(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 378.
#7251 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Oh Wow...
So I used Will Turner (Random select)
I hit the 3rd skill shot to get a spin of the map and to my surprise I was awarded 25,000 on ball 1.
That's a neat trick!

Yep now practice hitting a couple loops before you do that shot for a quick 75-100k

#7252 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

post passing pretty much impossible

I think adding the star posts made it easier.

#7253 5 years ago

As an aside, I'm guessing there won't be anywhere near 50 new posts popping up often come Friday.

If a tech support POTC thread IS created, which makes sense to me, (and why doesn't someone here that has a major issue with this just start a nice new polished one?) and Wonka is fully revealed, I'm assuming post count in this thread would/will see a massive plummet.

Either way, someone with enough interest and irritation, start it up!

#7254 5 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

I suggest the Buffalo Pinball tutorial. @22:15 they explain why Will has this benefit. They actually go through all the characters pretty good. The big takeaway is that the main benefit listed at the character select screen is NOT always the only benefit you get from picking a character. Of course there are negatives too, but unfortunately, right now in .98 code you have to pick a character and then hold the right flipper for about 3 seconds until you get into the status info.
Watch the video: [quoted image]

You can do what to get a status screen ...

Wow!

This game!

=)

#7255 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

You can do what to get a status screen ...
Wow!
This game!
=)

I’ll have to tell my gf. She can hit that “skill” shot like breathing...

She may never use another character.

haha

#7256 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Yep now practice hitting a couple loops before you do that shot for a quick 75-100k

!!!

#7257 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

As an aside, I'm guessing there won't be anywhere near 50 new posts popping up often come Friday.
If a tech support POTC thread IS created, which makes sense to me, (and why doesn't someone here that has a major issue with this just start a nice new polished one?) and Wonka is fully revealed, I'm assuming post count in this thread would/will see a massive plummet.

I disagree slightly. Maybe not “50”, but this thread will still be on fire.

This is an amazing game and we actually own it NOW.

#7258 5 years ago

In my estimation, this makes Will Turner pretty OP.

I mean...I’m plunging for a skill shot every.single.time. and this guy ramps points QUICK with this style...

#7259 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I don't "own it" just yet.

My LE is still on the assembly line.

#7260 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

In my estimation, this makes Will Turner pretty OP.
I mean...I’m plunging for a skill shot every.single.time. and this guy ramps points QUICK with this style...

He's not OP. Most of them are quite balanced.

#7261 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

... If a tech support POTC thread IS created, which makes sense to me, (and why doesn't someone here that has a major issue with this just start a nice new polished one?) and Wonka is fully revealed, I'm assuming post count in this thread would/will see a massive plummet.

How about someone with a lot of JJP POTC tech issues starting one? (I know - that's crazy talk)

I've actually considered starting a new "fun" (non-tech problems) POTC club thread, but decided it's probably not worth it due to inevitable tech problem postings there too.

Thankfully, at least there still are the enthusiastic Bro Do You Pinball threads and YouTube video comments as they LOVE Pirates and JJP's in general.

#7262 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I don't "own it" just yet.
My LE is still on the assembly line.

Bet u get it soon. I found a CE that apparently just came off the line. Gets here Friday.

#7263 5 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Bet u get it soon. I found a CE that apparently just came off the line. Gets here Friday.

I was told that JJP is waiting on parts...God knows when I'll get my machine.

#7264 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

How about someone with a lot of JJP POTC tech issues starting one? (I know - that's crazy talk)
I've actually considered starting a new "fun" (non-tech problems) POTC club thread, but decided it's probably not worth it due to inevitable tech problem postings there too.
Thankfully, at least there still are the enthusiastic Bro Do You Pinball threads and YouTube video comments as they LOVE Pirates and JJP's in general.

But.....I don't have an issue with what folks want to discuss. I post here and there, and try to limit spamming with my own issues as much as I'm able. I just got the game ten days ago, have had some bizarre issues and asked about them, and other than that I try to read my bookmarked posts (about 3 pages on POTC) and watch videos where I'm able.

Things will always amp up, and die down, when new owners and new hobbyists get a game/enter a thread. It can be overwhelming for general conversation for sure, but this is a pretty complex machine, and I'd rather see spammed questions than someone really upset all day long or fuck up their multi-thousand dollar investment.

When I get things up and running for myself, I'll pop on, read posts, and post far, far less than I have when I've been shitting my pants and sleepless for the past week.

#7265 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Weeeeeeee.....

Nice shoes.

LTG : )

#7266 5 years ago

Pretty excited to see all the people who are still getting this game even with all the reported issues and what not.

It really is something else...

#7267 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

To combat the chipping on the slingshot posts, I replaced all 3 posts on both slings with the star posts, and the silicone washers underneath them to keep the stars from creating new chips. This did hide the damaged areas and I am optimistic that the squishy washer will prevent more pressure damage. However, after doing this, the sling sensitivity is much lower. It only kicks when there is a very solid hit. I attribute this to the higher position of the sling rubber due to the washer. I haven’t tried to fix it yet, I will either adjust the leafs to restore the sensitivity or remove the washers.

I considered putting the original posts back with the washers, but I didn't like the look of the small post on the larger washer.
I went ahead and kept the star posts.

They look good and after bending the leaf holders slightly (not the switches themselves) everything is responsive now. So, I guess that is my fix.

#7268 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was told that JJP is waiting on parts...God knows when I'll get my machine.

I'm in the same boat as you. Waiting on my game, which is waiting on parts. I guess if Willie comes out before mine is ready and I like it a lot more, I can just move my cash over to it.

#7269 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm in the same boat as you. Waiting on my game, which is waiting on parts. I guess if Willie comes out before mine is ready and I like it a lot more, I can just move my cash over to it.

I'm starting to think the same thing.

#7270 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I considered putting the original posts back with the washers, but I didn't like the look of the small post on the larger washer.
I went ahead and kept the star posts.
They look good and after bending the leaf holders slightly (not the switches themselves) everything is responsive now. So, I guess that is my fix.

Have you resorted to replying and answering your own posts now? Lol.

#7271 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I've done that. Notification functionality can be evil.

#7272 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just wanted to provide an update for future searchers/readers/fixers

#7273 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Great games still going strong. Just look at the Metallica thread.

On another note I'm not usually a watching pinball streaming guy but I did watch the whole Buffalo tutorial which was very informative. It wasn't just guys playing pinball and explaining, they went through the whole game for the most part while it was in attract mode. Definitely worth the watch.

#7274 5 years ago

Would you guys say that the permanent fix for the shooter rod catching the auto plunger is adding weather stripping under the hooks? Really?

#7275 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Would you guys say that the permanent fix for the shooter rod catching the auto plunger is adding weather stripping under the hooks? Really?

Or bending the hooks. You only need about 1-2mm more height. I just bend the hooks, because the reason it's low in the first place is the hooks likely bent down a bit from the weight, just like Hobbit and Dialed In.

#7276 5 years ago

I started a tech/troubleshooting/issues thread for PotC here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues#post-4933795

I'll be filling it out with information and curating it into the first post with links organized by type to make searching easier than a key post index.

If you've posted tech tips, feel free to re-post there with info and pics and I'll pull your information into the curated index, too.

#7277 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it’s what I tried, as they didn’t look bent to me and it worked.

#7278 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I started a tech/troubleshooting/issues thread for PotC here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjpirates-of-the-caribbean-troubleshooting-tips-issues#post-4933795
I'll be filling it out with information and curating it into the first post with links organized by type to make searching easier than a key post index.
If you've posted tech tips, feel free to re-post there with info and pics and I'll pull your information into the curated index, too.

Thx for your time and effort!

#7279 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it’s what I tried, as they didn’t look bent to me and it worked.

You can do it either way. Shim the area where the hooks connect, or bend the hooks. On earlier machines where the hooks connected UNDER the playfield you could shim the hook bracket to raise the playfield out of sight. Now that the hooks connect from the top side of the playfield, adding a shim where the hook bracket meets the playfield has the opposite effect - it lowers the playfield even more, which no one wants.

#7280 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I contacted Frank late today. I will definitely send some pics. Mostly of me weeping, but also of the game.
Thank you for the concern! I will vicariously live via your functional games.

As vaguely promised, here are a tonne of pics.

Looking at your pics, your right service rail seemed to stick out a lot more than mine (poking out of the playfield). If you think this is the case, it may be worth trying to move this backwards (or even remove it completely to see if that solves your hangup, then fiddle from there).

IMG_20190410_190917 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_190917 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_190921 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_190921 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191009 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191009 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191011 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191011 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191017 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191017 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191024 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191024 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191036 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191036 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191041 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191041 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191047 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191047 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191102 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_191102 (resized).jpg
#7281 5 years ago

Not sure if this was reported, but my two largest outstanding issues I fixed with clear gorilla tape.

I taped off the end of the ball trough to stop balls ejecting out of it and into the cabinet. Sad fix, but effective.

Even sadder is I used clear gorilla tape to shim up a section of the shooter lane wireform. I am not sure if mine was assembled wrong, but after looking at the obvious and previously discussed fixes for the auto plunger, I ran some balls through the wireform and there is a flat support wire that clearly should be round, that was causing a ball impact and sapping substantial energy from the ball.

I don't have the tools (or current interest) to really fix this the right way, so clear gorilla tape to the rescue. I don't have a pic of the "after" yet (I played some trouble free test games, yay!).

But the area marked here should clearly be round.... is it a flat wireform piece in your games????

I love the game, and I was definitely not expecting perfection, but as expected there are a few surprises

flat wireform bit potc (resized).PNGflat wireform bit potc (resized).PNG

#7282 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I taped off the end of the ball trough to stop balls ejecting out of it and into the cabinet. Sad fix, but effective.
Even sadder is I used clear gorilla tape to shim up a section of the shooter lane wireform. I am not sure if mine was assembled wrong, but after looking at the obvious and previously discussed fixes for the auto plunger, I ran some balls through the wireform and there is a flat support wire that clearly should be round, that was causing a ball impact and sapping substantial energy from the ball.

Can you elaborate on these fixes? I’m still struggling with intermittent autoplunge issues myself. I haven’t had any problems with the trough eject so I’m curious what was up there.

#7283 5 years ago

The hooks are referring to the two hooks that the play field has at the edge in front of you that seats into the slots, right?

I'm also having intermittent auto-plunge issues which is kinda disappointing/annoying since I fixed it once and it was great. I used the two pieces of square mylar and placed them under the lock bar. I don't think that would have any impact though.

#7284 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Can you elaborate on these fixes? I’m still struggling with intermittent autoplunge issues myself. I haven’t had any problems with the trough eject so I’m curious what was up there.

Aaargh, I lost my reply as I closed the wrong window... I will post better pics tomorrow, but I increased the diameter of the wireform just prior to the flat support section of the wireform.

Running the ball through manually I could clearly feel the ball hitting (and hitting hard) at this flat piece.

The slight discolorations on the vertical blue markered pics show the tape (it is meant to not be very visible, but if you can't see much that is why). It works, we will see how durable the tape is I guess

I will also post my trough fix pics tomorrow....

left Capture (resized).PNGleft Capture (resized).PNGleft Capture (resized).PNGleft Capture (resized).PNGflat capture (resized).PNGflat capture (resized).PNG
#7285 5 years ago

My ramp looks the same as yours, with no launch issues though.

#7286 5 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

My ramp looks the same as yours, with no launch issues though.

Maybe the rods were welded slightly too far apart on mine. Bummer!

#7287 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

As vaguely promised, here are a tonne of pics.
Looking at your pics, your right service rail seemed to stick out a lot more than mine (poking out of the playfield). If you think this is the case, it may be worth trying to move this backwards (or even remove it completely to see if that solves your hangup, then fiddle from there).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are all of your game, correct? Interesting that the service rails are all angled like that. (I'm assuming.). This is why it's always so nice to see comparative photos. So thank you for taking the time to do that!

That's the area in the cab you had a hangup on?

#7288 5 years ago

Anyone have a good idea what to do on the Dead Men Tell No Tales wizard mode? I didn't do well on that tonight.

#7289 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I wish there was a way to not allow a post without reading the whole thread first.

Yeah it would be so much better if you had to read over 7000 posts before you could ask a question

#7290 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yeah it would be so much better if you had to read over 7000 posts before you could ask a question

Agree with you and wouldn’t really be feasible for a quick pop up issue.

I try to utilize the search function before asking, sticky’s would help at the top of thread or a dedicated thread as previously mentioned and in the works.

Will this be the first game to require a dedicated fix thread?

#7291 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I try to utilize the search function before asking, sticky’s would help at the top of thread or a dedicated thread as previously mentioned and in the works.

I'm surprised you agree with me when you upvoted his post . This is basically a fix it thread with a sprinkling of gameplay talk through it . It would be easier to start up let's talk about pirates gameplay thread . This is by far the best place to come to try to get problems resolved , some issues may come up over and over but for the person posting it is the first time for them .

#7292 5 years ago

So I had the craziest pinball shot (it wasn't really a shot, as it came off the Black Pearl) last night, than I have had in 40 plus years of playing pinball. The ball was on the Pearl. The ball was on the left side of the deck and moving fast to the right and the Pearl deck falls right. The ball goes flying off the right side. It happened so fast I don't know what the ball bounced off. It could have been the side rail, the playfield or a pop bumper. The ball bounces high and lands on top of the shooter lane wire form. Not inside the wire form, but on top of it. It rolls the whole length of the wire form and lands right in the shooter lane. The game detected the ball in the shooters lane and served it back into play. It was funny and super cool at the same time. What a game!

#7293 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There are quite a few pins that have "technical/support" threads. That said, if there is something that needs to be turned into a key post, post it here so that can be done. Key posts are basically posts that contain important information such as fixes, etc, and get put into the topic index, available at the top of every page of the thread. I always look at those first when I have a question about a pin. Unfortunately, some people will never help themselves and will never search first.

#7294 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Those are all of your game, correct? Interesting that the service rails are all angled like that. (I'm assuming.). This is why it's always so nice to see comparative photos. So thank you for taking the time to do that!
That's the area in the cab you had a hangup on?

Yeah, those are all my game. And yes the wire bundles at the bottom left of the cab is where the support rail "grabbed" some wires... not the end of the world, but it was unexpected!

#7295 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

So I had the craziest pinball shot (it wasn't really a shot, as it came off the Black Pearl) last night, than I have had in 40 plus years of playing pinball. The ball was on the Pearl. The ball was on the left side of the deck and moving fast to the right and the Pearl deck falls right. The ball goes flying off the right side. It happened so fast I don't know what the ball bounced off. It could have been the side rail, the playfield or a pop bumper. The ball bounces high and lands on top of the shooter lane wire form. Not inside the wire form, but on top of it. It rolls the whole length of the wire form and lands right in the shooter lane. The game detected the ball in the shooters lane and served it back into play. It was funny and super cool at the same time. What a game!

Twice now I've had the ball fall off the right side of the BP and bounce onto the shooter rails - surprised me also the first time!

#7296 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Twice now I've had the ball fall off the right side of the BP and bounce onto the shooter rails - surprised me also the first time!

I'm always surprised when the ball goes airborne and/or hits the glass. That "probably" means that was too hard of a shot and I try to work on that.

#7297 5 years ago

Earlier in this thread I mentioned that my left orbit ball lock post was sticking in the up position. Turned out the plastic post was not centered in the playfield hole and was rubbing slightly. The fix required removing the solenoid bracket and filing the four mounting holes so they were oblong, allowing me to shift the bracket just a bit. Not a big deal but unfortunately two of the four screws had been over tightened from the factory and stripped out the wood. Hopefully the two screws will hold for now but eventually I'll have to fix that.

#7298 5 years ago

I was going to give the stock balls a try as having chest magnetism issues with both Pinball Life Super Shiny and Ball Barron Ninja Chrome balls. These have to be the worse condition stock pinballs I've ever seen, theres actual cuts in them that are rusting...I've asked my distributor to see if JJP will send a new set of balls.

Has anyone found a ball that won't result in magnetism at the chest in this game over a long period of time?

20190411_081548 (resized).jpg20190411_081548 (resized).jpg20190411_081622 (resized).jpg20190411_081622 (resized).jpg

#7299 5 years ago

Here's basically my To-Do List:

1) Fix loose BP flipper (right)
2) Lubricate spinners
3) Fix/adjust plunger (again)
4) Wipe/Vacuum/Wax playfield (first time)

The chests can definitely lock balls. Every time? No. But I would say better than 50% of the time. I might look into this.

#7300 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was going to give the stock balls a try as having chest magnetism issues with both Pinball Life Super Shiny and Ball Barron Ninja Chrome balls. These have to be the worse condition stock pinballs I've ever seen, theres actual cuts in them that are rusting...I've asked my distributor to see if JJP will send a new set of balls.
Has anyone found a ball that won't result in magnetism at the chest in this game over a long period of time?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I use these for all my games. Work great. https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

You can't use the super shiny or ninja chrome in games that have magnets. It even says that in the description of the ninja chrome balls on the ball baron site.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/146 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.