(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 378.
#7501 5 years ago

For those considering adding one of the various pinblade sets available for JJP POTC, here are a few pics of Pingraffix's product that I just installed in my game:

DSC04479 (resized).jpgDSC04479 (resized).jpg
DSC04467 (resized).jpgDSC04467 (resized).jpg
DSC04502 (resized).jpgDSC04502 (resized).jpg

#7502 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

For those considering adding one of the various pinblade sets available for JJP POTC, here are a few pics of Pingraffix's product that I just installed in my game:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Those look sweet. Were they easy to install? Did you use the wet method, or dry?

#7503 5 years ago

Well considering I bought and paid for one 2 weeks ago and received it 1 week ago cant really say they are sold out. And you are also contradicting yourself when you said that

Quoted from cheshirefilms:

With the high cost of materials in POTC and it's poor sales record, as in, maybe 800-1000 games sold across all editions, like the most recent movie, I think it's fair to say the game is done and Jersey Jack won't come back. I mean, what could they strip out to make it more profitable to return, AND hope it doesn't belly flop a second time? No ships= no game.

So are you saying that only 800-1000 games have been sold and there will never be another run? My comment was not incorrect from what you had initially said. LE are hard to find CE are more available and SE you can still get pretty easily. Not sure how I was incorrect.

#7504 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Those look sweet. Were they easy to install? Did you use the wet method, or dry?

These were a little more difficult than usual (Sterns for me) due to 1) the inner hardware piece for the backbox hinge needing to be removed on both sides in order to get the pinblade flat and 2) the comparatively tight fitting playfield.

I used the wet method and definitely recommend it. Able to lift the playfield with no worries now too - these pinblades are heavy duty vinyl.

#7505 5 years ago

Those art blades are the nicest I’ve seen so far. Sweet

#7506 5 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Those art blades are the nicest I’ve seen so far. Sweet

I like how they match the artwork on the apron and tie in well with the playfield's art too.

That said, I think the JJP POTC pinblades by Tilt Graphics look nice as well. For those interested, they can be seen in this previous post by WolfManCat :

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/108#post-4876819

#7507 5 years ago

I like how they match the artwork on the apron and tie in well with the playfield's art too.
That said, I think the JJP POTC pinblades by Tilt Graphics look nice as well. For those interested, they can be seen in this previous post by WolfManCat :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/108#post-4876819

Love yours! They blend great!

#7508 5 years ago

I phoned the PinballDotCom people and left a voice-mail. Thanks for the tip!

#7509 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Well considering I bought and paid for one 2 weeks ago and received it 1 week ago cant really say they are sold out. And you are also contradicting yourself when you said that

So are you saying that only 800-1000 games have been sold and there will never be another run? My comment was not incorrect from what you had initially said. LE are hard to find CE are more available and SE you can still get pretty easily. Not sure how I was incorrect.

No one knows anything for sure about the games figures or future except perhaps the powers that fund JJP.. I just think we can read the tea leaves and make a reasonable forecast.

I admit I got the CE part wrong, though people cancelled selling their LEs for allegedly not finding the CE. At least from the trusted/usual suspects distributors.

As for the LE it still seems sold out. A couple weeks ago/around TPF was the timeframe people were scrambling to get the final ones.

But if one disty know one knows has a couple left, it's definitely a secret the others aren't privy to sharing to the rest of us.

#7510 5 years ago

Got the 666666 multiball going along with AARGH frenzy all at the same time last night! What a rush!

#7511 5 years ago

Ya I’ve been trying to get to everything on machine. Have had 5 of 6 multi balls running and then drained. Best Arthur frenzy I’ve had was about 100k 4x Playfield going. And stacking points for chapters is definetly a strategy. Not sure how I accomplished it but last night had a game where chapter shots were worth we’ll over 5k (wanna say when I drained it was at 7k) by itself that makes some of the bigger chapters worth quite a bit of points. Get a multiplier going and get a ton of points for not a lot of work

#7512 5 years ago

So the only solution to STDM from the star map is the double flipper action (which cancels you seeing the goals) or nudging it.
Damn, that's not a good design.

#7513 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

So the only solution to STDM from the star map is the double flipper action (which cancels you seeing the goals) or nudging it.

maybe check the level of your game. Mine never does SDTM from star map.

#7514 5 years ago

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Flipper Toppers
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/jjp-potc

JJP-POTC-Flipper-Toppers-Wood (resized).jpgJJP-POTC-Flipper-Toppers-Wood (resized).jpgJJP-POTC-Flipper-Toppers-White (resized).jpgJJP-POTC-Flipper-Toppers-White (resized).jpgJJP-POTC-Flipper-Toppers-Yellow (resized).jpgJJP-POTC-Flipper-Toppers-Yellow (resized).jpg
#7515 5 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Flipper Toppers
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice, any pics of the white or wood with red rubber?

#7516 5 years ago

Dark room but..

flippers (resized).jpgflippers (resized).jpg
#7517 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Got the 666666 multiball going along with AARGH frenzy all at the same time last night! What a rush!

Isn't that awesome?? I love this game.

#7518 5 years ago

Something is not right.

On mine, before the post drops, the magnet yanks the ball up so it doesn't go SDTM. Does your magnet work, bouncing the ball around in the star map area? Are you on the latest firmware? (0.98)

#7519 5 years ago

I'll double check my firmware. The ball slams around like it's supposed to, but most of the time sits on the post afterward until the post drops. It occasionally gives one more yank but not all the time. I'll check it tonight.

#7520 5 years ago

I'll double check my firmware. The ball slams around like it's supposed to, but most of the time sits on the post afterward until the post drops. It occasionally gives one more yank but not all the time. I'll check it tonight.

Just a thought, make sure the post is traveling Smoothly up and down and not binding. After it tosses the ball around on mine it immediately lowers the post without delay.

#7521 5 years ago

Pirates of the Caribbean GameBlades™

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 12.43.03 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-04-15 at 12.43.03 PM (resized).pngPOTC-JJP-2nd-01 (resized).jpgPOTC-JJP-2nd-01 (resized).jpgPOTC-JJP-2nd-02 (resized).jpgPOTC-JJP-2nd-02 (resized).jpgPOTC-JJP-2nd-03 (resized).jpgPOTC-JJP-2nd-03 (resized).jpgPOTC-JJP-2nd-05 (resized).jpgPOTC-JJP-2nd-05 (resized).jpgPOTC-JJP-2nd-04 (resized).jpgPOTC-JJP-2nd-04 (resized).jpg
#7522 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I just shot [email protected] an email requesting that he order and stock these.
Terry is cool like that...shoot him an email showing interest. and he will hook us up.

It’s here...
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=POTCCS_UK

03D1A93B-6636-4DE9-BBE9-286B724777A3 (resized).png03D1A93B-6636-4DE9-BBE9-286B724777A3 (resized).png
#7523 5 years ago

Ordered! Thanks for the heads up!

#7524 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Is anyone else thinking of moving the I-lane post inward?
Those drains are just brutalizing me tonight.

I just put a larger post rubber on, instead of moving the post. less dramatic than moving the post, and it made the “I” lane a little tighter.
Also, another plus to this method, is no potential mark left on the playfield from moving the post...

#7525 5 years ago

Met Eric at MGC as he was breaking down the wonka games. Shook his hand and thanked him for making this awesome JJPOTC game. We are huge fans of his given how big a hit this game is for our family. Can’t wait to see what he does next.

#7526 5 years ago

These were a little more difficult than usual (Sterns for me) due to 1) the inner hardware piece for the backbox hinge needing to be removed on both sides in order to get the pinblade flat and 2) the comparatively tight fitting playfield.
I used the wet method and definitely recommend it. Able to lift the playfield with no worries now too - these pinblades are heavy duty vinyl.

So, the precut hole on the Pingraffix blades was not large enough to go over the hinge nut? would it be possible to make the hole on the pinblade larger before the install to prevent the need to remove the nut?

#7527 5 years ago
Quoted from jGraffix:

Pirates of the Caribbean GameBlades™
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do these have a pre-cut hole for the hinge nut?

#7528 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

So, the precut hole on the Pingraffix blades was not large enough to go over the hinge nut? would it be possible to make the hole on the pinblade larger before the install to prevent the need to remove the nut?

Me and another guy on here just installed it over the nut without taking it out or cutting a hole. You can't tell at all and it looks flat even with the lights on.

#7529 5 years ago

Me and another guy on here just installed it over the nut without taking it out or cutting a hole. You can't tell at all and it looks flat even with the lights on.

So, Pingraffix’s POTC JJP blades, do not come with a pre-cut hinge nut hole?

#7530 5 years ago

No on mine it yanks the ball up before releasing post in star map area. It is on rare occasions it will not hit anything on the way down and go SDTM. Seems like it happens more when it rests on right side of post before release

#7531 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

So, Pingraffix’s POTC JJP blades, do not come with a pre-cut hinge nut hole?

No, but like I said, It looks great just going over it.

#7532 5 years ago

Those hinge nuts are in there really tight, but they -can- be removed. I had to hammer them out to do my radcal job.

#7533 5 years ago

Took these before I put the flipper bats on

pirates 1 (resized).jpgpirates 1 (resized).jpgpirates 2 (resized).jpgpirates 2 (resized).jpgpirates 3 (resized).jpgpirates 3 (resized).jpg
#7534 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

No, the precut hole isn't large enough - nor is its location on the pinblade absolutely perfect.

I suppose you could leave the hinge nut in place and cut around it once you have the pinblade on, but it might be somewhat tricky to get a perfect cut. Since the hinge nut has a flange, I felt it would look better to remove it, install the pinblade, trim the precut hole on it as needed to perfectly align with the cabinet hole, and then reinstall the hinge nut so that its flange covered the pinblade's cut hole perimeter.

As has been stated, the hinge nuts take a bit of work (hammering) to get out and back in again, but the final look is nice.

#7535 5 years ago

No, the precut hole isn't large enough - nor is its location on the pinblade absolutely perfect.
I suppose you could leave the hinge nut in place and cut around it once you have the pinblade on, but it might be a somewhat tricky to get a perfect cut. Since the hinge nut has a flange, I felt it would look better to remove it, install the pinblade, trim the precut hole on it as needed to perfectly align with the cabinet hole, and then reinstall the hinge nut so that its flange covered the pinblade's cut hole perimeter.
As has been stated, the hinge nuts take a bit of work (hammering) to get out and back in again, but the final look is nice.

Did you have to remove the playfield to install the pinblades?

#7536 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Did you have to remove the playfield to install the pinblades?

No, but the space between it and the cabinet is minimal so that's why I highly recommend using the wet method.

#7537 5 years ago

No, but the space between it and the cabinet is minimal so that's why I highly recommend using the wet method.

Indeed, wet method all the way. There are Pingraffix install videos that work the same way.

#7538 5 years ago

My friend and I were fortunate enough to attend the big reveal this weekend! Saw a couple of familiar Pinsiders, chatted with LTG for a few minutes, met the one and only Pat Lawlor, and also ran into this fine gent! Such a fun highlight of our trip was getting a chance to speak with Eric Hogbog and have some time to lather him with praise, hear some charming stories, and most of all have the opportunity to meet one of the very fine crew behind the vision of the game we all truly love!

I really can't wait til his next design, and I've got to say he's such a humble, bright, and talented person. Meeting him, and so many fine folks, really made our hike back and forth across the plains so very worth it! Thanks again to Eric and all of the JJP crew!

ARRRRRRRRRR indeed!

image000000_06 (resized).jpgimage000000_06 (resized).jpg

#7539 5 years ago

How hard is it to take the head off the machine? If it isn't terrible I may remove it before dragging it down my stairs with a couple angled turns.

Thanks

#7540 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

How hard is it to take the head off the machine?

Harder than WOZ or Hobbit. Boards in the head.

LTG : )

#7541 5 years ago

Harder than a typical 90s machine or about the same?

#7542 5 years ago

Less wires than a 90s machine.

#7543 5 years ago

So decided to look into my inconsistent plunger issue today. Tried to determan what the difference was between the good plunges and the bad ones. Good ones auto plunger didn’t move bad ones it did. But why was it 50/50? Upon closer inspection the play left and right on the auto plunger mech was causing the issue. If the mech was towards the right the you would hit auto plunger and the ball was roughly 2mm farther up the shooter lane. If I moved mech towards the left plunger would not hit the auto and ball was 2mm closer to shooter tip. I added 2 1/4” nylon washers to get rid of that play and keep mech to the left position. On diagram washers go between green and purple. Black arrrows all point to the same spot. Prolly 200 plus plunges since fix with only 1 bad plunge (assuming ball was still moving when I tried to plunge that one)
76413DDD-4EC9-47CB-9848-86B574379E40 (resized).png76413DDD-4EC9-47CB-9848-86B574379E40 (resized).png

#7544 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

So decided to look into my inconsistent plunger issue today. Tried to determan what the difference was between the good plunges and the bad ones. Good ones auto plunger didn’t move bad ones it did. But why was it 50/50? Upon closer inspection the play left and right on the auto plunger mech was causing the issue. If the mech was towards the right the you would hit auto plunger and the ball was roughly 2mm farther up the shooter lane. If I moved mech towards the left plunger would not hit the auto and ball was 2mm closer to shooter tip. I added 2 1/4” nylon washers to get rid of that play and keep mech to the left position. On diagram washers go between green and purple. Black arrrows all point to the same spot. Prolly 200 plus plunges since fix with only 1 bad plunge (assuming ball was still moving when I tried to plunge that one)
[quoted image]

Stick that over in the tech thread and I'll link it to the index.

#7545 5 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Harder than a typical 90s machine or about the same?

I believe POTC will be similar to Dialed In, so I would say that removing the backbox will be quite similar to a WPC95-machine, but maybe a bit less work Definetely doable and I will do the same for my POTC to get it downstairs.

#7546 5 years ago

So, now my POTC is dialed in, I just have one outstanding issue. During multi balls one ball remains in the depth subway and only kicks out after ball search. This is great for scoring, but curious. The vuk behaves totally normal during one ball play and on inspection all is well with the subway and the opto. There is a second opto just back a bit from the depths vuk, not sure what role that plays if any in the logic. Could this happen if 2 balls arrive simultaneously backed up in the subway? Anyone got any idea why it may then forget or fail to kick out the ball?

#7547 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

So, now my POTC is dialed in, I just have one outstanding issue. During multi balls one ball remains in the depth subway and only kicks out after ball search. This is great for scoring, but curious. The vuk behaves totally normal during one ball play and on inspection all is well with the subway and the opto. There is a second opto just back a bit from the depths vuk, not sure what role that plays if any in the logic. Could this happen if 2 balls arrive simultaneously backed up in the subway? Anyone got any idea why it may then forget or fail to kick out the ball?

Search the thread for Ace Hardware, there is a “subway post” fix.

#7548 5 years ago

Played Wonka, ain't got nothing on the layout of pirates. Looks like the end of April delivery got pushed to May now.

#7549 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Played Wonka, ain't got nothing on the layout of pirates. Looks like the end of April delivery got pushed to May now.

Really fun game agreed but not pirates personally on any level. As I said before Eric and team Really raised the bar with this game and I suspect few if any will ever match the full package of this game. I did order a WW Le though as it plays fun similar to DI with a better theme. As for delivery, not sure they moved anything back as they said from day 1 unveil expect 60-90 days till ship. I suspect unlike Pirates they will stay on track this time.

#7550 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'm concerned about that. Pirates isn't going anywhere so I'm still in for Wonka CE, but I'll be sad if I am over it in a couple weeks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 38.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/151 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.