(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,874 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240204_044856660.MP (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-170723 (resized).png
PXL_20240128_214506994 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240128_224833483.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_0980 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0982 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0981 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,874 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 378.
#6051 5 years ago
Quoted from Michigan1837:

I apologize if this isn't the place to post this, but it seemed like a good place to start - are there any JJP PoTC Pinballs in Southeast Michigan that can be played by the public? I don't want to spend $8.5k just to try this thing, but I'm curious if it's fun or not.
Thanks!

There's one location an hour away from you in Hamburg that has in May at the Ann Arbor show:
Vintage Flipper World
Spicer Rd, Brighton, MI 48116, USA

More immediately, three pinsiders have it in your area and might invite you to try it if asked nicely, too.

#6052 5 years ago

I apologize if this isn't the place to post this, but it seemed like a good place to start - are there any JJP PoTC Pinballs in Southeast Michigan that can be played by the public? I don't want to spend $8.5k just to try this thing, but I'm curious if it's fun or not.
Thanks!

There is a standard at Marvin’s, as far as I know it is the only JJP Pirates on location in Michigan. I went there a bunch and put in a lot of quarters before I made the call.

#6053 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's one location an hour away from you in Hamburg that has in May at the Ann Arbor show:
Vintage Flipper World
Spicer Rd, Brighton, MI 48116, USA
More immediately, three pinsiders have it in your area and might invite you to try it if asked nicely, too.

I think this show is already sold out unfortunately. Also unfortunately my game isn’t playing 100% and I’m out of the country for a bit or I’d invite you over.

FYI for y’all traveling internationally make sure to get some Havana Club at duty free on the way home. Can’t get it in the states and I’m hoping a bottle will help me fix my chest when I’m home.

#6054 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I think this show is already sold out unfortunately. Also unfortunately my game isn’t playing 100% and I’m out of the country for a bit or I’d invite you over.
FYI for y’all traveling internationally make sure to get some Havana Club at duty free on the way home. Can’t get it in the states and I’m hoping a bottle will help me fix my chest when I’m home.

Honestly, as the LEs are evaporating, I think there's very little chance of taking a bath on it if you buy it and find it's not for you then sell it in a month. The LEs will be rare for quite a while, maybe permanently.

FINDING an LE NIB is getting harder by the day now, though.

#6055 5 years ago

Thanks!

9.5, don't skimp and get the standard

#6056 5 years ago

Several TWIPYs for our favorite game tonight!

Best toys and gimmicks
Best light show
Best theme integration
Best animation

Congratulations to all the folks who worked so hard to bring Pirates into the world.

Their work brings joy to our lives!

#6057 5 years ago

So I just got my LE set up today! It is amazing.. everything as good as I expected. I had only played this game in a loud bar or at a pinball show. If you have not played this game at your house where you can hear it then you are missing out. The sounds etc on this pin are the best I have heard on any pinball.. It makes me wonder if I should start getting more JJP's?!

#6058 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

PoTC
PoTCLE
PoTCCE
PoTC Black Pearl (future edition?)

If we get something like WOZ with ruby red, yellow brick road, extra special LE etc out of this game it will be my last JJP for sure.

#6059 5 years ago

The more we play ours the more we like it. My wife is always skeptical of games at first however she makes sure she plays for almost an hour every night. That’s how much she likes this game.

What she likes even more is the mods. Every mod I’ve added she has commented how awesome they are, that they belong, and more importantly she feels they should have been on there since the beginning. If only she knew how much this silly ass game has cost lol

My point is I am not as convinced this game is the GOAT as many others are but one thing is for sure this is the BEST home pin ever. Anyone that has not played this game at home has truly missed out on the whole experience. I can’t even imagine playing this on location. I am sure I would walk away after only a few games. Seriously you have to play this at home to see how good it is

#6060 5 years ago

I hate to say it but with this upward trend of JJP's, and now with starting to scale things back (a la 'get less for more' mentality), this leaves an opening for Deep Root. We'll see if DR puts their money where their mouth is. One or two titles to come in under Stern Pro titles and it will be anyone's guess as to what the future holds. Assuming that they materialize of course

#6061 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

...My wife is always skeptical of games at first... ...If only she knew how much this silly ass game has cost lol...

I just had to cut this together.

I am sure that there is a high percentage of members whose wife has near zero idea of the actual cost of some of these pins. It is boggles my mind how that is possible in 2019.

That said, I traded the wife for a GF who actually loves pinball, even wants these things in the dining room.

#6062 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I hate to say it but with this upward trend of JJP's, and now with starting to scale things back (a la 'get less for more' mentality), this leaves an opening for Deep Root. We'll see if DR puts their money where their mouth is. One or two titles to come in under Stern Pro titles and it will be anyone's guess as to what the future holds. Assuming that they materialize of course

Deeproot is just vaporware with a butthole logo at this point. I'll seriously consider them once they have playable products shown and pricing.

#6063 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

You’re going to want a set of nut drivers. It makes this work SO much easier.
I like these, but hardware stores sell similar sets: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-1398
Find Butch Peel’s “Tools of the Trade” video for lots of good info on pinball tools.

Flip up playfield 100% as you said, I watched butch video you kindly sent, loosened the nut with ease in this position, adjust flipper and really tightened as gentleman said in video super tight and game it’s perfect now! Thank you!!

#6064 5 years ago

Hi everybody,

Have an le coming soon, what are the protectors and mods that are popular with this title?

Thanks

#6065 5 years ago

Anyone know if JJP will be keeping parts on hand for future repairs?

#6066 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone know if JJP will be keeping parts on hand for future repairs?

I would think they will. Biggest culprit I can see for future issues is the chest mech, everything else seems to be very reliable. Even the chest issues though just seem to require tweaking.

#6067 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

For mine, just the bottom ones. The top was close but I caught it before it cut through. I put a clear coat on the top ones.

I have noticed, with potc... it is not easy to post pass with the factory posts. did you find it easier to post pass, with the addition of the star posts?

#6068 5 years ago

Im getting a right flipper EOS switch stuck message. Which switch is that?
Thanks!

#6069 5 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Hi everybody,
Have an le coming soon, what are the protectors and mods that are popular with this title?
Thanks

Email cliff to get on the list for his full set of protectors, first thing.

www.passionforpinball.com

#6070 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Im getting a right flipper EOS switch stuck message. Which switch is that?
Thanks!

Likely the blades of the switch just need to be adjusted closer together when the flipper is a rest. Visually look at them and see if they're touching when the flipper's at rest, then manually move the flipper while watching the switch and see if moving the flipper opens the gap.

It also may be a broken switch wire, but at this point it's unlikely.

#6071 5 years ago

For those that missed it:

Jack's exact words about JJP POTC are:

"We ordered parts for X amount of games, and we can only build as many games as we have parts for.... and we are out of parts.... We don't have any plan to build the game again right now. That doesn't mean we won't build the game again in the future, we have the license for a few more years... It's not because the game isn't a great game, it's just that we want to go build another game and another game and another game.... We don't have anything in stock. I got in trouble with some of my distributors who got mad at me because they thought we would have more games... but distributors sold out of their games and we don't have any more. I'm happy the demand is there but I'm not happy that everyone who wanted a game didn't get one."

#6072 5 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

So I just got my LE set up today! It is amazing.. everything as good as I expected. I had only played this game in a loud bar or at a pinball show. If you have not played this game at your house where you can hear it then you are missing out. The sounds etc on this pin are the best I have heard on any pinball.. It makes me wonder if I should start getting more JJP's?!

Hi I’m a BIG fan of JJP games. I have all four JJP pinball games at home and I love all of them in different ways.
Dialed in LE and JJP POTC LE is two of my favorite pinball games.
Hope you have a opportunity in the future to have more JJP Pinball games.
Best regards Ylva

96DCF4A4-76A4-4B4E-9A94-26E943728B36 (resized).jpeg96DCF4A4-76A4-4B4E-9A94-26E943728B36 (resized).jpeg
#6073 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I got in trouble with some of my distributors who got mad at me because they thought we would have more games... but distributors sold out of their games and we don't have any more.

When listening to jack about that and the fact that WOZ YBR will only be sold trough distributors, it kinda sounds like he is trying to get The distributors to have more stock. In other words, it’s the distributors fault that not more POTC are out there.

#6074 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

When listening to jack about that and the fact that WOZ YBR will only be sold trough distributors, it kinda sounds like he is trying to get The distributors to have more stock. In other words, it’s the distributors fault that not more POTC are out there.

I hadn't thought of that, but maybe you're right and he's trying to get them to carry more inventory instead of doing just-in-time orders for customers a few at a time.

#6075 5 years ago

My thoughts exactly. See my post #6036 from the TPF.

#6076 5 years ago

1. This game gets better and better every time I play it.
2. Minor bug. Sometimes when I'm in the yellow multiball (curse of black pearl?) Where you have to hit the canon shot for jackpot...which is hard as hell during multi ball.. the few rare occasions I have made that shot, I have also simultaneously started a second multiball. The ball gets stuck in the canon while the animation for the other multiball plays. The canon ball will eventually just dribble out of the canon, not letting me fire it.
3. That extra ball shot is a beotch. I love it. Although I drained with one lit just now. Arrr.

#6077 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

I actually took it as he is only selling YBR to distributors to make up for it. He won’t sell YBR directly to consumers. That benefits the distributors.

#6078 5 years ago

Leg light ups, logo projector, and wave projector, coin door plaque display added. Still a lot of mods to add but thought that this looked pretty good and wanted to post it. I know mods aren't for everyone.

20190324_200840 (resized).jpg20190324_200840 (resized).jpg
Without the waves

20190324_200428 (resized).jpg20190324_200428 (resized).jpg
#6079 5 years ago

Looks as if most everyone is out. It will be interesting to see if more are made.

#6080 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

2. Minor bug. Sometimes when I'm in the yellow multiball (curse of black pearl?) Where you have to hit the canon shot for jackpot...which is hard as hell during multi ball.. the few rare occasions I have made that shot, I have also simultaneously started a second multiball. The ball gets stuck in the canon while the animation for the other multiball plays. The canon ball will eventually just dribble out of the canon, not letting me fire it.

Pinball-Keefer's post #5216 indicates that will be fixed in the next code release. Here's a link to his post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/105#post-4872993

#6081 5 years ago

My game is playing beautifully but I am going to have to call JJP about my sound issues which persist. I have tried the couple of suggestions way back in the thread with resetting audio connectors etc... but they have not resolved the issues.

Between the sound popping/clicks (no not the loud initial pop on power up) and the audio which seems to sort of cut out, it is enough to bother me. I've had a couple people notice it without me mentioning it.

I will go back and see if there were other suggestions.

#6082 5 years ago

Unplug the headphone jack harness from the bottom right corner of the motherboard. You have to do it there - not from the front board by the door. Unplug at motherboard, leave unplugged, play game and evaluate then

#6083 5 years ago

So for the life of me, I can't figure out which is the right switch EOS that is stuck open! Can anyone point it out for me?

#6084 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

So for the life of me, I can't figure out which is the right switch EOS that is stuck open! Can anyone point it out for me?

It’s a leaf switch that gets hit when the flipper is up. Follow the travel and you’ll find it.

If it’s stuck open, check that it closes properly when the flipper is up and that the wires are attached properly.

#6085 5 years ago

Thanks @zaphx ,
Still not sure where I'm looking. Is it the leaf switch that is hit buy the flipper button on the side? Sorry, I'm really new to this.

Thanks

#6086 5 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

Thanks @zaphx ,
Still not sure where I'm looking. Is it the leaf switch that is hit buy the flipper button on the side? Sorry, I'm really new to this.
Thanks

It's on the under-playfield assembly directly underneath the flipper bats.

#6087 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for being patient! It was the third wire on the left side that runs to the right flipper that broke off. Will solder it tomorrow AM. You all are awesome!

#6088 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Updated my posts just to stop the progression of the chipping around the bottom sling posts. Looks pretty good and covers up any of the chipping that has already occurred. More of a protective measure than a design one. Went with light blue star posts.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did this end the chipping? Or did the clear bubble up around them also?

#6089 5 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Did this end the chipping? Or did the clear bubble up around them also?

Only chipped at the bottom posts. I also sanded down the other post flat on the bottom. And for me, cliffy’s were a must. Had damage at the map and Tortuga holes.

#6090 5 years ago

Hogbog Could you please chime in regarding the posts and the dimensions of the washer underneath?
And would it affect gameplay to switch to star posts? (i know the aestetics would defiantly change.)

#6091 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I have noticed, with potc... it is not easy to post pass with the factory posts. did you find it easier to post pass, with the addition of the star posts?

I have no trouble post passing. Do it all the time. Have factory posts and 6.5 degrees.

#6092 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

hogbog Could you please chime in regarding the posts and the dimensions of the washer underneath?
And would it affect gameplay to switch to star posts? (i know the aestetics would defiantly change.)

He was at the Texas show all weekend so you may not get an answer right away. Cool guy, showing us a lot of stuff on the game and even jumped in with us to play

#6093 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

My game is playing beautifully but I am going to have to call JJP about my sound issues which persist. I have tried the couple of suggestions way back in the thread with resetting audio connectors etc... but they have not resolved the issues.
Between the sound popping/clicks (no not the loud initial pop on power up) and the audio which seems to sort of cut out, it is enough to bother me. I've had a couple people notice it without me mentioning it.

You may need a group loop noise isolator. JJP included them with some of their past games but doesn't with their latest (not sure on Pirates). If you are having sound popping / crackling issues it can help. JJP may send you one for free as long as it's under warranty. If not they are fairly cheap on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa

#6094 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

For those that missed it:
Jack's exact words about JJP POTC are:
"We ordered parts for X amount of games, and we can only build as many games as we have parts for.... and we are out of parts.... We don't have any plan to build the game again right now. That doesn't mean we won't build the game again in the future, we have the license for a few more years... It's not because the game isn't a great game, it's just that we want to go build another game and another game and another game.... We don't have anything in stock. I got in trouble with some of my distributors who got mad at me because they thought we would have more games... but distributors sold out of their games and we don't have any more. I'm happy the demand is there but I'm not happy that everyone who wanted a game didn't get one."

This is fascinating - this really implies that they underestimated the demand for the game. I was not interested at -all- based on theme, but started to see the playfield and rules and suddenly got -very- interested. They must just be gearing up for the next game.

#6095 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I was not interested at -all- based on theme, but started to see the playfield and rules and suddenly got -very- interested.

I haven't seen any of the movies and had no interest in the theme. After playing 3 games and reading up on the rules, it was clear that if I wanted a game with very long legs for home use, able to offer depth and challenge even to my extraordinarily skilled son, Pirates was a clear winner. Our experience since its arrival in December has only further validated that impression.

As more people get the chance to experience extended free play in quiet environments and get a better sense of the game's very high quality, I expect there will be considerable pent-up demand when they decide it's time to build them again.

#6096 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Unplug the headphone jack harness from the bottom right corner of the motherboard. You have to do it there - not from the front board by the door. Unplug at motherboard, leave unplugged, play game and evaluate then

If unplugging the headphone jack harness solved the popping and noise cut outs (like it did for me), check to see if your harness runs down the left bottom hole in the backbox. If so, check to see if it is tie wrapped to the power connector to the boards on the inside of the backbox (like mine was). Cutting that tie wrap helped "a little". I routed a new harness down the right side and still had the problem, but a lot less. Without it tie wrapped down, if I moved the harness around in the bottom cabinet, it would change. Butch had advised me to keep it away from the green/white power lines and transformer, but it does have to cross over at one point and he advised to elevate the harness over the power where possible. I went as far as to purchase a EMI protected sheathing for the harness ... still have the popping/dropouts - that was a fail. I plan on routing the harness along the right side panel, but low enough to not interfere with raising the playfield, then cross over to the left side of the playfield half way up to the speaker. If the harness gets close to the speaker, the popping will get worse also. I'm just posting so you know that you are not alone with this one (that is a real head scratcher), and some of the extreme things that I have tried. Play with the harness routing and you will probably see a difference - good or bad.

#6097 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You may need a group loop noise isolator. JJP included them with some of their past games but doesn't with their latest (not sure on Pirates). If you are having sound popping / crackling issues it can help. JJP may send you one for free as long as it's under warranty. If not they are fairly cheap on Amazon.
amazon.com link »

This was already installed from the factory on my game, played with it in different ways and was not the problem in this particular case with my similar problem.

#6098 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

amazon.com link »

GLIs are installed in all Pirates games at the factory. They are usually mounted in the upper corner of the backbox.

#6099 5 years ago

Played with Tia Dalma yesterday and just focussed on one movie each game. Played three games and got to a different wiz mode each time.
I admit, when this game first came out, I was thinking choosing between all these characters was too much, but I have to say now....it's awesome.

When you plunder an opponents character, I guess you take theirs/lose yours and then they have to choose another?

#6100 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

GLIs are installed in all Pirates games at the factory. They are usually mounted in the upper corner of the backbox.

That's great to hear, didn't want to deal with that issue again. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

29,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Wanted
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 18,874 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/122?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.