(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 378.
#7351 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Just funny when you see 70 new posts in a day you think something major happening.

It is really hard work keeping up on this thread

#7353 5 years ago

Edit: misread

#7354 5 years ago

I can not stress this enough! Anyone who owns this pin need's to go to the JJP site and go to support, downloads, and look at the manual. There is a lot of info in it and will help you to familiarize yourself to the inner workings. They did a great job with this manual!!!

#7355 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I can not stress this enough! Anyone who owns this pin need's to go to the JJP site and go to support, downloads, and look at the manual. There is a lot of info in it and will help you to familiarize yourself to the inner workings. They did a great job with this manual!!!

It's also in your coin box on a CD, and it's even embedded into the game service menus.

And I agree, it is an excellent piece of work and has been useful to me more than once.

#7356 5 years ago

The Dauntless

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7357 5 years ago

Since we are back to discussing gameplay, I asked this a while back and don’t recall ever figuring it out.

Is there a counter that shows ships sunk, is scoring for each ship progressive and if you manage to sink one during black pearl mb(very difficult) is this a jackpot of some sorts? I accomplished this but due to the main mb’s Jackpot animations being displayed, sinking of the ship at this time was a non event from what I could tell. Think I sunk 5 or 6 ships during this particular game.

Just curious if anyone else has done this?

#7358 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Since we are back to discussing gameplay, I asked this a while back and don’t recall ever figuring it out.
Is there a counter that shows ships sunk, is scoring for each ship progressive and if you manage to sink one during black pearl mb(very difficult) is this a jackpot of some sorts? I accomplished this but due to the main mb’s Jackpot animations being displayed, sinking of the ship at this time was a non event from what I could tell. Think I sunk 5 or 6 ships during this particular game.
Just curious if anyone else has done this?

No counter that I know of, but yes it is a jackpot when sunk during multiball.

#7359 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No counter that I know of, but yes it is a jackpot when sunk during multiball.

I thought it was a jackpot, it’s hard to pull off without draining multiple balls. I’m hoping for some additional fanfare for this. You don’t even get the normal animation when sinking a ship, really a non event for how damn difficult it is to execute.

#7360 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I thought it was a jackpot, it’s hard to pull off without draining multiple balls. I’m hoping for some additional fanfare for this. You don’t even get the normal animation when sinking a ship, really a non event for how damn difficult it is to execute.

That shot alone should be worth a million points. It needs a really cool animation and callout when you make that during multiball!!!!!!!!!

#7361 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Agree! Hopefully this is added. If theres anything I would like to see added to the code at this point its polish in terms of more sounds, callouts, video clips, fan fare, additional choreography, etc.

The ship is the main toy in the game and it would be cool if there was some type of level system to it in terms of sinking multiple ships.

It's been about 4 months since the last update so hoping the 1.x one is a big one

#7362 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

That shot alone should be worth a million points. It needs a really cool animation and callout when you make that during multiball!!!!!!!!!

Yeah- first time I had a chance at this I think my blinders came on and drained 3-4 balls at once...lol

Seemed like a satisfying accomplishment with little reward.

#7363 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agree! Hopefully this is added. If theres anything I would like to see added to the code at this point its polish in terms of more sounds, callouts, video clips, fan fare, additional choreography, etc.

Agreed. My biggest complaint about the callouts is when a chapter is completed - no callout or visual, it's like a non-event.

And while on the subject of the chapters, that code could use improvement (imo). As it stands, they seem to be nothing more than a time-suck on the way to wizard modes. I'm not saying it's not fun to shoot for all the characters, but they seem undervalued score wise. And you don't even need to complete them! It would have been so much more challenging and satisfying getting to a mini-wizard if you had to complete the 5 chapters (redoing any you missed).

#7364 5 years ago

I got most of the game figured out by now.... But what are skulls, their values and their bonuses?

#7365 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

I got most of the game figured out by now.... But what are skulls, their values and their bonuses?

Skull indicates you've qualified that movie/chapter. Each movie has a playfield shot. The chapter is selected randomly.

#7366 5 years ago

Ya BP multiball jackpot can be a b!@#$. If I get to multiball I try to plunge a skillshot to pearl before autolauncher gets it. let ball in depths drain and ball save. Then I try to get at least one of the balls in the hole. From there if I can get a good cradle ill try to send a ball up there and use only 1 flipper. Gotta time the rocking though to pull it off.

#7367 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Skulls let you know you have qualified a chapter. Every shot associated with a skull you hit before starting chapter will add value to the skull. When you start a chapter the shots will award you whatever your skull value was. So if your skull value on dead mans chest is 2k and the chapter has 5 shots each of those 5 shots is worth 2k points. Probably a legitimate strategy somewhere to build that value high then do chapters.

#7368 5 years ago

So..if you hit a chapter qualifying shot several times, when you start that chapter, it is worth more points? I usually just hit the chapter qualifier then start it right away.

#7369 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

So..if you hit a chapter qualifying shot several times, when you start that chapter, it is worth more points? I usually just hit the chapter qualifier then start it right away.

yes, watch the counter under the chapter think it goes up by 250 point each time.if i remember it max's out at 10000 points.

There is a call out when u complete the chapter....collect gold. u get gold for every character u get and a bonus amount of gold when u complete the chapter, based on how much time was left on the counter and difficulty hw many player u needed to collect.

very valuable in points. u get a ton of points if u have youer playfield maxed out and start a multi-balll then start chapters at the same time points crank up then.

#7370 5 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

There is a call out when u complete the chapter....collect gold.

That's true, and it says "Times Up" when you fail. But I still feel it deserves something more.

#7371 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

How is the HMS Dauntless removed from the playfield? Any guides in relation to that?

The whole thing, or just the non-moving top? There aren't currently pictures of that, but there will be. I just need to finish getting everything in...

#7372 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Agreed. My biggest complaint about the callouts is when a chapter is completed - no callout or visual, it's like a non-event.
And while on the subject of the chapters, that code could use improvement (imo). As it stands, they seem to be nothing more than a time-suck on the way to wizard modes. I'm not saying it's not fun to shoot for all the characters, but they seem undervalued score wise. And you don't even need to complete them! It would have been so much more challenging and satisfying getting to a mini-wizard if you had to complete the 5 chapters (redoing any you missed).

He says "chapter complete" when you finish one. It can get drowned out by other sounds.

#7373 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

He says "chapter complete" when you finish one. It can get drowned out by other sounds.

Not sure I've ever heard that - I'll have to listen more carefully.

#7374 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Not sure I've ever heard that - I'll have to listen more carefully.

Yep, I'd like to see a bit more fanfare for completing a chapter and for entering a wizard mode too. They're both pretty good accomplishments that seem to deserve more than just a quick transition.

#7375 5 years ago

As I was stating working on a mod for the playfield which will cover the star map.

Here is a video sample... let me know what you think.

#7376 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

As I was stating working on a mod for the playfield which will cover the star map.

I hate it...

... because it's so good, I want it on the big screen. I know most purists on this thread like the lean mean pinball action that this game delivers, but I miss a bit of the theatrics (that they nailed so very well with Hobbit). Maybe they get annoying after awhile, but so does the chiming of chapter characters lighting up. And everything's skippable anyway.

Will the mod be purely visual? It wouldn't tie in to speakers at all would it? I'm very curious how you'd trigger specific animations.

#7377 5 years ago

**deleted**

#7378 5 years ago

No it's not going to integrate with the game, for that we'd have to have access to the code itself. These could be added to their code, but they don't have the license to do so... neither do we. We're simply making a video mod, that you can hang on the front of the star map, which honestly I hate, think its a waste of breath. So this will cover that... it will be a screen bigger than the one on the Hobbit.

It will just be clips from the films, mixed with CGI FX we create to make it look like JJP did it for the game. That is why we added things like shoot again, etc.

Its going to show clips from all 5 movies. We're not going to sell the video, just the mod itself that allows you to use any video you want. However I guess I could email you a copy of our file. LOL

#7379 5 years ago

What's your favorite character? I choose Pintel a lot. I think spotting multiple Pirate lanes advances the good stuff quicker. Buffalo pinball tutorial gave me a better appreciation for Will Turner with the multipliers.

#7380 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

That looks like it'll be a really cool mod.

#7381 5 years ago

But presumably the Shoot Again animation only makes sense when that's what's happening in the game, right? Or does it just show randomly/on a loop?

#7382 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Wow, that's cool! Looks like it will integrate with gameplay?

#7383 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

That is amazing! Can't wait to get one!!

#7384 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

seriously just take my money.
when is this coming out?

#7385 5 years ago

Well I got to say I'm glad to be in on Pirates last few being built as Wonka definitely not getting me that excited...back to your regular scheduled program "POTC"

#7386 5 years ago

If anyone is at MGC could you please ask Eric for an update on Pirates code?

#7387 5 years ago

Welp..

I was going to try and enjoy some Pirates tonight and fix the right flipper on my BP tomorrow as well as do my first cleaning and waxing.

Well, the left BP flipper has decided that it doesn't want to respond at all. Interestingly, if I manually move the left BP flipper then it actually gets stuck in the up position.

Also, I assume the upper left flipper switch is for both the inner loop as well as the left BP flipper and if true, from a switch perspective, everything is in tact.

Now I gotta figure out EXACTLY how to adjust these flippers. Loosen/tighten w/e.

I'll try to resort to the manual since it's so informative and I'm pretty sure I don't need to remove the BP, but this is a foreign world for me so here we go...

#7388 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Welp..
I was going to try and enjoy some Pirates tonight and fix the right flipper on my BP tomorrow as well as do my first cleaning and waxing.
Well, the left BP flipper has decided that it doesn't want to respond at all. Interestingly, if I manually move the left BP flipper then it actually gets stuck in the up position.
Also, I assume the upper left flipper switch is for both the inner loop as well as the left BP flipper and if true, from a switch perspective, everything is in tact.
Now I gotta figure out EXACTLY how to adjust these flippers. Loosen/tighten w/e.
I'll try to resort to the manual since it's so informative and I'm pretty sure I don't need to remove the BP, but this is a foreign world for me so here we go...

Not sure about the left flipper but when I adjusted the right on my BP I only had to lift the Playfield to service position 3. I didn’t have to remove the BP. Not sure if that will help ya but hope it does.

#7389 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Not sure about the left flipper but when I adjusted the right on my BP I only had to lift the Playfield to service position 3. I didn’t have to remove the BP. Not sure if that will help ya but hope it does.

It definitely helps. So I need to take out the playfield then. I'm guessing I should learn these different positions as well.

=)

#7390 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Well I got to say I'm glad to be in on Pirates last few being built as Wonka definitely not getting me that excited...back to your regular scheduled program "POTC"

I have a similar feeling. I'm glad I am getting a potc LE. after seeing WW, Potc seems a lot more packed to me.

#7391 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

It definitely helps. So I need to take out the playfield then. I'm guessing I should learn these different positions as well.
=)

pull the Playfield out until you can rest it on the its rubber stoppers.

#7392 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

pull the Playfield out until you can rest it on the its rubber stoppers.

Yea, it looks like Service Position 3 is basically pulling the playfield out as much as you can horizontally, but not actually raising it vertically.

#7393 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have a similar feeling. I'm glad I am getting a potc LE after seeing WW. Potc seems a lot more packed to me.

I agree I'm glad I didnt wait to get my pirates after seeing Wonka

#7394 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I agree I'm glad I didnt wait to get my pirates after seeing Wonka

I was watching the WW Buffalo stream and asked Eric how they start Arrrggghhh frenzy in that game but no reply....

#7395 5 years ago

Still don’t understand why they packed it up on pirates. WOnka looks nice but it ain’t no pirates.

#7396 5 years ago

Cost simple as that.

Kaneda was dead wrong about no one taking about pirates after wonka. It's a good game but potc has more going on and more creative imo and this is from sometime who will likely get standard

#7397 5 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Still don’t understand why they packed it up on pirates. WOnka looks nice but it ain’t no pirates.

I think they were beaten down from a year of delays, disc-gate, trunk-gate and the lost orders as a result. The irony is, once it was in the wild and word got around how fantastic jjPotC is, demand was picking up. They cut bait too soon. But if this is what it takes to get us to JJP Guns and Roses on schedule, I'm good.

#7398 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

I was watching the WW Buffalo stream and asked Eric how they start Arrrggghhh frenzy in that game but no reply....

I'm pretty sure it's a PIRATE reward...but of course not immediately available.

#7399 5 years ago

So I probably have a wire issue on the left BP flipper .. =/
I loosened and tightened the nut, but I wouldn't expect a "loose" flipper to have 0 movement.

Also when I lift that left BP flipper up, it's for some reason locking in that up position.

#7400 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

So I probably have a wire issue on the left BP flipper .. =/
I loosened and tightened the nut, but I wouldn't expect a "loose" flipper to have 0 movement.
Also when I lift that left BP flipper up, it's for some reason locking in that up position.

Are you doing this with the power off? If it's sticking up when you lift it manually and the power is off, you have a physical, likely mechanical issue, not an electrical one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/148?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.