(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 378.
#651 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Unhook the clip holding the arm that rocks it. Remove the long allen head screw back there. Whole playfield slides back and up and out. You can lean it enough to work on it, or unhook connectors below the playfield to remove from the game. Mark opto connectors to which spots they go in.
LTG : )

Thanks lloyd. I wasn't sure about that long Allen. Fixed and back on the high seas arrgg

#652 5 years ago

Just got mine unboxed and setup and I am having a problem plunging the ball. The washer on the plunger keeps hitting the autofire plunger piece and the ball barley goes up the ramp on the plunge. Any suggestions or any fixes for it?

20181105_154214 (resized).jpg20181105_154214 (resized).jpg20181105_154844 (resized).jpg20181105_154844 (resized).jpg
#653 5 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

Any suggestions or any fixes for it?

Looks like left side of auto plunger needs to go more to the left so the ball sits closer to the plunger.

#654 5 years ago

Ok my LE gets here on Wednesday, is there a list of problems people have been getting out of the box and the fixes? I’ve seen a lot on the various pages but it’s hard to search for everything.

#655 5 years ago

A friend just got his. Left flipper makes a clink, clink noise. In test mode, it does not make that sound. Just during game play? Any thoughts?

#656 5 years ago

Is it hitting something under the pf? Which left flipper?

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

y, is there a list of problems people have been getting out of the box a

Make sure to look in holes for legs and check for ground braid. Also be sure and check wiring harness is secured properly so as not to catch on anything.

#658 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Is it hitting something under the pf? Which left flipper?

Bottom left flipper. Its not hiting anything. Sounds like a software issue.

#659 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks like left side of auto plunger needs to go more to the left so the ball sits closer to the plunger.

The plunger washer still hits the auto fire when I plunge.

#660 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

it is included in every game. it is even available for those that have not purchased a game. Page 25 of the downloadable manual.[quoted image]

Wow! The game looks epic. It's nice to see the game's skeleton at a glance.

#661 5 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

Just got mine unboxed and setup and I am having a problem plunging the ball. The washer on the plunger keeps hitting the autofire plunger piece and the ball barley goes up the ramp on the plunge. Any suggestions or any fixes for it?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'd start by getting the bubble in the level correctly. Then look and see if the auto plunger can be adjusted back some. Can you post an updated picture of adjusted plunger at this point?

#662 5 years ago

Speaking of leveling. You all using the level or the app? When using the bubble on mine the app tells me it’s at 7.6 and seems really steep.

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:I'd start by getting the bubble in the level correctly. Then look and see if the auto plunger can be adjusted back some. Can you post an updated picture of adjusted plunger at this point?

Here is an updated pick. The washer still hits the auto plunger and hit it forward

20181105_175356 (resized).jpg20181105_175356 (resized).jpg
#664 5 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

Here is an updated pick. The washer still hits the auto plunger and hit it forward

If it's hitting on one side, move your plunger housing over a little, three screws hold it to the cabinet inside , loosen and move and retighten.

#665 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it's hitting on one side, move your plunger housing over a little, three screws hold it to the cabinet inside , loosen and move and retighten.

It's hitting the top. Sorry I should've added that in the first post

#666 5 years ago
Quoted from twista22:

It's hitting the top.

Try lowering the shooter housing.

#667 5 years ago

I am so dumb. I don't know how I didn't do that right away. Thank you for the help and now it plays like a champ. I love it

#668 5 years ago

Anyone have a issue with the topper not lighting up?

#669 5 years ago

Check in settings?

#670 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Speaking of leveling. You all using the level or the app? When using the bubble on mine the app tells me it’s at 7.6 and seems really steep.

Instructions say to put top of bubble on second from bottom line.

#671 5 years ago

Ok my LE gets here on Wednesday, is there a list of problems people have been getting out of the box and the fixes? I’ve seen a lot on the various pages but it’s hard to search for everything.

Before attempting to put legs on, makes sure ALL 8 leg bolts will go in!

Play a few games and then check the switch matrix for any potential issues.

Post any issues here. Great group of people who helped me out a lot. LTG is awesome!

Oh... Enjoy the game!

#672 5 years ago

Sorry if my question has already been asked and answered but I would like to know if the LE I ordered will come with the same type of great printed and bound manual that my WOZRR & THBA came with. If not, will JJP be sending it out at a later date and I will just need to use the download version in the interim? Thanks.

#673 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I would like to know if the LE I ordered will come with the same type of great printed and bound manual that my WOZRR & THBA came with.

The compare list doesn't say anything about a printed manual for any model.

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/potc/POTC-Matrix-New.pdf

Download the one on the website, and check for updates to it.

#674 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

Instructions say to put top of bubble on second from bottom line.

That’s where I started but it’s crazy
Steep there. Used the PinGuy app and at second line was 7.6.

Using the app I got it to 6.8 which is much closer most of my other games.

Could this be why so many are saying the flippers are weak? 7.6 sure would make it hard to hit the ramps consistently.

#675 5 years ago

Hello,
I got my potcle tonight. I have 4 different issues and a question. 1. When engaging left flipper in a game (upper or lower) it makes a clang or metal on metal sound compared to when the right flipper is used (which sounds like a normal flipper in any other pinball game. 2. My topper does not light up. Traced the wires back and it’s plugged in and reseated. Still nothing. 3. Sometimes release for the balls in the chest. It will leave 1 ball in and then not be able to find it even with ball search. The chest ball release is not always releasing it, even in testing, but the mech seems all put together fine. 4. After 10 games of 3 players, my left flipper on the ship will not move. It is stuck in the resting or down position.

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated. Last, a question. Where are the back legs suppose to be according to JJP? I have fronts all the way down and now backs all the way up. (Steepest)

#676 5 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

2. My topper does not light up. Traced the wires back and it’s plugged in and reseated. Still nothing.

Power at the connector ?

3. Sometimes release for the balls in the chest. It will leave 1 ball in and then not be able to find it even with ball search. The chest ball release is not always releasing it, even in testing, but the mech seems all put together fine.

Try increasing or decreasing time in settings.

. 1. When engaging left flipper in a game (upper or lower) it makes a clang or metal on metal sound

4. After 10 games of 3 players, my left flipper on the ship will not move. It is stuck in the resting or down position.

Please inspect for anything loose, broken, or missing on flipper mechs.

#677 5 years ago

2. My topper does not light up. Traced the wires back and it’s plugged in and reseated. Still nothing.

Do you have a volt meter to check voltage? If you have voltage at the source, my guess would be the crimp on the LED strip. See photo.

60CFC4D1-DE95-4692-8E21-7D80A80F505A (resized).jpeg60CFC4D1-DE95-4692-8E21-7D80A80F505A (resized).jpeg
#678 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thanks. Sure hope that they decide to offer a print version eventually. Their manuals really set JJP apart from the other pin manufacturers. Heck, I 'd even be willing to buy one if need be but I hope 9500 is more than enough to merit inclusion of one.

#679 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Thanks. Sure hope that they decide to offer a print version eventually. Their manuals really set JJP apart from the other pin manufacturers. Heck, I 'd even be willing to buy one if need be but I hope 9500 is more than enough to merit inclusion of one.

I put everything for a single pin in a 3 ring binder. So printing works for me. I’d rather they not include a manual and change the price to $9,400. Lol

#680 5 years ago

Honestly I would just take the time and go back a few pages and re-read. Hopefully you won't encounter any problems but if you do the last couple pages should give you a good idea of what to look for upon play testing. We'll be here to help at any rate... or at least Lloyd will be

#681 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Yeah it's pretty rare the game just keeps the playfield still, so it's not a huge issue. The main reason it differs is because home is defined as the transition from one side to the other, so coast is a factor (and probably more coast moving left side down).

Of course, makes sense. Thanks.

Just realized the best way to calibrate the field is probably to set it full left, record the angle, set it full right, record the angle, take the total angle traveled, divide it by two and then set the playfield at full left/right to that value.

#682 5 years ago

Hello,
4. After 10 games of 3 players, my left flipper on the ship will not move. It is stuck in the resting or down position.
Any help with these would be greatly appreciated. Last, a question. Where are the back legs suppose to be according to JJP? I have fronts all the way down and now backs all the way up. (Steepest)

On my game, the left flipper on the ship would bind up, too. Flipper bat was installed too tight with no play between the flipper crank and bushing so I loosened it up and adjusted the flipper bat so it had some up/down play in it.

#683 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Printed manual for the Collector's Edition

#684 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

All pins need tweaking out of the box from my experience..... especially pins with so much on the playfield like jjp makes.

Not like this game. I've bought all three JJP games NIB and never had problems like people are seeing on POTC

#685 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Not like this game. I've bought all three JJP games NIB and never had problems like people are seeing on POTC

Luck of the draw, I didn’t have any problems with Potc

#686 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

It is starting to seem like they rushed them out the door a bit, yes? Understandable, given the delays, but maybe just a bit too much "rush".

#687 5 years ago

Hello everyone where can i find the tortuga vuk coil strengte in the coil menu?

#688 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikey1983:

Hello everyone where can i find the tortuga vuk coil strengte in the coil menu?

If it has one, Settings - Coils.

#689 5 years ago

which one ??

2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPGKnipsel (resized).JPGKnipsel (resized).JPG
#690 5 years ago
Quoted from JWJr:

It is starting to seem like they rushed them out the door a bit, yes? Understandable, given the delays, but maybe just a bit too much "rush".

(This is more of a general post, not directed at just you)

It seems like they can't win. Having decided to bring us along for the full ride of this title, since reveal (last October), they have had their ups and downs. Constant pressure to show more, add more, fix the tri-disc and chest, all along fielding the barrage of 'when are you shipping already!?', oh you're FINALLY shipping but there are issues? Well I'll just hold on to my 'check' then until you can ship perfection. GAWD, No wonder Jack is tight lipped about the next title!

These are hand built, hand adjusted and then palleted and shipped across the country/world. Many/most/all(?) of the QC issues will be resolved but these are early days. The WOZ LED issue was a serious problem, these are largely small issues that require adjustment and yes there is a shot ton of tech/mech under that glass.

For those who don't want to tweak, I think you should steer clear of pinball ownership or make sure that you have access to a local tech. We keep asking JJP to up the 'world under glass' experience. Here we are and I expect that there are great times ahead. Rest easy knowing that there is a great and very active community behind this hobby.

Imagine if this was at any other time in the past, prior to the InterWeb? Good luck figuring this stuff out! Operators and techs only... That would result in much simpler home entertainment. It's actually the reason why I had console gaming for my kids, no PC gaming. Too much to keep up with and wasn't worth hearing them complain when there were issues or to worry about the costs to upgrade endlessly.

"Hey, it´s only pinball!"

#691 5 years ago

I've put in some games on mine and I must say it is absolutely amazing and I am having a ton of fun playing it. Now it's time to start looking at mirror blades and a few mods here and there.

#692 5 years ago

I think as they continue to make more they will get better and work out all the tweaks that need done to the game; but I can see why people might be upset at 9500$; they expect excellence; but one things for sure people are loving the game and it is JJP’s best game yet

#693 5 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I just talked to Jen at JJ. They are going to build all the CE’s next and then go back to LE and SE production. My original estimate was my LE would ship in December. Now she tells me probably February. They are still shipping first month orders now.

When did you order? Just to get an idea for mine

#694 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Luck of the draw, I didn’t have any problems with Potc

Same here. I feel for the people with issues, but mine worked 100% right out of the box. Absolutely incredible pin!

#695 5 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

On my game, the left flipper on the ship would bind up, too. Flipper bat was installed too tight with no play between the flipper crank and bushing so I loosened it up and adjusted the flipper bat so it had some up/down play in it.

Did you have to remove the upper playfield to do this? If so, all the way? Or just the pin?

#696 5 years ago

Did you have to remove the upper playfield to do this? If so, all the way? Or just the pin?

It is designed so you can adjust those without removing the playfield.

#697 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

I put everything for a single pin in a 3 ring binder. So printing works for me. I’d rather they not include a manual and change the price to $9,400. Lol

I spoke to Jenn today. She says that printed manuals for the LE and SE's are not available yet but they are underway and will offered for purchase by those who want one within the next couple of months. Just FYI.

#698 5 years ago

Hello pirates i was thinking on making a sound activated topper for JJ pirates any interest ?

#699 5 years ago

No idea of name, one of the six vertical up kickers. Go into Tests - Coils and fire each one and figure out the one you want.

#700 5 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Hello pirates i was thinking on making a sound activated topper for JJ pirates any interest ?

Activated by what sounds? Pinball machines make a lot of noise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/14?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.