(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 378.
#5951 5 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I've been eyeing the kraken for a couple weeks now just ordered yesterday.

My wife loves the dog and monkey. The Kraken, Dead men tell no tales sign, cannon, and coins around action button are must haves.

#5952 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My wife loves the dog and monkey. The Kraken, Dead men tell no tales sign, cannon, and coins around action button are must haves.

Your to kind thank you. We sincerely appreciate everyone’s support and more importantly feedback to create things people will enjoy. My wife and I hope to meet a few Pirates at TPF this weekend!

#5953 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Your to kind thank you. We sincerely appreciate everyone’s support and more importantly feedback to create things people will enjoy. My wife and I hope to meet a few Pirates at TPF this weekend!

Hope to meet you there!

#5954 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Hah! Thanks. Didn't even look at the screen when I took the picture. And thank you for making this game even more beautiful. Your mods fit right in. Especially the Kraken. Looks like it was part of the original design.

The kraken is one of the best mods of all time.

#5955 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Kudos!!
Great mods for a great gameGreat mods for a great gameHope everyone who meets up at TPF has a great time.

#5956 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

That is by far, the best pirate I ever saw! And 'ole Tortuga Tom solved the non-centered topper issue for me as well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nicely placed AND nicely played!

Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

... Hope everyone who meets up at TPF has a great time.

Wish i could be there. My thanks to all the JJP POTC fans that have made this thread so enjoyable as well as SO informational!

#5957 5 years ago

It seems like there's been discussion about it, but I can't find it. Is there some adjustment for the trunk lock forks? I can get it in there when it's lit maybe one out of 30 tries. I even upped the flipper power a few notches, but I cannot get the balls in the trunk. One ball lock in a whole game and I'm doing good. Suggestions?

#5958 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It seems like there's been discussion about it, but I can't find it. Is there some adjustment for the trunk lock forks? I can get it in there when it's lit maybe one out of 30 tries. I even upped the flipper power a few notches, but I cannot get the balls in the trunk. One ball lock in a whole game and I'm doing good. Suggestions?

Are the fork screws loose? Fork assembly comes out with 5 screws, then the fork is held by 2. Make sure they are tight.

#5959 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Are the fork screws loose? Fork assembly comes out with 5 screws, then the fork is held by 2. Make sure they are tight.

I checked that already. The screws are tight, but it seems like the tines are off center, biased toward the right side of the playfield cutouts. Are they supposed to be dead center?

#5960 5 years ago

I finally fixed my treasure chest issue tonight for good. All you guys with locked balls in the treasure chest not releasing during multi ball, here’s your fix. Basically, the chest is too level and not angled to the left enough for the balls to roll out. The black foam inside the chest is intended to be there and is NOT the issue. The fix is to remove the nut holding down the right side of the chest. Then install a second identical nut on the threads first and tighten it down. Position the chest bracket back over the bolt and install the other nut to secure the chest. You’ve effectively added more left angle to the chest and now the balls will roll out of the chest much easier.

I had slightly magnetized Ninja balls and replaced them with new ones which made no difference, but raising the right side of the chest fixed this issue for good. So nice to lock three balls in the chest multiple times in a game and have them release like they should now. You may have to bend the release arm slightly towards the closed position if the balls are rolling out of the chest and overpowering the hold arm as they will have more weight and momentum. I also turned the left and right lower flipper power settings up to 30 to make treasure chest shots more consistent.

Now I need to figure out how to fix the loose slingshot posts from tearing into the playfield art and chipping it. Maybe replace those thin posts with regular star posts to protect and also cover the existing damage? The screen in the backbox is also won’t stay level and locked in the latches. I’ve tried messing with it over and over and as soon as I install the backglass, it pops out of the latches and sags on one or both sides. Looks like crap and I want this fixed.

This thread is really great with everyone co tributing with mods and fixes. It’s an amazing game when everything works!
45D43AA8-7777-4DF3-84F6-D578573795C8 (resized).jpeg45D43AA8-7777-4DF3-84F6-D578573795C8 (resized).jpegF5F6D2EE-4B1B-4D77-A553-72C140DF345A (resized).jpegF5F6D2EE-4B1B-4D77-A553-72C140DF345A (resized).jpeg8B031C13-3820-4587-B0B3-EB6BAC433D88 (resized).jpeg8B031C13-3820-4587-B0B3-EB6BAC433D88 (resized).jpegA07A7B33-D5E9-4B81-8A68-B9DA4960CFEE (resized).jpegA07A7B33-D5E9-4B81-8A68-B9DA4960CFEE (resized).jpeg

#5961 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I finally fixed my treasure chest issue tonight for good. All you guys with locked balls in the treasure chest not releasing during multi ball, here’s your fix. Basically, the chest is too level and not angled to the left enough for the balls to roll out. The black foam inside the chest is intended to be there and is NOT the issue. The fix is to remove the nut holding down the right side of the chest. Then install a second identical nut on the threads first and tighten it down. Position the chest bracket back over the bolt and install the other nut to secure the chest. You’ve effectively added more left angle to the chest and now the balls will roll out of the chest much easier. I had slightly magnetized Ninja balls and replaced them with new ones and that made no difference, but raising the right side of the chest fixed this issue for good. So nice to lock three balls in the chest multiple times in a game and have them release like they should now. You may have to bend the release arm slightly towards the closed position if the balls are rolling out of the chest and overpowering the hold arm as they will have more weight and momentum.
Now I need to figure out how to fix the loose slingshot posts from tearing into the playfield art and chipping it. Maybe replace those thin posts with regular star posts to protect and also cover the existing damage? The screen in the backbox is also won’t stay level and locked in the latches. I’ve tried messing with it over and over and as soon as I install the backglass, it pops out of the latches and sags on one or both sides. Looks like crap and I want this fixed.
This thread is really great with everyone co tributing with mods and fixes. It’s an amazing game when everything works![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good tip on the chest.

For the thin posts on the slingshots, consider using rubber washers below the posts.

#5962 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I finally fixed my treasure chest issue tonight for good. All you guys with locked balls in the treasure chest not releasing during multi ball, here’s your fix. Basically, the chest is too level and not angled to the left enough for the balls to roll out. The black foam inside the chest is intended to be there and is NOT the issue. The fix is to remove the nut holding down the right side of the chest. Then install a second identical nut on the threads first and tighten it down. Position the chest bracket back over the bolt and install the other nut to secure the chest. You’ve effectively added more left angle to the chest and now the balls will roll out of the chest much easier.
I had slightly magnetized Ninja balls and replaced them with new ones which made no difference, but raising the right side of the chest fixed this issue for good. So nice to lock three balls in the chest multiple times in a game and have them release like they should now. You may have to bend the release arm slightly towards the closed position if the balls are rolling out of the chest and overpowering the hold arm as they will have more weight and momentum. I also turned the left and right lower flipper power settings up to 30 to make treasure chest shots more consistent.
This thread is really great with everyone co tributing with mods and fixes. It’s an amazing game when everything works!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Star post wld work well

#5963 5 years ago

I just got my le and disappointed balls keep getting stuck up top when hit up to the left game then keeps saying locating balls. ,, any help!

01CF8739-C932-4C90-A9B0-80911E1AF5E1 (resized).jpeg01CF8739-C932-4C90-A9B0-80911E1AF5E1 (resized).jpegAD5A152C-515A-48A5-BA7F-C3536DDB171F (resized).jpegAD5A152C-515A-48A5-BA7F-C3536DDB171F (resized).jpeg
#5964 5 years ago
Quoted from Clint12:

I just got my le and disappointed balls keep getting stuck up top when hit up to the left game then keeps saying locating balls. ,, any help!
[quoted image][quoted image]

One thing to check for the flipper error is to make sure that all the cables are plugged in properly behind the back glass. I had one that was not plugged in all the way and that fixed mine.

#5965 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for this! I won’t be able to try this for two more weeks but I’m hoping this will solve my problem, as it sounds extremely similar. Hopefully this gets added to the POTC fix page.

I have one question, before you did this fix when you powered on the game would the chest release arm fire 10-20 times even if there was no ball in there?

#5966 5 years ago
Quoted from wheels:

Good tip on the chest.
For the thin posts on the slingshots, consider using rubber washers below the posts.

Any idea what size washers and where to get them?

#5967 5 years ago

There was an issue posted by a couple owners 3-4 months back regarding playfield chipping caused by sling posts. I take it this has been resolved? Did anyone hear if it was an issue with the post design, posts being too tight and or an issue with some playfields?

#5968 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There was an issue posted by a couple owners 3-4 months back regarding playfield chipping caused by sling posts. I take it this has been resolved? Did anyone hear if it was an issue with the post design, posts being too tight and or an issue with some playfields?

Happened to look at my sling posts last night and have some concerns. Nothing major yet, but there is some early signs of wear. I will probably put silicone washers to protect. Looks similar to the TNA issue. Maybe a result from modern day clearcoat process?

#5969 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Happened to look at my sling posts last night and have some concerns. Nothing major yet, but there is some early signs of wear. I will probably put silicone washers to protect. Looks similar to the TNA issue. Maybe a result from modern day clearcoat process?

I'm not sure but theres no excuse for it with the prices of todays games. I'm not sure if JJP made some changes with the post design and or playfields over the past few months. If I may ask what is your build date? Are you seeing just an outline right now around the posts?

#5970 5 years ago

Build date was in December. Seeing very minor scratching on one of the right sling post bases and possible "heaping up" of paint around the lower right sling post. Signs that TNA folks saw before theirs cracked/chipped. Left sling posts look okay. I did turn down my sling coil power about 2 months ago because I was getting a lot of air balls over the flippers into the outlane or from sling shooting ball onto wireforms.

Just want to point out that this is nothing major and no damage done yet. But, I just want to do some preventative maintenance.

#5971 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Where can you get Silicon washers?

#5972 5 years ago

I remember this as well. I think most of the issue regarding the posts, was over tightening. Someone had taken them off and sanded the edges removing the edge. Others had also used a plastic type of washer, and some used a star post.
I have looked at mine and can see a little heaping or bulging or the clear.
Was wondering what star post size would be. I would prob go with those.

#5973 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Updated my posts just to stop the progression of the chipping around the bottom sling posts. Looks pretty good and covers up any of the chipping that has already occurred. More of a protective measure than a design one. Went with light blue star posts.

Found it!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5974 5 years ago

Where those the standard size VillaThrills ?

#5975 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I remember this as well. I think most of the issue regarding the posts, was over tightening. Someone had taken them off and sanded the edges removing the edge. Others had also used a plastic type of washer, and some used a star post.
I have looked at mine and can see a little heaping or bulging or the clear.
Was wondering what star post size would be. I would prob go with those.

Over tightening would sure do it. Just curious, what is the build date on your game? Wondering if JJP changed something at the factory on the latest games.

It's weird how some JJP pins use plastic cylinder posts, others are metal, and then some have star posts. Dialed In has a combination of metal posts and plastic star posts at the slings.

#5976 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

The issue with my chest lock seems to be the release arm. I can lock three balls in the chest but when multiball starts the balls cannot get past the arm which seems “stuck”

#5977 5 years ago

My build date was 10/18 LE#548

#5978 5 years ago

I may do star posts + washers...belt and suspenders.

#5979 5 years ago

Posts diameter is small causing more pressure on smaller footprint.Larger thin clear washer is what I would put on first.

#5980 5 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Posts diameter is small causing more pressure on smaller footprint.Larger thin clear washer is what I would put on first.

Do they just go on at the base on the playfield?

#5981 5 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

These have been used though on a lot games over the years including ones from Stern without issue. Maybe they were just being over tightened?

#5982 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

These have been used though on a lot games over the years including ones from Stern without issue. Maybe they were just being over tightened?

Art may be softer causing this.Washers on bottom or star posts will help.I would fill in the star post bottom with clear glue or silicon to make it flater.

#5983 5 years ago

On the LE on location here it has metal washers under the posts by the slingshots.

#5984 5 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Where can you get Silicon washers?

I use these as plastic protectors but they might work below the post also. Just not sure if 3/4" is too large? https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html

#5985 5 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I use these as plastic protectors but they might work below the post also. Just not sure if 3/4" is too large? https://www.pinballlife.com/clear-petg-fender-washers.html

These should be available at hardware stores also.

#5986 5 years ago

Texas Pinball Festival starts today, here's hoping we hear something about new Pirates code!

#5987 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Texas Pinball Festival starts today, here's hoping we hear something about new Pirates code!

Speaking as a software developer...the last thing I would do is launch new code when I’m away at a conference.

Not saying they won’t, but I would wait until afterward. Just me!

#5988 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Speaking as a software developer...the last thing I would do is launch new code when I’m away at a conference.
Not saying they won’t, but I would wait until afterward. Just me!

Yeah. I don't expect them to release it until after the show but just hoping a new code revision is at the the show

#5989 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah. I don't expect them to release it until after the show but just hoping a new code revision is at the the show

Now, that’s actually a good call. Announcing it and/or beta testing at the show while they can observe would be brilliant.

#5990 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Now, that’s actually a good call. Announcing it and/or beta testing at the show while they can observe would be brilliant.

Maybe we will hear something at the TPF seminar tonight. Wish I was there. For anyone interested can watch it below at the link below starting at 8pm EST.

https://m.twitch.tv/texas_pinball_seminar/profile

#5991 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Thank you for this! I won’t be able to try this for two more weeks but I’m hoping this will solve my problem, as it sounds extremely similar. Hopefully this gets added to the POTC fix page.
I have one question, before you did this fix when you powered on the game would the chest release arm fire 10-20 times even if there was no ball in there?

Glad to help and no, I didn't have the rapid fire issue with my chest release. Hope you figure that one out.

#5992 5 years ago
Quoted from ngg:

The issue with my chest lock seems to be the release arm. I can lock three balls in the chest but when multiball starts the balls cannot get past the arm which seems “stuck”

I had the same issue. You might need to turn up the chest coil strength value in the coil settings from 3 to 4 or 5. I also had to fiddle with the metal arm a few times to get the arm to rest just where it needs to be so the balls don't roll/push through the release arm or get stuck in the chest. You can very carefully bend that lock/release arm assembly forward or backward to adjust the position of the arm in closed position. Don't get too aggressive or you might break something. I finally got mine dialed in perfectly, but the extra lock nut on the right side of the chest is what finally fixed the three balls not releasing from the chest at the start of multiball.

#5993 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Found it![quoted image]

Nice. I will go ahead and replace the four posts with standard clear posts which will prevent future playfield damage and cover up the existing chipping.

#5994 5 years ago

I was thinking clear as well.

Quoted from darkryder:

I also had to fiddle with the metal arm a few times to get the arm to rest just where it needs to be

I also had to do this, was after about 300 hundred games though.

#5995 5 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Nice. I will go ahead and replace the four posts with standard clear posts which will prevent future playfield damage and cover up the existing chipping.

You or anyone wouldn't happen to have a link for clear posts that would function here? I'll be getting my game soon, and might as well replace them immediately.

#5996 5 years ago

https://www.pinballlife.com/plastic-translucent-star-posts-1-116-tall.html
I think these will work. Lots of places carry them. Marco, PBL, planetary pinball, You can even get lighted ones if you fancy.

#5997 5 years ago

Here is a picture from the post on one of the games on location.

669BC0B7-8F7B-405F-AF23-2EE5AC072056 (resized).jpeg669BC0B7-8F7B-405F-AF23-2EE5AC072056 (resized).jpeg

I highly doubt that this is something they have done with the game.

62D41F26-8F0B-4536-B44D-C20D4190247D (resized).jpeg62D41F26-8F0B-4536-B44D-C20D4190247D (resized).jpeg

#5998 5 years ago

I would use clear plastic washers before metal ones looks odd

#5999 5 years ago

Factory started adding the washers somewhere along the line.

#6000 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Here is a picture from the post on one of the games on location.
[quoted image]
I highly doubt that this is something they have done with the game.
[quoted image]

Problem with such thick washers is that sometimes ball would go in and be locked within the sling shot and also the arm can sometimes come out under it.

I will be getting some star posts like Dialed In has... not sure why JJP didnt do the same thing with POTC.

9783A57D-FED6-409E-9117-D112188C7A11 (resized).jpeg9783A57D-FED6-409E-9117-D112188C7A11 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 41.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/120?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.