(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 11,457 posts
  • 438 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Yelobird
  • Topic is favorited by 213 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,040 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3791 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20190722-115047_Messenger (resized).jpg
61EF3B68-58CB-4724-8409-0B434C623708 (resized).jpeg
B496E573-AC28-4F5F-A642-2329BE18427C (resized).jpeg
8D50ED29-392F-4861-B716-CEF06D271C37 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
00D27B8A-36B3-4391-A494-F23CBDD8D8AA (resized).jpeg
2DD66756-7F51-4F2F-92DD-701C9480773D (resized).jpeg
B6B35AD9-568A-4B01-94BD-4F3BCBA32E86 (resized).jpeg
FCE3918E-5DA5-4342-8D21-8809E2F397F6 (resized).jpeg
20190720_135608 (resized).jpg
20190720_140441 (resized).jpg
20190720_135637 (resized).jpg
20190720_135551 (resized).jpg
20190720_135535 (resized).jpg
20190720_135528 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 11457 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 230.
#6351 3 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It added a second player with 3 balls.

I think this is a setting, but i can't find it in the menu. They talked on the stream about adding a player whenever.

#6352 3 months ago

Can anyone tell me the width of the game with the backbox removed? Similarly, can anyone tell me the height of the cabinet with the backbox removed? Trying to work out if I can get one in - I have to remove the heads of every game but never tried to get a wide body in before!

#6353 3 months ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I made the subway fix for multi subway drains, but I am still getting multiple balls stuck. I also noticed a screw was missing (as seen in photo) and put that in. Still getting stuck. Does the photo of my fix look correct? Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

Any other suggestions on this? I made the subway fix, but still running into the multi drain issue. My wife loves it because it makes multi balls easier, but I hate hearing ball search when I'm playing other games.

#6354 3 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is this odd?....
Yesterday, I was playing a one player game. I just drained ball #2 and accidentally hit the start button. It added a second player with 3 balls. Can't you usually only add players during ball 1 on most games? Maybe I've just never done that before.

That is the reserve ball setting. Someone can join the player rotation at any time - up to 4 players of course. If in a multi-player game and you get an extra ball, you don't play that ball until it is your turn again. Once one player runs out of balls, just the other players remain in the game. High score initials still have to wait until the end of the last player's last ball.

You can turn off that setting if you wish to.

#6355 3 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is this odd?....
Yesterday, I was playing a one player game. I just drained ball #2 and accidentally hit the start button. It added a second player with 3 balls. Can't you usually only add players during ball 1 on most games? Maybe I've just never done that before.

This is the "Balls in Reserve" option in the settings. It allows just what you are talking about. At any point, someone else can join the game. You also never play two balls in a row. Even if you get an extra ball, you alternate players until there are no balls left. It is a nice feature.

sorry, took a phone call while typing and it looks like King beat me to it.

#6356 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

iPhone slow-mo is endlessly useful for diagnosing these issues, so yeah, do that. There's quite a bit of play in that deflector before you tighten it down, so it may just be tightened 5 degrees off angle.

I finally got around to fixing the issue with the ball bouncing out rather than into the map hole. I replaced the deflector with the extended version, adjusted the deflector position, bent the cliffy slightly to keep it flush, and applied new double-stick adhesive. Not sure which of those resolved the problem but the ball drops perfectly now. Side note; when I originally installed the cliffy it was lifting slightly on the right side because as it turns out, the original factory playfield protector around the hole was not installed well and peeled up (I've since removed it).

I also added clear washers to the base of the sling posts (second pic) - not sure if this is necessary but it was an easy precaution against the narrow posts damaging the playfield over time. Also added larger clear washer below the leading corner of the plastic to protect against impacts.
20190328_184328 (resized).jpg20190328_190325 (resized).jpg

#6357 3 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

This is the "Balls in Reserve" option in the settings. It allows just what you are talking about. At any point, someone else can join the game. You also never play two balls in a row. Even if you get an extra ball, you alternate players until there are no balls left. It is a nice feature.
sorry, took a phone call while typing and it looks like King beat me to it.

So many pirate Kings lol.

#6358 3 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I finally got around to fixing the issue with the ball bouncing out rather than into the map hole. I replaced the deflector with the extended version, adjusted the deflector position, bent the cliffy slightly to keep it flush, and applied new double-stick adhesive. Not sure which of those resolved the problem but the ball drops perfectly now. Side note; when I originally installed the cliffy it was lifting slightly on the right side because as it turns out, the original factory playfield protector around the hole was not installed well and peeled up (I've since removed it).
I also added clear washers to the base of the sling posts (second pic) - not sure if this is necessary but it was an easy precaution against the narrow posts damaging the playfield over time.[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you find the clear washers, I think I like that look better than the star posts.

#6359 3 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I also added clear washers to the base of the sling posts (second pic) - not sure if this is necessary but it was an easy precaution against the narrow posts damaging the playfield over time. Also added larger clear washer below the leading corner of the plastic to protect against impacts.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the new ball deflector? Do you have the part number?

#6360 3 months ago

What is the clear disc on the tortuga hole scoop designed for?

#6361 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Where did you find the clear washers, I think I like that look better than the star posts.

https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html

#6363 3 months ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Where did you get the new ball deflector? Do you have the part number?

Ordered from JJP; Snubber Brkt, Extended LPN 10-3001-01

#6364 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What size did you go with? 3/4?

Yes, 3/4. But I'd suggest ordering all three sizes, never know when you'll need these

#6365 3 months ago

I think you can also get these at hardware stores too. They look like nylon washers. Good tips!

Man, moving pinball tables is always frightening stuff. They can be so unwieldy on a dolly, and wheel size seems to be integral for higher level steps too.

I think this is not my Pirate Ghost typing this from either the grave....or the hospital. Yet!

#6366 3 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

I think you can also get these at hardware stores too. They look like nylon washers. Good tips!
Man, moving pinball tables is always frightening stuff. They can be so unwieldy on a dolly, and wheel size seems to be integral for higher level steps too.
I think this is not my Pirate Ghost typing this from either the grave....or the hospital. Yet!

And those JJP wide-body games are HEAVY too.

#6367 3 months ago

Joining the club...can anyone help point me to a list of must have mods? What are favorites?

#6368 3 months ago

I went with Kraken, lockdown coins, and canon.

#6369 3 months ago

I installed legs without using the provided leg protectors. Didn’t know I was supposed to put them in between cabinet and legs. Should I take apart and reinstall with them, or not a big deal and leave it. Thanks

#6370 3 months ago
Quoted from slavin20:

I installed legs without using the provided leg protectors. Didn’t know I was supposed to put them in between cabinet and legs. Should I take apart and reinstall with them, or not a big deal and leave it. Thanks

I would install them.

#6371 3 months ago

Just carefully do one leg at a time and balance the weight. That'll work fine.

#6372 3 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I went with Kraken, lockdown coins, and canon.

I'd add in the railings for the Dauntless.

#6373 3 months ago

And the dog! The lighted drain is also good. Really dark there.
slavin20 if you have a stable chair you could use that as well. I use a bar stool my father in law re furbed. Worked well for installing rear legs and when I installed my leg lights from mustangpaul

#6374 3 months ago
0A9B5F34-114B-4DBA-96CD-6F369371B7A3 (resized).jpeg
#6375 3 months ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'd add in the railings for the Dauntless.

I saw those on a game they are very nice.

#6376 3 months ago
Quoted from estrader:

Joining the club...can anyone help point me to a list of must have mods? What are favorites?

Almost everything on The Mod Couple site for the game, Mezel Mods' Black Pearl deck mod, Lermods chest light, and a set of pinblades (take your pick).

#6377 3 months ago

Oh - and a subwoofer and a set of Brite-Mods lit flipper buttons.

#6378 3 months ago

And a PinGulp.

#6379 3 months ago

Shameless plug for sidelights

9DFC3E5A-074F-4DD5-A3E3-80E8812C64A7 (resized).jpeg
#6380 3 months ago

So many mods.... so little money

#6381 3 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Oh - and a subwoofer and a set of Brite-Mods lit flipper buttons. And a PinGulp.

This sounds like terrible advice

20190315_191258.jpg
#6382 3 months ago

We've only had this for a bit over a week, but the star map was driving me nuts with the giant halos around all the star points. So, I made a filter to focus the LED points so it looks like real stars. Haven't worked out pricing yet, but this will be in the Pin Monk store very soon (with some better pics - these were just taken quickly) once I have that figured out. Installation is less than 5 minutes, and it makes a HUGE difference in the look of the star map!
star-map-before-sml (resized).jpgstar-map-after-sml (resized).jpg

#6383 3 months ago
Quoted from slavin20:

Install. If it's like Dialed In (I haven't checked) the curve of the leg still makes light contact with the cabinet at one point and will rub a wrinkle or wear spot into the cabinet. Maybe why they added the felt...

#6384 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

We've only had this for a bit over a week, but the star map was driving me nuts with the giant halos around all the star points. So, I made a filter to focus the LED points so it looks like real stars.

Can you show a picture of it from the players view? Further back? I like your concept. I was just thinking as I was looking at it, that when looking at the real nighttime sky, all stars are not equal in size. I'm thinking that it would may look better if they were all a bit different.

#6385 3 months ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I spent several hours going thru every component, it finally got to the point that I knew the blocks would work best. So I went ahead and made them the most functional and painted them black, so they wouldn't look too out of place when the backglass is removed. Ideally something like them should be used in all JJP backbones IMO.....

Can someone post pics of this issue and what blocks are needed to support the screen?

#6386 3 months ago
Quoted from estrader:

You should first try the list of must have fixes

#6387 3 months ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Can someone post pics of this issue and what blocks are needed to support the screen?

I don't have a photo of the issue.
The monitor sits lower on the right side causing part of the grey monitor frame to be seen at the top right of the clear window in the backglass.

Here is my solution, the yellow blocks between the monitor and bottom of the backbox prop the monitor up and hold it level.
The one on the left isn't strictly necessary, but assures the monitor is sitting level.

IMG_1732 (resized).JPGIMG_1735 (resized).JPG
#6388 3 months ago
Quoted from Raptor:

The monitor sits lower on the right side causing part of the grey monitor frame to be seen at the top right of the clear window in the backglass.
Here is my solution, the yellow blocks between the monitor and bottom of the backbox prop the monitor up and hold it level.
The one on the left isn't strictly necessary, but assures the monitor is sitting level.

Thanks! Are those wooden blocks?

#6389 3 months ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You should first try the list of must have fixes

New build date so do you think those problems would still exist?

#6390 3 months ago
Quoted from estrader:

New build date so do you think those problems would still exist?

JJP has proven to be very responsive and attentive to issues in the forum, so it’s likely that most of the known trouble spots are sorted out.
We know (thanks to user reports) that the “subway fix” is shipping now.

If you notice any other proactive fixes on your machine I’d love to hear about it. For example I’m curious if the wires behind the Dauntless are factory-protected with wire loom now.

#6391 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

JJP has proven to be very responsive and attentive to issues in the forum, so it’s likely that most of the known trouble spots are sorted out.
We know (thanks to user reports) that the “subway fix” is shipping now.
If you notice any other proactive fixes on your machine I’d love to hear about it. For example I’m curious if the wires behind the Dauntless are factory-protected with wire loom now.

What about the Pearl wire issue? Has tht been taken care of?

#6392 3 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Can you show a picture of it from the players view? Further back? I like your concept. I was just thinking as I was looking at it, that when looking at the real nighttime sky, all stars are not equal in size. I'm thinking that it would may look better if they were all a bit different.

I had one taken further back but there was a lot more glare and reflections. I could make them different sizes, but that would be changing it, not just refining it, and I try to work within the original intent to just make the presentation better. They're all the same size in the original there's just giant halos to kind of obscure that. The reason they look different sizes in the "before" pic is I took that while they were animating in the game so some are turning on and some are turning off in that picture, and the "after" picture was static in the system menu with all lit up at equal brightness.

I'll try to take a movie of it so you can see it in action. It looks a LOT better than stock.

#6393 3 months ago
Quoted from Raptor:

Mine came in today, and is a 1/21/19 build. Definite monitor sag on the right.

#6394 3 months ago

Regarding the monitor sag

I would definitely go with the mod couple descriptions. Skip the wood blocks and do it right. Adjust the places where you are supposed to adjust.

Just my 2 cents.

#6395 3 months ago
Quoted from Axl:

I would definitely go with the mod couple descriptions. Skip the wood blocks and do it right. Adjust the places where you are supposed to adjust.
Just my 2 cents.

I second that. I’ll also add, I had an initial sag and it went right away just by seating the monitor in the latches well.

#6396 3 months ago
Quoted from Axl:

Just my 2 cents.

Quoted from zaphX:

I second that. I’ll also add, I had an initial sag and it went right away just by seating the monitor in the latches well.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I read Yelobird's suggestion earlier today, and had a post bookmarked by another user nearly a month ago that echoed the same notion.

I'll check tomorrow, I'm on fumes tonight after about 2-3 hours sleep, waiting on this sucker being delivered today, and getting it in and set up. I'll give it a solid onesover tomorrow, past the external ooh and aww. Today kicked my arse in, small dolly wheels had me knocked on my ass going up maybe foot high steps, and pinned by this monster pin. Thought my right lower leg was near snapping in the process...

Full night's rest, more oohing and awing tomorrow. These things are beasts, but damn so pretty.

#6397 3 months ago

I bought a SE from Classic Game Rooms and it did not come with balls, cord or coinbox.

Was all that stuff in the game or in the box?

I went through the box 3 times and no parts.

#6398 3 months ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I bought a SE from Classic Game Rooms and it did not come with balls, cord or coinbox.

#6399 3 months ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I’m pretty sure the balls and cord were in the coinbox for mine.

#6400 3 months ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m pretty sure the balls and cord were in the coinbox for mine.

That's what I figured. The weird thing is I called the support line and left messages 3 times over the past week or two and called Jen a couple of days ago and no help or callback whatsoever.

I own every JJP game and bought them all new, 2 from JJP and feel like a disowned stepchild.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 239.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, VIC
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, VT
There are 11457 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 230.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside