(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 378.
#6151 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Theres more Stern owners out there and fans so that's why I think Deadpool won best callouts and Iron Maiden won best rules (lol) and GOTY.
One issue with the TWIPYs is that it can become a popularity contest.

Deadpool winning ANYTHING was a tragedy when IM and POTC were in the running. Pirates definitely should have won callouts with the amazing work that Gibbs did for the game... although I do wish there was a little more humor in some of his dialogue but chalk that up to bad writing.

The rest of the awards shook down pretty much as expected. When you get a game designed by one of the best pinball players of all time the rules and layout are going to be top tier.

#6152 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Deadpool winning ANYTHING was a tragedy when IM and POTC were in the running. Pirates definitely should have won callouts with the amazing work that Gibbs did for the game... although I do wish there was a little more humor in some of his dialogue but chalk that up to bad writing.
The rest of the awards shook down pretty much as expected. When you get a game designed by one of the best pinball players of all time the rules and layout are going to be top tier.

Not to take anything away from the winners, but I also felt POTC deserved best music and rookie of the year.

#6153 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Not to take anything away from the winners, but I also felt POTC deserved best music and rookie of the year.

PotC has some amazing music compositions. Super-polished.

#6154 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes. They probably should have won for music... especially if you consider its all original compositions David made for the game. Going forward I do think the award should be for 'Best Original Music' and we can just take the band pins out of the mix. Its not really a level playfield.

Rookie of the Year is a tossup for me. Keith is certainly no rookie to the world of pinball... but it was his first design and holy hell what a design it is. Maybe one of the greatest tournament AND casual games ever created and such a fresh breath into Sterns otherwise stagnate catalog.

Frankly if him and Eric would have cut the TWIPY in half and shared it I don't think anybody could really complain. They both knocked it out of the park and I'm really looking forward to both of their follow up games.

#6155 5 years ago

Deadpool's callouts are high pitched, not funny, and really just annoying. I'm honestly shocked IM didn't win callouts. Both the Demon and the Sorceress on that game are amazing to hear.

#6156 5 years ago

Yes. They probably should have won for music... especially if you consider its all original compositions David made for the game. Going forward I do think the award should be for 'Best Original Music' and we can just take the band pins out of the mix. Its not really a level playfield.
Rookie of the Year is a tossup for me. Keith is certainly no rookie to the world of pinball... but it was his first design and holy hell what a design it is. Maybe one of the greatest tournament AND casual games ever created and such a fresh breath into Sterns otherwise stagnate catalog.
Frankly if him and Eric would have cut the TWIPY in half and shared it I don't think anybody could really complain. They both knocked it out of the park and I'm really looking forward to both of their follow up games.

Yea I didn't get that. Best music shouldn't go to pins that didn't have original music. The music wasn't made for the pin, so how does it win best music.

#6157 5 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Deadpool's callouts are high pitched, not funny, and really just annoying. I'm honestly shocked IM didn't win callouts. Both the Demon and the Sorceress on that game are amazing to hear.

yep. i kind of sat in disbelief when Deadpool won that award. I was absolutely sick of the callouts after 10ish games. Juvenile stuff that completely lacks the edgy humor that made Deadpool so funny to so many people. If Ryan Reynolds did the callouts and they let him go R-rated on it... then I can see Deadpool being a contender.

The two voices for Iron Maiden do a fantastic job and they managed to work in some good inside jokes for fans of both pinball and iron maiden.

Getting Gibbs to do the callouts for pirates was a solid pick (unfortunately he's no John Rhys-Davies) and he did a fine job with the material he was given. I just wish they would have written a bit more humor into his dialogue. The Pirates movies are funny and have some great lines and the pinball machine kind of lacks that lighthearted nature.

#6158 5 years ago

So I got my Davy Jones from eBay in the mail and he was HUGE! At first I was let down, but I realized he makes a great topper addition.

20190325_183336 (resized).jpg20190325_183336 (resized).jpg20190325_183353 (resized).jpg20190325_183353 (resized).jpg
#6159 5 years ago

So I got my Davy Jones from eBay in the mail and he was HUGE! At first I was let down, but I realized he makes a great topper addition. [quoted image][quoted image]

I wasn't going to use the acrylic piece topper, just the skull, but then I realized that the skull overlaid onto the acrylic pretty seamlessly and added the illuminated game logo to the skull and flames behind the sword handles. So change of plan, I'm going to combine the two, uplight the skull, and wire up the eyes to light up in concert with some light or lights in the game and I'd LIKE to disable the speaker (cut it off) so the mouth can be triggered to move with no sound to have it "laugh" when you lose a ball. If I can get it all wired up, it should be pretty cool.
pirates-topper-in-progress (resized).jpgpirates-topper-in-progress (resized).jpg

#6160 5 years ago

Need some more help. The post that pops up in the left orbit under the dauntless seems to be getting stuck half the time. I think I recall some posts talking about that with a bolt being lose. Does anyone know which post it was or input.

Thanks again!

#6161 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Need some more help. The post that pops up in the left orbit under the dauntless seems to be getting stuck half the time. I think I recall some posts talking about that with a bolt being lose. Does anyone know which post it was or input.
Thanks again!

Stuck up or stuck down?

#6162 5 years ago

Make sure the adjustment screw on the bottom of the post bracket is in place and that the post is flush to the playfield when down. Make sure the plunger slides smoothly through the hole and isn’t knocked off center or dragging or rubbing going through.

#6163 5 years ago

DP:
“Now say, Deadpool is the greatest.”
- “No.”

Literally every dang time I play that mode

#6164 5 years ago

DP:
“Now say, Deadpool is the greatest.”
- “No.”
Literally every dang time I play that mode.

Meanwhile Gibbs has 10 different ways of saying GOLD!

#6165 5 years ago

I swapped out the skinny sling posts for standard clear starposts and covered up the chipping playfield damage caused by the loose lower left post. I used blue loctite when reinstalling the larger posts and then played about 10 games straight. My LE is finally dialed in perfectly after fixing one issue after another for months. This is one fun and very challenging game when everything is working properly. I could only muster 1.4M tonight, not even close to my GC 2.4M score. The game plays perfectly with the regular star posts, no concerns with swapping them out if you so desire. Time to order some more Mod Couple mods

15993974-7F1E-457C-AE62-CB436A16F3AA (resized).jpeg15993974-7F1E-457C-AE62-CB436A16F3AA (resized).jpegF3DE6AE7-DD97-468C-9B2C-475763ACF397 (resized).jpegF3DE6AE7-DD97-468C-9B2C-475763ACF397 (resized).jpeg404211F1-445B-4CBF-A50A-C2701A910437 (resized).jpeg404211F1-445B-4CBF-A50A-C2701A910437 (resized).jpegDF98E2C5-0D1B-4144-B0D1-F3D29735BF74 (resized).jpegDF98E2C5-0D1B-4144-B0D1-F3D29735BF74 (resized).jpeg

#6166 5 years ago

100% agree. Original music award only. Why are we awarding a band's greatest hits in a pinball machine when that music was made and honed over DECADES and original pin music is usually created in only a year or so.

#6167 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I take back my concerns regarding the stock posts and clear chipping. Went to put washers under them last night (found fiber ones at Home Depot) and saw that only one had any issue. Looks like clear bunched up just to one side, probably from over tightened post at factory. No chipping or paint

I take back my concerns regarding the stock posts and clear chipping. Went to put washers under them last night (found fiber ones at Home Depot) and saw that only one had any issue. Looks like clear bunched up just to one side, probably from over tightened post at factory. No chipping or paint damage. All others look fine. Not enough for me to put star posts on. Both my WOZ and Hobbit have same posts and no chipping. My washers ended up being too small (#8 screws are used, not #6), so going to leave it stock. Obviously put star posts on if you want. But I think all the cliffy's and star posts may be overkill if it is just going to be HUO.

They're fairly cheap and an easy install right?

I saw a game out in the wild today, and definitely noticed chipping at those posts.

Quoted from darkryder:

I swapped out the skinny sling posts for standard clear starposts and covered up the chipping playfield damage caused by the loose lower left post. I used blue loctite when reinstalling the larger posts and then played about 10 games straight. My LE is finally dialed in perfectly after fixing one issue after another for months. This is one fun and very challenging game when everything is working properly. I could only muster 1.4M tonight, not even close to my GC 2.4M score. The game plays perfectly with the regular star posts, no concerns with swapping them out if you so desire. Time to order some more Mod Couple mods
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you put washers back down after replacing these or just the star posts?

#6168 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

They're fairly cheap and an easy install right?
I saw a game out in the wild today, and definitely noticed chipping at those posts.

Did you put washers back down after replacing these or just the star posts?

No washers underneath or on top. The game didn’t come with any whatsoever on the slings

#6169 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I notice that you went w/ the double ring style star post. Any reason for that?

#6170 5 years ago

If anyone wants a cool cheap Pirates keychain for their game check out the link below. At checkout use code "PERFECT3" which will take $3 off, price will be $.61. Code expires today.

ebay.com link: Movie Pirates of the Caribbean Keychain Metal Key Rings For Gift Chaveiro chain

https://slickdeals.net/f/12960631-ebay-coupons-3-off-3-01-purchase-and-5-off?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

#6171 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Any reason for that?

I saw that too and was wondering. As I am about to order my posts. I like the clear ones!!!

#6172 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I saw that too and was wondering. As I am about to order my posts. I like the clear ones!!!

I ordered the standard single ring clear posts.

#6173 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I ordered the standard single ring clear posts.

Do you have a link? You replacing all or just the lower?

#6174 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m going to try these for all 6.

https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-translucent-star-posts-1-116-tall.html

#6175 5 years ago

thanks, I’m torn...not sure I like how they look on this game.

#6176 5 years ago

Gotta luv new pin day,POTC is in the house

IMG_1050.JPGIMG_1050.JPG
#6177 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I ordered the same ones that zaphX did

#6178 5 years ago

I just got the game and was wondering what is the issue with the posts? chipping playfields?

#6179 5 years ago

Why would the starposts be less prone to chipping?

#6180 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Why would the starposts be less prone to chipping?

Bigger footprint

#6181 5 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

I just got the game and was wondering what is the issue with the posts? chipping playfields?

Sounds like some earlier build games had the posts by the slingshots way over tightened which caused chipping on some games. Using starposts can cover it up and make sure that the damage doesn't spread. Not sure if its neccessary on later build games and theres been no reports of the issue with later builds.

#6182 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Sounds like some earlier build games had the posts by the slingshots way over tightened which caused chipping on some games. Using starposts can cover it up and make sure that the damage doesn't spread. Not sure if its neccessary on later build games and theres been no reports of the issue with later builds.

Thanks!

#6183 5 years ago

Im gonna fill my starposts with clear epoxy and sand smooth for a bigger footprint.The starpost outer ring still has a thin edge which can dig into the playfield. Plus I don't think these playfields are very hard to begin with.

#6184 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Make sure the adjustment screw on the bottom of the post bracket is in place and that the post is flush to the playfield when down. Make sure the plunger slides smoothly through the hole and isn’t knocked off center or dragging or rubbing going through.

It's pretty inconsistent. Some times my shot bounces back then the post goes down, other times it stays stuck until it does a ball search. Does anyone have a pic of the screw on the post bracket?
Thanks

#6185 5 years ago

I'm picking up a pirates in the next few days, but I'm a little concerned about whether the pin will fit in my BMW X5. A stern with the head folded down will just barely fit top to bottom (plenty of room on the sides). Will pirates fit?

Thanks

#6186 5 years ago

This is a wide body pin! If the stern barely fits I don't think pirates will. Then again I know nothing of BMW or loading pirates in them

#6187 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

This is a wide body pin! If the stern barely fits I don't think pirates will. Then again I know nothing of BMW or loading pirates in them

Yeah, there's plenty of room horizontally so I think I'm good on it being wide, just not sure about vertical height with the head down.

#6188 5 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

I'm picking up a pirates in the next few days, but I'm a little concerned about whether the pin will fit in my BMW X5. A stern with the head folded down will just barely fit top to bottom (plenty of room on the sides). Will pirates fit?
Thanks

I believe jjp games are the same as bw games, which a don’t require as much height as stern games. I think you need roughly 29-3/4 for bw.

#6189 5 years ago

What’s been the experience with the more recently produced games in terms of quality control? I’m told my LE is being built as parts become available. Hoping things have largely been addressed. Looks like I might be getting one of the last off the line.

#6190 5 years ago

For any Pirates owners thinking about selling your game, I would really think about your list price and ensure you don't leave any money on the table.

This game is sold out. Unless your game is not HUO I wouldn't drop below 9k & might even go higher. I've seen a couple below 9 sell in two seconds - not surprised bc def below market.

I'm holding onto mine right now bc it's really fun but it's also now a rare title.... Demand it's they're and will only grow considering jjps decision. At the very best, you won't see any Pirates until 3 games down the road...

#6191 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For any Pirates owners thinking about selling your game, I would really think about your list price and ensure you don't leave any money on the table.
This game is sold out. Unless your game is not HUO I wouldn't drop below 9k & might even go higher. I've seen a couple below 9 sell in two seconds - not surprised bc def below market.
I'm holding onto mine right now bc it's really fun but it's also now a rare title.... Demand it's they're and will only grow considering jjps decision. At the very best, you won't see any Pirates until 3 games down the road...

I’m selling mine at 9K. Not worried about leaving money on the table as I’ve easily gotten 500 enjoyment out of it and I’m happy to see it make another pinhead happy.

#6192 5 years ago

Already your selling?
I am going to put mine back in the box and sell it. I will list as hardly used back in box!
JK, I don't think this pin will ever leave my collection!!!!!

#6193 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m selling mine at 9K. Not worried about leaving money on the table as I’ve easily gotten 500 enjoyment out of it and I’m happy to see it make another pinhead happy.

After all the help you've given everyone with this pin and talking to Kaneda, you're selling? Why?

#6194 5 years ago

zaphX has 2 PoTC's... one in his home in California, and the other in his other home in Texas. He has mentioned this in earlier posts.

#6195 5 years ago

Definitely not selling mine. This pin has legs.

#6196 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

What size speakers are in this? I always replace all the speakers in my Stern games with Kicker or Pioneer in the back and a Pyle sub in the cab and it makes a huge difference.

I got one of the top speakers out and it's a Goldwood GM-85/8 (5 1/4" mid-range driver). But then I looked and saw there are also a couple front facing tweeters that can be accessed with a T15 bit to remove the panel. So, don't think I'll bother changing these speakers out. But I will try a sub in the cab. Might do an external sub hookup as well. Headphones sound great, too.

#6197 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

zaphX has 2 PoTC's... one in his home in California, and the other in his other home in Texas. He has mentioned this in earlier posts.

Correct. I am only selling the dupe. The one in my permanent home is never leaving.

#6198 5 years ago

Just got word my LE is on it's way to be delivered today. Decided to cancel it though and order Black Knight 3...jk lol. Couldn't imagine getting any other game right now, pumped.

It's time Pirates to join your JJP friends! 20190326_080311 (resized).jpg20190326_080311 (resized).jpg

#6199 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just got word my LE is on it's way to be delivered today. Decided to cancel it though and order Black Knight 3...jk lol. Couldn't imagine getting any other game right now, pumped.
It's time Pirates to join your JJP friends! [quoted image]

Just be like all the rich baby boomers on pinside and buy both!

#6200 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Just be like all the rich baby boomers on pinside and buy both!

I agree lets not make a mistake and miss out. Time for that workbench on the right of the picture to go.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/124?hl=heater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.