(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 41 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 378.
#6851 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Loose wires.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great troubleshooting!

#6852 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

For those that have switched the sling posts out for start posts, are you switching all 3 per side, or just 2 (top and bottom)?

I did the standard two star posts at the top and bottom of each sling and left the regular clear post in the back. There was some indentation into the PF from the factory post/clear washer combination, but no chipping on the PF there.

#6853 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Great troubleshooting!

See to me I don’t even see an issue, but that’s because I have no idea what I’m looking at or supposed to be looking at.

Terrifying!

#6854 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Also, how do you guys clean your glass?
Specifically, handle the glass. Obviously, the only part that "matters" is the underside glass that isn't accessible when on top of the playfield. So do you try to handle strictly from the sides, use gloves, etc?

I use Isopropyl alcohol and water. About 50/50 mixture in a spray bottle. Super cheap and works amazingly well.

#6855 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

I use Isopropyl alcohol and water. About 50/50 mixture in a spray bottle. Super cheap and works amazingly well.

Same, but I use distilled water. The 50/50 mix was suggested for Invisiglass cleaning.

#6856 5 years ago
Quoted from LordHelmet:

Quoted from zaphX:

Same, but I use distilled water. The 50/50 mix was suggested for Invisiglass cleaning.

I do the same, but I also add a few drops of Dawn dishwashing soap when I mix up a bottle. Been using this mix for 2-3 years now since I installed PDI glass in my games and it has worked great.

I also use the following (or equivalent) lint-free glass cleaning cloths:

https://www.amazon.com/Viking-Diamond-Weave-Microfiber-Windshield/dp/B001GJ9JT2/ref=sr_1_20

#6857 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

See to me I don’t even see an issue, but that’s because I have no idea what I’m looking at or supposed to be looking at.
Terrifying!

You sound like me. I usually take the glass off, lift the playfield and think “hmmmmmm nope, definitely don’t want to lick anything under there”.

#6858 5 years ago
Quoted from Energyspike:

I had the same issue with the mylar coming up on the map hole and when I went to put the cliffy on, I had a large chip at that spot. So large that the cliffy would not even cover it all. I could not bring myself to even take a pic of it, I was bummed.... For all who are hoping it will not happen, it's a roll of the dice. I ordered the cliffy's as soon as it was mentioned on this thread. I had about 1500 games played...

Ask Cliff to make a custom one that'll cover the wear for you. He's good people.

#6859 5 years ago

Felt very piratey today. Hit my first wizard mode- Dead Men Tell No Tales. I pretty much had to deal with a couple of pirates to nab this machine used, but very grateful I brought this monster game into my life.

IMG_20190404_174109 (resized).jpgIMG_20190404_174109 (resized).jpg

#6860 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Felt very piratey today. Hit my first wizard mode- Dead Men Tell No Tales. I pretty much had to deal with a couple of pirates to nab this machine used, but very grateful I brought this monster game into my life.
[quoted image]

Such a fun game isnt it .

#6861 5 years ago

Im finally figuring out the rules a bit myself. Completed a chapter today like I knew what I was doing

#6862 5 years ago

Scratch that just hit a 4 multi balls going. All balls on table. So fun only 400k points

#6863 5 years ago

Pulled off the slingshot posts and even though it had the plastic washer at the bottom it still looks like it sunk right into the clear. Putting star post on now.

Also had to bend back my 2x Target it was all the way jammed against the metal bracket for the Maelstrom ramp and had to tighten up the bracket there.

20190404_192924 (resized).jpg20190404_192924 (resized).jpg20190404_193417 (resized).jpg20190404_193417 (resized).jpg20190404_193941 (resized).jpg20190404_193941 (resized).jpg20190404_194323 (resized).jpg20190404_194323 (resized).jpg
#6864 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Pulled off the slingshot posts and even though it had the plastic washer at the bottom it still looks like it sunk right into the clear. Putting star post on now.
Also had to bend back my 2x Target it was all the way jammed against the metal bracket for the Maelstrom ramp and had to tighten up the bracket there.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What is your build date?

I have a POTC LE on order....JJP is supposedly waiting on parts, so, there's a delay. Maybe the delay will allow my playfield clear-coat to cure a bit. Hoping to not have this issue, but I already have clear star posts in hand, just in case.

#6865 5 years ago

This has me wondering if it’s over tightened posts or even loose posts that are moving excessively when ball hits it?

On the flipside, if it’s truly soft clear coat it makes me hesitant to put star posts down, might widen the damage/rippling around base.

#6866 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

What is your build date?
I have a POTC LE on order....JJP is supposedly waiting on parts, so, there's a delay. Maybe the delay will allow my playfield clear-coat to cure a bit. Hoping to not have this issue, but I already have clear star posts in hand, just in case.

Fairly recent build date I want to say March.

Would love an opinion on these star post before I leave them on long-term

#6867 5 years ago

Here's a new one, literally had a ball go missing lol. Theres one ball I can't find somewhere on or below the playfield. Lifted the game up and didn't hear anything. Manually pressed subway coils and they are not there, even with playfield lifted up.

Any really odd places the ball can get stuck?

#6868 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Any really odd places the ball can get stuck?

Under the black pearl.

LTG : )

#6869 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Under the black pearl.

Hmmm, don't see anything there. Stuck on top of the plastics or actually within the wiring harness under it?

Update: yup it was there lol, thank you

#6870 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hmmm, don't see anything there. Stuck on top of the plastics or actually within the wiring harness under it?
Update: yup it was there lol, thank you

I think someone mentioned putting a piece of loom over the wires there to fix that problem

#6871 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

I think someone mentioned putting a piece of loom over the wires there to fix that problem

I used to have this issue and resolved it by increasing the Black Pearl's VUK coil power up to max level. Apparently, balls weren't always making it up onto the upper playfield and in the course of tumbling back down, would end up caught among the mechs under it. Seemed to particularly occur during multiballs.

#6872 5 years ago

That makes sense.

#6873 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I did the standard two star posts at the top and bottom of each sling and left the regular clear post in the back. There was some indentation into the PF from the factory post/clear washer combination, but no chipping on the PF there.

I’m not following you here. What clear post in the back?

So you did star posts on the slings top and bottom, but left the middle (outside) post Alone?

Pictures?

#6874 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I used to have this issue and resolved it by increasing the Black Pearl's VUK coil power up to max level. Apparently, balls weren't always making it up onto the upper playfield and in the course of tumbling back down, would end up caught among the mechs under it. Seemed to particularly occur during multiballs.

Thanks for the tip! I've noticed this as well, will increase my Black Pearl VUK coil power. That likely led to the missing ball issue and it was while two multiballs were running.

On another note just started adding some mods to my game tonight from ModCouple and MezelMods. The Kraken, Black Pearl decking, Dauntless decking, Black Pearl cannon, and the gold lockdown plate all look like they came from the factory. Really helps bring the game alive even more than it already is stock. Damn this game is so cool!

#6875 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m not following you here. What clear post in the back?
So you did star posts on the slings top and bottom, but left the middle (outside) post Alone?
Pictures?

Yes, middle post on each side - the one away from the front of the slings I called "back".

#6876 5 years ago

Which size did you choose?

Quoted from AUKraut:

Seriously, this is for all POTC owners or other JJP pin owners: if you have not looked thru the manual (CD, PDF, or print), you owe it to yourself to take a good look thru it. It is the standard all other pin manuals should be judged by, there is a HUGE wealth of information in it, down to the smallest details with some awesome diagrams and pictures.

I would but mine is missing in my LE.... Gotta call my distro!

Quoted from AUKraut:

Here is my JJPOTC Titan order to convert all the flipper rubbers and Black pearl rubbers to Titans. I always buy a spare of each, and I also picked up some cabinet protectors for the flipper buttons (not needed for CEs):
Product Name Model Quantity Price Total
Titan Competition Silicone Rings
- Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Standard
- Ring Color: Red CS-FLIP-RD 5 $1.45 $7.25
- Ring Size: 7/16 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Black CS-716ID-BK 3 $0.80 $2.40
- Ring Size: 1 1/2 Inch ID
- Ring Color: Black CS-112ID-BK 3 $1.17 $3.51
- Ring Size: 3/8 O.D.
- Ring Color: Black CS-3D-BK 3 $0.68 $2.04 (should say C S - 3 8 O D - B K....damn emoji!)
- Ring Size: Flipper Ring - Mini
- Ring Color: Black CS-FLIPMINI-BK 4 $1.12 $4.48
Clear Cabinet Flipper Button Protector - Pair Cab Button Protector-Pair 1 $4.38 $4.38

This includes backup's for the slings as well, I'm assuming?

Quoted from LTG:

Nut driver, or quarter drive deep well sockets.

Thank you Lloyd!

#6877 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

I removed the Pearl today to solve all the switch problems and found out that the wires
Were broken off. I soldered them on and gave the wirelooms some space by cutting the tie-rips(?). Everything was pulling on the movement of the ship so the wires had no chance.
It took me some time but with the help from the video I felt I could do it. Its not easy and I found the rearranging part at the end the most difficult. When everything was off I took the moment to attach the Cliffy’s! After I had the Pearl back on and realized I forgot about that, so I could take all the wires out and start over again
Thanks for the protectors Passion for Pinball!! Great fit!!
Other problem:
The right spinner on the pearl was not registering and I found out that the black opto holder was broken so the optos did not align. I had no spare so I cut of a swich blade and with some strong glue I managed to make it work and strong enough to be able to align.
I hope I can get an new one somewhere but I have never seen these before.
Anybody know where to get them?
So, attaching the Pearl was a bit harder because of the ramp. But at the end all switches are working!! Really happy about that!!
Game on!
Thanks for all the tips and guidelines!
Peter
[quoted image][quoted image]

Which tie-rips did you cut specifically?

#6878 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:Which size did you choose?

I didn't actually buy any of these for my POTC as I prefer full plastics protectors; just providing a source as requested.

They're cheap though - buy some of each size, try them out, decide for yourself and keep the ones you don't use for potential future use on another game.

#6879 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Which size did you choose?

I would but mine is missing in my LE.... Gotta call my distro!

This includes backup's for the slings as well, I'm assuming?

Thank you Lloyd!

You download the manual from the JJP website. I believe only the CE models came with a manual.

#6880 5 years ago

Correct - printed manuals for CE only on pirates

#6881 5 years ago

Anyone having an issue where the 2x standup is registering the left ramp exit switch? It’s weird because switch test shows everything working fine, but during the game, if I have a shot lit on the ramp, the 2x target will just give it to me. And no, it’s not when I have the characters that spot shots when you hit a target.

#6882 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You download the manual from the JJP website. I believe only the CE models came with a manual.

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Correct - printed manuals for CE only on pirates

Oh, I know.... I mean the manual on CD isn't in my game.

I'll most likely print out the manual via Fedex Kinko's, and buy the JJP print copy later too, just for shits and giggles, along with extra plastics and stickers when they're available again.

#6883 5 years ago

What does the 2x target do if you push it in matrixes switch test?

#6884 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Second innings.. fork worked itself loose again.
Loctite failed this time but hoping that added lock-nuts will do the trick for the long haul.
Derek, Maybe you can add it to your allready comprehensive problem/fix list , good work!

steigerpijp what is the size of screws and lock nut you used?

#6885 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This could be pretty cool, looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks. The video aspect we're making custom CGI FX for it... its going to be like no mod you've ever seen before. We have created CGI FX for Marvel comics including Spider-Man dark ride and Incredible Hulk. So doing this is not that hard... we want to make the video part look like it was created for the game not an after thought. Obviously we can't sell the video but maybe we could put it up for download so you can snag it free. LOL

What we will offer is something that will totally replace the star map. The screen is going to be as big as the star map itself and the frame will be 3D printed. Once we create something we like we'll mold it so we can make multiples. We'll hand paint each one.

The screen we're adding has the ability for you to install any mini SD card you want, so you can play whatever video you want on it.

We'll have our video down, to show everyone in about 7 days.

The mod itself we'll have within that same time period.

Going to be pretty bad ass but FINALLY we can put to bed all the discussion about movie assets on the game.

We're also thinking about doing the same thing for ACDC, we'll make a stage with LED lights blinking. In the middle of that stage will be a massive screen, showing clips of the bad itself playing.

First things first... we're going do this Pirates.

#6886 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

steigerpijp what is the size of screws and lock nut you used?

The screws are the original, and i just had a look in my parts case to see what fits.
Its the same ones as on top of the plastics, ramps etc.

#6887 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Thanks. The video aspect we're making custom CGI FX for it... its going to be like no mod you've ever seen before. We have created CGI FX for Marvel comics including Spider-Man dark ride and Incredible Hulk. So doing this is not that hard... we want to make the video part look like it was created for the game not an after thought. Obviously we can't sell the video but maybe we could put it up for download so you can snag it free. LOL
What we will offer is something that will totally replace the star map. The screen is going to be as big as the star map itself and the frame will be 3D printed. Once we create something we like we'll mold it so we can make multiples. We'll hand paint each one.
The screen we're adding has the ability for you to install any mini SD card you want, so you can play whatever video you want on it.
Going to be pretty bad ass but FINALLY we can put to bed all the discussion about movie assets on the game.
We're also thinking about doing the same thing for ACDC, we'll make a stage with LED lights blinking. In the middle of that stage will be a massive screen, showing clips of the bad itself playing.

Will the video on the SD card play continuously or will it somehow be triggered by game events?

#6888 5 years ago

On the subject of what parts came with this pin, mine came with a spare set of sling plastics and rubbers, and also mylar playfield protectors for the slings. Was this standard?

#6889 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Thanks. The video aspect we're making custom CGI FX for it... its going to be like no mod you've ever seen before. We have created CGI FX for Marvel comics including Spider-Man dark ride and Incredible Hulk. So doing this is not that hard... we want to make the video part look like .

As an SE owner, I am definitely interested. Would be cool if it could simulate LE/CE original star map as well.

#6890 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Isn't that what NETFLIX is for?

#6891 5 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

... Going to be pretty bad ass but FINALLY we can put to bed all the discussion about movie assets on the game. ...

Sounds interesting - I look forward to seeing more on this!

I doubt that it will end the criticism regarding incorporation of movie assets though.

#6892 5 years ago

Last night we did an in-depth walkthrough of the rules and strategy behind JJPOTC. Here's the YouTube archive if you want to check it out!

#6893 5 years ago

I have a few flipper rebuild kits in my stash, does anyone know if any of the old williams or bally rebuild kits are the same as what are used in JJP games by chance?

#6894 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Last night we did an in-depth walkthrough of the rules and strategy behind JJPOTC. Here's the YouTube archive if you want to check it out!

thanks for posting that, very helpful and shows what an incredible game this is!

#6895 5 years ago

Waiting for my POTC LE to arrive. How difficult would it be to put a playfield protector in? Sadly mine comes without. Also - is it a good idea to install both cliffies and a PF protector? Thanks for any info!

#6896 5 years ago

These are from the CE thread if anyone missed it , best shooter mod I've seen .

IMG_20190406_024751 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024751 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024812 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024812 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024727 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024727 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024842 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024842 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024911 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_024911 (resized).jpg
#6897 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

These are from the CE thread if anyone missed it , best shooter mod I've seen .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

VERY COOL looking!

I just wished it worked with the trigger ala TS, IJ, etc. as I'm not a big fan of the "feel" of bulky irregular shooter rod knobs.

#6898 5 years ago

By far some of the most impressive work I have seen from a mod standpoint. I would love to have one on my LE.

My concerns are the same as several of you.

If the game was a launch button it would be perfect so having it be gun seems odd since the game is not.

Skill shot??

Large obtrusive shooter sticking out of the cabinet gets in the way in tight spaces

All that being said its fantastic and I would still like one but the price is just too much for me. And another problem if I did buy I have no idea which to get as they all look amazing!

#6899 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I have a few flipper rebuild kits in my stash, does anyone know if any of the old williams or bally rebuild kits are the same as what are used in JJP games by chance?

Basically, yes.

#6900 5 years ago

Reached Dead Mans chest wizard mode, super cool! If you pick Tia Dalama and focus on the chest to light Dead Mans Chest multiball as well as light movie 2 chapters for you to select using the character ability its certaintly doable. Won't spoil the mode but it was awesome having this separate set piece mode to activate in the game.

I enjoy reaching mini wizard modes but on a majority of games (including LOTR and WOZ) once you reach the mid wizard mode you either have to qualify everything again to light it a second time (which can feel repeitive) or go after the games super wizard mode which is extremely difficult to get to. With Pirates it's like having 5 Destory the Ring or 5 Battle the Wicked Witch mid wizard modes in the same game. Reach one and still have a ball or two to play? Go after one of the other 4. The ruleset design in Pirates offers so much variety while playing the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/138?hl=frydaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.