(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,870 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by gunstarhero
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 378.
#6201 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

It's pretty inconsistent. Some times my shot bounces back then the post goes down, other times it stays stuck until it does a ball search. Does anyone have a pic of the screw on the post bracket?
Thanks

So I found a brass bolt inside the cabinet but I couldn't tell if it goes to the pop-up. Does anyone have a picture of the pop-up?

#6202 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

So I found a brass bolt inside the cabinet but I couldn't tell if it goes to the pop-up. Does anyone have a picture of the pop-up?

Bolt or screw? There's a brass screw on the bottom...

#6203 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Decided to cancel it though and order Black Knight 3

Since my distro is telling me that he's still waiting on my LE to be built still, I may be doing exactly that. Especially since "to be built" has already left the building from my understanding. I probably won't shed too many tears though, that BK looks bad ass.

#6204 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

So I found a brass bolt inside the cabinet

Machine screw ?

Check the bottom of post assemblies, etc. It is what you turn up or down to adjust heights level with playfield. A bolt on it is tightened when adjusted so it doesn't move.

LTG : )

#6205 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

that BK looks bad ass

Indeed it does! The artwork looks great. My guess is that the code will be the same as all the other Stern games, the shots look similar to othe games by Riche. It’s a safe bet on normal.

Sorry for the sarcasm. Just so tired of samey games from stern

#6206 5 years ago

They’re still building pirates at the factory. Nothing wrong with “to be built” as of now.

#6207 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

They’re still building pirates at the factory. Nothing wrong with “to be built” as of now.

I thought they were only building standards until they're out of parts?

#6208 5 years ago

They’re not finished everybody’s order yet so no they’re doing LEs and standards

#6209 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

They’re not finished everybody’s order yet so no they’re doing LEs and standards

But they've locked down orders so no new distributor orders for LEs are being taken?

#6210 5 years ago

Yes as far as I know. They still have to finish the orders they have though.

#6211 5 years ago

I was told today, that my LE I ordered last week isn't on the line yet...they are waiting on parts.

#6212 5 years ago

That could be but the parts are coming in. I could be wrong of course but no orders have been cancelled

#6213 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was told today, that my LE I ordered last week isn't on the line yet...they are waiting on parts.

interesting that they are still waiting on parts. I thought the whole reason they stopped was b/c they were out of parts?

#6214 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

interesting that they are still waiting on parts. I thought the whole reason they stopped was b/c they were out of parts?

Yea that would seem odd to me too

#6215 5 years ago

Well I think - and I’m just thinking out loud here - that the moment would have come a few months ago when they would have reached the level of orders to exhaust all the expected parts. Since these things are not ordered piecemeal in general, at that point you say “okay, will we get enough orders going forward to justify a full re-order of a large quantity of everything?” If at that point the thought is possibly not or Do we have time or whatever the case, then you don’t refresh all the POs and do it all again. If you want to do that now, it’s not practical any more owing to the lead time for large quantities of parts to keep the line running. So now where you need stuff for whatever reason to finish the production run, you order it. Obviously I’m way over simplifying but I believe that’s what goes on.

#6216 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm a recent order also and on the same path as you...

#6217 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea that would seem odd to me too

They may not have received all of the parts they ordered. There's also likely been a number of warrantied games over the past 6 months and additional parts are needed to complete the remaining distributor orders. I'm sure they want a stock of parts to support existing games down the road as well, at least I hope they do.

#6218 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Same for me.

#6219 5 years ago

Well okay. I suppose I'm still in on this game then, which is great. I was just starting to consider atlernative options, since I was getting the feeling that I wasn't going to get a game. So I was thinking had 10k floating around that needed a place to go and BK was looking like a possible good fit. If I get a pirates still, I'll just snag a premium down the road.

#6220 5 years ago

When making 1000 games you take parts in batches. I. E. Cabinets. You don't have room and you don't want to store all that

#6221 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Indeed it does! The artwork looks great. My guess is that the code will be the same as all the other Stern games, the shots look similar to othe games by Riche. It’s a safe bet on normal.
Sorry for the sarcasm. Just so tired of samey games from stern

Agreed. Stern doesn't build a $8999 game. Their LE' s are really Pro's and should be priced accordingly. JMO when comparing games in my collection.

#6222 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Machine screw ?
Check the bottom of post assemblies, etc. It is what you turn up or down to adjust heights level with playfield. A bolt on it is tightened when adjusted so it doesn't move.

Here is a pic of the pop up. Looks like the screw is on good and tight. Not sure where this bolt came from

30BECA3C-2E65-4552-8C9A-FAAF9092A2B3 (resized).jpeg30BECA3C-2E65-4552-8C9A-FAAF9092A2B3 (resized).jpegCFD39860-1D30-4CA2-80FA-58D84662B5C6 (resized).jpegCFD39860-1D30-4CA2-80FA-58D84662B5C6 (resized).jpeg
#6223 5 years ago

brass screw, check the pop up posts. one in map area, 2 in black pearl orbit(one behind boat). did u find it at back of cabinet or the front? right side or left?

#6224 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Here is a pic of the pop up. Looks like the screw is on good and tight. Not sure where this bolt came from

More than one bracket under there has the screw to raise or lower something.

#6225 5 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

brass screw, check the pop up posts. one in map area, 2 in black pearl orbit(one behind boat). did u find it at back of cabinet or the front? right side or left?

thats the strange thing. i found it under that same orbit pop up in the back on the left side

#6226 5 years ago

You're in my way, boy.

Thoughts?

20190326_194448 (resized).jpg20190326_194448 (resized).jpg20190326_194507 (resized).jpg20190326_194507 (resized).jpg
#6227 5 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

You're in my way, boy.
Thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#6228 5 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

You're in my way, boy.
Thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!

#6229 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I notice that you went w/ the double ring style star post. Any reason for that?

Good catch, I didn’t even notice that myself! I had those starposts in my parts bin for years and POTC needed them so in they went. I suppose I could change them out again, but I doubt I will. I’m just glad the playfield isn’t being chipped anymore

#6230 5 years ago

I didn't read the forum for a few days. Any news on the code?

#6231 5 years ago

Keefer has been sick for a few weeks. My guess is that they where going to launch it at Texas.
My next guest would be at MGC April 12th.

#6232 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Keefer has been sick for a few weeks. My guess is that they where going to launch it at Texas.

Hopefully before that. The black bonus screens are annoying, and I'm not turning the tips back on to get rid of them.

#6233 5 years ago

25 games in and its off with the black pearl chasing switch faults at least its 25 plays more than I had with Dialled In before pulling it apart I guess

#6234 5 years ago
Quoted from Gibo:

25 games in and its off with the black pearl chasing switch faults at least its 25 plays more than I had with Dialled In before pulling it apart I guess

What switches are you having problems with?

#6235 5 years ago

EOS and standup targets,I have fixed a few customers machines in the past with similar problems,probably a wire fallen off,things are pretty tight under there on the early production games

#6236 5 years ago
Quoted from Gibo:

EOS and standup targets,I have fixed a few customers machines in the past with similar problems,probably a wire fallen off,things are pretty tight under there on the early production games

EOS was not gapped right from the factory on the one we just got. Easy fix.

#6237 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Yeah. Sounds like he is back in the office as of last week from what Eric said at TPF. Eric also mentioned at TPF that Keith had been working on the games super wizard mode and that its been coming together well. It sounds like a 1.0 release will represent all modes being coded into the game.

I hope Keith is given some more time to polish and add more choreography to the wizard modes. Ted Estes is likely the lead on the code for Wonka as he was for Dialed In. If GNR is in the fall then Keith is likely the lead on that game unless one of the other guys is.

#6238 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

What kind of excuse is being sick? Lol!

It’s coding, not bricklaying

#6239 5 years ago

I see Yelobird in this thread quite a bit so I have to say, thanks for the JJPOTC mods. I put the Kraken and Dauntless railing on recently and they really make those parts of the game pop. Now to just empty my wallet for a few more!

In general, very very glad to have such an amazing game in my home collection and appreciate all of the support from the owners community as I've been dialing the game in, specifically to zaphX and KevInBuffalo but there are so many others.

Hope everyone enjoys the streams if you've seen them, I'm trying to do my best to show off the scoring benefits to each character but at the rate I go for streaming and game play, that's gonna take a while Best part is, provided I don't get Weatherby in a random select 1P game, I feel like there's great options all around. Amazing work by Eric, Keith, Joe K, JP De Win, David Thiel, and the whole team.

#6240 5 years ago

How do you do the random select?

#6241 5 years ago

push and hold left flipper, then flip the right flipper 5 times

#6242 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

push and hold left flipper, then flip the right flipper 5 times

I keep trying that and it's not working. I checked my settings and it's not turned off.

#6243 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I keep trying that and it's not working. I checked my settings and it's not turned off.

Do the 5 right flips faster.

#6244 5 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

I see yelobird in this thread quite a bit so I have to say, thanks for the JJPOTC mods. I put the Kraken and Dauntless railing on recently and they really make those parts of the game pop. Now to just empty my wallet for a few more!
In general, very very glad to have such an amazing game in my home collection and appreciate all of the support from the owners community as I've been dialing the game in, specifically to zaphx and kevinbuffalo but there are so many others.
Hope everyone enjoys the streams if you've seen them, I'm trying to do my best to show off the scoring benefits to each character but at the rate I go for streaming and game play, that's gonna take a while Best part is, provided I don't get Weatherby in a random select 1P game, I feel like there's great options all around. Amazing work by Eric, Keith, Joe K, JP De Win, David Thiel, and the whole team.

I highly recommend the mezel mods decking for the black pearl and the lighting for the depths/bayou holes. They really make difference IMHO.

And yes modcouple has completely broken my wallet! My wife loves the dog and the monkey the best.

#6245 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

I highly recommend the mezel mods decking for the black pearl and the lighting for the depths/bayou holes. They really make difference IMHO.
And yes modcouple has completely broken my wallet! My wife loves the dog and the monkey the best.

Yeah I saw McSirTuna do the decking for the black pearl and the lighting for the chest, but the lighting for the depths and bayou both sound pretty awesome too...so many mods, so little time lol I was thinking I might grab the cannon and the monkey too, but I'm kind of waiting since I might have a new pin coming in at some point to see if I can batch orders together.

I've never had so much fun spending money as I have since I started collecting pins.

#6246 5 years ago

Just unboxed the game. Looks like JJP is now wrapping the latest games with shrink wrap which is nice. Not sure if these are all coming like this. My Dialed In LE had the plastic around the head but no shrink wrap around the entire game.

20190327_104056 (resized).jpg20190327_104056 (resized).jpg
#6247 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just unboxed the game. Looks like JJP is now wrapping the latest games with shrink wrap which is nice. Not sure if these are all coming like this. My Dialed In LE had the plastic around the head but no shrink wrap around the entire game.[quoted image]

Maybe it’s a YBR WOZ! That’s how that one was wrapped. Here’s hoping it’s a Pirates! Congrats look forward to hearing your review. Learn a few of the code rules from the how to thread and the journey will seem endless. Congrats!

Looks like Jack signed your cool.

#6248 5 years ago

Do any of you know the dimensions of your POTC shipping box by chance? I know a few people just got theirs, wondering what the dimensions are.

#6249 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Do any of you know the dimensions of your POTC shipping box by chance? I know a few people just got theirs, wondering what the dimensions are.

I think it's between 30 and 31 inches, can't recall the exact measurements. All I know is I can barely get the cabinet through my basement doorway with it out of the box. The back box on Dialed In and POTC seem slightly wider then others.

#6250 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think it's between 30 and 31 inches, can't recall the exact measurements. All I know is I can barely get the cabinet through my basement doorway with it out of the box. The back box on Dialed In and POTC seem slightly wider then others.

I can live with 31"x31". Just enough that I can cram the box into my SUV. It's actually for picking up my WOZ but I'd imagine the box size is the same as POTC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 38.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
Wanted
$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 38.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,870 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/125?hl=moomert1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.