(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11,913 posts
  • 449 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by kidchrisso
  • Topic is favorited by 210 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,130 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9F7335D3-321E-458E-B3A2-43D2F99388C7 (resized).jpeg
20190820_152447 (resized).jpg
IMG-4527 (resized).JPG
IMG-4522 (resized).JPG
IMG-4523 (resized).JPG
IMG-4525 (resized).JPG
IMG-4524 (resized).JPG
IMG-4526 (resized).JPG
20190817_173334 (resized).jpg
20190817_135857 (resized).jpg
20190816_233723 (resized).jpg
20190816_233832 (resized).jpg
20190816_231501 (resized).jpg
20190816_231435 (resized).jpg
IMG-4491 (resized).JPG
IMG-4486 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11913 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 239.
#6951 4 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think I pulled mine towards the center. It hasn't errored since.

Good advice! I figured the corners was where I should go, and I think the Dauntless was blocking safe passage. Bastards.....

#6952 4 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Would AFM Remake be a nice addition in a 2 pin collection to couple with POTC?
Why or why not?

Yes yes and yes. It's actually what I'm rocking right now and the two are right next to each other. Compliment reach other considering two different styles yet both very fun

#6953 4 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I think I pulled mine towards the center. It hasn't errored since.

Interesting and great advice.

I got the Curse of the Black Pearl MB last game despite not loading the cannon? At least I don't think I did? Maybe I had to in order to get this mode. Looks my left spinner on my BP is a bit stuck .. haha

Any advise to keep these spinners spinning? haha

Thanks ..

Broke 100k for the first time!! 113k to be exact w/ the dude that always lights one female character (not sure of his name atm)

#6954 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes yes and yes. It's actually what I'm rocking right now and the two are right next to each other. Compliment reach other considering two different styles yet both very fun

Yea... That's amazing!

I originally was going with MB remake before even Pirates. Glad I didn't do that. Feel MB would become repetitive far faster with the music vs something like AFM.

#6955 4 months ago

Been meaning to post this for sometime but mad props to tonycip for an awesome shooter rod for my game. Great work excellent product and fast service. Thanks Tony!

B1CC7F12-A384-4F94-B368-9CAE148EAA8C (resized).jpeg
#6956 4 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Been meaning to post this for sometime but mad props to tonycip for an awesome shooter rod for my game. Great work excellent product and fast service. Thanks Tony![quoted image]

Ooo. I like that.

Nice and simple, but still adds to the theme.

#6957 4 months ago

Yep and priced right too!

#6958 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Do you shift your looms towards the center, around the rear "blade" edges of the two ships? I have a feeling that was my issue resting the playfield back in. I kind of wish they had set channels or brackets to be held within, to some degree.

yes I moved mine to the center as well. I had the same issue getting playfield back in moving loom to center solved problem

#6959 4 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Interesting and great advice.
I got the Curse of the Black Pearl MB last game despite not loading the cannon? At least I don't think I did? Maybe I had to in order to get this mode. Looks my left spinner on my BP is a bit stuck .. haha
Any advise to keep these spinners spinning? haha
Thanks ..
Broke 100k for the first time!! 113k to be exact w/ the dude that always lights one female character (not sure of his name atm)

Im starting to learn the rules a bit. to get to black pearl multiball you have to do the spinners. Then hit one of the 2 green targets then send to shoot. Every boarding skill shot you get advances this as well. So if you did spinners and hit green target if you get the skill shot on your next plunge you qualify for multiball. Then all you have to do is hit left inner loop to start. I do think there is another way to advance it that I have not figured out yet.

#6960 4 months ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Im starting to learn the rules a bit. to get to black pearl multiball you have to do the spinners. Then hit one of the 2 green targets then send to shoot. Every boarding skill shot you get advances this as well. So if you did spinners and hit green target if you get the skill shot on your next plunge you qualify for multiball. Then all you have to do is hit left inner loop to start. I do think there is another way to advance it that I have not figured out yet.

Ah, okay. So I definitely want to fix that spinner then. Just afraid maybe it won’t register if it doesn’t hit it...unless it works differently.

#6961 4 months ago

Also, if this educates one person I’ll feel accomplished.

In the settings you can actually specify what # game you have for LE/CE and it will print this when the game is going through it’s idle animations.

Thought that was pretty cool.

#6962 4 months ago

I just saw the part about the spinner. You might check the plate/coil that raises up the gate to shoot cannon. Mine was not set properly and wasnt letting the gate open and close. If it went the other way I could see it messing with the spinner. 3 nuts to remove deck if I remember right and you can check it. 1st service position is fine.

#6963 4 months ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Would AFM Remake be a nice addition in a 2 pin collection to couple with POTC?
Why or why not?

Yes! AFM was always my favorite game to play, even before it reached #1 on the Top 100. Fast, furious gameplay with awesome code, sounds, lighting and theme execution. Strobe multiball is bad ass, especially with the upgraded Pinbits strobe light and blackout mod. JJP games can feel too deep, complex and a grind to play at times. AFM gets right into the fast flowing action as soon as you hit the start button and the rules are more simple and straightforward. I’ll probably be selling MB to fund Willy Wonka soon, but AFM and MM aren’t going anywhere!
DB4059E9-BC1C-4BE7-8D3E-06791EC7B43C (resized).jpeg

#6964 4 months ago

Installed my Cliffys today. Thanks to all those who posted advise and pictures on how to do it. One thing I would add is when reinstalling the ship it was a real pain until I just took off the Black Pearl ramp. It's literally three screws and made it that much easier.

#6965 4 months ago

Installed my Cliffys today. Thanks to all those who posted advise and pictures on how to do it. One thing I would add is when reinstalling the ship it was a real pain until I just took off the Black Pearl ramp. It's literally three screws and made it that much easier.
I would even say they do that first. It probably would make removal easier also

#6966 4 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Been meaning to post this for sometime but mad props to tonycip for an awesome shooter rod for my game. Great work excellent product and fast service. Thanks Tony![quoted image]

I have one of these as well. Fantastic shooter.

#6967 4 months ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I would even say they do that first. It probably would make removal easier also

Congratulations! The Buffalo Pinball stream the other night recommended that as well, loosening the ramp.

Was Tortuga Tom fairly easy? Thankfully the Depths seems to snap in. Mine arrives Monday!

Did you have any chipping damage yet when you got in there and looked about?

#6968 4 months ago

Installing the Cliffy's around the tortuga hole. Underneath the bracket and the post looks like this. Almost like they cleared the play field with that stuff on it? Much like the slingshots were

20190406_103342 (resized).jpg
#6969 4 months ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Got my star posts on! I like them much better then the plain post. I guess I am just old school like that.
Actually looked really good under them, and were not tight at all.
Only 407 plays though.
[quoted image]

Did you replace all 3 on both slings?

#6970 4 months ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Installing the Cliffy's around the tortuga hole. Underneath the bracket and the post looks like this. Almost like they cleared the play field with that stuff on it? Much like the slingshots were
[quoted image]

I guess it's just surrounded with mylar?

#6971 4 months ago

Havent found one on route that isnt broken. Last one I found no ship rocking and no disc, useless.

Hope to find a nice one some day!

#6972 4 months ago

How far behind is cliffy on shipping?

#6973 4 months ago

Does anyone think that changing the powder coat on the LE would alter its value? I've tossed around the idea of having the armour stripped and having a high quality black metallic powder coat installed with gold dots / flakes throughout.

#6974 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone think that changing the powder coat on the LE would alter its value? I've tossed around the idea of having the armour stripped and having a high quality black metallic powder coat installed with gold dots / flakes throughout.

I would think that a tastefully done, quality powdercoating would add to the game's value for most buyers of this particular game. Not all though as appreciation of any powdercoating color/finish is subjective.

I'd like to find full rails (protected flipper button area) and refinish my LE as well.

#6975 4 months ago

What star posts is everyone changing out to? Putting a Marco order together so figured I might as well grab these while I'm at it.

#6976 4 months ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Did you replace all 3 on both slings?

Yep!

#6977 4 months ago

I had mentioned way back in this thread about some side armor. I thought it would be cool to have the ones that go around the flippers.

#6978 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I refuse to buy pins with fucked with powder coat. Doesn't matter how tasteful

#6979 4 months ago
Quoted from rs812:

How far behind is cliffy on shipping?

About a month last I heard...

#6980 4 months ago

Hate to say it but its longer than that 2 months at this point. I ordered several things back in early Feb still waiting.

Love Cliff, love his products but he needs some expert helpers.

#6981 4 months ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I refuse to buy pins with fucked with powder coat. Doesn't matter how tasteful

Whatever dude, a bit harsh perhaps, but that's certainly your right and to each their own. I have enjoyed powdercoating many of my games and I honestly don't think most pinheads would consider them as "fucked".

#6982 4 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Okay, POTC manual shows those two rear Dauntless spacers to be #8-32 5/16” x 1-1/2” m-f. Marco has a #8-32 1/4” x 1-1/4” m-f but no 5/16”. Looking for a 5/16” version of that Marco spacer now so that it is sturdy enough to support the ship and brings the Dauntless 1/4” closer to the backboard....

Quoted from Yelobird:

Ahoy pirate skallywags and rum lovers. A minor public announcement for those ailing from Dauntless aiming issues. This repair tip came from pirates wiser then I but works perfectly if your issue persists. Very simple to do and permanent. The Dauntless as shown is mounted with 2 standard 8x32 x1 1/2” standoffs. Replacing this 2 standoffs with 1 1/4” standoffs brings the ship to port in perfect firing alignment. I will provide a link to McMaster though I am Certain these can be found at Pinball Life, Marco and even Ace hardware last I checked. Took 5 minutes to swap and we be sinking that bloody ship every time now!
Hex stand off McMaster:
https://www.mcmaster.com/91920a252
Pinball life has them in 1 1/8” which would work fine possibly needing a washer:
https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-hex-spacers-1-18-to-3-116-8-32-thread-femalefemale.html[quoted image]

Just did this swap this morning, using the Hex Standoffs from McMaster the yelobird referenced, some 1/2" 8-32 screws, lock washers, and some blue locktite. The firing alignment is 100% perfect now, if you miss you either miss high or low, no longer missing to the back of the Dauntless.

Couple other items of note while back there:

- I would not use 1/4" diameter standoffs (which are easier to find) than the 5/16" diameter standoffs. I do not think they are thick enough to keep the ship straight, as the weight of the lower dauntless totally are on the standoffs.

- I added some additional felt tape behind the backboard on both of the aluminum channels behind the Dauntless. The wire from the Dauntless switch can rub against both of them back there and fray.

#6983 4 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Just did this swap this morning, using the Hex Standoffs from McMaster the yelobird referenced, some 1/2" 8-32 screws, lock washers, and some blue locktite. The firing alignment is 100% perfect now, if you miss you either miss high or low, no longer missing to the back of the Dauntless.
Couple other items of note while back there:
- I would not use 1/4" diameter standoffs (which are easier to find) than the 5/16" diameter standoffs. I do not think they are thick enough to keep the ship straight, as the weight of the lower dauntless totally are on the standoffs.
- I added some additional felt tape behind the backboard on both of the aluminum channels behind the Dauntless. The wire from the Dauntless switch can rub against both of them back there and fray.

Are those the blades of metal that you have to adjust the wire looms around?

#6984 4 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Whatever dude, a bit harsh perhaps, but that's certainly your right and to each their own. I have enjoyed powdercoating many of my games and I honestly don't think most pinheads would consider them as "fucked".

Fine, i'll buy a pin with powdercoat as long as the price isn't an "added value" to up the cost of the pin.

#6985 4 months ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Fine, i'll buy a pin with powdercoat as long as the price isn't an "added value" to up the cost of the pin.

Powdercoating is in the class of mods you rarely get the money back out of when you sell the pin. May help it sell faster, but won't increase the sale price.

#6986 4 months ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Fair enough. I powdercoat my games because I like to improve their aesthetic appeal - not as an investment for resale. If others like the finished look, so much the better, but I'm the one that spends the majority of time in my gameroom.

POTC LE is an okay looking game exterior-wise to me personally - not as nice looking as some past JJP editions such as their Smaug Gold Hobbit or WOZ Emerald City - but not bad either. I think its metal cabinet components can be improved upon with a number of potential hammered metal powdercoat finishes for example and the possibilities have intrigued me. Just another facet of modding a game that I enjoy.

#6987 4 months ago

Anybody know how much this machine weighs? I cant find that anywhere (though now that I think of it may be in the manual...)

#6988 4 months ago

375 maybe I dunno but it is the heaviest game I have ever moved into my house by far

#6989 4 months ago

Agreed! It is the heaviest game i have ever taken in my house.

#6990 4 months ago

I just received a standard Potc in for stock if anyone is interested.

#6991 4 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Quoted from wesman:

Are those the blades of metal that you have to adjust the wire looms around?

Here is a pic of the pieces of metal behind the Dauntless I put felt on showing the wires that can rub:
IMG_6686 (resized).JPG

...and now that I look at the pic the hole thru the shaft for the wire could use a grommet as well!

#6992 4 months ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Anybody know how much this machine weighs? I cant find that anywhere (though now that I think of it may be in the manual...)

Well it’s 350lbs shipped...minus the pallet and box, should put it around 320ish

#6993 4 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Here is a pic of the pieces of metal behind the Dauntless I put felt on showing the wires that can rub:
[quoted image]
...and now that I look at the pic the hole thru the shaft for the wire could use a grommet as well!

Yeah that was a good idea! Did you place it on each side of the aluminum blade?

Does anyone know the format size of the manual? Is it legal size? I'm going to try and print it out for reference before delving in deeper.

#6994 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Congratulations! The Buffalo Pinball stream the other night recommended that as well, loosening the ramp.
Was Tortuga Tom fairly easy? Thankfully the Depths seems to snap in. Mine arrives Monday!
Did you have any chipping damage yet when you got in there and looked about?

Tortuga Tom Cliffy wasn't bad. I found a post here that made it easier. Basically you take him off, I found taking the 2 screws off the top gives top easy access to the plate underneath where you need a really small hex key (You can go straight to the hex key if you wanted to also). 2 screws holding in the motor (watch the 2 plastic spacers under the screws, nothing holding them in) then you can move the motor and get to the 2 screws holding the bumper skirt in. Just loosen them enough so you can get to the 2 screws on the scoop stop.

Didn't find any chipping. It did look like the clear was surrounding the posts that I took off though.

#6995 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I guess it's just surrounded with mylar?

If you look at my picture above, there are 3 shades around the scoop, mylar, clear coat and what looks like bare playfield under where the screws were. Looked the same when I took the slingshot posts off. I don't really worry about clearcoat that's under stuff. I just find it strange.

#6996 4 months ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

HEAVY. Like 400lbs-ish. Basically almost as much as two Stern pros.

#6997 4 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah that was a good idea! Did you place it on each side of the aluminum blade?
Does anyone know the format size of the manual? Is it legal size? I'm going to try and print it out for reference before delving in deeper.

Correct, kinda wrapped the felt tape onto both sides.

The pdf manual is formatted for standard 8-1/2" by 11" size.

#6998 4 months ago

Installed Kraken Tiltgraphics side art blades today. I've installed art blades in numerous machines so can speak with some experience. JJPOTC is challenging and very tight between the playfield and cabinet. Highly recommend using the wet method for installing them. Also, one of the inner backbox hinge nuts was flared out along the edge and did not want to come out. Finally got it out, but as it came out it damage the inside formica on the wood. Luckily the side art and the hinge nut itself will hide the damage, but still very frustrating. Ended up having to dremel off the flared edge of the nut when I reinstalled it. I also recommend that one does not install art blades on JJPOTC without the Pinball Universe sideart protectors sold by PinballLife. Any movement up/down of the playfield will rub and damage the sideart without the protectors.

IMG_6684 (resized).JPGIMG_6685 (resized).JPG
#6999 4 months ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

I just received a standard Potc in for stock if anyone is interested.

Gary...I just sent you an e mail about this a few hours ago...just PM'd you...let's talk...thanks.

Hogey

#7000 4 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Installed Kraken Tiltgraphics side art blades today. I've installed art blades in numerous machines so can speak with some experience. JJPOTC is challenging and very tight between the playfield and cabinet. Highly recommend using the wet method for installing them. Also, one of the inner backbox hinge nuts was flared out along the edge and did not want to come out. Finally got it out, but as it came out it damage the inside formica on the wood. Luckily the side art and the hinge nut itself will hide the damage, but still very frustrating. Ended up having to dremel off the flared edge of the nut when I reinstalled it. I also recommend that one does not install art blades on JJPOTC without the Pinball Universe sideart protectors sold by PinballLife. Any movement up/down of the playfield will rub and damage the sideart without the protectors.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, nice job!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
14,775 (Firm)
$ 189.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 11913 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 239.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside