(Topic ID: 200141)

JJP Pirates of the Caribbean Official Owners and Fan Club!

By goren1818

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,885 posts
  • 633 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 44 hours ago by Buzzie
  • Topic is favorited by 284 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pirates2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2297 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2298 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2299 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2301 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2300 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240330_165232 (resized).jpg
POTC_Mods_annotated (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 12.02.54 PM (resized).png
17117301082711484468150429261795 (resized).jpg
20240329_160033 (resized).jpg
431321214_1110342276953195_8816628931148154685_n (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223442061 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240129_223435586 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 378.
#501 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Here is the hardware they gave me. Screws not long enough to reach threaded hole in channel and no idea what these plastic anchors are for.
Called JJP this am about the leg bolt issue and asked about the topper, possible wrong hardware sent.[quoted image]

No idea or need for the white standoffs. Should be 4-5 screws and black caps. Install as mentioned previously not really difficult

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No idea or need for the white standoffs. Should be 4-5 screws and black caps. Install as mentioned previously not really difficult

I hear ya, should be simple however channel is wider than the screws supplied so no idea how that is gonna work.

Threaded holes in channel are on back side of channel, led strip in rear of channel. Topper sits in front of led strip in channel and I have nothing that goes through all of the above to secure and put black caps on front to finish off.

I was thinking maybe something was redesigned hence the standoffs. Just don’t see how they solve the issue as they don’t fit through holes in topper.

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Don’t have a picture but I can try words. Topper sits in channel. Screws go through large holes in front, through acrylic topper, and thread into rail. Install all screws and put provided plastic caps in front large holes in rail. 5 minute install.

This is right. Somewhere LTG answered this for me when I got mine. Acrylic topper sits at the back of the channel, screws go through the topper and into the metal channel in the back. Once it's screwed in you pop the black caps in the holes on the front side of the channel.

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

This is right. Somewhere ltg answered this for me when I got mine. Acrylic topper sits at the back of the channel, screws go through the topper and into the metal channel in the back. Once it's screwed in you pop the black caps in the holes on the front side of the channel.

My screws definitely don’t reach through to the front.only 1/4” long. Nobody else got these white plastic anchors or standoffs in their parts pkg for topper?

Does the topper sit directly on the led strip? My strip is along rear of channel.

I’m perplexed, spoke with Frank at JJP and he wasn’t sure so is looking into it.

#505 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My screws definitely don’t reach through to the front.only 1/4” long. Nobody else got these white plastic anchors or standoffs in their parts pkg for topper?
Does the topper sit directly on the led strip? My strip is along rear of channel.
I’m perplexed, spoke with Frank at JJP and he wasn’t sure so is looking into it.

The holes in the front are bigger than the heads of the screws so it only has to go through the acrylic and into the rear metal bracket and the holes are just used to put your screwdriver through. The plastic pieces then just fill the larger hole when the screws are installed. Give it a shot, it works.

#506 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

The holes in the front are bigger than the heads of the screws so it only has to go through the acrylic and into the rear metal bracket and the holes are just used to put your screwdriver through. The plastic pieces then just fill the larger hole when the screws are installed. Give it a shot, it works.

This may work, so, the topper does sit directly on the led strip then correct?

Sorry to make this difficult but their instructions really suck and the white standoffs really threw me off, I still have no idea why I have 6 of those from the same bag of parts.

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

This may work, so, the topper does sit directly on the led strip then correct?
Sorry to make this difficult but their instructions really suck and the white standoffs really threw me off, I still have no idea why I have 6 of those from the same bag of parts.

I agree, the instructions were lacking.

#508 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I agree, the instructions were lacking.

Thanks for the help, it worked!

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thanks for the help, it worked!

Glad you finally figured it out. Have you played the game yet or are you still fine tuning since you got it??!

#510 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Glad you finally figured it out. Have you played the game yet or are you still fine tuning since you got it??!

I played two games and am still trying to fine tune that flipper on the mini pf. Disk seems good now although it doesn’t sound great with glass off, lol! Hope that baby holds up over time. Sounds like sloppy plastic gears meshing, I’m guessing this is normal.

#511 5 years ago

Have you ever heard the Tron spinning disc with the glass off? It's loud too.

#512 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I played two games and am still trying to fine tune that flipper on the mini pf. Disk seems good now although it doesn’t sound great with glass off, lol! Hope that baby holds up over time. Sounds like sloppy plastic gears meshing, I’m guessing this is normal.

You sld just sell me your potc ...

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You sld just sell me your potc ...

Lol...funny!

On a different note, got her all dialed in finally and played a few games. Managed a hit on the ship, how do you know if it was the big hit or just partial?

Also, my inner left ship lantern is only illuminating the very bottom of the lantern. Could this be a loose bulb? I tested and all colors work, just doesn’t look the same as other 3 as far as lighting the lantern all the way to the top.

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Lol...funny!
On a different note, got her all dialed in finally and played a few games. Managed a hit on the ship, how do you know if it was the big hit or just partial?
Also, my inner left ship lantern is only illuminating the very bottom of the lantern. Could this be a loose bulb? I tested and all colors work, just doesn’t look the same as other 3 as far as lighting the lantern all the way to the top.

Lamps is normal just the LED angle. Full ship hit goes Into the side hole partial doesn’t. Did you watch any of the many JJP twitch videos?

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lamps is normal just the LED angle. Full ship hit goes Into the side hole partial doesn’t. Did you watch any of the many JJP twitch videos?

I did and recall them talking about the different levels of damage and some sort of indication somewhere along with a couple animations.
Happened so fast during my game I don’t recall if ball went in the hole!

#516 5 years ago

So this lamp second from left looks normal to you?

F859E78A-48E7-4B57-9D6F-52D5D1B1EDF2 (resized).jpegF859E78A-48E7-4B57-9D6F-52D5D1B1EDF2 (resized).jpeg
#517 5 years ago

Anybody know exactly how the fork mech under the chest works? I was under the assumption once a ball is locked that they retract so you can hit the bottle neck shot. Mine seem to stay up once they have been actuated and even after a new game is started. This normal?

Edit: Fixed it for good. Found the coil bracket screw was hella loose.

#518 5 years ago

Switch stack on UP bonus x target

1E774F67-A65F-47B0-A099-55E7D221D189 (resized).jpeg1E774F67-A65F-47B0-A099-55E7D221D189 (resized).jpeg
#519 5 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

Switch stack on UP bonus x target
[quoted image]

That stinks looks like you have to do some soldering. Easy fix you’ll be back to catching pirates in no time.

#520 5 years ago

Where are all the happy owner (not from straight overhead) gameplay videos?

(hint hint)

#521 5 years ago

where is that plug on the board for the trough? i get random multi balls every ball

#522 5 years ago

under the playfield or in the backbox?

#523 5 years ago

my 5 ball trough Jam stays lit, very rarely turns off. Took the balls out it stays lit (top pic) . only turns off every once in a while for a short time. Assuming bottom pic is how it is supposed to look. obviously the trough is clear.

5AD5F718-123A-4A58-A0C7-0D508B1F604F (resized).jpeg5AD5F718-123A-4A58-A0C7-0D508B1F604F (resized).jpeg68566781-E212-4983-A2FB-CDE7388DCEB8 (resized).jpeg68566781-E212-4983-A2FB-CDE7388DCEB8 (resized).jpegCF25FBA4-0EAC-4305-9902-0CB53D6D1ADE (resized).jpegCF25FBA4-0EAC-4305-9902-0CB53D6D1ADE (resized).jpeg

#524 5 years ago

Decided to switch the optos out of Dialed in and we are back up and running! One bad reciever light.... i know cause I tried to be lazy and checked it after switching out the transmitter board.

427E8B30-2F8A-48AC-A5BF-0FBFD3B829AE (resized).jpeg427E8B30-2F8A-48AC-A5BF-0FBFD3B829AE (resized).jpeg4B2BD165-7313-4FEC-89D2-0318169DEBDB (resized).jpeg4B2BD165-7313-4FEC-89D2-0318169DEBDB (resized).jpeg
#525 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Decided to switch the optos out of Dialed in and we are back up and running! One bad reciever light.... i know cause I tried to be lazy and checked it after switching out the transmitter board.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Sent you an email. Let me know if you need me to get involved or not. Looks like you have it all figured out already.

#526 5 years ago

Pirates washed ashore in ohio!

20181030_111945 (resized).jpg20181030_111945 (resized).jpg20181030_125954 (resized).jpg20181030_125954 (resized).jpg
#527 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So this lamp second from left looks normal to you?

I was wondering the same thing, as that's how it looks on mine...

#528 5 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I don’t think it looks normal, my 9 year old pointed it out to me. I went back and watched some video from JJP and don’t see the same issue.

I’m waiting to hear back from Frank@JJP, he requested some photos of what I was seeing.

Here are a few more for everyone’s viewing pleasure. Don’t look normal to me!

A5E77F01-1D2E-4DEC-9F0D-67A31EEBD618 (resized).jpegA5E77F01-1D2E-4DEC-9F0D-67A31EEBD618 (resized).jpegE66F97D2-2B49-4473-9F66-4A5E36A056A1 (resized).jpegE66F97D2-2B49-4473-9F66-4A5E36A056A1 (resized).jpegF9CF511A-6C79-4654-803B-683F3CD42742 (resized).jpegF9CF511A-6C79-4654-803B-683F3CD42742 (resized).jpeg
#529 5 years ago

That's how it looks on the Pirates at SS Billiards too. I was just there today and took at a look. Definitely not as fully lit as the other lamps there.

#530 5 years ago

Same on mine. Don’t really notice it though as I am mostly playing the game.

#531 5 years ago

Could be an artistic effect?

Just got word mine will be shipped this week!!

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from Rbviessman:

Could be an artistic effect?
Just got word mine will be shipped this week!!

Could be but it could also be a defect as well. Sent same pics to my distributor and he thought it looked odd as well.

Obviously not a big deal but my kid pointed it out to me while I was playing so I thought I would look into it.

#533 5 years ago

It makes me so happy that all the faults with the game is small and easy to fix

#534 5 years ago

After the last few Hobbit Updates JJP convinced me that they are dedicaded to bring the best out of every game they built. So I sold my Metallica LE and ordered a PotC . For me the Metallica is one of the best games ever, but after the years I played it less and less. But it was a very hard decision. The Met was part of my living room for many years.
I like the whole pirate theme and PotC looks like a lot fun. I am hoping I did the right thing joining this club here.

#535 5 years ago

Can somebody take a pic of the scoop screws below the pop bumper? The screws on mine sit below the pop bumper skirt. Wondering if this is normal.

#536 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

After the last few Hobbit Updates JJP convinced me that they are dedicaded to bring the best out of every game they built. So I sold my Metallica LE and ordered a PotC . For me the Metallica is one of the best games ever, but after the years I played it less and less. But it was a very hard decision. The Met was part of my living room for many years.
I like the whole pirate theme and PotC looks like a lot fun. I am hoping I did the right thing joining this club here.

Tough decision for sure. I'm considering selling my Metallica and or acdc for a potc. Definitely tough to let either go.

#537 5 years ago

Hogbog Hi Eric, love the game, seriously. I find myself playing it exclusively on route lately now even while I have every other new game available to play. Couple of quick questions if you or Keith could answer them.

1. What purpose do souls have in the game and how do you collect them? Often in Liar's Dice one of the wagers will be souls. I have them, not sure how I got them and I am not sure how important they are. Is it just a bonus thing right now?

2. Do you plan on adding the negative affects of each character to their select screens where it shows the bonus attributes? For the longest time, I didn't realize that each character has a negative attribute that goes along with their specific positive one. I know you can see some of them individually during the information screen when you hold in both buttons, but it would be nice to see in comparison to the bonus attribute when you are selecting a character, especially since there are so many characters to keep track of.

Thanks.

#538 5 years ago

#415 arrived today! Time to play, weekend can’t come soon enough.

171DA3BC-72FC-45E4-85BB-88E1D7C68394 (resized).jpeg171DA3BC-72FC-45E4-85BB-88E1D7C68394 (resized).jpeg774C1BD4-159C-4FB2-BE48-650B4F7DC832 (resized).jpeg774C1BD4-159C-4FB2-BE48-650B4F7DC832 (resized).jpeg89F87F36-DF6D-4957-8123-D8348B248644 (resized).jpeg89F87F36-DF6D-4957-8123-D8348B248644 (resized).jpegBD2BEE00-D1BC-4B6A-AD8B-82882BA2D986 (resized).jpegBD2BEE00-D1BC-4B6A-AD8B-82882BA2D986 (resized).jpeg
#539 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You should hear whirlwind.......

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

You should hear whirlwind.......

Haven’t played whirlwind but potc isn’t bad with the glass on.

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

What purpose do souls have in the game and how do you collect them?

In the context of liar's dice, souls refers to characters collected from chapters. You can double or nothing your characters to really help your wizard mode scores (or not).

Unless it says "your soul." Tread lightly!

#542 5 years ago

I'm thinking about getting a POTC but I want to make sure I get the most recent build. Can you guys tell me what has been fixed from the first games that were shipped? I believe the ball getting stuck on the right ramp transition is something that has been fixed, has there been any other corrections that have been made recently or more importantly . . .any fixes that are coming soon or should be made?

Thanks

#543 5 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

In the context of liar's dice, souls refers to characters collected from chapters. You can double or nothing your characters to really help your wizard mode scores (or not).
Unless it says "your soul." Tread lightly!

Ahh...ok. That makes sense now. Thanks Keith!

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

I'm thinking about getting a POTC but I want to make sure I get the most recent build. Can you guys tell me what has been fixed from the first games that were shipped? I believe the ball getting stuck on the right ramp transition is something that has been fixed, has there been any other corrections that have been made recently or more importantly . . .any fixes that are coming soon or should be made?
Thanks

Most things sld b refined which is the reason it took so long to start shipping

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

The rocking ship pivots were changed after the first 20 games, and those have all been dealt with.

Nothing else to worry about, or coming. Buy your POTC with confidence of a great game.

LTG : )

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The rocking ship pivots were changed after the first 20 games, and those have all been dealt with.
Nothing else to worry about, or coming. Buy your POTC with confidence of a great game.

I think I have one of the first 20... what should I look for? I’ve seen ball hangups on the ramp out of the ship, two different ways: One where the ball rests on the one way gate. The other is when it wedges HARD in the start of the wireform.

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

what should I look for?

I doubt it. If ball doesn't roll off the rocking ship and down the right plastic ramp, tighten the screw a little squishing the robber grommet and lowering the ramp.

#548 5 years ago

Surprised they did not put a rubber grommet on the plastic under the ship where the wiring harness runs through. I think over time this will wear out the wire and possibly cause damage to wires. I will be putting one in there just to be safe. I would also suggest double checking your wiring harness at the front of the left side cab. Making sure it is in its plastic loop holder. If it comes out it can possibly be hit by PF rails and tug on the start button wiring harness.
Pin is tons of fun though! Having a blast with it, kids won't even touch Star Trek now. But my youngest niece still loves Space Station the most!

#549 5 years ago

Two odd occurrences last night.

Anyone experience an airball off the ship ramp? Twice went up ramp and ship rocked left and ball went over left side. I’m assuming the rocking motion threw the ball left.

Also had a ball somehow get stuck between ship and side of cabinet and despite the ship rocking it took a couple nudged to free it.

#550 5 years ago

Best game yet!!!
I have experience the air ball of the ramp.

CEFDFC6B-F5C5-4647-92C7-A740DA49A316 (resized).jpegCEFDFC6B-F5C5-4647-92C7-A740DA49A316 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

24,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 18,885 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 378.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/11?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.