(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 378.
#6751 5 years ago

OMG Guys ...

First attempt at adjusting the shooter plate/assesmbly/whatever ...

Snapped it like 3 times and NO vibration whatsoever ..

=)

#6752 5 years ago

And got the topper going thanks to @zaphx.

I opted to do it the "hard" way and actually connect those wires behind the speaker..

It was fun...but it's done!

#6753 5 years ago

zaphX

Well unfortunately...

My black pearl is no longer running.

So I managed to fix a couple things and break something else.
All I did essentially was lift the playfield straight up and rest against the back box to get to the shooter assembly and when reseating .. I no longer have a rocking black pearl ..

=(

#6754 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

zaphx
Well unfortunately...
My black pearl is no longer running.
So I managed to fix a couple things and break something else.
All I did essentially was lift the playfield straight up and rest against the back box to get to the shooter assembly and when reseating .. I no longer have a rocking black pearl ..
=(

Wow! Sorry to hear that! Hope you get it going again. Such a shame JJP’s customers have to be fixing all these issues right out of the box!

#6755 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Wow! Sorry to hear that! Hope you get it going again. Such a shame JJP’s customers have to be fixing all these issues right out of the box!

So it's kinda odd right.

I can see the sort of rectangular slot where the ship sinks down on the left side. When I try to push down on the left side I basically can't get the ship to budge. It's almost as if something is blocking the movement..

=/

#6756 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Based on all the machines I’ve seen, I’d say the left/right is intentional.

I concur, the ship rocks more to the left than the right. Otherwise all the balls would go overboard Arrrrrr.

#6757 5 years ago

Sorry to everyone who recently got NIB games with so many unacceptable issues out of the box. If I were you, I would raise a stink with JJP (and also let your distributor know). Reversed flippers? Light boards not plugged in or connected properly? No excuse for that.

Just as a reference, I am feeling pretty lucky and have not had any major issues with my machine. I've owned it for 3 weeks now with a manufactured date of 02/07/2019. I had a couple minor adjustments to make (like bending up the spotlight by the extra ball shot because the ball was getting stuck there), but that is the extent of it (*knock on wood*).

Hope those of you having issues get a proper and gratifying response from JJP. QC is clearly an issue right now, but it seems like from most of the threads I've read JJP takes care of their customers. Not excusing them, but hopefully they make it right.

Game is amazing! Hope the NIB issues don't spoil it for anyone in the long run!

#6758 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

This Marco item will resolve that issue.. your balls are magnetized, and get hung up in the metal trough. I had the same issue, and this resolved it.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

Appreciate the help, thanks....

Why do we think so many of us out experiencing this magnetization issue?
I’ve had other games and I don’t think I’ve ever heard of this problem to such an extent.

#6759 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

Fixing to go balls deep in this manual and figure some of this shit out

Not only a candidate for post of the month but this sentence alone could summarize 75% of this thread unfortunately.

#6760 5 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

Appreciate the help, thanks....
Why do we think so many of us out experiencing this magnetization issue?
I’ve had other games and I don’t think I’ve ever heard of this problem to such an extent.

I believe the culprit is the Star Map/Character select magnet. that magnet fires too long and makes the ball bounce around for an extended period of time. that is what I think is causing magnetization more easily... the Black Pearl loading magnet only fires for a second compared to the Star Map magnet.

I am trying these balls from Marco:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116-5

They are supposedly less likely to magnetize.
I’ve only have them in for a few days...so far, so good...I will report back in a couple of weeks. 4 dollars a ball is pricey...they come in a 5 pack for 19.99

#6761 5 years ago

I never even opened the JJP balls and instead went with these from Marco. I use them in all my pins without any magnetization issues.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB116

Edit: just realized these are the same as Pinzzz recommended.

#6762 5 years ago

Back at it..

So "basically" the pin is stock at the top:

zaphX
I saw in your guide where you have to loosen some screws and this pin should never touch the top or bottom so that the ship can move freely.
All I had to do was take the playfield out once and put it back in to mess this up.

Seems really weird that I would have tightened the screws by doing this unless I didn't quite get the pf in right even though it locked in place and everything.

I can take a picture from underneath as well if it helps.

black_pearl_pin_issue (resized).pngblack_pearl_pin_issue (resized).png

#6763 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Back at it..
So "basically" the pin is stock at the top:
zaphx
I saw in your guide where you have to loosen some screws and this pin should never touch the top or bottom so that the ship can move freely.
All I had to do was take the playfield out once and put it back in to mess this up.
Seems really weird that I would have tightened the screws by doing this unless I didn't quite get the pf in right even though it locked in place and everything.
I can take a picture from underneath as well if it helps.
[quoted image]

Is the motor that rocks the Pearl fully secured? Tightened down properly?

#6764 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Never mind. In testing that motor, make sure the post to which the Pearl attaches doesn't hit the top or bottom of the slot. If it does, adjust appropriately.

#6765 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Does the black pearl "sail" when the game is idle ... before a game?
I thought it did rock when it was idle .. mine is not doing this.

#6766 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Does the black pearl "sail" when the game is idle ... before a game?
I thought it did rock when it was idle .. mine is not doing this.

I don't own one, but during the DeadFlip stream it didn't start listing back and forth until a game was started.

#6767 5 years ago

I'm using stock balls. No issues.

#6768 5 years ago

So okay..

When i boot it up, the black pearl is lit. It even tilts side to side.
I *THINK* that's a pretty good sign.

Isn't there some sort of ship calibration test that I can run or something?

If only not rocking during gameplay, then I'm concerned I'm doing something wrong when I insert or something.

Also, I found this in the back of the game on the cabinet floor:

2019-04-04 (resized).jpg2019-04-04 (resized).jpg
#6769 5 years ago

Actually, now that I have had sleep, let’s do this..

Let’s turn off.
Put the play field back.
See if I get the same action on the black pearl when it starts up.
If I do, then theoretically I should be “good.”

I’ll report back.

#6770 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

So okay..
When i boot it up, the black pearl is lit. It even tilts side to side.
I *THINK* that's a pretty good sign.
Isn't there some sort of ship calibration test that I can run or something?
If only not rocking during gameplay, then I'm concerned I'm doing something wrong when I insert or something.
Also, I found this in the back of the game on the cabinet floor:[quoted image]

It’s not uncommon to find a bonus screw now and then. Throw it in your coin box. You may find a use for it one day, you may not.

#6771 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It’s not uncommon to find a bonus screw now and then. Throw it in your coin box. You may find a use for it one day, you may not.

Haha .. Fair enough! =)

#6772 5 years ago

A note regarding issues with balls becoming magnetized. The plastic trough shim will help prevent magnetism issues in the ball trough. However, the interior of the chest ball lock where the balls rest on is metal which can be prone to magnetism. I wonder if putting down some mylar in the chest would help?

I'm using Pinball Life Super Shiny balls and they are becoming magnetized in the chest lock. I need to check the level of the game as well as I'm sure if it's lower on the right back side that it will impact how easily balls drop out of the chest.

Other then that my 2/4 built game is playing perfectly (knock on wood). Once I got the game leveled I was amazed at well it plays. The spinning disk also grabs the ball a good amount and throws it around much better then the triple disk mech did on a prototype game I played.

#6775 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

I found a new topper
amazon.com link »

Has anyone tried a demagnetizer with pinballs?

#6776 5 years ago

Looks like it is moving good. You can go into system test and find the ship test and calibrate it. I am pulling up the manual now on it.

#6777 5 years ago

Regarding playfield 'tightness' and 'fit', ensure the game is leveled and also check to make sure the legs aren't bent (from shipping?).

#6778 5 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Regarding playfield 'tightness' and 'fit', ensure the game is leveled and also check to make sure the legs aren't bent (from shipping?).

I do need to make a slight adjustment to the leveling. It seemed like sort of rocking side to side as I was pushing in/down on the playfield got it to go in easily enough.

I see these two pieces of mylar for the lock bar. What exactly does this do again?
Also, I have two longer rounded ish pieces of mylar. Not sure about that either.

I just noticed this game doesn't have art blades.
Kinda assumed the CE would.

#6779 5 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6780 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

[quoted image]

Thanks!

Let's give it a shot and see what happens...

#6781 5 years ago

The mylar for the lock bar keeps your rails from scratching.
I believe the rounded mylar is for the chapter start area.

#6782 5 years ago

I just went though the ship leveling process. Do the full range test and make sure its not hitting the slot anywhere. Stop Motion Move Home and see where its at. If its leaning left and not pretty close to level it still needs adjusting. once you get home close to level do the move left and move right and make sure they look good as well (leaning a bit left on move left and a smidge right on move right) Then check full motion again. After that I did the force recalibration and everythign has been good since

#6783 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Got it!

So I did the "full run" for the ship diagnositcs and it just rocked back and forth.
It said the slowest motor speed = 5.

I wasn't sure it was going to stop running so I decided to end it.

It seems happy...

#6784 5 years ago
Quoted from GnarLee:

(ive become quite familiar with them rebuilding a F-14

I am working on my restore of F-14 too. Just waiting on my PF to come back from clear coating.

#6785 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Got it!
So I did the "full run" for the ship diagnositcs and it just rocked back and forth.
It said the slowest motor speed = 5.
I wasn't sure it was going to stop running so I decided to end it.
It seems happy...

Got the same results when I ran the ship calibration, slowest motor speed = 5. The test does eventually timeout and stop.

#6786 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Got the same results when I ran the ship calibration, slowest motor speed = 5. The test does eventually timeout and stop.

Good to know.

I'm BLOWN away with this owner's manual that comes with CE btw.
My gosh!

Trying to apply these mylars now and then maybe actually play a game or 2. =)

#6787 5 years ago
Quoted from Demwyn:

Sure... Same mylars and same way as attached on my DI LE lockbar
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is this not the outside of the lock bar?
I would think the mylar would be attached on the inside.

#6788 5 years ago

This is a post on Facebook from Buffalo Pinball.

Tonight on "Bro, do you even pinball?", we're doing a Bro Battle Royale on Jersey Jack's Pirates of the Caribbean! Extensive tutorial by Jay Fairbrother. 8pm Eastern. www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#6789 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

This is a post on Facebook from Buffalo Pinball.
Tonight on "Bro, do you even pinball?", we're doing a Bro Battle Royale on Jersey Jack's Pirates of the Caribbean! Extensive tutorial by Jay Fairbrother. 8pm Eastern. www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball

What time/time zone?

#6790 5 years ago

Quick question. I see the ball hits the playfield rather hard when it comes out of the shooter rail. Is there a good amount of mylar put down at the factory to protector that area? Also, any concerns of damage on the playfield or plastic when the ball falls off the Pearl?

#6791 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Quick question. I see the ball hits the playfield rather hard when it comes out of the shooter rail. Is there a good amount of mylar put down at the factory to protector that area? Also, any concerns of damage on the playfield or plastic when the ball falls off the Pearl?

Shooter drop area is mylar. Man overboard area is a sticker on top of metal over the wood rail, so ball falls onto a metal area.

#6792 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Shooter drop area is mylar. Man overboard area is a sticker on top of metal over the wood rail, so ball falls onto a metal area.

Awesome, thanks! Still trying to get the cannon shot down on the Pearl, what a tough shot!

#6793 5 years ago

If it's not too much to ask..

Can I get a quick recap of where you have used mylar to include the two squares as well as the two "odd-shaped" pieces?

Again, I LOVE it and first time owner here.
Just trying to be "kinda" careful

Thanks!!

=)

#6794 5 years ago

When putting key posts at the beginning of the thread, does this need to be done by the op?
We could definitely use some more key posts since this thread is becoming longer by the minute!!

#6795 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

What time/time zone?

It is in the post 8pm Eastern

#6796 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

When putting key posts at the beginning of the thread, does this need to be done by the op?
We could definitely use some more key posts since this thread is becoming longer by the minute!!

I'd say not to start an "owners club" thread if you're not going to help manage the key posts. Maybe if a "owner" is one of the moderators, they could help with that. ???

#6797 5 years ago
Quoted from FryDaddy:

It is in the post 8pm Eastern

Derp. Clearly I haven’t had my coffee yet.

#6798 5 years ago

The key post thing is something I have been shouting about for some time. I wish robin would make a “suggest key post” system.
There are some key posts in this thread, most of them is a head scratcher how they became a key post.

#6799 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Pretty sure the curved Mylar is for up on the pearl where it comes out of vuk, it fits there perfectly. I’m assuming this is the one your talking about. I cut my own for the chapter start since I didn’t see a piece big enough supplied.

#6800 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

If it's not too much to ask..
Can I get a quick recap of where you have used mylar to include the two squares as well as the two "odd-shaped" pieces?

Mine came with two half-circle mylar pieces which I placed in front of the slings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/136?hl=frydaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.