(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 378.
#6251 5 years ago

Anyone have to remove the back box from Pirates? I recall reading a post of someone having to take the back box off a Dialed In and was a nightmare - was wondering if Pirates was the same. Thanks!

#6252 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I can live with 31"x31". Just enough that I can cram the box into my SUV. It's actually for picking up my WOZ but I'd imagine the box size is the same as POTC.

Same box for all their games and posted on their site.

#6253 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Same box for all their games and posted on their site.

I couldn't find shipping box dimensions on their site.

#6254 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I can live with 31"x31". Just enough that I can cram the box into my SUV. It's actually for picking up my WOZ but I'd imagine the box size is the same as POTC.

Yeah box size looks the same as their past games. The way these latest games are being packed seem much better with more protection / padding. Also noticed that the legs and leg bolts are attached now to a piece of cardboard on top of the game when you open the box.

20190327_150032 (resized).jpg20190327_150032 (resized).jpg

#6255 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Anyone have to remove the back box from Pirates? I recall reading a post of someone having to take the back box off a Dialed In and was a nightmare - was wondering if Pirates was the same. Thanks!

That was me and it was pretty nightmarish. Take lots of detailed photos of the wiring in the backbox to be sure you put it back together correctly. Makes moving the game through narrow spaces a whole lot easier though

#6256 5 years ago

What’s the proper fix for the sagging backbox display? I fiddled with mine for a long time and it still sags below the translite about 1/4” exposing the metal frame which doesn’t look good. I’m thinking of propping the display up with something on both sides as a quick fix. Any suggestions? I’m hoping to avoid fabricating parts.

#6257 5 years ago

At least 2 people just put in a block of wood under the one corner, not sure about anyone else.

#6258 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

What’s the proper fix for the sagging backbox display? I fiddled with mine for a long time and it still sags below the translite about 1/4” exposing the metal frame which doesn’t look good. I’m thinking of propping the display up with something on both sides as a quick fix. Any suggestions? I’m hoping to avoid fabricating parts.

I had to prop the right side of my screen temporarily. I plan to make a more permanent fix - here's one that AUKraut suggested in a previous post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/108#post-4876871

#6259 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I had to prop the right side of my screen temporarily. I plan to make a more permanent fix - here's one that AUKraut suggested in a previous post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/108#post-4876871

I recently just noticed the sag in my monitor (right side). Has anyone put in a ticket with JJP, and if so, is there an official fix for this?

#6260 5 years ago

Tech question.
I have these switch errors on the Pearl. Doesn’t look good, think I have to remove the pearl. Any first ideas?

Thanks

17A57685-BB56-4BA9-AE9A-0BE1D6B70D72 (resized).jpeg17A57685-BB56-4BA9-AE9A-0BE1D6B70D72 (resized).jpeg514A0ECA-5A23-49BA-9D1E-6BE43E48D19D (resized).jpeg514A0ECA-5A23-49BA-9D1E-6BE43E48D19D (resized).jpeg9D04EDB0-9FF5-41DB-AE3D-47EF906CFF2B (resized).jpeg9D04EDB0-9FF5-41DB-AE3D-47EF906CFF2B (resized).jpegB8ABB3ED-5EB7-4F34-8B63-E08E1F717DE1 (resized).jpegB8ABB3ED-5EB7-4F34-8B63-E08E1F717DE1 (resized).jpeg
#6261 5 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I recently just noticed the sag in my monitor (right side). Has anyone put in a ticket with JJP, and if so, is there an official fix for this?

Have you tried pushing up on the bottom of the monitor on the sagging side? Sometimes it doesn't "snap" into the bracket properly.

#6262 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Tech question.
I have these switch errors on the Pearl. Doesn’t look good, think I have to remove the pearl. Any first ideas?
Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just adjust the #'s 10 and 12 switches from above. Should be a simple switch blade adjustment (currently closed?) and no need to remove the ship. Ignore #48 (see numerous other posts on this). #79 should be in/near the Dauntless.

#6263 5 years ago

Remember that the monitors come out on a swivel mount, and have a bracket on each side they have to mount into in order to support the weight correctly. If it's not fully in one side or the other, that side will sag.

#6264 5 years ago

Thanks fellas. I thought I checked the bracket/mount, but I will check again.

#6265 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Have you tried pushing up on the bottom of the monitor on the sagging side? Sometimes it doesn't "snap" into the bracket properly.

Yes, it's snapped in properly and the entire display is sagging about 1/4" vertically in the backbox. It needs to be moved up somehow.

#6266 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yes, I saw that and I'm thinking of propping my display on both sides with something similar to fix the issue if there's no other way to move it up vertically. I didn't see any up/down adjustments on the display arm bracket mounting bolts. Maybe I'm missing something

#6267 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Tech question.
Thanks

if its not the blades ,broken wire under peal. as for teraget switch 48 thats the boat on left side. i am also having this issue. i removed the top of it for 2 weeks and had no issue. put it back on and 2 days later its back. might be a clearance issue. not worried at this point cause i'm playing the shit out if it. lots of fun.

#6268 5 years ago

My monitor was sagging also. I wound up printing a couple blocks on my 3D printer to put between the ends of the monitor and the bottom of the head to even it out. Mine wouldn't stay hooked in the right side latch. It came loose during shipping and scratched the paint on the backglass. JJP sent me a new backglass.

#6269 5 years ago

Snapping the monitor in is a bit tricky. I thought mine was defective for about a month until my son and I really fiddled with it. You really have to make sure it doesn't just "click" in, but that it seats all the way back into the groove. Hard to describe, because it is tricky, but take some time and really mess with it before you start stacking blocks.

#6270 5 years ago

I could get the monitor into the latch, and get it closed ok.
But with a good tug it would pop back out.
Even when latched in place part of the monitor frame was still visible through the backglass.

#6271 5 years ago
Quoted from Raptor:

I could get the monitor into the latch, and get it closed ok.
But with a good tug it would pop back out.
Even when latched in place part of the monitor frame was still visible through the backglass.

Then it wasn't latched in all the way.

#6272 5 years ago

I'll look at it again, the next time I have the backglass out.
But it wasn't latched when it came out of the box, thats even with the wooden blocks that prevent the latch from opening in place.
So either JJP didn't get it latched in right, or it managed to come out somehow.

#6273 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That was me and it was pretty nightmarish. Take lots of detailed photos of the wiring in the backbox to be sure you put it back together correctly. Makes moving the game through narrow spaces a whole lot easier though

Thank you. Was there soldering and cable removal from the front of the game? Can't find the original post and just want to know what to expect.

#6274 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Thank you. Was there soldering and cable removal from the front of the game? Can't find the original post and just want to know what to expect.

I had to take the head off mine to get it through the door.
There wasn't any soldering involved, just unplugging a bunch of cables in the backbox.
I also had to cut some nylon cable ties.
A few of the connections are inside the metal computer box.
Like others have said, take a bunch of photos, video is even better.
Most things only go back in 1 place, but there are a few that are confusing.
I don't know if the USB plugs need to go in a specific port, but I tried to plug mine back in where they came from.

#6275 5 years ago
Quoted from Raptor:

I had to take the head off mine to get it through the door.
There wasn't any soldering involved, just unplugging a bunch of cables in the backbox.
I also had to cut some nylon cable ties.
A few of the connections are inside the metal computer box.
Like others have said, take a bunch of photos, video is even better.
Most things only go back in 1 place, but there are a few that are confusing.
I don't know if the USB plugs need to go in a specific port, but I tried to plug mine back in where they came from.

Excellent. Thank you! Please pm me if you ever decide to sell it!

#6276 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Tech question.
Thanks

Looks like the classic green/brown wire under the pearl broken off to me, assuming the switches are stuck open and failing to respond in the test. If they are stuck closed I’d check the leafs for proper gap.

Ignore the two ship related ones as suggested.

#6277 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Excellent. Thank you!

You're welcome.

FWIW If I had it to do again, I would have removed the piece from the door jam that stops the door from swinging past "closed".
That would have been less work, and given me the extra 1/4" I needed to get the head through.

I'd recommend having a helper, the head is heavy.

#6278 5 years ago

Is the actual cabinet (width) dimensions any greater than B/W super pins?

#6279 5 years ago
Quoted from Raptor:

I'll look at it again, the next time I have the backglass out.
But it wasn't latched when it came out of the box, thats even with the wooden blocks that prevent the latch from opening in place.
So either JJP didn't get it latched in right, or it managed to come out somehow.

Same here, my display still sags even when fully latched in. I fiddled with it for a good 30 minutes. Will try some small wood blocks to hold it up for now. Frustrating...

#6280 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Same here, my display still sags even when fully latched in. I fiddled with it for a good 30 minutes. Will try some small wood blocks to hold it up for now. Frustrating...

Maybe JJP mounted the right side latch higher on later production games?
Mine was made 01/15/2019.

#6281 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Tech question.
Thanks

It's really not that hard to get the ship off and tilt it enough to check/fix these switches if they can't be adjusted from the top side and it's a broken wire or diode causing the error.

#6282 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Do any of you know the dimensions of your POTC shipping box by chance?

31 inches by 31 inches by 57 inches. That would be without the pallet.

LTG : )

#6283 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Maybe it’s a YBR WOZ! That’s how that one was wrapped. Here’s hoping it’s a Pirates! Congrats look forward to hearing your review. Learn a few of the code rules from the how to thread and the journey will seem endless. Congrats!
Looks like Jack signed your cool.

Lol, yeah. Thanks! I've got a bunch of cool mods from you guys to install on it. Cliffys just arrived today as well, may install those first thing.

#6284 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Tech question.
Thanks

Just had to remove mine for the same issue,broken wire,while your under there check the wires for the EOS they are pretty tight too and can break off

#6285 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah box size looks the same as their past games. The way these latest games are being packed seem much better with more protection / padding. Also noticed that the legs and leg bolts are attached now to a piece of cardboard on top of the game when you open the box.
[quoted image]

Must be new packaging, my game was delivered a month ago and didn’t have the wrap around the whole game or the legs on top. I’m 0 for 2 on having Jack sign my games, guess I pick bad days to buy lol.

#6286 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Must be new packaging, my game was delivered a month ago and didn’t have the wrap around the whole game or the legs on top. I’m 0 for 2 on having Jack sign my games, guess I pick bad days to buy lol.

I kinda thought he signed all of these off the line, like newborns.

#6287 5 years ago

Has the ship removal video by Butch been released yet?

#6288 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Is the actual cabinet (width) dimensions any greater than B/W super pins?

Cabinet Width are both about the same: ~24.75”

Head is slightly wider: 28 3/4” vs 28 13/16” on POTC

This is compared to TZ

#6289 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Has the ship removal video by Butch been released yet?

I haven't seen it, but it's not that hard. One screw at the back of the playfield just before the playfield backboard, then a cotter pin removal of the arm behind the backboard. Take the nylon washer there off, too. Then pull the pin forward that the arm was hooked to and move the ship slightly toward the backboard and it's free. Just have to wriggle it past the ramps at the front. 3 minutes, maybe?

#6290 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Lol, yeah. Thanks! I've got a bunch of cool mods from you guys to install on it. Cliffys just arrived today as well, may install those first thing.

When did you order the cliffys? I ordered mine a month ago and didn't get them yet. He didn't respond to an email I sent a couple of days ago.

#6291 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

When did you order the cliffys? I ordered mine a month ago and didn't get them yet. He didn't respond to an email I sent a couple of days ago.

I think he said he was like 2 months out on orders last time I talked to him. Maybe he's caught up since then, but I doubt it since there's always new machines coming out that need protection.

#6292 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

First I measured the distance to the bottom of the monitor on the left side, then cut a 2x2 to be the same length and stuck it under there on the right side. But later after looking at it more … All I did was loosen the 4 screws that hold the back of the monitor to the black monitor pivot bracket, raised the right side of the monitor as far as I could with the slop in the holes, and tighten them down while in that position. That fixed it for me. I took out the block and it has been fine ever since. I have to do the same with my DI … when it gets my tinkering attention again.

#6293 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Probably a month ago as well, maybe a bit longer. Sounds like he's been really busy.

#6294 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Probably a month ago as well, maybe a bit longer. Sounds like he's been really busy.

Okay, I will bug him for an update. Thanks.

#6295 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

First I measured the distance to the bottom of the monitor on the left side, then cut a 2x2 to be the same length and stuck it under there on the right side. But later after looking at it more … All I did was loosen the 4 screws that hold the back of the monitor to the black monitor pivot bracket, raised the right side of the monitor as far as I could with the slop in the holes, and tighten them down while in that position. That fixed it for me. I took out the block and it has been fine ever since. I have to do the same with my DI … when it gets my tinkering attention again.

My monitor sags also, the latches hold the monitor in, but not up because they latch on top of the catches. One thing I notice when I tried to fix it last time was the foam that I guess is supposed to keep the backglass from hitting the monitor seem to drag the monitor down when you side the backglass down. I have also tried loosening and adjusting the four screws that hold the monitor to the arm without success.

#6296 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Looks like the classic green/brown wire under the pearl broken off to me, assuming the switches are stuck open and failing to respond in the test. If they are stuck closed I’d check the leafs

Thanks. Yes they are stuck open. Also the eos switch left flipper is mentioned. Will remove the ship and resolder.
Thansk for the feedback! Appreciate it.
Peter

#6297 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I kinda thought he signed all of these off the line, like newborns.

I heard if Jack is walking by the line he’ll sign whatever is there. I’ve bought two new JJP LE pins and neither had it. I also guess it’s on the back so you never see it but I suppose it’s kinda cool to have.

#6298 5 years ago

I think I will order a playfield protector and put it in, even though the job seems a bit nightmarish. Anyone, who has put one it, what kind of experiences did you have? I have put playfield protector into MM, Houdini and Alien, so I am not a total novice in that regard. How difficult it was to put the JJP POTC protector in?

PU-parts is offering some cannot shield - is it worth to get? https://pu-parts.com/pirates-of-the-caribbean-cannon-shield

Thanks for any info!

#6299 5 years ago

Pale Purple is correct about Jack and his game signing.

#6300 5 years ago

Just curious as I haven't setup my game yet and checked. Is the LE certificate orientated vertical or horizontal? I'm looking to get an 8x10 picture collage frame that I can put 4 JJP LE certificates in.

Update: nevermind, saw a picture of it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/126?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.