(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,868 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg
download (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 378.
#6901 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's a carriage bolt. It looks like the ones that go on the sides of the head on the bottom to hold on the hinge. There are supposed to be 3 on each side on the bottom edge of the head.

Thanks, I´ll check this.

Quoted from PinMonk:

THIS is the solution JJP should be using from the factory. Pretty much bulletproof method to rock-solid spotlights, and looks better than glue or clips. If you do this on your spotlights, they will not fall out again:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights

I´ll give this a try, thanks again.

Best regards
Gernot

#6902 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

VERY COOL looking!
I just wished it worked with the trigger ala TS, IJ, etc. as I'm not a big fan of the "feel" of bulky irregular shooter rod knobs.

This. Hard mounting these and wiring them to the auto launch switch so they worked like indy, shadow, etc would be awesome.

#6903 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Reached Dead Mans chest wizard mode, super cool! If you pick Tia Dalama and focus on the chest to light Dead Mans Chest multiball as well as light movie 2 chapters for you to select using the character ability its certaintly doable. Won't spoil the mode but it was awesome having this separate set piece mode to activate in the game.
I enjoy reaching mini wizard modes but on a majority of games (including LOTR and WOZ) once you reach the mid wizard mode you either have to qualify everything again to light it a second time (which can feel repeitive) or go after the games super wizard mode which is extremely difficult to get to. With Pirates it's like having 5 Destory the Ring or 5 Battle the Wicked Witch mid wizard modes in the same game. Reach one and still have a ball or two to play? Go after one of the other 4. The ruleset design in Pirates offers so much variety while playing the game.

It's fun getting to the wiz modes. I've been using Tia also. 4 down, 1 to go.

#6904 5 years ago

Spent about an hour on the phone with JJP today. Was very helpful. Should have 2 replacement boards in the mail and a couple leds. Hopefully this will get me to 95% and I can concentrate on tweaking and dialing in.

#6905 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Spent about an hour on the phone with JJP today. Was very helpful. Should have 2 replacement boards in the mail and a couple leds. Hopefully this will get me to 95% and I can concentrate on tweaking and dialing in.

Whom did you speak with? (Just curious in case I need to call for a couple of issues)

That sounds pretty effective for sure!

#6906 5 years ago

Maybe a daft question here, has anyone installed the Cliffy's for the Depths? Do you just pull the flipper forward and snap it in or remove screws?

#6907 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have a few flipper rebuild kits in my stash, does anyone know if any of the old williams or bally rebuild kits are the same as what are used in JJP games by chance?

If from Williams DMD era from Addams on, yes.

Earlier, no.

LTG : )

#6908 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Maybe a daft question here, has anyone installed the Cliffy's for the Depths? Do you just pull the flipper forward and snap it in or remove screws?

your thingking of bayou hole under flipper. No cliffy there looks like there is factory protection for that one depths hole is far left that feed p in pirate

#6909 5 years ago

Got my star posts on! I like them much better then the plain post. I guess I am just old school like that.
Actually looked really good under them, and were not tight at all.
Only 407 plays though.

F775E6A5-CDC7-4D8E-AB1B-C0AB79AEE905 (resized).jpegF775E6A5-CDC7-4D8E-AB1B-C0AB79AEE905 (resized).jpeg
#6910 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

your thingking of bayou hole under flipper. No cliffy there looks like there is factory protection for that one depths hole is far left that feed p in pirate

Oh you're right!

Okay, has anyone put a Cliffy on for the Depths?

#6911 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If from Williams DMD era from Addams on, yes.
Earlier, no.

Thanks Lloyd. I hope you get paid for all this knowledge and help you do on the forums!

#6912 5 years ago

Not sure if anyone has installed Pin Stadiums on their POTC. I installed the Fusions and love them. If anyone has any interest about the how and why I connected what to what I’d be more than happy to share. Sorry about the bad video, took them on my one so 1 handed game play. Let me know and I can start posting.

#6913 5 years ago

Anyone get a Constellation Award for a Door yet? Not sure what shot that it is but saw it quickly during stacked MB and had never seen it before. I think this game has got some secrets......

Was also able to get the Black Pearl MB Jackpot shot off successfully, that was awesome.

#6914 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Anyone get a Constellation Award for a Door yet? Not sure what shot that it is but saw it quickly during stacked MB and had never seen it before. I think this game has got some secrets......
Was also able to get the Black Pearl MB Jackpot shot off successfully, that was awesome.

I believe the door shot is captains quarters.

#6915 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Not sure if anyone has installed Pin Stadiums on their POTC. I installed the Fusions and love them. If anyone has any interest about the how and why I connected what to what I’d be more than happy to share. Sorry about the bad video, took them on my one so 1 handed game play. Let me know and I can start posting.

I have them but be careful not to overdo the brightness b/c you lose the GI effects for the modes (all blue, all red, etc).

#6916 5 years ago

What do you mean by Door?

#6917 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Thanks Lloyd. I hope you get paid for all this knowledge and help you do on the forums!

Shhhhh don't let him think he's supposed to get Paid or he will stop helping! Checks in the mail LTG keep up the good work. Love you Lloyd....

#6918 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have them but be careful not to overdo the brightness b/c you lose the GI effects for the modes (all blue, all red, etc).

Completely agree. I continue to tweak mine. I also “attempted” to connect them to help accent the GI modes.

#6919 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What do you mean by Door?

The Constellation award book opened and the Door shot and symbol was shown.

@ zaphX ; Captains Quarters’s? Is that on the ship? What am I missing?

#6920 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh you're right!
Okay, has anyone put a Cliffy on for the Depths?

Yup, you can see it on the lip of “The Depths” hole. It’s under the Playfield protector...

3C2D490E-ABE5-4660-AB2E-CE23E4043806 (resized).jpeg3C2D490E-ABE5-4660-AB2E-CE23E4043806 (resized).jpeg
#6921 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

The Constellation award book opened and the Door shot and symbol was shown.
@ zaphX ; Captains Quarters’s? Is that on the ship? What am I missing?

Why am I not following? What is the door shot?

#6922 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Yup, you can see it on the lip of “The Depths” hole. It’s under the Playfield protector...
[quoted image]

Oh, nice work! Did you have to loosen or uninstall much to get it in there?

How do you like your playfield protector? Was that a factory installation or your own?

#6923 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

What did you hook into to get the flashers popping? I have the regular Pinstadium lights and it had a 2-wire tap-in connection, so it could only tap into 2 of the 4 colors on the playfield lights and that meant they were inactive half the time. So I opted to just hook into the spotlights. Since they're constantly white the Pinstadium lights don't interact with the game for me. Do the Fusions have a 4-wire-tap in to connect to the RGB LEDs to get the full interaction?

#6924 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

How do you like your playfield protector? Was that a factory installation or your own?

Just slide it in from the top. a little thin 3M double face tape on the inner Cliffy, would be a good idea.

JJP doesn’t install playfield protectors on POTC. so, you’ll have to do it yourself, or pay a tech to do it. I like the protection they give.

#6925 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I hope you get paid for all this knowledge and help you do on the forums!

My reward is in making my little corner of pinball a little bit better.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Checks in the mail LTG keep up the good work.

It will look good next to my gift at TPF.

#6926 5 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

What did you hook into to get the flashers popping? I have the regular Pinstadium lights and it had a 2-wire tap-in connection, so it could only tap into 2 of the 4 colors on the playfield lights and that meant they were inactive half the time. So I opted to just hook into the spotlights. Since they're constantly white the Pinstadium lights don't interact with the game for me. Do the Fusions have a 4-wire-tap in to connect to the RGB LEDs to get the full interaction?

The fusions have the regular Pinstadiums as well as 4 wire tap flasher light connection. I connected my regular Pinstadiums the same way as you but I connected my addional flashers to the RGB connections on the boards.

#6927 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

The fusions have the regular Pinstadiums as well as 4 wire tap flasher light connection. I connected my regular Pinstadiums the same way as you but I connected my addional flashers to the RGB connections on the boards.

Nice! Looked amazing in your video. That additional 4-wire flasher tap makes a big difference. Thanks.

#6928 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

These are from the CE thread if anyone missed it , best shooter mod I've seen .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would be interested. Who sells these? Super cool!

#6929 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

How many seizures do you have per game?
Or is it better in person?

#6930 5 years ago

Hey guys,

Audio:

I have some pretty strong vibration coming specifically from the lower left corner of the playfield (before the flippers). Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible something is rubbing against the sub on the bottom causing this vibration?

Clipping - Nothing unplayable or anything, but definitely enough to lessen my thrill a bit. And being an audiophile, pretty much unacceptable. Is clipping a somewhat reported issue?

Otherwise -- LOVING this game and I'll catch up on the posts that I missed before this one.

Back to playing!

#6931 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Just slide it in from the top. a little thin 3M double face tape on the inner Cliffy, would be a good idea.
JJP doesn’t install playfield protectors on POTC. so, you’ll have to do it yourself, or pay a tech to do it. I like the protection they give.

Best news I heard today, regarding that Cliffy! Other than Kaneda's and Joe's fun time at JJP today! Thank you!

#6932 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How many seizures do you have per game?
Or is it better in person?

Hmmmmm like 5 or so. I really need to put an epilepsy warning sticker on the game.

#6933 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The Cliffy for The Depths edge is springloaded and just slides on and clips in place without removing anything.

#6934 5 years ago

OMG!

I'm ACTUALLY starting to UNDERSTAND this game already...

It's so intuitive and everything is starting to make sense.

=)

#6935 5 years ago

Would AFM Remake be a nice addition in a 2 pin collection to couple with POTC?

Why or why not?

#6936 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Does anyone know if you can hook the Fusions into an RGB connection on the standard? If so I am in!

#6937 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Pretty SWEET man.

LOVE those flippers! They look so good on the CE naturally with all the green from Davy Jones.
Where can I find those??

#6938 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Pretty SWEET man.
LOVE those flippers! They look so good on the CE naturally with all the green from Davy Jones.
Where can I find those??

Thanks. They are the standard flipper rings in “glow”. Translucent is also a great look.
https://www.titanpinball.com

#6939 5 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Does anyone know if you can hook the Fusions into an RGB connection on the standard? If so I am in!

I’m not too familiar with any of the RGB differences between the CE, LE, and Standard but I don’t see why you couldn’t.

#6940 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Would AFM Remake be a nice addition in a 2 pin collection to couple with POTC?
Why or why not?

Yes, absolutely.
AFM complements POTC very well.
One has a very deep rule set the other a
One is a more simple non mode based game that is very fun, challenging and exciting.
AFM is a great change of pace to playing PoTC.

#6941 5 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Yes, absolutely.
AFM complements POTC very well.
One has a very deep rule set the other a
One is a more simple non mode based game that is very fun, challenging and exciting.
AFM is a great change of pace to playing PoTC.

I don't think I could have said it any better myself.
My mind set exactly...

#6942 5 years ago

Guys, I *MAY* be one of the lucky ones ... but let's see.

I don't have any errors on the report.

However, I did see that I had two "switch errors" both related to the closed ship. I don't know if it's an issue or if this is expected or I have an actual problem? I was able to fire the cannon (finally) and hit the ship and it seemed to go okay?

Maybe that's just the "state" the game is in since the last play.

I haven't the slightest clue honestly, but I'm hoping it's okay..

I have 46 game plays and have done NOTHING as of yet maintenance wise ... FWIW.

#6943 5 years ago

Okay I feel dumb I think ..

Here's what I'm talking about...
Well...I'm not actively in a game and know for a fact that I registered a hit on the target ship..

Thanks for listening and reconfirming in advance!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6944 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Well...I'm not actively in a game and know for a fact that I registered a hit on the target ship..
[quoted image]

go one menu father and push the dauntless ship to the left. Will clear first error. Drop ball in hole on ship to clear second error. You just haven't hit the ship in a certain number of games I bet.

#6945 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

go one menu father and push the dauntless ship to the left. Will clear first error. Drop ball in hole on ship to clear second error. You just haven't hit the ship in a certain number of games I bet.

Yup, mine did the same thing. Right after the game where I hit the load canon shot finally and fired it the errors cleared.

#6946 5 years ago

Thanks guys...

In other words, RTFM - ... Well, it turns out, I did.
A "bad switch" means that it has been inactive for the last 60 balls played.

Well, don't I feel better now.

Can someone comment on the below:

Quoted from joseph5185:

Hey guys,
Audio:
I have some pretty strong vibration coming specifically from the lower left corner of the playfield (before the flippers). Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible something is rubbing against the sub on the bottom causing this vibration?
Clipping - Nothing unplayable or anything, but definitely enough to lessen my thrill a bit. And being an audiophile, pretty much unacceptable. Is clipping a somewhat reported issue?
Otherwise -- LOVING this game and I'll catch up on the posts that I missed before this one.
Back to playing!

#6947 5 years ago

by vibration I mean static .. sorry about that...

#6948 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

[quoted image]

Your target ship is probably hanging on the wire loom behind the game. Unless you shift that over a smidge, you'll keep getting that error.

#6949 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Your target ship is probably hanging on the wire loom behind the game. Unless you shift that over a smidge, you'll keep getting that error.

Do you shift your looms towards the center, around the rear "blade" edges of the two ships? I have a feeling that was my issue resting the playfield back in. I kind of wish they had set channels or brackets to be held within, to some degree.

#6950 5 years ago

I think I pulled mine towards the center. It hasn't errored since.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 38.00
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Wanted
$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
There are 18,868 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/139?hl=lordhelmet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.