(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 378.
#7301 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I use these for all my games. Work great. https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/
You can't use the super shiny or ninja chrome in games that have magnets. It even says that in the description of the ninja chrome balls on the ball baron site.

These should be back in stock by the end of the month according to the distributor.

#7302 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

2) Lubricate spinners

What? Why? Don't put any lubricant in your pinball machine.

#7303 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Agreed, this is not a good idea.

Quoted from joseph5185:

These should be back in stock by the end of the month according to the distributor.

Good to know. I always buy like 51 at a time. :p

Replacing the balls every 500-1000 games is one of the best maintenance items you can do for your machine.

#7304 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It's not spinning lol .. There are threads on this. The tiniest non-visible drop "should" be fine.

#7305 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Agreed, this is not a good idea.

Good to know. I always buy like 51 at a time. :p
Replacing the balls every 500-1000 games is one of the best maintenance items you can do for your machine.

Or every 3-6 months? .. Guess it depends on usage.
Yea, I'll need to stock up as well. Didn't know there was a shortage of pinballs. haha

#7306 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

It's not spinning lol .. There are threads on this. The tiniest non-visible drop "should" be fine.

I wouldn't do it. I'd find out why it is binding and fix that. Maybe it's bent, catching on something etc.

#7307 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I wouldn't do it. I'd find out why it is binding and fix that. Maybe it's bent, catching on something etc.

Sighs. Fair enough. I "thought" this was a common thing. Believe me...I'm not doing anything without EXTREME consideration and caution.

#7308 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm surprised you agree with me when you upvoted his post . This is basically a fix it thread with a sprinkling of gameplay talk through it . It would be easier to start up let's talk about pirates gameplay thread . This is by far the best place to come to try to get problems resolved , some issues may come up over and over but for the person posting it is the first time for them .

Upvoted it because he did raise a good point. Doesn’t irritate me having it all here though. Just funny when you see 70 new posts in a day you think something major happening.

#7309 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Generally no.

But if a spinner is working. I would put a tiny drop of oil on each axle where it enters the frame of the holder. Plastic compatible is best in case it gets anywhere else. Hobby shops have it.

Over time the spinner axles score in the holder and at some point will snap off. A tiny drop of oil seems to make them last forever.

LTG : )

#7310 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Generally no.
But if a spinner is working. I would put a tiny drop of oil on each axle where it enters the frame of the holder. Plastic compatible is best in case it gets anywhere else. Hobby shops have it.
Over time the spinner axles score in the holder and at some point will snap off. A tiny drop of oil seems to make them last forever.

This!

Thank you.

Yes. I got the Super Lube. Just need to apply it. I consulted with someone who knows like 20 machines so it seemed safe enough.

#7311 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I use these for all my games. Work great. https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/
You can't use the super shiny or ninja chrome in games that have magnets. It even says that in the description of the ninja chrome balls on the ball baron site.

It’s not that you can’t use them but just expect magnetism at some point. I change them out every 500 or so games and have yet to see any magnetic issues within this number of games and I have them in all my machines.

They are by far the best looking ball available and quite durable. Still look good after a bunch of games.

#7312 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s not that you can’t use them but just expect magnetism at some point. I change them out every 500 or so games and have yet to see any magnetic issues within this number of games and I have them in all my machines.
They are by far the best looking ball available and quite durable. Still look good after a bunch of games.

How many games does it take for magnetism to occur?

I'm using stock balls from JJP because I didn't really have any other choice since Baron is out atm. I have around 70 plays and not seeing any signs of magnetism whatsoever.

#7313 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

How many games does it take for magnetism to occur?
I'm using stock balls from JJP because I didn't really have any other choice since Baron is out atm. I have around 70 plays and am not seeing any signs of magnetism whatsoever.

It depends on many factors but carbon balls seem to go ~500 games while chrome/ninja balls magnetize in ~50 games.

#7314 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Generally no.

Interesting did not know that!

#7315 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wow! That's quite a few games. The number of balls would easily be in the mid thousands as well.

Interesting...

#7316 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

+1 for the n00b and +1 for the master reaffirming the noob.

Haha

#7317 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve had chrome balls magnetize in a handful of games. Your mileage may vary.

#7318 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I’ve had chrome balls magnetize in a handful of games. Your mileage may vary.

How can the difference be that drastic?

You're saying a handful of games whereas someone who owns damn near a dozen machines claims that in approximately 500 games there are no issues.

Something simply seems amiss with this.

#7319 5 years ago

Oh... I forgot to add to my "To-Do" list...

Trying to squash the audio clipping/static.

Plugged in headphones and it's flawless. Need to figure out how to disconnect this molex connector and test. Hopefully, that's it and then I can work on re-routing.

#7320 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Wow! That's quite a few games. The number of balls would easily be in the mid thousands as well.
Interesting...

Not saying they all last 500 games but they look great and when they magnetize swap them...no big deal.

I buy them in bulk so I always have new ones on hand, really a minor issue.

#7321 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not saying they all last 500 games but they look great and when they magnetize swap them...no big deal.
I buy them in bulk so I always have new ones on hand, really a minor issue.

Really couldn't agree more.

#7322 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

You're saying a handful of games whereas someone who owns damn near a dozen machines claims that in approximately 500 games there are no issues.

Because it’s not an exact science. But posts regarding balls not registering in trough, balls not ejecting from trough to shooter, balls no releasing from chest, etc, - at times are caused by magnetized balls.

#7323 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Maybe he's not starting a lot of chapters. I think the ball bouncing around up by the magnets a lot causes it

#7324 5 years ago

For the plunger issues ... don't know how much this helps ...

Has anyone considered or actually replaced the plunger tip with a Titan plunger tip?

I'm trying to determine how much velocity the ball "should" have off the plunger. When mine works properly, it can easily feed the upper flipper for the skill shot, but it takes a little time -- does that make sense?

Like it's not instant per say when I plunge to the ball getting to that upper flipper ..

So it's just a curiosity thing based on if your plunger is truly "dialed in", what can you expect from a maximum plunge?

Videos would probably help here for comparison.

#7325 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

So I had the craziest pinball shot (it wasn't really a shot, as it came off the Black Pearl) last night, than I have had in 40 plus years of playing pinball. The ball was on the Pearl. The ball was on the left side of the deck and moving fast to the right and the Pearl deck falls right. The ball goes flying off the right side. It happened so fast I don't know what the ball bounced off. It could have been the side rail, the playfield or a pop bumper. The ball bounces high and lands on top of the shooter lane wire form. Not inside the wire form, but on top of it. It rolls the whole length of the wire form and lands right in the shooter lane. The game detected the ball in the shooters lane and served it back into play. It was funny and super cool at the same time. What a game!

I've had that happen in the arcade too! Pretty fun when it occurred, and a real jaw dropper!

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Yeah, those are all my game. And yes the wire bundles at the bottom left of the cab is where the support rail "grabbed" some wires... not the end of the world, but it was unexpected!

Thought so! Became a moment of "is this my child or theirs?!??". . Really interesting to see the same issues pop up, then you realize it's really more likely just design/installation work at hand.

Quoted from zaphX:

I was reading on that the other week in some thread. pinballinreno responded directly to Joseph as well yesterday. I'd say look for a mechanical issue first, like you mentioned, then maybe use a drop after seeing if no bends exist. (But I am no spinner expert, that is for sure!)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-lube-for-spinners

#7326 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

One of those things I've learned through the years.

#7327 5 years ago

Is the JJP phone app that remote flips the flippers comparable with pirates?

#7328 5 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

https://zippy.gfycat.com/NarrowGargantuanBoubou.mp4

#7329 5 years ago

looks like somebody's got a case of the mondays

#7330 5 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

No.

#7331 5 years ago

MGC starts tomorrow, I'm still hoping we will hear some news about Pirates code

#7332 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I am glad it is coming. It sounded like a good if likely final polish and the final wizard mode is an obvious plus. Even if most never see it

#7333 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I am glad it is coming. It sounded like a good if likely final polish and the final wizard mode is an obvious plus. Even if most never see it

Yea. I have completed 0 wizard modes much less started one, but I'll get there...

#7334 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'd be happier to hear some news on my POTC LE that's being built right now.

#7335 5 years ago

Very cool wine racks on both sides of POTCSE. This missing bottles were given to Nitro staff!

732A9B06-91D7-48AE-9541-85C56144CF3B (resized).jpeg732A9B06-91D7-48AE-9541-85C56144CF3B (resized).jpeg
#7336 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Very cool wine racks on both sides of POTCSE. This missing bottles were given to Nitro staff!
[quoted image]

You mean consumed by Nitro staff, lol.

#7337 5 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

You mean consumed by Nitro staff, lol.

Ok...you got me!

#7338 5 years ago

Anyone have anymore ideas for balls getting stuck in the depths during multiball? My game has the factory fix, and balls get stuck down there almost every single multiball. Sometimes I have to manually plunge the kicker with my finger to get the balls out.

I have tried increasing the strength, but this has no effect on the balls getting stuck.

#7339 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Anyone have anymore ideas for balls getting stuck in the depths during multiball? My game has the factory fix, and balls get stuck down there almost every single multiball. Sometimes I have to manually plunge the kicker with my finger to get the balls out.
I have tried increasing the strength, but this has no effect on the balls getting stuck.

Have you tried new balls?
Has your game always done this?

#7340 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Have you tried new balls?
Has your game always done this?

Yes, and yes.

#7341 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

The one here doesn't have this problem. Have you checked in switch test mode to make sure the switches or optos (whatever is down there) are registering that the ball is there?

#7342 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Hate to ask the obvious, but do you have it at 6.5 degrees between the flippers glass off?

#7343 5 years ago

Is it bad that there is no audio for me on the clip but I immediately know what he is saying......................

#7344 5 years ago

Does anybody know if it is possible to buy a black pearl ramp? I cracked mine by fastening it in to tight I guess. A screw on the slingshot below was touching the ramp and it made a small crack in it. So don't do that!

#7345 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Does anybody know if it is possible to buy a black pearl ramp?

Call JJP tomorrow, ask for Shannan

#7346 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

Does anybody know if it is possible to buy a black pearl ramp? I cracked mine by fastening it in to tight I guess. A screw on the slingshot below was touching the ramp and it made a small crack in it. So don't do that!

Yeah, that screw under the ramp should have been a mini post (I might still make it one...). On the one we have the screw is pressing up into the ramp and has started to deform it.

#7347 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that screw under the ramp should have been a mini post (I might still make it one...). On the one we have the screw is pressing up into the ramp and has started to deform it.

Can you post a pic?

#7348 5 years ago
Quoted from roddog:

I had this same problem. From the factory the screws for the ramp at the bottom were way too tight. I took a turn or so out of each to give the switch proper clearence. Can also try loosening the screw at top of ramp, but for me it was more effective to loosen the bottom 2, the other option I considered was trimming the top of the switch down.

#7350 5 years ago

How is the HMS Dauntless removed from the playfield? Any guides in relation to that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.