(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17,338 posts
  • 579 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Green-Machine
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

34528E2A-0903-4633-AD98-0DA8B7B0886F (resized).jpeg
IMG_20211118_172033 (resized).jpg
4564f5476863f3d9a4f671f3b2d0315a--gilda-radner-cheddar (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
flipper rubber black pearl - (resized).jpg
IMG_20211112_172417 (resized).jpg
2021-11-12 12.29.01 (resized).jpg
JJPPOTC_WIFI_c (resized).PNG
JJPPOTC_WIFI (resized).PNG
JJPPOTC_WIFI_a (resized).PNG
IMG_20211105_2244255 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211105_2224549 (resized).jpg
magic-8-ball (resized).png
IMG_20211019_203123 (resized).jpg
24E1C677-D5AD-478A-90D6-3B16F421BBF9 (resized).jpeg
2D35DB6D-BDEB-45B3-9DF6-DB1410F5E0A7 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 347.
#6001 2 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Here is a picture from the post on one of the games on location.
[quoted image]
I highly doubt that this is something they have done with the game.
[quoted image]

They, uh, forgot to take the bubble wrap out from under the Brittania ship that stabilizes it for shipping...

#6002 2 years ago

At the JJP seminar at TPF. They just announced they have the Pirates license for 3 more years. Can we call out and hold those to account those posters that keep saying the license is done?

#6003 2 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

At the JJP seminar at TPF. They just announced they have the Pirates license for 3 more years. Can we call out and hold those to account those posters that keep saying the license is done?

Yes Jack said they have the license for 3 more years but! He said they have X amount of parts for X amount of games and that's how many they can build. Jack said he can never say never about building it again but there was no definitive "yes". Sounds like it may done for good but Jack didn't want to say so.

#6004 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes Jack said they have the license for 3 more years but! He said they have X amount of parts for X amount of games and that's how many they can build. Jack said he can never say never about building it again but there was no definitive "yes". Sounds like it may done for good but Jack didn't want to say so.

They have the license for at least 3 more years.

X = 5 to 5000?

They’ll build more, the market will show that there is demand.

No FOMO worries here for me, I can wait till they start making them again if I can’t get one right now...

#6005 2 years ago

Jack said: "there is no plans to build more at this time but that doesn't mean we won't build more, we have the license for another 3 years."

#6006 2 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Jack said: "there is no plans to build more at this time but that doesn't mean we won't build more, we have the license for another 3 years."

Yup, could mean yes could mean no. I'm thinking no.

#6007 2 years ago

It’s such an amazing game! Hope they build a shit ton of it. It has that special something. I can’t wait to see what Hogbog comes up with next

GOAT

No pressure

#6008 2 years ago

Also, Eric said Keith was sick for two weeks which has pushed the next Pirates update back a bit. Keith has been working on the games super wizard mode, 1.0 update will hopefully be released soon.

#6009 2 years ago

PoTC
PoTCLE
PoTCCE
PoTC Black Pearl (future edition?)

#6010 2 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Where those the standard size villathrills ?

Yep, look good and fit just fine. Have not had any issues with the ball getting stuck or anything.

From same post...

F8A0FBC4-4845-4B58-90E3-1C11A10D51F7 (resized).jpeg
#6011 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

PoTC Black Pearl (future edition?)

I'd be in on that one!

#6012 2 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

I'd be in on that one!

$11,500 and no rocking ship lol.

#6013 2 years ago

Glad I just went in on the LE because he sure didnt sound to confident on building more...

#6014 2 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Yep, look good and fit just fine. Have not had any issues with the ball getting stuck or anything.
From same post...[quoted image]

So these replace the existing posts, and they help because they're splayed out a bit more than standard posts?

If the game ships with metal washers, should I keep them in place and also add these?

Thanks everyone for your additional comments and suggestions and links!

#6015 2 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Glad I just went in on the LE because he sure didnt sound to confident on building more...

It was the least confident I've heard Jack speak about something since JJP started.

#6016 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It was the least confident I've heard Jack speak about something since JJP started.

The dude went through hellish development only to have it all be for naught when the discgate thing meted out almost unprecedented fan punishment at launch and hundreds of orders evaporated. I'm sure he's still licking his wounds privately.

The irony is, it actually seems like a pretty good game and demand is building up that will now apparently go unfulfilled.

But c'est la vie I guess. On to Wonka and Guns'n'Roses!

#6017 2 years ago

Okay my trunk lock rejects are mostly fixed. As I kind of thought initially (having nothing to compare it to, I wasn't 100% sure), the tines of the fork were bent towards the right wall of the chest entrance on the back, causing the ball to hit the wall on the right side of the chest hole and reject. iPhone slo-mo to the rescue.

Removed the assembly, bent both tines back toward the left, reinstalled, and I can make 3 out of 4 shots into the chest lock now. I might fine-tune it later, but it's pretty much fixed now.

One other thing that's cropped up is black screens on the bonus screen? Just the bonus text and music, but no random video playing behind it? Is this a timed bug? I've had the machine on for hours and this started happening...

Also, what's the deal with the black screen in attract mode that is all black except for "GAME #84" (the number of the game)? I have that off in the settings, but even if it was on, really? An all black screen with white text with the game number but nothing else?

#6018 2 years ago

The bonus screen black backgrounds are a known thing that I believe Keith is addressing in the next code update. I didn’t see them on my game until I turned off the protips but I’m not certain if the two things are related. The other situation I hadn’t heard about before.

#6019 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The bonus screen black backgrounds are a known thing that I believe Keith is addressing in the next code update. I didn’t see them on my game until I turned off the protips but I’m not certain if the two things are related. The other situation I hadn’t heard about before.

Ah, we just turned off the tips. That must be it.

But yeah, the "Game#84" black screen with that white text in the middle in attract mode is weird, and I have the game number option turned off in the settings.

Another thing I haven't figured out is sometimes the character you have chosen will change to the #1 guy on the list without you selecting it - like well after the initial selection and ball launch I look up and I have a different character. It seems like a definite bug.

I really should start a running list of Pirates bugs and when they're fixed like I've done for a few Sterns...

#6020 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Agreed. Plus I found it both sad and confusing that he acknowledged that distributors were upset with him that they couldn’t buy More POTC games and he stated we are done. Then proceeded to unveil that sad looking over priced safety yellow WOZ. So confusing.

#6021 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed. Plus I found it both sad and confusing that he acknowledged that distributors were upset with him that they couldn’t buy More POTC games and he stated we are done. Then proceeded to unveil that sad looking over priced safety yellow WOZ. So confusing.

And leaving Eric Meunier to twist in the wind while he tries to say something upbeat about POTC - the game no longer in production.

#6022 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Agreed. Plus I found it both sad and confusing... Then proceeded to unveil that sad looking over priced safety yellow WOZ. So confusing.

That's exactly what I thought! Safety/hazard yellow?odd to me. Jack did say the it is a glitter yellow but boy, it certainly does not show in any of the pics and at $11500 USD... pass!

The one thing that I do like the sound of is the glitter playfield that Mirco has custom made for these. I'd put one in my ECLE, but likely not available.

Super pleased that I decided to keep my ECLE and upgraded to 2.0, instead of selling and waiting for the YBR. Next title please

IMG_20181109_1953575 (resized).jpgIMG_20181109_1954060 (resized).jpg
#6023 2 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

So these replace the existing posts, and they help because they're splayed out a bit more than standard posts?
If the game ships with metal washers, should I keep them in place and also add these?
Thanks everyone for your additional comments and suggestions and links!

Correct. For me it covered up any chipping that had happened. The original thin posts had an edge on it that dig into the playfield artwork and eventually chipped the playfield. I put nail polish on those spots to stop any further and this post over top. The color matches pretty well at least on the bottom posts but that is personal preference.

#6024 2 years ago

Correct. For me it covered up any chipping that had happened. The original thin posts had an edge on it that dig into the playfield artwork and eventually chipped the playfield. I put nail polish on those spots to stop any further and this post over top. The color matches pretty well at least on the bottom posts but that is personal preference.

Did you replace all 6 posts under the 2 slings...or just the bottom 2 ?

#6025 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Did you replace all 6 posts under the 2 slings...or just the bottom 2 ?

For mine, just the bottom ones. The top was close but I caught it before it cut through. I put a clear coat on the top ones.

#6026 2 years ago

Who would have thought there would be no Flying Monkey on the new woz . oh that's right ....

Quoted from screaminr:

it's going to be a yellow brick road version stripped down no flying monkey

#6027 2 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

If there is demand, I can't see why they wouldn't build more... Unless there is little profit margin (which I hope at $9500 there is a healthy margin). This "almost out of parts" thing doesn't make sense to me... I'm guessing they had to order more parts for all the runs of WoZ.

I personally think this "POTC is/may be done" stuff was to create a fear of shortage to drive sales.

POTC is a great game, and people are realizing that. My prediction... We'll see at least one more build between new games or on the second line.

FYI - I didn't watch the presentation, so I'm taking what was said by Jack from what others have posted.

#6028 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

If there is demand, I can't see why they wouldn't build more... Unless there is little profit margin (which I hope at $9500 there is a healthy margin). This "almost out of parts" thing doesn't make sense to me... I'm guessing they had to order more parts for all the runs of WoZ.
I personally think this "POTC is/may be done" stuff was to create a fear of shortage to drive sales.
POTC is a great game, and people are realizing that. My prediction... We'll see at least one more build between new games or on the second line.
FYI - I didn't watch the presentation, so I'm taking what was said by Jack from what others have posted.

I think they are struggling to make a profit. The reason maybe they are not making more POTC's, is because they cannot cover costs. JJp puts out a hi end game. Keeping costs under control and maintaining high quality is very difficult in any manufacturing business. The recent price jump with less mechanisms in WOZ may be indicative of a cost control issue.

#6029 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I’ll say with about 99.99% certainty that the margin isn’t healthy and if this is true, they can have all the demand in the world and it would still make little sense to make more without a price hike to pad the margin.

It’s a shame because it’s a great game.

JJP really really needs to get over the hump to build 2 new games per year and it will mitigate this problem and Should slightly lower overall costs to the end user, as long as they don’t get greedy!

#6030 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ll say with about 99.99% certainty that the margin isn’t healthy and if this is true, they can have all the demand in the world and it would still make little sense to make more without a price hike to pad the margin.
JJP really really needs to get over the hump to build 2 new games per year and it will mitigate this problem and Should slightly lower overall costs to the end user, as long as they don’t get greedy!

Yup, that's what I'm thinking it is. POTC may simply be too expensive for JJP to build. I wouldn't be surprised if a year from now at TPF 2020 we hear about a Black Pearl Limited Edition that costs $11,500.

#6031 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, that's what I'm thinking it is. POTC may simply be too expensive for JJP to build. I wouldn't be surprised if a year from now at TPF 2020 we hear about a Black Pearl Limited Edition that costs $11,500.

Well, if that comes to fruition I think it will be another collector edition very limited 100-200 with an even higher price tag than the current CE. I’m not advocating this but as you can see with this Woz offering, it needs to be financially sound for them to do it. If woz is now 11500, then a new pirates edition will likely be even higher.

#6032 2 years ago

So here is a random, very noobie question. I'm at work and not near my machine, but how do you pull the pinballs out to replace them? I apologize for the lame question!

#6033 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If the margin is the case, then I am with you.

#6034 2 years ago
Quoted from Heater:

So here is a random, very noobie question. I'm at work and not near my machine, but how do you pull the pinballs out to replace them? I apologize for the lame question!

Take glass off, open coindoor and look for the coil that puts the ball in the shooterlane. Manually flip that coil up with one finger and if you do that hard and quick enough a ball will come into the shooterlane. Take the ball out and repeat.

#6035 2 years ago

Perfect and thanks!

#6036 2 years ago

My wife and I were there when Jack made his announcements re. POTC production and the unveiling of the WOZ YBR; from our observations, neither event was well received. Re. POTC production, Jack seemed quite uncomfortable in explaining it and was a bit defensive in blaming distributors for disappointing customers by not having ordered and stocked more machines. We think his mindset on that may help explain why WOZ YBR will only be available from distributors and cannot be directly ordered from JJP itself. We think he is hoping that given the experience of running out of POTC's and now being the exclusive source for the new WOZ, distributors will be inclined to order and stock the game.
We are not so sure and judging from our own reaction, the seminar audience's , and recent pinside posts, the new WOZ is disappointing. Unless the hefty price is to provide better margins for the distributor, they would be well advised to avoid the inventory risk that Jack may be wanting them to accept. We personally do not think that at $11500, it will be an easy sell. It will be even tougher if a new game is introduced soon. Just our opinion.

#6037 2 years ago

First off wanted to say thank you to the MANY POTC members we met at TPFthis weekend. It was a sincere pleasure to meet so many of you and put a face to the avatar so to speak. With that said not to further pile on to JJP but after that WOZ old Yellar unveil I was starting to feel a Whole lot better spending that cash on the POTC CE now! Lol Looks like the deal of the century in my eyes on what I suspect will go down as their greatest achievements. Congrats to the individual I seen buying what appeared to be the last POTC CE at the show. You beat me to it!

#6038 2 years ago

Are LE’s available at the TPF? Thinking of driving up there right now but only if LE’s are still available. Thanks!

#6039 2 years ago

I also agree that it's a cost thing. More then ever actually after they released WoZ yellow for 11.5 - an obvious increase in their margins.

POTC is prob the most loaded Pinball made ever. Speaking of, isn't it amazing how you don't see any POTC LEs for sale used? You're prob seeing the last "deal" from JJP if this trend continues. WW at 11.5 I'm out

#6040 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Are LE’s available at the TPF? Thinking of driving up there right now but only if LE’s are still available. Thanks!

Contact Joe at PinballStar.

I think he might still have a few LEs

#6041 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I saw a couple in the Kingpin booth but with “sold” tags on them.

#6042 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I saw a couple in the Kingpin booth but with “sold” tags on them.

Darn it! I contacted a friend of mine and also told me the same thing. I was ready to make the drive just to play it and buy it but I better avoid the 8hr drive (each way)

This POTC production stoppage really sucks!

#6043 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Contact Joe at PinballStar.
I think he might still have a few LEs

Thanks! Do you know his screen name?

#6044 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks! Do you know his screen name?

Even better....call him!

A6461638-E429-434B-AF22-BCEA4016333B (resized).png
#6045 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Even better....call him!
[quoted image]

Thanks!!!!

#6046 2 years ago

So if I'm getting a table in new, would you just remove the washers and replace all six posts while I'm at it? Or leave the washers and replace the posts also?

I just figure being anal is better than messing things up.

Have you had this occur with other tables? Do you think it's more them over tightening these posts or the posts and force of the slings themselves?

Thanks again for all the tips!

#6047 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I also agree that it's a cost thing. More then ever actually after they released WoZ yellow for 11.5 - an obvious increase in their margins.
POTC is prob the most loaded Pinball made ever. Speaking of, isn't it amazing how you don't see any POTC LEs for sale used? You're prob seeing the last "deal" from JJP if this trend continues. WW at 11.5 I'm out

Mechanically, The Hobbit is the most loaded, but most of it's under the playfield. The underside of Pirates looks positively sparse by comparison.

#6048 2 years ago

So got my kraken today wow that is a mod that looks like it should have came with game great job mod couple

#6049 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mechanically, The Hobbit is the most loaded, but most of it's under the playfield. The underside of Pirates looks positively sparse by comparison.

As a previous Hobbit owner I would agree that its the most loaded table under the pf. Good thing that no one cares about what's underneath the pf haha.

I guess I could rephrase that pirates is the most loaded on the pf...

#6050 2 years ago

I apologize if this isn't the place to post this, but it seemed like a good place to start - are there any JJP PoTC Pinballs in Southeast Michigan that can be played by the public? I don't want to spend $8.5k just to try this thing, but I'm curious if it's fun or not.

Thanks!

There are 17,338 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 347.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside