(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 378.
#701 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Luck of the draw, I didn’t have any problems with Potc

Just setup a second game.

Needed the link on right flipper tightened, and a few adjustments in the settings.
15min later playing great.

#702 5 years ago

Anyone use the pinguy app to level this machine in particular?

#703 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Activated by what sounds? Pinball machines make a lot of noise.

Ummm let me think ill get back with you

#704 5 years ago

Eric your machine is amazing! Bravo! I can’t wait to get mine. I’m comfortable now that I can tweak it with help from Pinsiders and get it running smooth. It is a very complex machine so it’s understandable there are a few more glitches than some other pins. Sounds like most are easy fixes if you know what you are doing.

Playing the machine sold me though, even though I had a few issues. The bigggest thing for me was when the disc was changed, but I like it now.

#705 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone use the pinguy app to level this machine in particular?

Yes. And same as leveling any other game.

#706 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I understand that. My machine is level and playing perfect.

Using pin app and machine set to JJP spec is 7.6 pitch. You all just rolling with it that steep or bringing it closer to the more common 6.5?

#707 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:I understand that. My machine is level and playing perfect.
Using pin app and machine set to JJP spec is 7.6 pitch. You all just rolling with it that steep or bringing it closer to the more common 6.5?

If its playing well than id say leave it. Most of my pins are 7.3 -7.5 as thats the speed i like and they play well there imo.

#708 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If its playing well than id say leave it. Most of my pins are 7.3 -7.5 as thats the speed i like and they play well there imo.

Thanks for the input!

#709 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thanks for the input!

Also i use the app your using...

#710 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Just setup a second game.
Needed the link on right flipper tightened, and a few adjustments in the settings.
15min later playing great.

Spoke too soon..
Three switches aren’t working.

How do you lift the mpf?

20F17F62-565C-4420-A40F-366BBFA90B26 (resized).jpeg20F17F62-565C-4420-A40F-366BBFA90B26 (resized).jpeg
#711 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Three switches aren’t working.

Play a bunch of games, they may go away.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

How do you lift the mpf?

Back of playfield pull the clip off and slide flat metal thing that hooks motor to rocking playfield. Remove the long allen head set screw. Slide ship playfield back and it lifts up. Probably enough for standard maintenance. To fully remove it, unhook connectors below the playfield, mark the opto ones where they plug onto the board.

LTG : )

#712 5 years ago

Ha found the bastard

6521D1D1-4CB2-4C63-90EF-9D4A82BAC7C4 (resized).jpeg6521D1D1-4CB2-4C63-90EF-9D4A82BAC7C4 (resized).jpeg
#713 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Ha found the bastard[quoted image]

Seen a few people post about some broken wires in that area. Hopefully something gets changed on the line so this dont happen

#714 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Seen a few people post about some broken wires in that area. Hopefully something gets changed on the line so this dont happen

I had a broken wire right at the switch tab in the same place and it appears the wire ties may be pulling the wire bundle a little too tight.

#715 5 years ago

It arrived and we got it setup. The monitor HDMI came unplugged but that was a quick fix. Having trouble with the chest release not firing. As mentioned before it doesn't seem to be close enough to catch. If I wiggle it it won't rest back all of the way and fires once, but then it settles too far and won't work again. Beyond that the ball got stuck once on the diverted rolling back down the front of the ship, but I suspect that might be a leveling issue.

If anyone can explain the adjustment to get that guy closer it would be helpful. I can see how it works but I wasn't feeling energetic enough to experiment tonight after making sure nothing was just binding it up.

After a long night of beer, politics on TV, and moving heavy pinball machines I think they are problems for tomorrow. Excited to get this thing all dialed in and playing smooth.

#716 5 years ago

threw some blades on!

517267D6-239A-4467-9692-CD9755D86295 (resized).jpeg517267D6-239A-4467-9692-CD9755D86295 (resized).jpeg5E3650C1-FD41-4FB9-A498-1D95255B7FBE (resized).jpeg5E3650C1-FD41-4FB9-A498-1D95255B7FBE (resized).jpeg
#717 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

threw some blades on!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those look pretty good, where are they from? Tilt?

#718 5 years ago

Approximately where are your back legs set to put the game where JJP recommends? My game currently has the front legs all the way down and back ALLLLLL the way up so that no bolt is showing. Is the proper height approx 3/4 down? 1/2 down? 1/3 down? etc. would love to see a photo of the games back leg bolts set up at the correct height according to JJP where the bubble just touches the second line. mine is currently halfway past the 4th line or so. heh. Game plays very fast.

#719 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Ha found the bastard

Yep, I had the same. So did another gent but I think his was on the back leg of switch stack. I'm sure LTG will let them know. Does seem that the wiring harness there is a little tight.

#720 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Approximately where are your back legs set to put the game where JJP recommends? My game currently has the front legs all the way down and back ALLLLLL the way up so that no bolt is showing. Is the proper height approx 3/4 down? 1/2 down? 1/3 down? etc. would love to see a photo of the games back leg bolts set up at the correct height according to JJP where the bubble just touches the second line. mine is currently halfway past the 4th line or so. heh. Game plays very fast.

The new JJP games (Dialed In and newer) are designed so the game sits at 6.5 degrees with the leg levelers all the way in on all four legs (so, flat to the ground). This is what the game is intended to be at. You can adjust from there for level and to your preference, but if you crank the back legs up it's going to be way too steep.

#721 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I understand that. My machine is level and playing perfect.

What app are you using? I was using pinball leveler but found that it was way off.

#722 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What app are you using? I was using pinball leveler but found that it was way off.

Pinguy app is the title.

It’s been accurate with the Stern bubble level for pitch. I cross check with a level for side to side.

#723 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

The new JJP games (Dialed In and newer) are designed so the game sits at 6.5 degrees with the leg levelers all the way in on all four legs (so, flat to the ground). This is what the game is intended to be at. You can adjust from there for level and to your preference, but if you crank the back legs up it's going to be way too steep.

This is what I was talking about in my earlier question.

If you level putting the top of bubble touching second line on the shooter lane bubble level(JJp spec) I’m getting a reading of 7.6. It’s steep and fast!

Did you bring yours all the way back in to 6.5?

Really interesting that you say all their new games are intended to be 6.5 but their manuals have it much steeper.

Can any of the JJP guys chime in?

#724 5 years ago

Just got my game yesterday. The only thing not working is the ship. First 2 games it rocked fine then in the middle of the third game it stopped and won't rock anymore. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

#725 5 years ago

It may be way too steep, but it plays like a freaking standard body dream at that height. I have had no actual game issues at this tilt. I was just curious what the standard "bubble right at 2nd line" height was.

#726 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This is what I was talking about in my earlier question.
If you level putting the top of bubble touching second line on the shooter lane bubble level(JJp spec) I’m getting a reading of 7.6. It’s steep and fast!
Did you bring yours all the way back in to 6.5?
Really interesting that you say all their new games are intended to be 6.5 but their manuals have it much steeper.
Can any of the JJP guys chime in?

Not trying to be insulting but you are using the app with the glass off to measure the angle, right?

#727 5 years ago

It may be way too steep, but it plays like a freaking standard body dream at that height. I have had no actual game issues at this tilt. I was just curious what the standard "bubble right at 2nd line" height was.

Surprised you aren't having issues hitting the ramps with it that steep, seems like the ramp up to the ship would be really tough with it cranked up that high!

#728 5 years ago

Surprised you aren't having issues hitting the ramps with it that steep, seems like the ramp up to the ship would be really tough with it cranked up that high!

Haven’t been having any issues oddly enough. I moved the left flipper up 1 and right flipper up 2 from current code standard. But from what I have read on here. It seems most people are moving the right flipper up even at regular leg height.

#729 5 years ago
Quoted from Fordgt44:

it stopped and won't rock anymore

Be patient, LTG needs to have his coffee!
Check the solenoid and make sure wires are connected. Check in test see if it rocks when activated.

#730 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Not trying to be insulting but you are using the app with the glass off to measure the angle, right?

Calibrated to a level surface first, glass off, app selected to PF and device then set on PF. Top tip of bubble on second line reads 7.6 via the app.

#731 5 years ago

This is exactly why I tweaked mine down to 6.8. Ramps were very inconsistent.

I originally posed the question because there were many here complaining about flipper strength and increasing their power.

It then donned on me that using the bubble sets this game up very steep.

#732 5 years ago

Haven’t been having any issues oddly enough. I moved the left flipper up 1 and right flipper up 2 from current code standard. But from what I have read on here. It seems most people are moving the right flipper up even at regular leg height.

Haven’t had to boost my flippers at all.

Hopefully Eric or Keith chime in on this.

#733 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I don’t think it looks normal, my 9 year old pointed it out to me. I went back and watched some video from JJP and don’t see the same issue.
I’m waiting to hear back from Frank@JJP, he requested some photos of what I was seeing.
Here are a few more for everyone’s viewing pleasure. Don’t look normal to me![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I too have two lanterns on the left side of the ship that are barely glowing. I hope there is an easy fix!

#734 5 years ago
Quoted from kingkong16:

I too have two lanterns on the left side of the ship that are barely glowing. I hope there is an easy fix!

Well, my distributor didn’t like the way it looked and I believe he escalated the issue last week. I did get a ticket response last week but still waiting to hear back.

I’ll keep you posted.

#735 5 years ago

I started with WOZ, which I guess wasn’t at 6.5 when the legs were all flat and so since then I have put my dialed in, and now potc with front legs all the way down and backs all the way up. Boosting the left flipper up 1 and right up 2 on potc makes the ramps very makeable on potc. On woz, I only needed to adjust the upper left flipper up 2 to make it into the castle doors. It doesn’t cause any of games issues to do this. I don’t think that this minor adjustment is a negative compared to the huge positive of how fast and smooth it plays at this level of tilt imo. I recommend it to all of you. just a small FYI, and something that some of you may wanna try out, or not.

Pinside user Skyemont can attest to have fast and smooth it plays like this. I believe everyone enjoyed playing it. Definitely does not feel like a typical slow widebody.

#736 5 years ago
Quoted from kingkong16:

I have one as well, I'm thinking not just a loose led...but maybe the way its driven power issue? waiting to hear what they tell you..

#737 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I have one as well, I'm thinking not just a loose led...but maybe the way its driven power issue? waiting to hear what they tell you..

I hope fix is an easy adjustment. I have 1 lamp that is not like the others.

#738 5 years ago
Quoted from tonycip:

I hope fix is an easy adjustment. I have 1 lamp that is not like the others.

Im hoping to hear back from Distributor today.

His distributor game doesn’t have this issue nor does the one I’ve seen on location.

#739 5 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Having trouble with the chest release not firing. As mentioned before it doesn't seem to be close enough to catch.

Has the relay come loose from the chest ?

Quoted from Fordgt44:

The only thing not working is the ship. First 2 games it rocked fine then in the middle of the third game it stopped and won't rock anymore. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

See picture, be sure the two screws didn't fall out of the bracket. Did you remove the styrofoam block back there ? Make sure a connector didn't pop off of the I/O board in the head.

LTG : )

potcship (resized).jpegpotcship (resized).jpeg
#740 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

We really need powered self adjusting leg levelers that you can adjust from an app.
So we can bitch about trying to fix the darn things! LOL never mind!

#741 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

We really need powered self adjusting leg levelers that you can adjust from an app.
So we can bitch about trying to fix the darn things! LOL never mind!

Self adjusting leg levelers that use a phone app that you place on the PF, which you could then set to any degree angle WOULD BE A FANTASTIC INVENTION.

#742 5 years ago

I took KevInBuffalo advice and bought a digital level. You need an extra person but once PoTC was level and at a 6.5 angle, it plays so smooth.

#743 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I took kevinbuffalo advice and bought a digital level. You need an extra person but once PoTC was level and at a 6.5 angle, it plays so smooth.

Plays really smooth at 9+ as well lol. It will play that way again once I fix the stupid flipper. Grrr flipper binding!

#744 5 years ago

I started with WOZ, which I guess wasn’t at 6.5 when the legs were all flat and so since then I have put my dialed in, and now potc with front legs all the way down and backs all the way up. Boosting the left flipper up 1 and right up 2 on potc makes the ramps very makeable on potc. On woz, I only needed to adjust the upper left flipper up 2 to make it into the castle doors. It doesn’t cause any of games issues to do this. I don’t think that this minor adjustment is a negative compared to the huge positive of how fast and smooth it plays at this level of tilt imo. I recommend it to all of you. just a small FYI, and something that some of you may wanna try out, or not.
Pinside user Skyemont can attest to have fast and smooth it plays like this. I believe everyone enjoyed playing it. Definitely does not feel like a typical slow widebody.

Hi, im Skyemont.. Yes, even w/ the leg levels all the way up in the back the game played very well. Hit the ramp shots w/ no problem. We even lost the ball several times due to speed and trying to collect gold.

#745 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Hi, im Skyemont.. Yes, even w/ the leg levels all the way up in the back the game played very well. Hit the ramp shots w/ no problem. We even lost the ball several times due to speed and trying to collect gold.

The darned gold collecting helped up drain on MORE than one occasion! lol.

#746 5 years ago

That's because we were getting greedy mate.... Arrrrrrrrrrr

#747 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Pinguy app is the title.
It’s been accurate with the Stern bubble level for pitch. I cross check with a level for side to side.

I'm thinking PinGuy is an ios app. I can only find Pinball Leveler on Android.

#748 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm thinking PinGuy is an ios app. I can only find Pinball Leveler on Android.

I have it on my iPhone. Not familiar with the android app.

#749 5 years ago

Tell me about it that was my biggest issue when I played the machine the first time!

#750 5 years ago

My ship stopped rocking this evening.
Only been playing for 4 days. Guess I’ll have a repair project for the weekend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.