(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,875 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Mrsiyufy
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 378.
#6501 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Looks almost like a protector for the switch stacks, and underside of pearl. Also so the ball won't be chance get under there while the ship is moving. I have not had this happen yet.

Exactly this. Great idea, especially for ops, as this is a glass-pulling situation for sure. We've had it happen a couple of times on airballs and cannon shots. Really glad this will be available.

#6502 5 years ago

I figured out the random character select. You REALLY need to be fast with the right flipper.

I just entered my new high score on here. How do you delete an older score? I always do that when I enter a new one, but can't seem to figure it out now.

#6503 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So JJP is really out of disc decals?
I’d like to have an extra as well.

Out of stock...

http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-Parts/

#6504 5 years ago

I emailed JJP about plastic and decal restocks for Pirates, they didn’t give me a date but said they will be restocked soon. I’ll post in here when I see them back in stock.

#6505 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

What exactly is the need for this? Is it that the ball bounces back from hitting the Dauntless on a canon shot and can damage the underside of the Pearl?

Correct.

#6506 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I figured out the random character select. You REALLY need to be fast with the right flipper.
I just entered my new high score on here. How do you delete an older score? I always do that when I enter a new one, but can't seem to figure it out now.

How EXACTLY do you do random select?

I use random select pretty much EVERY chance I get. I love randomness .. haha

#6507 5 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

How EXACTLY do you do random select?
I use random select pretty much EVERY chance I get. I love randomness .. haha

Hold left flip and tap right 5x as fast as you can.

I played this way yesterday, and I set a new GC score and had several other really good games.

#6508 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Hold left flip and tap right 5x as fast as you can.
I played this way yesterday, and I set a new GC score and had several other really good games.

Would be cool if there's an option added to the game to always enable random character select. This would be a fun setting to leave enabled when having friends and family over or for league nights.

#6509 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Would be cool if there's an option added to the game to always enable random character select. This would be a fun setting to leave enabled when having friends and family over or for league nights.

I may be wrong but pretty sure Keith said there was a way to disable character selection in settings. I personally love the select option but everyone has a different taste.

#6510 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I may be wrong but pretty sure Keith said there was a way to disable character selection in settings. I personally love the select option but everyone has a different taste.

Correct, it's called blind character select:

Blind Character Select: specify whether to allow the player to select their character or have
the software randomly select the player's character (at the beginning of a game).
YES: randomly select player's character Default: NO
NO: allow player to select character

#6511 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Correct, it's called blind character select:
Blind Character Select: specify whether to allow the player to select their character or have
the software randomly select the player's character (at the beginning of a game).
YES: randomly select player's character Default: NO
NO: allow player to select character

Sweet! Thank you. Glad to hear that option is already in the game.

Looking forward to seeing what has been added and changed with the next software update. It's coming up on 4 months since the last update, wonder if the team has been prepping a big update for the game before they move onto the next game.

#6512 5 years ago

Is there a mode where the spot lights are off on the Black Pearl? I played a game yesterday the the spots went off when I shot a ball on the Pearl and came back on when the ball left the Pearl.

#6513 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Is there a mode where the spot lights are off on the Black Pearl? I played a game yesterday the the spots went off when I shot a ball on the Pearl and came back on when the ball left the Pearl.

I don’t believe so. I have found the spots to be extremely flaky. They can be tweaked or replaced, see the notes on http://tinyurl.com/potcfixes

#6514 5 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

I've noticed the lights (including target lights) on the Pearl turn off when, as a result of the ball getting kicked up to the Pearl, the Curse of the Black Pearl multiball gets qualified. I'm not sure what conditions have to be met for it to happen (x number of left loop shots or x number of times getting a ball on the Pearl maybe). But when this happens no target lights are on while I hit the ball around on the Pearl playfield. Then, like you said, the lights go back on when the ball exits the Pearl, but then the light indicating the multiball is qualified is flashing. Seems to just be an indicator that the multiball has been qualified. I could be wrong though.

#6515 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I don’t believe so. I have found the spots to be extremely flaky. They can be tweaked or replaced, see the notes on http://tinyurl.com/potcfixes

Thanks for that link, but annoying that's in iCloud pages. Why not just put it in a PDF? So much less hassle.

#6516 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for that link, but annoying that's in iCloud pages. Why not just put it in a PDF? So much less hassle.

I agree...

I can't get it to print at all

#6517 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Eh, I used what was dirt-simple for me at the time. Honestly I wanted to put all this on pinwiki but they never “approved” my login to do so.
I’m moving this week and I will do something first-class with it after I get moved.

#6518 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I agree...

I just realized that I can save it as a pdf.

#6519 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I agree...

Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from zaphX:

Eh, I used what was dirt-simple for me at the time. Honestly I wanted to put all this on pinwiki but they never “approved” my login to do so.
I’m moving this week and I will do something first-class with it after I get moved.

There's an option to download a copy and save it PDF, click the wrench icon see the download option and from there the formats it can be saved as.

#6520 5 years ago

Finally broke 2mm. Arrr!

#6521 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Finally broke 2mm. Arrr!

2mm?

#6522 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's an option to download a copy and save it PDF, click the wrench icon see the download option and from there the formats it can be saved as.

Thanks for that. I'll do it right away. We should probably start a jjPotC troubleshooting/solutions thread and make that post 1 with a portable PDF attached that can be taken along with. There are enough niggly issues with jjPotC it would be nice to have all the solutions and conversation about potential solutions in one place for new owners.

#6524 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for that. I'll do it right away. We should probably start a jjPotC troubleshooting/solutions thread and make that post 1 with a portable PDF attached that can be taken along with. There are enough niggly issues with jjPotC it would be nice to have all the solutions and conversation about potential solutions in one place for new owners.

Seems redundant. This thread is - bar none - the best place for solutions to issues with Pirates. I can't think of an issue I've seen that hasn't been covered in this thread so far.

#6525 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Seems redundant. This thread is - bar none - the best place for solutions to issues with Pirates. I can't think of an issue I've seen that hasn't been covered in this thread so far.

Problem is, it's mixed in with general conversation. A dedicated issue thread would be a faster read for new owners.

#6526 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Problem is, it's mixed in with general conversation. A dedicated issue thread would be a faster read for new owners.

zaphX has already started an issues doc that he linked to in this thread, check in the key posts index above......

#6527 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Agreed. Plus zaphx did all that work to create a nice help reference guide for anyone looking for a solution. No need for new issues threads in my opinion.

#6528 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

search function.

#6529 5 years ago

It's not that effective, especially if you don't know what the issue is called/posted as.

#6530 5 years ago

I promise I will clean this stuff up as soon as I get my move completed.

#6531 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just my 2 cents, but I'm guessing general conversation would also end up getting mixed into a newly created separate thread. I like having the one thread to keep up with and search. I also think keeping it as link to a live document that can be added to and updated is better than a pdf posted to the site that would have to be re-posted over and over to the thread for every update. Again, just my thought. Setting up this document with access for us has been a big deal and a tremendous help. Thanks zaphX!

#6532 5 years ago

This was fun.

20190401_172924 (resized).jpg20190401_172924 (resized).jpg
#6533 5 years ago

Question- the shooter rod doesn't appear to be "long enough" to rest the ball high enough on the rubber tip for the autoplunger to hit the ball effectively. Other than "pushing up" on the rubber, a makeshift solution but not a great one, how do I fix?

IMG_20190401_132112 (resized).jpgIMG_20190401_132112 (resized).jpg
#6534 5 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Question- the shooter rod doesn't appear to be "long enough" to rest the ball high enough on the rubber tip for the autoplunger to hit the ball effectively. Other than "pushing up" on the rubber, a makeshift solution but not a great one, how do I fix?
[quoted image]

Can you shoot the ball? Or is this just an observation. As the ball is round not square I suspect it comes close enough to the shooter tip.

#6535 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can you shoot the ball? Or is this just an observation. As the ball is round not square I suspect it comes close enough to the shooter tip.

Yes- i can shoot the ball, but the autoplunger is making too much physical contact with the ball at rest in the shooter lane without "choking down" the rubber tip like 3/4 off the rod.

#6536 5 years ago

My black pearl speeds up, slows down and now is also stopping.

Its like it all the sudden works and then dies.

Help is appreciated

#6537 5 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Help is appreciated

Double check the back linkage of the Pearl to make sure the screws haven't backed out of the linkage. Check the Topic Image Gallery above, there are several pics of that rear linkage, and all have links back to post on different things to check if the Pearl isn't rocking correctly.

#6538 5 years ago

[quoted image]

If you pull and release on the shooter with no ball, does the autoplunger bracket tick forward (it's being hit by the shooter rod)?

#6539 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

No need to push yourself while getting a move in! I'm sure many have said it here before, but you, and many in this thread, do an amazing job helping spread info and advice.

Quoted from PinMonk:

If you pull and release on the shooter with no ball, does the autoplunger bracket tick forward (it's being hit by the shooter rod)?

Mine might. Is that an issue if it does?

#6540 5 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Help is appreciated

Covered in the doc http://tinyurl.com/potcfixes

#6541 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

No need to push yourself while getting a move in! I'm sure many have said it here before, but you, and many in this thread, do an amazing job helping spread info and advice.

It retards the energy of the rod, so it can be an issue. Either your shooter rod was installed too high or the playfield hanger hooks are bending. Hogbog said this (hooks bending from the weight of the PF) is fixed (it was a real problem on Hobbit and Dialed In), but I'm not so sure, because I think the jjPotC here is starting to have the same issue.

#6542 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

If the ball is plunging no it’s not an issue. If the auto plunger throws the ball not an issue. Any other occurrence doesn’t matter as long as they are doing what they were designed to do.

#6543 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

If the ball is plunging no it’s not an issue. If the auto plunger throws the ball not an issue. Any other occurrence doesn’t matter as long as they are doing what they were designed to do.

This isn't true. If it's retarding energy off the shooter rod, it makes it hard to gauge the amount of pull needed to hit the skill shot, often from shot to shot (since the amount of nicking varies). It absolutely matters if you want to do skill shots.

#6544 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This isn't true. If it's retarding energy off the shooter rod, it makes it hard to gauge the amount of pull needed to hit the skill shot, often from shot to shot (since the amount of nicking varies). It absolutely matters if you want to do skill shots.

No movement of the autoplunger from the shooter rod.

#6545 5 years ago

No movement of the autoplunger from the shooter rod.

Sounds like that's not your issue, then. Try slo-mo filming with your camera phone. It can often highlight the problem.

#6546 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It retards the energy of the rod, so it can be an issue. Either your shooter rod was installed too high or the playfield hanger hooks are bending. Hogbog said this (hooks bending from the weight of the PF) is fixed (it was a real problem on Hobbit and Dialed In), but I'm not so sure, because I think the jjPotC here is starting to have the same issue.

Just plunged half a dozen times. No movement. Phew!

Glad to hear all that info from everyone though!

#6547 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I was simply offering Wesman a simple answer to a simple question. No sense creating a possible worrisome issue that’s not really there. I felt bad watching the dozen posts dismantling the lock bar only to find a simple bad staple. I recall he went through some troubles with Houdini so I suspect he’s not a seasons pinball tech just yet. In time yes, for now it’s best to not over analize mechanics and make fun complicated. Just my thought hoping to see a Pirates owner simply enjoy the game not diagnos it.

#6548 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I was simply offering Wesman a simple answer to a simple question. No sense creating a possible worrisome issue that’s not really there. I felt bad watching the dozen posts dismantling the lock bar only to find a simple bad staple. I recall he went through some troubles with Houdini so I suspect he’s not a seasons pinball tech just yet. In time yes, for now it’s best to not over analize mechanics and make fun complicated. Just my thought hoping to see a Pirates owner simply enjoy the game not diagnos it.

I understand the why, and I'm down with that in a PM direct to him, but as a general post other people will read it and have the wrong idea. Just trying to keep the information strictly true.

#6549 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No worries on either side. I'm at the point where I'm realizing pinball tables are organic beasts. I've bookmarked possible issues and solutions for the past month or more in this thread alone, all in preparation of receiving this game. It's a weird hobby where unless you're willing to let a game sit with issues and get dusty, or pay someone however many buckos an hour, you have to be ready to learn, and take some lumps.

Multiple times, I've had am issue arise, felt utterly defeated and like this renting a game for $1 was the better solution, but upon asking questions, researching, and being patient I've overcome most issues so far, and that frustration has melted and turned into a sense of pride I don't often have in my daily life.

And oddly, that staple wasn't affecting the glass, but bending the lockdown bar helped immediately. One never knows a solution until it's explored, and often understood through the eyes of someone more experienced. Which...folks like you both help exceedingly in that regard!

Quoted from PinMonk:

I understand the why, and I'm down with that in a PM direct to him, but as a general post other people will read it and have the wrong idea. Just trying to keep the information strictly true.

I appreciate everyone's help. I basically assume some issues might be present now or in the future, so listening and checking and learning is always a priority for me.

#6550 5 years ago

I just ordered one of these today; any summary of "must do" fixes on day one? (mylar, cliffy's, anything?).

I ordered the silicone washers from the Fix Guide, but not sure what else to get within reason. I expect some wear and tear, but I remember reading about concerns re: the map area where the balls bounce, scoop chipping etc; it sounded like some cliffy's came with recent versions of the game?

Any help is appreciated!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/131?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.