and how special this game is.

I think we all agree, this game really is something special and it really deserves a longer run.

#7569 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Susan and I are streaming at http://twitch.tv/NSPinball

I could only catch a few minutes on my phone unfortunately as my reception was sketchy. Why is your wife so set against you moving the I lane post?

Thought it was kind of ironic that as soon as she stated that you're not going to be doing it, she had a cheap drain fly right down it.

Thanks for streaming!

#7570 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I could only catch a few minutes on my phone unfortunately as my reception was sketchy. Why is your wife so set against you moving the I lane post?
Thought it was kind of ironic that as soon as she stated that you're not going to be doing it, she had a cheap drain fly right down it.
Thanks for streaming!

Haha, right??

She’s adamant that we get good at it as shipped/designed, so our skills will be portable to other machines.

#7571 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Haha, right??
She’s adamant that we get good at is as shipped/designed, so our skills will be portable to other machines.

I respect her determination.

#7572 4 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I agree with this. Once the game knows you’re on the Pearl the gate ought to open, assuming you’re qualified for it.

#7573 4 years ago

I am going to say that if you have not played a game of POTC JJ then you do not know pinball. Do not play on site but someone that will let you play. If you can you will understand why this game is and will always be the best game of all time. But if you play on site hit and miss. There is too many different ways to play this game that if you think I know all. You don't.

#7574 4 years ago

I can not play right now because of waiting on a monitor. So I could be JJ sucks and why play the game. Like the dip s%+- on a pod cast. If he had ever played a good game he would still say that it was bad. He has to be a Sten kiss ass. So f%+= off dip s%++

#7575 4 years ago

Yep game is amazing. Have had mine for approx 2 weeks now and family has put ~1000 plays on it. Im the best "player" and I finally got all the multiballs rolling for the first time today. Still have not got to treasure hoard always 1 or 2 treasures short and every time I bet for them in Liars dice I lose. Have only seen 2 of the 5 wizard modes. Cant see this game getting old anytime soon. Got my deep rules PotC (and if were being honest rules arnt really deep just a lot of them). Got my fast brutal but simple rules F-14 tomcat. Now just need chicago gaming to remake wh2o to round out the pinball corner. On a side note moved the post by the left outlane. Game feels waay better still get cheap drains but nowhere near as many.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7576 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Haha, right??
She’s adamant that we get good at it as shipped/designed, so our skills will be portable to other machines.

Ha! My wife is instantly like "move the posts, it's too hard". It's the only game we've had to do it to though out of South Park, Dialed In, and Maiden.
I agree with her though. This is a mean game. The first post we moved was the one on the ship so it doesn't fall off as easy.

#7577 4 years ago

Don't know if anyone caught it but Jack confirmed on Kaneda's podcast that they made at least 1000 POTC total.

#7578 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Don't know if anyone caught it but Jack confirmed on Kaneda's podcast that they made at least 1000 POTC total.

Whoever receives a pin this week, look under the playfield for a blue stamped number near the drain/trough and report what number that is. Mine was 0682 made on 1/15/19. Those are stamped sequentially based on the production order - per what Jack told me at the factory. That will give you an idea for the number produced.

#7579 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Whoever receives a pin this week, look under the playfield for a blue stamped number near the drain/trough and report what number that is. Mine was 0682 made on 1/15/19. Those are stamped sequentially based on the production order - per what Jack told me at the factory. That will give you an idea for the number produced.

Mine is one of the last ones built with the missing parts right now. I'll update you when I get mine in May.

#7580 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I've been told they have about 130 limited editions left to make. The LE was only supposed to be 1,000. I think it's a matter of they just sold everything that they expected to sell. I can see them making standards on their secondary line but unless they come out with another limited edition (always possible with JJP) I think that's it.
If I'm not mistaken the Wonka limited edition number is 4000. Probably a lesson learned from Pirates

#7581 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Haha, right??

Well... on a Stern I agree.... On a JJP you usually better come in at 300lbs plus if you want any chance at nudging.

Or are as of the chains as Derek's wife is... She almost threw the POTC out of the window during her successful right outlane saves yesterday

#7582 4 years ago

Without looking thru all these posts...Any simple way to follow the rules...I understand shooting the ship strategy and lilting the fuse to shoot the cannon . What's the best thing to shoot for when you start a game... are you seeing how many chapters to start ? and do you have to finsh one chapter before you go to another? There is a lot gong on with this game

#7583 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I've been told they have about 130 limited editions left to make. The LE was only supposed to be 1,000. I think it's a matter of they just sold everything that they expected to sell. I can see them making standards on their secondary line but unless they come out with another limited edition (always possible with JJP) I think that's it.
If I'm not mistaken the Wonka limited edition number is 4000. Probably a lesson learned from Pirates

Jack said 40 left (all are sold) to make in his Kaneda interview.

#7584 4 years ago

I believe 40 left all sold to build is about right.

#7585 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I believe 40 left all sold to build is about right.

One of them is mine!

#7586 4 years ago

He said they were planning to finish them in the next 2 weeks and then start making Wonka.

#7587 4 years ago

That’s also about right I think. Wonka should be on the line in May I think not sure exactly what date.

#7588 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Without looking thru all these posts...Any simple way to follow the rules...I understand shooting the ship strategy and lilting the fuse to shoot the cannon . What's the best thing to shoot for when you start a game... are you seeing how many chapters to start ? and do you have to finsh one chapter before you go to another? There is a lot gong on with this game

first thing i try to do (unless i'm will turner) is plunge the ball into the upper loop area, rip a few loops and then hit into the G.O.L.D. targets. with enough loops you can instantly have a tortuga multiball ready to go.

after that i just start hitting shots that get you towards qualifying multiballs (chest shots, loop shots, spinner shots, main 'red arrow' shots). i usually don't worry too much about the ship right away unless i plunge the skillshot for it. at that point i'll always try to, at least, prime the cannon before my ball drops off the ship.

=and yes... you have to do each chapter individually, you can't stack them. but you can have chapters running during multiballs so that is always a top goal too. basically always have a chapter running if you have the ability, which is pretty easy because the shots you are hitting to qualify multiballs will also qualify chapters.

#7589 4 years ago

I finally was able to spend some time on Potc this past weekend and really enjoyed it.

Question: what does the 72 light star field do? Does it show specific constellations collected or something, or is it just random lights flashing?

Just trying to decide if an SE is worth it over higher level models.

Thanks

#7590 4 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

I finally was able to spend some time on Potc this past weekend and really enjoyed it.
Question: what does the 72 light star field do? Does it show specific constellations collected or something, or is it just random lights flashing?
Just trying to decide if an SE is worth it over higher level models.
Thanks

i believe it shows the current constellation that you need to collect which is shown on the video display on the SE.

#7591 4 years ago

So for mylar?

3mm is good? or at least...good for this game?
I'm going to run to Michael's soon and see if I can find some maybe.

Still working on "issues"...

Hopefully "soon"...

#7592 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just tonight I did a DI to Wonka comparison that is so one sided for DI... Can you imagine if I were to compare JJPs lastest effort (potc) to WW? Logically speaking you would expect more but we all know that didn't happen and I feel like the insiders are closing their eyes and not acknowledging what is going on here.

I wanted to hear this.
Both Lawlor designs and both standard bodies. It's a natural comparison IMO.

I would have guessed that DI kills WW, but it probably "shouldn't" have ESP given the asking prices.

I thought $12.5 for Pirates CE was a stretch...but for how incredible this game truly is, it's understandable.
WW the same price? No way in hell...

I have the money, but no.

#7593 4 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

I am going to say that if you have not played a game of POTC JJ then you do not know pinball. Do not play on site but someone that will let you play. If you can you will understand why this game is and will always be the best game of all time. But if you play on site hit and miss. There is too many different ways to play this game that if you think I know all. You don't.

The one I played on site was actually CE, but yea...I agree.

Couldn't hear audio for anything (where's the "fun" in that). So damn noisy AND they have the machines turned down.
And it had the SDTM off the Tortuga VUK...which is funny because I was trying to figure out how I was going to deal with that when I got my game because I thought it was me.

Turns out...it wasn't me.

#7594 4 years ago

I’ve got a brand new, unopened Playfield for sale if anyone is interested. It’s the standard/LE play field. PM me if interested. Looking for $800 + shipping. They are $1000 + shipping from JJP.

#7595 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

One of them is mine!

Me also My Alien is waiting for it's new neighbor!

#7596 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

One of them is mine!

My POTC LE is in the last batch too.

#7597 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My POTC LE is in the last batch too.

As well as mine. Two weeks, turned into two more weeks, turned into two more weeks, turned into three months total (it now appears).

#7598 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

As well as mine. Two weeks, turned into two more weeks, turned into two more weeks, turned into three months total (it now appears).

Those boats from China are a bitch, and if they spill them overboard enroute, you need to chase them to portland on the tides.

#7599 4 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Yep game is amazing. Have had mine for approx 2 weeks now and family has put ~1000 plays on it. Im the best "player" and I finally got all the multiballs rolling for the first time today. Still have not got to treasure hoard always 1 or 2 treasures short and every time I bet for them in Liars dice I lose. Have only seen 2 of the 5 wizard modes. Cant see this game getting old anytime soon. Got my deep rules PotC (and if were being honest rules arnt really deep just a lot of them). Got my fast brutal but simple rules F-14 tomcat. Now just need chicago gaming to remake wh2o to round out the pinball corner. On a side note moved the post by the left outlane. Game feels waay better still get cheap drains but nowhere near as many.

1,000!?? in 2 weeks!??

Oh my good gracious...

I would love to know:
1) What modifications you have made to the game. Added Mylar, etc...
2) How much maintenance has been performed in this period?
3) How the game is holding up and looking after this.

Thanks much!

#7600 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those boats from China are a bitch, and if they spill them overboard enroute, you need to chase them to portland on the tides.

I think its delayed more from pirate looting than flotsam.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
There are 18,810 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/152?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.