(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 minutes ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 378.
#7151 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Yea I just meant where the hooks aren't seated properly. Like the hooks are above the slots if that makes sense?
So "definitely" magnetic, yea?
The magnetism won't cause any ill effects on the table I take it.
Thanks for this!

A few inches or millimeters?

Klein Tools 647M Magnetic Nut Driver Set, 6-Inch Shafts, 7-Piece https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MKIUYQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ELsRCbF9BCBWK

I cheaped out at first, got non magnetic ones, tried to magnetize them. Didn't work so well. Tried these last night for the first time, and they're awesome!

#7152 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those flipper rubbers that come stock are GROSS. They look bad and feel yukky. Marco would give them better standard red rubber than whatever they're using.

I like the "glow" ones from .. somewhere. Especially, on the CE. The green blends a lot nicer.

#7153 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Klein Tools 647M Magnetic Nut Driver Set, 6-Inch Shafts, 7-Piece amazon.com link »
I cheaped out at first, got non magnetic ones, tried to magnetize them. Didn't work so well. Tried these last night for the first time, and they're awesome!

I'd say an inch or two. I don't know about mm.

I'll get these guys ordered ASAP.

Thanks!

#7154 5 years ago

Sure would be nice if there was a separate JJP POTC tech issues thread. This club thread seems to be dominated by repeated issues - many of them from owners new to the hobby.

Doesn't make for lively gameplay/strategy discussions and leaves others with the impression that JJP POTC is nothing but problems.

Just sayin'.

#7155 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm only referencing that to illustrate I've had a few issues. I'd like that foam on there for protection, but I can't even place it due to not having a proper gap for the bar's prongs.
I'd imagine whatever overall alignment issues I have are cumulative, and are affecting that entire region in a few ways.
I haven't even played a ball yet either...

I’m only Asking but wasn’t the Playfield in the game with lock bar and seal complete when you received the game? Prior to disassembly to install Cliffys etc? I always ask this as my go to service protocol is “what is the last thing you did” when troubleshooting odd issues.

#7156 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Klein Tools 647M Magnetic Nut Driver Set, 6-Inch Shafts, 7-Piece amazon.com link »

Very nice! I want the 3" set to get into some smaller spaces yet they are $20-$25 more then the 6" set, what gives? lol

#7157 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Hate to say it but its longer than that 2 months at this point. I ordered several things back in early Feb still waiting.
Love Cliff, love his products but he needs some expert helpers.

Great needed accessories, but he does fall behind because of the big demand. I ordered early Feb and just yesterday got a notice that mine shipped, so your's should be shipped soon as well. Cliff should hire some Oompa Loompas or something for some help.

#7158 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Great needed accessories, but he does fall behind because of the big demand. I ordered early Feb and just yesterday got a notice that mine shipped, so your's should be shipped soon as well. Cliff should hire some Oompa Loompas or something for some help.

Oompa loompa doompety doo
I've got a perfect Cliffy for you
Oompa loompa doompety dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me
What do you get when don't protect your game
Playing as much as a kid with free credits plays
What are you at, getting terribly lax
What do you think will come to your playfield if you do that
I don't like the look of it
Oompa loompa doompety da
If you protect your game, you will go far
Your game will live in happiness too
Like the Cliffy Oompa Loompa Doompety do
Doompety do

I need to go grab a beer and play some pinball lol.

#7159 5 years ago
Quoted from D_N_G:

Hi Guys, Joined the club today with LE 197 thanks to some peer pressure from kevinbuffalo
This is my first home pinball, have been an arcade guy in the past, so have some experience with wiring, pcbs, etc.
Having a couple of issues, and have a call in to the distributor, but figured Pinside might have some ideas?
1.) Have a Fork Malfunction/Device Broken error and balls wont lock in the chest
- Checked the suggested 2 screws to make sure they were tight
- Checked wiring under the play field for the fork mechanism and everything seems ok
- Individual coil tests will raise and lower the fork successfully
- The specific fork test itself will not work
- No balls will physically enter or lock in the chest, but screen animations show ball locks when hit through the middle chest shot
Anything else to check?
2.) Have a stuck closed switch #50 on the right high slingshot. It wont activate when depressed manually.
-Checked under playfield wiring and seems ok from a glance (no broken wires)
Read through every post in this thread in preparation. So far have done these checks/minor fixes:
- Cut some zip ties to give slack to the Black Pearl
- Subway post was there from the factory - Manufacture date was 1/21/2019
- Protected cabling behind dauntless
- Leveled to 6.5
[quoted image][quoted image]

I thought I had the same problem. When you do the test make sure your coin door is closed if not the test wont work. Yoiu can also manually depress the coin door switch and do test. If that does not work there is something else going on.

#7160 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Yoiu can also manually depress the coin door switch and do test.

Yoiu can also pull the knob of the switch out to lock it on for testing.

LTG : )

#7161 5 years ago

Can someone tell me what the nut size is for the legs?

I still need to level this thing...

Thanks!

#7162 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Sure would be nice if there was a separate JJP POTC tech issues thread. This club thread seems to be dominated by repeated issues - many of them from owners new to the hobby.
Doesn't make for lively gameplay/strategy discussions and leaves others with the impression that JJP POTC is nothing but problems.
Just sayin'.

I understand and agree, but sadly the game does seem to have production issues here and there. I hoped I'd get "lucky" and wasn't so far...

Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m only Asking but wasn’t the Playfield in the game with lock bar and seal complete when you received the game? Prior to disassembly to install Cliffys etc? I always ask this as my go to service protocol is “what is the last thing you did” when troubleshooting odd issues.

I know you asked this before, and I'm not entirely sure about the lockbar. It was in plastic, and I assume so. I went back and looked at photos after you'd mentioned that, and couldn't see much sadly... I took CSI level crime scene numbers to help prevent such quandaries. I do remember the playfield being fairly stiff coming out the first time, that's about it...

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Very nice! I want the 3" set to get into some smaller spaces yet they are $20-$25 more then the 6" set, what gives? lol

I wonder how much 1" sets would cost!?!

#7163 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Can someone tell me what the nut size is for the legs?
I still need to level this thing...
Thanks!

I just try different wrenches until I find the right size.

#7164 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pro-Tip right here, you just blew my mind....and for years I played Pinball-Twister in front of my coindoor testing shit.....LOL.....

#7165 5 years ago

Just sayin'.

Suggested that a few pages back. Shot down.

#7166 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I just try different wrenches until I find the right size.

I’ll go with that.
Picking up a wrench set now! =D

#7167 5 years ago

Seems like a lot of dauntless errors due to the wire loom rubbing on the ship. Maybe moving the wire loom fix should be made a key post.

#7168 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Blew my mind also. But ive only owned pins a couple months

#7169 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

I like the "glow" ones from .. somewhere. Especially, on the CE. The green blends a lot nicer.

Titan Pinball

#7170 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Seems like a lot of dauntless errors due to the wire loom rubbing on the ship. Maybe moving the wire loom fix should be made a key post.

I honestly think that’s what it is. Especially since the switch is fine when the play field is lifted.

Does anyone know a key post for this?

#7171 5 years ago

To be honest I very interested in adding this pin to my collection but it seems a bit overwhelming for this pin apprentice I'm debating between deadpool and jjpotc..
Any help appreciated. Keep in mind I did play this in location and was a bit confused what to do..

#7172 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

but it seems a bit overwhelming for this pin apprentice

Don't over think it.

If you can work on a Williams DMD era pinball machine. You can work on Pirates. They just snuck a motherboard and hard drive in there. Still a pinball machine.

#7173 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

To be honest I very interested in adding this pin to my collection but it seems a bit overwhelming for this pin apprentice I'm debating between deadpool and jjpotc..
Any help appreciated. Keep in mind I did play this in location and was a bit confused what to do..

Overwhelmed by the rules or something else? As far as the rules, I watched Eric explain them to Jack Danger and then played on location and had no trouble. Pretty straight forward, but like all JJP games there is just so much you can do and pretty much in any order. WOZ really overwhelmed me on location, but I took the plunge and got one because my wife loved it. Watched a good stream and then after a few games it all clicked. I think for me, that is why I love JJP games, their depth makes for great home use.

#7174 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Pro-Tip right here, you just blew my mind....and for years I played Pinball-Twister in front of my coindoor testing shit.....LOL.....

Not all games have that type of switch. Judge Dredd comes to mind. Had a yellow metal clip to hold the switch in for testing.

Disclaimer : Another pro tip. You can tape a switch closed too, if the metal clip is MIA.

#7175 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Don't over think it.
If you can work on a Williams DMD era pinball machine. You can work on Pirates. They just snuck a motherboard and hard drive in there. Still a pinball machine.

Yeah... that’s how Skynet starts... then we get time traveling death robots. But who am I too judge? It’s just a pinball machine.

#7176 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Yeah... that’s how Skynet starts... then we get time traveling death robots. But who am I too judge? It’s just a pinball machine.

Yeah. It's just a pinball machine. Until it walks in on you in the morning and wants you to make it breakfast.

#7177 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yeah. It's just a pinball machine. Until it walks in on you in the morning and wants you to make it breakfast.

Bahahaha

#7178 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I understand and agree, but sadly the game does seem to have production issues here and there. I hoped I'd get "lucky" and wasn't so far...

Understood as well. Based on the posts in this club thread, JJP POTC also seems to have a high share of owners that are new to the hobby of pinball collecting. All the more reason for a dedicated tech issues thread.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Suggested that a few pages back. Shot down.

That's unfortunate. Pirate's high quality of gameplay deserves a more upbeat discussion.

#7179 5 years ago

Isn't that something?

Our first ever pin and it's of this magnitude.

Good time to be alive!

#7180 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Isn't that something?
Our first ever pin and it's of this magnitude.
Good time to be alive!

You chose wisely. Congrats!

#7181 5 years ago

Currently have the ship off to install the map Cliffy protectors, going well. With the mini playfield off I was wondering if it would be worth it to mylar the chapter select magnet area? Think its needed?

#7182 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Currently have the ship off to install the map Cliffy protectors, going well. With the mini playfield off I was wondering if it would be worth it to mylar the chapter select magnet area? Think its needed?

Probably.

People have talked about doing it.

Do you already have the mylar for it?
I wish I did...

#7183 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good luck putting it back on. Those eyelets are real ballbusters, and something no one stated....which makes sense....but when you get the ship mounted again, and it's rocking well, as soon as you place the arm behind the back of the cabinet back on, it will lock up. I did that a few times thinking I did something wrong. Finally figured it was because the motor would be engaged by the arm at that point.

Oh, and lemme know how you get that bastard rear nut off the plastic behind the trunk. I used a wrench for like twenty minutes...

#7184 5 years ago

That's unfortunate. Pirate's high quality of gameplay deserves a more upbeat discussion.

Well … there's this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/simple-explanations-of-basic-goals-in-jjp-s-pirates-of-the-caribbean

#7185 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Probably.
I wish I did...

Get a bulk sheet of Mylar from marco specialties. Then you can cut mylar for anything and everything on demand.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MFT

I think I bought like 3-4 feet years ago and still have some left.

#7186 5 years ago

Yes ... thanks. I have already studied and know the rules pretty well though.

I've been hoping to find a livelier discussion of strategies and shared gameplay experiences more typical of other club threads. I don't mean to be overly negative, but while somewhat informative, this one is a downer.

Ok - rant off. I hope all Pirates owners get to fully enjoy their game soon!

#7187 5 years ago

Yes ... thanks. I have already studied and know the rules pretty well though.
I've been hoping to find a livelier discussion of strategies and shared gameplay experiences more typical of other club threads. I don't mean to be overly negative, but while somewhat informative, this one is a downer.
Ok - rant off. I hope all Pirates owners get to fully enjoy their game soon!

My main advice is play multiplayer a LOT. Plundering is GREAT fun.

#7188 5 years ago

Hi Guys, Joined the club today with LE 197 thanks to some peer pressure from kevinbuffalo
This is my first home pinball, have been an arcade guy in the past, so have some experience with wiring, pcbs, etc.
Having a couple of issues, and have a call in to the distributor, but figured Pinside might have some ideas?
1.) Have a Fork Malfunction/Device Broken error and balls wont lock in the chest
- Checked wiring under the play field for the fork mechanism and everything seems ok
- No balls will physically enter or lock in the chest, but screen animations show ball locks when hit through the middle chest shot
Anything else to check?>

#7189 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get a bulk sheet of Mylar from marco specialties. Then you can cut mylar for anything and everything on demand.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-MFT
I think I bought like 3-4 feet years ago and still have some left.

WOW!

Okay then... =)

#7190 5 years ago

Yea... I'm all about in sharing in the good spirit of the game...and I think I am one of the "lucky" ones for the most part. I pretty much don't have a single issue on that long list of issues that has been constructed.

Just a "couple" things that aren't quite there.

I knew there would be some bumps in the beginning.

It will be REAL SWEET when I don't have to much worry about anything!

#7191 5 years ago
Quoted from D_N_G:

Anything else to check?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check to see if the the switch is engaged when the fork is in the up position.
You can do this with the Playfield up; Manually slide the fork mech into the up position and see if it engages the switch (with the machine off).

The switch is engaged by the roll pins that are attached to the mech (circled below) It is possible this has loosened up and even fallen out into your cabinet. Mine fell out and had to be reattached and tightened.

After you put the fork in the up position with
Coil test you can then go into the switch matrix to see if the fork switch is registered.

F4365C28-10F1-4713-BF98-61D082C86E04 (resized).jpegF4365C28-10F1-4713-BF98-61D082C86E04 (resized).jpeg
#7192 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'm going to have to try that later tonight. Past that, and I don't think I have many options left.
I'm concerned that the wiring is pushing the right side out rather than being flush.

I did that quite a bit, after reading your suggestion, and someone else the other day. No luck unfortunately.... Thank you though![quoted image]

Also, I learned this the hard way, but my playfield was not resting well initially, and I was focused on the rear looms.... it turns out the playfield support braces were catching on some wires near the start switch and coin door. They were (or were supposed to be) tucked away a bit better, but the bottom line is they got caught on the "grabby bits" of the service rail and yanked a bit. I have them tucked away better now.

#7193 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Also, I learned this the hard way, but my playfield was not resting well initially, and I was focused on the rear looms.... it turns out the playfield support braces were catching on some wires near the start switch and coin door. They were (or were supposed to be) tucked away a bit better, but the bottom line is they got caught on the "grabby bits" of the service rail and yanked a bit. I have them tucked away better now.

Hmmm. Do you have any photos of these wires?

#7194 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You just need to re-gap that upper right slingshot's switch leaves. If you pull the rubber AWAY it should release the contact and make the switch register. The problem is the back leaf is too close to the front, so when the rubber's just at rest it's always making contact. Move the back leaf away so it's not making contact until the rubber is depressed.
On that test, it looks to me like the switch that detects forks are up is stuck on, so it always thinks they're up. What does switch test say? If it's always on, you need to adjust that switch so it changes when the forks come down.

Quoted from LTG:

If it's stuck closed it won't register when hitting in.
Two leaf blade switches on each slingshot. High one would be towards the rear of the game. TURN GAME OFF - thank you. Remove slingshot plastic. Look down at slingshot leaf blade switch. See the two blades ? Long one resting on the rubber ring, short one behind it ? Adjust the short rear one away from the front long one so it isn't touching at the top where the two rivet looking things on the blades are. You want it close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it, but vibration doesn't it. A tweak or tow and you are good to go.

Thank You Both! That worked by gapping the switch leaves, really appreciate the advice!

Quoted from GnarLee:

I thought I had the same problem. When you do the test make sure your coin door is closed if not the test wont work. Yoiu can also manually depress the coin door switch and do test. If that does not work there is something else going on.

Thanks for the tip! Tried that earlier after reading the manual where voltage drops to the playfield with the coin door open. It didn't work while that fork malfunction error was on screen.

However, seems the fork error has now cleared without any adjustments, and tried the fork test again successfully!

Quoted from DrDQ:

Check to see if the the switch is engaged when the fork is in the up position.
You can do this with the Playfield up; move the form into position and see if it manually engages the switch (with the machine off).
The switch is engaged by the roll pin. It is possible this has loosened up and even fallen out into your cabinet. Mine fell out and had to be reattached and tightened.
After you put the fork in the up position with
Coil test you can then go into the switch matrix to see if the fork switch is registered.

Thanks! Will go test this out to manually see how the switches are registering. Maybe something is off kilter. Didn't see any parts in the cabinet. Hopefully it worked itself out since the error is no longer there.

** The chest has locked a few balls now, but it seems to be really hit or miss. Now to try and track this one down.

#7195 5 years ago

Im in Tuna. Im a newbie on the pinball ownership, but strategy discussion is good. If you can reliably hit the inner loop and the map hole Will Turner can rack easy points with no negatives. I cant hit a lot of the shots yet so norrington helps a bunch, got to my first wizard mode with him today but his scores for chapters and wizard are pretty low (only hit 2 shots in wiz mode before drain). Really like the collect all gold guy as I can routinely put 50-100 gold on the screen. But ya for points I go for Will Turner try to hit the loop 2-3 times then map for 75-100k and if I miss map good chance you will hit gold and have tortuga multiball ready 10 seconds into game. From there I try to stack my multiballs and complete chapters. Ideally get at least 2-3 lit plus tortuga then start them (preferably start with BP multiball and go into the others)

#7196 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Probably.
I wish I did...

Quoted from wesman:

Good luck putting it back on. Those eyelets are real ballbusters, and something no one stated....which makes sense....but when you get the ship mounted again, and it's rocking well, as soon as you place the arm behind the back of the cabinet back on, it will lock up. I did that a few times thinking I did something wrong. Finally figured it was because the motor would be engaged by the arm at that point.
Oh, and lemme know how you get that bastard rear nut off the plastic behind the trunk. I used a wrench for like twenty minutes...

Yup...that was two hours of pure fun. Lol. Both map Cliffys now installed and everything is put back together. Wife is sleeping now so still need to test everything in the morning.

Yeah that far rear nut for the plastic was a pain. I used a socket with a flexible extension on it like this one. One of these comes in handy at times.

https://www.amazon.com/HORUSDY-3-Piece-Flexible-Socket-Extension/dp/B07BC7NNHC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa

I did end up applying mylar to the map area. I measured the top and bottom distances, drew out a template on paper, traced it over the back of the mylar, waxed the chapter area and applied it. May be overkill but figured it couldn't hurt.

20190409_215007 (resized).jpg20190409_215007 (resized).jpg
20190409_215452 (resized).jpg20190409_215452 (resized).jpg

#7197 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup...that was two hours of pure fun. Lol. Both map Cliffys not installed and everything is put back together. Wife is sleeping now so still need to test in the morning.
Yeah that far rear nut for the plastic was a pain. I used a socket with a flexible extension on it like this one. One of these comes in really handy a times.

The right tool for that job:
https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/43916329

(those might be 11/32 back there, but this is the tool type...)

You can get something like this for under $10 at Sears or maybe even harbor freight.

#7198 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Hmmm. Do you have any photos of these wires?

Basically the mess of wires at the front of the cabinet (my start button wiring and the wiring going up to the gold button needed some readjustment; the rear plastic of start button actually got pulled out and I had to stick it back on; no damage but a bit of a wake up to "fix these ASAP".

I will get a picture tomorrow or maybe later tonight, I just sealed the game back up

#7199 5 years ago

A couple of maintenance items for tonight.

1. I was getting the shooter catching the autoplunger, and no attempt to move the shooter would fix it. I examined the playfield hooks and they did not appear to be bent. I ended up putting some thick weatherstripping underneath each hook, and that resolved the issue by raising the playfield enough that the shooter clears. I did have to re-level the game after this, of course.

2. To combat the chipping on the slingshot posts, I replaced all 3 posts on both slings with the star posts, and the silicone washers underneath them to keep the stars from creating new chips. This did hide the damaged areas and I am optimistic that the squishy washer will prevent more pressure damage. However, after doing this, the sling sensitivity is much lower. It only kicks when there is a very solid hit. I attribute this to the higher position of the sling rubber due to the washer. I haven’t tried to fix it yet, I will either adjust the leafs to restore the sensitivity or remove the washers.

3. I put some wire loom on the wires under the Pearl to avoid chafing and hopefully prevent balls from catching here.

4596DC7E-CD33-4146-BA35-AC517F326620 (resized).jpeg4596DC7E-CD33-4146-BA35-AC517F326620 (resized).jpeg5FA97549-9DC6-49D6-A42E-19E724DAC187 (resized).jpeg5FA97549-9DC6-49D6-A42E-19E724DAC187 (resized).jpeg7365F513-1505-4FAD-B6CB-B0E4CD69BBC9 (resized).jpeg7365F513-1505-4FAD-B6CB-B0E4CD69BBC9 (resized).jpegAD248686-25B5-4B78-B797-0A4ED755A0C0 (resized).jpegAD248686-25B5-4B78-B797-0A4ED755A0C0 (resized).jpeg
#7200 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Im in Tuna. Im a newbie on the pinball ownership, but strategy discussion is good. If you can reliably hit the inner loop and the map hole Will Turner can rack easy points with no negatives. I cant hit a lot of the shots yet so norrington helps a bunch, got to my first wizard mode with him today but his scores for chapters and wizard are pretty low (only hit 2 shots in wiz mode before drain). Really like the collect all gold guy as I can routinely put 50-100 gold on the screen. But ya for points I go for Will Turner try to hit the loop 2-3 times then map for 75-100k and if I miss map good chance you will hit gold and have tortuga multiball ready 10 seconds into game. From there I try to stack my multiballs and complete chapters. Ideally get at least 2-3 lit plus tortuga then start them (preferably start with BP multiball and go into the others)

I guess I'm a pinball veteran compared to many Pinsiders, but Pirates has been a really refreshing change gameplay-wise for me! The varying character strengths and weaknesses are great! Having 22 to choose from was a bit overwhelming at first, but it seems that like the rules, they have became fairly automatic to recall now. I've made a point of trying to play all the different characters more or less equally so far so I can get a feel for all of them. I currently have my game set on the random select setting so that I just play what comes up now. Kind of weird, but my highest game score to date has been one where I played Scrum. Not what I would have expected.

I was also really into playing Liars Dice as much as possible for a while. Two drawbacks I've found so far:
1) the game seems to win 2/3 of the time
2) it's not as much fun to blow what would have been a high score by losing big points on this

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/144 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.